The choice of comparison devices for smart home | Compare Select smart devices

Rep: (1068)
Selection of the comparison device for the construction of smart homes.

Post has been editedmihadom - 23.01.20, 13:36

Rep: (23)
How well playing Google home? Very different from the mini? And Google hub sound as it turns into a mini?

Rep: (1)
Colleagues good morning!

Does anyone have any Google Max? Share as sound as sensitivity?

Rep: (58)
I have a mini, and hub and max. Max certainly the best in sound, even something like a bass gives)
The difference between the hub and the mini is not as strong, but the hub of course much louder and more detailed sound. Who is looking for a music column only take Max

Rep: (1)
zamalatb @ 23.01.20, 10:11*
Max certainly the best in sound, even something like a bass gives)

Thank! But no worse than on a mini microphone sensitivity?

Rep: (58)
Pavcom @ 23.01.20, 9:56*
no worse than on a mini microphone sensitivity?

Similarly, not worse

Rep: (18)
Greetings! Tell me, please - a few questions about the Google home to make the right choice:

1) Is understood that the Google home mini mini and carry only a little quieter and a little worse hearing than a full-size home?
And better now take a mini nest, as she is better sound and a percent?

2) if I need to do not know from a smart home first to put a voice and look for garbage in the internet and order a pizza ", but a reliable system of alarm system, observation, and leak control, that is, more interaction with different sensors - Google Houm may, Or you must certainly look towards all sigbles, MVEV, Arduino ITD? Roughly speaking, can I connect to Google home inexpensive leakage sensors, IP cameras, and whether it will send a notification / sms to the phone in the case, can you give the command to cover the water with the drive? Interested in an adequate comparable budget, that is, if we need special, difficult and expensive "google sensors" to it, when the same can be done at times cheaper others - advise this other system, plz)

3) Your personal impressions - Does Google Hoium Universal Learning Remote Remove, to view a movie, for example? The consoles squeeze, you need one universal to replace the hand to - but as I understand it, if I didn't really want to choose - buy a Logitech Harmony or All for One, now there is a second, dramatically the other way - to buy a smart column Tipo Google is missing mini, and to Is it some kind of IR Controller, right? And already speak the column - "Ok Google, watch movies", and she will already cut the projector in macros through the IR transmitter, the Receiver, etc. (which are old and without bluetooth, but only on IC). I will be glad if someone advises such an IR controller to the messenger in a personal, and describes his impressions - is it better if it is just a universal console with all sorts of macro and activiti. It will be a shame right now to buy a console for 3 + tr, and then all the same google is missing, and throw an unnecessary console to the distant corner)

Rep: (157)
vlad_august @ 23.01.20, 08:36*
How well playing Google home? Very different from the mini? And Google hub sound as it turns into a mini?

Google Home plays well. At high volume, I almost do not listen to this column, but in the volume of the volume 30% -50% I really like it. Good shared timbre and unexpectedly for such a small device - excellent bottoms! I have a lot of acoustics in the house, including a large, so guests are usually considered that some SAB is turned on when only Google Home :) Google MINI is very different. For MINI music suits little. Of course it is better than the dynamics of the phone, but still it is more like a voice of an assistant, or quite good for listening to podcasts, playing fairy tales to children, etc.
Google hub'a I do not have, so I can not say anything about it.
From the point of view of the sensitivity of the microphone - it seems to me that the mini is a little better than that of rats. But this is subjective) If they are placed side by side, then on OK, Google, they respond about the same, sometimes both at the same time, sometimes one, sometimes the other. The unequivocal superiority visible there.

Rep: (27)
* gilgamesh2
3) No will replace. The GX application only combines devices from different manufacturers with different applications in one and can make them interact with each other by one phrase. And as a rule, not all the functions of devices that are in their "native" applications are available in GC. For example, this situation: You want to come home and saying some kind of phrase, you have turned on the computer, light in the room, TV and air conditioning. This can be done from GC with the help of the universal bodlink (for IR instruments) and some sockets / relyweshes of the Sonoff type or already ready-made smart light bulbs. But you will not be able to fully control the TV, only the basic functions on / off, the volume, and something else is simple. "Smart" scenarios and behavior of your devices will still have to set in their native applications and settings.

* gilgamesh2
gilgamesh2 @ 23.01.20, 11:46*
and reliable system signaling, monitoring, and control of leaks

I would not trust the GC it all, and in this sense is not. If triggered leakage sensor (e.g. Xiaomei), it sends a signal and actuating device (solenoid) will block the water. And it does not need internet. A GC column without internet just brick. In addition, the application itself by Xiaomei will send you a notification on the phone and the GC here simply as the fifth wheel of the cart.

woxikon @ 23.01.20, 18:58*
I would not trust the GC it all, and in this sense is not. If triggered leakage sensor (e.g. Xiaomei), it sends a signal and actuating device (solenoid) will block the water. And it does not need internet. A GC column without internet just brick. In addition, the application itself by Xiaomei will send you a notification on the phone and the GC here simply as the fifth wheel of the cart.

