> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Huawei P40 - Discussion | Smartphone, 6.1 "

Rep: (2724)
Discussionhuawei P40
PictureHuawei P40, Huawei P40
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ

Specifications
  • Dimensions: 71.06 x 148.9 x 8.5 mm,
  • Weight: 175 g,
  • SoC: Huawei HiSilicon KIRIN 990 5G,
  • Processor: 2x 2.86 GHz ARM Cortex-A76, 2x 2.36 GHz ARM Cortex-A76, 4x 1.95 GHz ARM Cortex-A55,
  • Graphics processor: ARM Mali-G76 MP16, 600 MHz,
  • Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz,
  • Built-in Memory: 128 GB, 256 GB,
  • Screen: 6.1 in, OLED, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 24 bit,
  • Battery: 3800 mAh, Li-polymer (Li-polymer)
  • Operating System: Android 10

Photo
Attached Image

Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Rep: (4)
I bought myself still today the p40, set vatsap, Mobile VOIP, Skype, navigation, well, that's all what I use, excellent body and Akka keeps well, much longer than the camera pleases, photo fine although sometimes Samsung s20, failure, bad that there is no wireless charging, well, the most important thing !!! no extra Googley not need trash, only one it covers all the disadvantages, people have a question, when the screen displays in the lower left corner of the shoe and how many paces, will not prompt as it is removed from the screen?

Post has been editedAus seversk - 29.04.20, 23:03

Rep: (0)
* Aus seversk Also I bought this phone, like all novorochennye kdevuyu camera modes flat screen without rounding, the small dimensions of the device, and a bonus for pre-orders received wireless ears and Tsegay comp 47 thousand at a discount. In short, I put the pedometer this method of removing health applications. As I understand it, and you can turn off in it.

* Ddhuawe,

And that's where I have not climbed, remove health will not be because I have a clock heuaveevskie and without this app as I understand it will not work, do today, thanks for the tip

Rep: (197)
Well, here I am with you. He moved from his Xiaomi Mi9 :)
From what NOT LIKE: wireless charging is not added ( "pancake" by Xiaomi is idle, and buying a special case, which I do not like, not yet drawn). White balance screen in some default "yellow" to tighten up by itself. The camera does not always generate a stable and expected result - I hope that soon or AI trained or updates improve performance.
Also, after testing these smartphones as OPPO Find X2 and the Samsung Galaxy S20, and here I want to see an increased screen gertsovku that my eyes were a very good eye for detail. But this is from the category of "noncritical hotelok". Fortunately, those monitored devices, I have returned, so 120Hz mozolyat no longer the eye, causing envy :)
At P40 much more than they like. Google services delivered only necessary to me - nothing fancy, but there is a heap of unnecessary waste. Autonomy - straight after the former pleases Xiaomi, smartphone very well hold a charge! Frontalka - one of the best that I've seen on the market in general, in the end forgave even a large cut in the screen (you can hide). The main camera on the whole photographed very well - sometimes it's a strange image processing, but if it does not take into account the dynamic range, sharpness, and other quality of our smart phone is very good. Pumped and video, besides there is a manual setting video shooting, albeit modest. Portrait mode at P40 bypasses all "samsungovsky", which I never really liked him. Communication - excellent, tenacious GPS, hassle-free network reception. Sound is subjective to P40 I like more than MI9, though not compared in detail. Finally, at the device sizes are good - in the era of the flagships with screens 6.7 "and above our 6.1-inch device is very comfortable in the hand.
I will try in a short time to make some reviews on this unit, painted in detail the experience of its operation and to share useful information.

Post has been editedMgalex - 27.05.20, 17:57
Reason for editing: In the header

Rep: (12)
I will begin a series of publications on the device. I think that over the next couple of days will tell all.

In my opinion, HUAWEI P40 - Premium device without Google services, which in itself is an unusual combination. The gadget turned out bright and original. Personal spoiler - a camera phone in a compact housing with top combination of characteristics and a good autonomy.

