Actual volume for home PC
Up to 500GB [ 65 ] ** [6,73%]
1TB [ 343 ] ** [35,51%]
2TB [ 258 ] ** [26,71%]
3-5Tb [ 119 ] ** [12,32%]
The bigger, the better [ 180 ] ** [18,63%]
Total votes: 966

Rep: (2729)
Discussion and selection of HDD (Hard Disk Drive)

Attached Image

Attention!

What you need to assess the "health" of the hard drive
Assess the "health" of the hard drive without seeing the state of S.M.A.R.T impossible!
Application that allows you to quickly get S.M.A.R.T. disk -CrystalDiskInfoStandard Edition

Instruction:
  1. Run the application: Service->Additionally->RAW-values>10 [DEC] (picture)
  2. If there are several hard drives, select the one you need in the row at the top of the window.
  3. Stretch the window that opens so that all the lines of the table are guilty
  4. Take a screenshotwindow rather than the entire desktop ( Alt + PrtScr or any other screenshotr convenient to you)
  5. Lay out a screenshot in the topic

Crib:How to read S.M.A.R.T
HDD Articles and Reviews
Reliability statistics from Backblaze for the period 2013-2017
Attached Image

NB: It is not worthwhile to refer to these statistics as an absolute indicator of the degree of reliability. In the data center drives work in extreme conditions - high temperature, vibration, constant load without interruptions.
Ie in this tabletessentially contains endurance datahard drives with 100% load on them and in difficult operating conditions. However, reliability indirectly reflects
https: //www.techpoweru…017-hgst-most-reliable

HDD tests
HDD FAQ from Xbit.com
Topics on the choice of components
useful links

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedstp101 - 08.11.18, 13:07
Reason for editing: Bootable USB flash drive with Victoria program

I had the opportunity to change my almost new (a couple of months)1 Tb SATA-II 300 Seagate / Maxtor Barracuda 7200.12 / DiamondMax 23 7200rpm 32Mbon new1 Tb SATA 6Gb / s Western Digital Caviar Black 7200rpm 64Mb. Seagate does not suit me because of the noise, at night in silence the sound of positioning is annoying. Interestingly, WD is as noisy, no one listened?

Posted on 12/26/2010 9:08 PM:

Judging by the description, WD will be cooler ...
Noise level: WD 2.8 Bel in Idle mode, 3.3 Bel in Seek Mode 0, 2.9 Bel in Seek Mode 3
SG 2.5 Bel in Idle mode, 2.7 Bel when searching

Rep: (1963)
Shoore
For terabaytnik not say, because I do not have. All the rest of my westerns (320, 640) - not heard. Except ... - all VDs in seek make a distinctive sound (crackling sound), but I like them just for that ... of course, not counting reliability ... :)

pasha_550 That is, is WD a priori more reliable than SG? With noise already found a way out, the side panels of the box resonate. I want to stick an atomic vibration damper, such foil crap;)

Shoore @ 12.26.2010, 21:37*
That is, is WD a priori more reliable than SG?

You me, by chance, with gb do not you confuse? Well, how do I know ... :)
Judging by the lack of heated discussion in the profile branch on the trunk, at the moment (just like in previous years) - the VD has no problems ... :)
http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=11:41092

Shoore @ 12.26.2010, 21:37*
With noise already found a way out, the side panels of the box resonate. I want to stick an atomized vibration damper, such foil crap

Maybe it's time to change the housing more decently? :)
For several years I had some tricky self-adhesive crap lying around, which I was also going to use as a noise suppressor. But I did not intend to ...

Post has been editedpasha_550 - 26.12.10, 22:06

Rep: (182)
I have a terabyte from VD. At first he put ubuntu on him, he worked quietly. In win7 when distributing torrents cracks. About the reliability I will not say anything, the screw is only a couple of months in use.

Pasha_550 @ 12.26.2010, 22:01*
Maybe it's time to change the housing more decently?

No, no, he is my “new” at all, just donated. I like it very, comfortable. Quickly disassembled, assembled, all on the latches, the carriage with the railway is swiveling, quite thick metal well, etc.
Attached Image

Photo unsuccessful, but there is no other. Filmed, sopsna how adapted windproof on the hard drive

Without a side panel, the hard drive is not audible, that is, it is a banal resonance ...