That is mi home can do such a thing (to send a notification to the phone and apply a signal to the device Tipo relay or solenoid on the version) and Google home - no? As something quite strange.
At that point that I want everything in one organized system - and the inclusion of dca, and notification of the opening of doors or leakage, and voice set alarm clocks and timers in the kitchen, not the city of 10 applications on your phone for every action - ksyaomi for leaks monitors, Google gk includes door sensors is still a third that it monitors the ...
Therefore, I choose a system thought to mi home, but there are glitches rabid many, mess with belts, upgrade fixed and flies because of this adjustment, the Chinese notification, and voice assists not. Alice and Yandex IMHO all be milked shamelessly at catching and cutting funkionale Alexa less intelligent and even Russian plans no - it turns out, is only the Google home ...
Here wanted to know the users of this system about the nuances of control and other sensors, but the moderator blows threads in another section stubbornly carries them ...

woxikon @ 23.01.20, 18:26*
This can be done from the GC with a universal remote Brodlink (IR devices) and what the outlets / relyushek type Sonoff or ready-smart bulbs. But you will not be able to fully voice to control the TV, only basic functions on / off, volume, and that something else plain.

Duck for dca this is quite enough, it is clear that the adjustment of the screen size, for example, or Equalizer on the receiver - no voice, and with the native console already. But can you make friends with Google home leakage sensors, door opening, the presence of, for example, IP cameras, etc.?
To avoid putting a separate application to open a door sensor, for example, and keep it permanently somewhere. Would like to see a maximum of notifications, settings, and monitoring of, and receive / call call was made in a single system.

Or is it turns out, one or the other? What else Siegbach or siyaomi - for "affairs" - that is, monitoring sensors, cameras, etc. singnalki and Google home - only to be played, there is only voice Assist, igrunki requests voice to the Internet, and play music from the movies?

* gilgamesh2
gilgamesh2 @ 23.01.20, 23:09*
That is mi home can do such a thing (to send a notification to the phone and apply a signal to the device Tipo relay or solenoid on the version) and Google home - no? As something quite strange.

Yes, that's right, through a hub Xiaomei. In addition, the no-download "native" applications, you generally will not be able to connect their devices from any manufacturer. Understand GC does not interact directly with the devices. GC receives the information from the application devices themselves and manages only through these applications.
gilgamesh2 @ 23.01.20, 23:09*
At that point that I want everything on one system to organize - and the inclusion of dca, and notification of the opening of doors or leakage, and voice set alarms and timers in the kitchen, not the city of 10 applications on the phone for each action

And why 10 applications? Suffice it to 2 or 3. All the electronics, where you have the on / off switch can be on sonoff. With IR brodlink-controlled and the sensors and actuators may be Xiaomei. And one application can get rid of all the CA-system build on one Xiaomei, they have everything. Leaks from the sensors to the smart vacuum cleaners. So even better.
gilgamesh2 @ 23.01.20, 23:17*
Or is it turns out, one or the other? What else Siegbach or siyaomi - for "affairs" - that is, monitoring sensors, cameras, etc. singnalki and Google home - only to be played, there is only voice Assist, igrunki requests voice to the Internet, and play music from the movies?

Not certainly in that way. GC complements and extends the CA system. Its main task is voice control. Additionally, the ability to control the basic functions of a GC application.

Now I understand, thank you.
But you have to keep all of these applications are always running in the background activity on the phone for the functioning of all this zoo, it turns out? To one native app sobespechivalo work chambers, the second - the sensor, the other for brodlinka, etc.?

I just thought that this people, and buying home hub - that it is always connected to the router and can be controlled by scripts and monitor the activity and performance of cameras, sensors, etc., interfering with the user only in the scheduled cases (send a notice about something) or at the request of the user - for example, I wanted to look at the camera - I launched the app, look, close the application. Is it impossible?

If you can not - a little unclear, why the hub. Just as a microphone + raspoznavalka speech, and he Nichrome can not match?
That is to ensure that all sensors / cameras / notification working, I have enough that 3-5 applications are always running to keep on your phone, it is necessary to still was always online, and they will eat all the traffic all the time? After all, if the hub is not doing anything, and a dedicated server for it does not, then all the "brain" processes and smart home - on your phone?