Appearance and ergonomics
Black HUAWEI P40 was Mark - glossy surface is spoiled immediately. Therefore, the first day I was looking for on the Internet prettier case for this model. But in the palm of the device is convenient, the back edge is slightly curved and smoothly into the frame. Smartphone easily operated with one hand. The housing is narrow, and the system of gestures was convenient to go back, you can just svaypnuv along any portion of the side face. Unlock by fingerprint is not lightning fast, but accurate, errors occurred. Even better would be if you configure the facial recognition, it works without delays, even in the dark.
Impressive cutout front camera confused in the early hours of love. Here it housed not only the object, but also an additional infrared sensor, so the "hole" to get close. The shell has a simple solution in settings - dimming option top of the display. You can also use the wallpaper with a dark background. Or just get used to over time.
We were pleased with a good autonomy. Even under a resistive load - messengers, games, reading - the device never finished the day with an empty battery. But disappointed no wireless charging, I was already used to fuel their vehicles with its help. Also had to be content with 128 GB of internal memory: slot format nanoSD not designed for the usual card.
The quality of communication in smartphones this brand is usually high. Here HUAWEI P40 shows its best side. A good speaker: interlocutor perfectly audible, the sound is not distorted. Modules Wi-Fi and pleasing tenacious GPS signal and the instantaneous speed connection. Smarfton also supports the work of 5G networks, but we have it yet useless option.

Post has been editedMgalex - 27.05.20, 17:57

Today arrived new thing

Continues a series of publications on the device.

Installing third-party applications.
On the one hand, on your smartphone no Google services, and on the other - has its own store AppGallery. Replacing yet unequal, but the range of available applications is constantly growing. And anyway, it's Android! Almost everything here is easy to put on their own.
Popular applications on the spot: I installed through AppGallery I needed services, "Yandex" application "Sberbank.Onlayn" and "Alfa-Bank" and "My Tele2" to control communication costs.
It is worth noting that in AppGallery no place for Facebook products. That is, WhatsApp and Instagram in the store no. Of course, there Telegram and "VKontakte", but not all of this will be enough. Early to panic: to enter in the search bar AppGallery word В«WhatsAppВ», and the first result page redirects to the developer with the version of messenger for Android. Download APK from a browser - not much more complicated than to install the app from Google Play.
Attached Image
Attached Image

If an application or a link to it still is not in the HUAWEI store, you can use the siteAPKPure . Here there are the installation files for the majority of services. And of course, you should use the search by clicking the link abovesavagemessiahzine.com. For example, a photo editor Snapseed in AppGallery not, which is not surprising, because it is the developer of "good company." But in the relevant forum topic there is a version with a cut in the output resolution to the internet and Google-reading services.

Hello. It is interesting to use it without the services Google.
Voice Search is not yet tightened and voice control? This is not to be missed.
Applications, in fact, I use a little bit. Main BEAC online start up, and for nfs I have a map of MTS Bank.
What games do you start? I only call of duty play.
speaker behind the screen? Maybe it's for the best.

krezimax1975 @ 01.05.20, 17:19*
speaker behind the screen? Maybe it's for the best.

Not so, if you do talk louder when the others will hear everything, as for me, duck is not a good solution completely

A few words about the contactless payment

How to pay off your smartphone, if Google Pay is not supported? There is an alternative in the form of applications, "Purse". However, at first I tried to tie the card to those already established in the HUAWEI P40 program. But the card is the bank "Opening" refused to work as a means of payment.
It's simple: it is necessary to download the application "Wallet" from AppGallery or the developer's site. Although the name is the same, we need a program with a purple icon:
Attached Image

"Wallet" works with many banks, including the "Alfa-Bank" and "Tinkoff". Enter card details "Discovery" was a matter of minutes, after which became available contactless payment. No more difficult than Google Pay. To pay for coffee or food, enough to enable NFC and bring the smartphone to the terminal.
Attached Image
Attached Image

In the application you can add various discount cards shops and salons. They simply present it at the box office in the form of a barcode. More in the "Wallet" is the section of discounts and you might find new loyalty cards directly through the application. Conveniently.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedMgalex - 27.05.20, 17:56

you can use the site APKPure

As he had with security and how it differs for instance from Aurora store or Uptodown?

* Aus seversk
It is difficult to say for sure, but it seems the employees themselves Huawei offered as an alternative ...

* Aus seversk
You can also use and our favorite forum in which we now communicate :) Part of the application is installed without any problems here. I think the forum userssavagemessiahzine.comtrust somehow easier than the other sites.