Rep: (1213)
Bought 500 WD Blue. So quietly, but with the active recording crackles, however - it doesn’t bother much. It is already worth 2TB Green, that's where there is real silence, even with the active distribution of twenty simultaneous torrents and a parallel jump.
By the way - Windows 7 was about 10 minutes, against 30 on the old screw. :)

Post has been editedNerovinger - 27.12.10, 00:48

Rep: (911)
Nerovinger,
You send the computer to the slip ... on my HTPC, the green does not always wake up, often its system does not find: happy:

Stasman,
Everything normally wakes up and is determined. If it matters, then all the screws are in ACHI (I don't remember the exact spelling) mode. I read similar complaints, but I'm fine.

Nerovinger,
Yes, everything is also in ACHI, I have not yet found the key to the problem, I spat and use hibernation ... there are suspicions of the mother and the BP ...
Lucky ...

Stasman,
Mother: Gigabyte MA790-UD3P, BP - was PowerMan (IN WIN) 350W, now - CM eXtreme Power Plus 500W, everything is fine and both of them. Even in the advanced power settings that are activated by the reg-files, the parking of the disks is turned off, which this "green" loves to do by default.

StasMan @ 12/27/2010, 17:31*
I spat and use hibernation ... there is suspicion of the mother

I, too, periodically in the blue of the Windows loaded / woke up. Perhaps the section on nutrition in the BIOS is crookedly configured. I, in the end, helped flashing. Apparently, when before the slick integrated, he did something crookedly ...

Now he put Western Black Caviar, (he cloned everything with Barracuda by an acronym) ... oh and noisy, three times the crunches of Seagate. The speed is identical.

Shoore @ 12/28/2010, 21:54*
Oh, and noisy, he, three times crunches

pasha_550 @ 12.26.2010, 21:32*
all VDs in seek make a distinctive sound (crackle)

Shoore @ 12.26.2010, 22:08*
I had the opportunity to change my almost new (a couple of months) 1 Tb SATA-II 300 Seagate / Maxtor Barracuda 7200.12 / DiamondMax 23 7200rpm 32Mb with a new 1 Tb SATA 6Gb / s Western Digital Caviar Black 7200rpm 64Mb.

I’m going to brag about this topic ... Today I’ve become the proud owner of a second copy 1 Tb SATA 6Gb / s Western Digital Caviar Black 7200rpm 64Mb
S.M.A.R.T.
Attached Image

Control gear
Attached Image

I want to collect hardware RAID 0, I can not figure out how to rotate the procedure without losing the system. Nobody bother?

Posted on 07/14/2011, 18:16:

And further. There are rumors on the Internet that SATA III slows down on the SATA II controller. Does it make sense to limit the speed to 3Gbit with a jumper (there is such an option on the hard drives)?

Post has been editedShoore - 14.07.11, 18:55

Shoore @ 07/14/2011, 18:16*
I want to collect hardware RAID 0, I can not figure out how to rotate the procedure without losing the system.

No

pasha_550 yes already realized, there is an option http://habrahabr.ru/qa/9399/ and even system archiving can be dispensed with (without third-party tools, the G-7 can do it), but there is no place to merge the archive :(

UPD: and here's another idea visitedAttached Image
RAID-0 + RAID-1
Attached Image

I want to cover the "rear" somehow ...

And normal SSD is expensive, Mlyn.

Post has been editedShoore - 14.07.11, 21:57
Reason for editing: UPD

Rep: (856)
Shoore,
Norm SSD for Windows and software: 3-4 kilorubles)) my wash is not so expensive :))

Zloy Pryanik normalfrom 6 minimum Attached Image
Attached Image

And I got this one at a cumulative discount almost for nothing (1200 rubles) and more inthis placeThere was practically no choice, so I proceed from what I have. And this is not the primary task, so ... just a toy.

Shoore,
Sir knows a lot about perversions ...
RAID 0 + 1 is RAID 5 (three hard drives at least), but I don’t even remember that the raids would be done successfully from the total volume of the screw ... Yes, and softreyd can only be viewed as homework ...
P.S. I can provide a place at 36Mb / s, a little later ...

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 05/08/20, 04:39