Post has been editedBetaGadgets - 01.05.20, 21:57

Rep: (385)
Taranov @ 30.04.20, 18:10*
A good speaker: interlocutor perfectly audible, the sound is not distorted

You have exactly the regular version P40? Just dull and quiet sound of the earpiece hidden under the screen of the smartphone is a real minus, I just because of this have not yet been moved to bought on the day of the start of sales of P40. And believe me I have something to compare, for example at the moment as the main unit using P30

* z-paxan
Though not matter to me, but I can not say that the microphone / speaker in the P40 are of particular cause for criticism ... In overseas reviews that seen before selecting devaysa also celebrated as normal. Maybe P30 much better - believe you can not compare :)
To the right, "dull" sound was - this smartphone does not notice. However, I do not have much experience, "speech" comparisons, maybe the phone is used more often for service than for calls.
Maybe we should check the machine to the marriage?

* Scar1989,
I have the same no deafness not sufficiently high frequency, only the rear backrest can be isolated by something that would not have heard around: D

Games

Not all games are present in AppGallery: for example, the usual me TES Blades or the mobile version of Knights of the Old Republic I have not found, they will have to install "by hand". But popular titles - on the spot. Established a World of Tanks and Asphalt 9. With these games HUAWEI P40 cope without hesitation. "Tanks" issued a stable 60 fps at maximum settings with HD-textures, and the race is not podlagivany, despite the abundance of colorful animation.
Attached filevideo1.mp4(166.08 MB)
(Beware, 150+ MB)
Also available in store HUAWEI popular Fortnite. Resource-intensive game, on your smartphone you need to upload more than 7 GB of data, so you first need to run a separate installer. The gameplay is smooth, throttling is not noticed, but the body heats up quickly and is quite noticeable.
Attached Image

But a whole heap of running applications is forcing HUAWEI P40 freezes. You can switch between the game, browser, gallery and a text editor, nothing takes off at the same time from the memory. enough headroom smartphones on the shoulder multitasking interface is always pleasing smoothness, and chopped into productive toys can be comfortably.

z-paxan @ 01.05.20, 22:18*
You have exactly the regular version P40?

Ordinary.
I can only compare with the old gnusmas. After them - the audibility of the fire.

A photo
In HUAWEI P40 camera has a few "chips" that set this smartphone among their own kind. For example, video can be recorded in the "Pro": to change the ISO, focus, and white balance methods. Those who often shoots video, like it. Another feature - even when shooting in 4K at 60 frames per second stabilization works just fine. If he outsmarted everyone and secretly filmed with a Steadicam. However, during the recording of N fast switching between lenses: Zoom slider accounts.
Attached filevideo.mp4(131.09 MB)
(Beware of the traffic!)
PhotoChances at HUAWEI P40 cool: the main camera with a resolution of 50 megapixels and aperture f / 1.9 gives excellent picture day and doing well in difficult lighting conditions. Shooting portraits is available from the main focus lens with zoom 2x and 3x. The function of artificial intelligence can not disable: in most cases, it works correctly and the image processing is not annoying acid colors or other errors. It is true that sometimes makes smartphone scene contrast than they actually were. Wide-angle autofocus module was (quite tenacious), and pictures with him encouraging good quality. Set HUAWEI P40 cameras can be called a universal, there is no lens "for show".
Photo Gallery
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

In normal application "Gallery" has a great set of tools to enhance the image. There are filters that change the contrast setting, brightness and saturation, crop function, and you can still use Auto Enhance mode - the smartphone itself "finalize" picture. If this is not enough, in AppGallery popular photo editors are already available. I found PicsArt, Fotor or Retrica, and Snapseed installed separately.
Attached Image

Findings:
HUAWEI P40 proved to be an interesting device. I like the high-end cameras and powerful iron packed in a relatively small size. Comfortable jacket and good autonomy - the pros devices. But not all are satisfied: the brand building, a rare form of memory cards, a large cut-out in the display. But it pleased with the possibility of contactless payment without Google Pay and availability in the store AppGallery core applications. HUAWEI diligently pumping its services, and its new flagship makes a good impression - though independently set here Google-services still does not hurt. Example instructions here -Installing Google services on HUAWEI

Post has been editedMgalex - 27.05.20, 17:54

although independently set here Google-services still does not hurt. Example instructions here - Set Google services on HUAWEI

He tried? And something like that on the phone sounds like advertising, is not?

Rep: (17)
Purse is working with the master card. The visa does not support.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 28/06/20, 19:53