This is no longer a smart home, and some kind of moron it turns out .... and if a person rides a congestion for several hours, where communication is interrupted, and there can only be a couple of notifications to come, and there is no connection for traffic 3-4 applications? Or memory in the phone lacks, and android something unloaded? Or the phone was discharged, and the owner is in vain waiting for notifications on the computer for the computer, where there is no GC or Mikhoum? Everything, no monitoring? Thieves will be shore in front of the camera, and the smart home is silent, since all resources for processing are in the inaccessible temporary phone?

* gilgamesh2
gilgamesh2 @ 25.01.20, 01:27*
This is not the smart home, and what that moronic turns .... And if a person travels outside the city for several hours, where the connection is interrupted, and there can only come a couple of notifications, and no regard for traffic 3-4 applications?

For example, to control and monitor the Sonoff devices, just a conventional GPRS connection. No "brain" loads phone does not bear. It is only needed to configure or create action scripts from native applications, everything is saved and processed on the manufacturer servers or in the memory of the devices themselves. You can generally disable these applications, and receiving events notifications by EMAIL. The concept of "smart home" includes not only the notification of the user about events, and first of all the reaction to certain events: the leakage sensor worked, the cranes overlapped. I got a thief in the field of view of the camera-turned on the siren. GH is something other. For example, you have devices from different manufacturers and with different controls. TV, air conditioning work on IR, some bulbs and sockets on bluetooth, others on Wi-Fi, sensors are usually on the radio 433 MHz. How did this "zoo" force to work on only one team? Only GC will turn off the TV, will put a house under guard, turn off the light and wishes you a good day if you just say "I'm leaving." GH is not a universal remote "from everything", but just an extra bun, which gives additional opportunities in your UD system.

Rep: (3)
Say, different iron Google Home Max and the same Harman Kardon Citation 100?
Besides the acoustics?
Will there be any problems for managing smart gadgets? Future updates?

Post has been editedVolandd - 28.01.20, 16:32

Rep: (11)
Hello, I want to automate a few things that I often use ... do not know if it can be called smart home .. Hardly. My apartment, not a house. Tasks will be numbered, it was convenient .. It is necessary to voice control or gestures, so you can manage not to look for in this console.

1 - It is necessary to turn on / off lights in any room, while at the same time anywhere.
2 - It is necessary not to buy special lamps, ie, it should work with conventional lights, repairs have already been made, so I can only connect anything to the wires that go to the chandelier or switches...
3 - It is necessary to include Yandeks.Radio, the category of "dance" (or other category).
4 - You must run separate mp3, download to your computer or saved playlist.
5 - It is advisable to carry out a stop, pause, rewind, next track .. when listening to music or watching a movie.
6 - Run TV movie / series / season, located on the hard drive on the media server.
6a - find the movie on the internet, and run it ... I do not have any paid subscriptions (.. That is, search is pirated, such as a voice command to display the results of the desired movie in HD videobox program), and then run it on the number with a voice like Yandex is able station.
7 - call and talk (in this case to be able to adjust the sound)
8 - Run the game on your computer.
9 - Create teams that will perform several actions (scenarios). For example "turn on FiFa in the room" .. System switch on the TV in the room, switched on the right hdmi input, switched on the computer (if it is turned off), and after being booted up the desktop, run the game FiFa.
10 - turning on the computer, the TV, switch to the TV on the dates hdmi, control volume, rewind, pause, play, start a timer to turn off the TV.
11 - say the weather and time.
12 - Turn off the computer (not just snap off the power, and cultural shut down)
13 - run any files on your computer. That is, for each file, I'll record a voice command to start it.
14 - It is very important good sensitivity of microphones .. so that I could distribute them anywhere .. and give commands, from anywhere, quietly, almost in a whisper, so as not to raise your voice (otherwise wish to use the voice commands is lost).
15 - Flexible settings for an assist. I wanted it to look like this .. I can configure the phrase to activate the assistant, then I can configure the sound file, which is played if the assistant recognized the phrase of the activation and now listens to my commands (it is the sound file, and not just a phrase .. so that I can Install just some sound, or generally silence). Next, the assistant listens to my commands and never turns off until I will hear the phrase of deactivation, which I also install .. as soon as it recognizes it, it reproduces the beep again (already different, i.e., the sound of activation and deactivation is different), after What stops listening to my teams. Ideally, I would like to hang indicators in each room .. When the indicator is on the red - the assistant does not listen to my commands (deactivated), when the indicator is lit green - the assistant listens to my commands (activated) if some kind of team recognized mode, it lights up in blue for 2 seconds (thus gave to understand what began to execute the command) and again becomes greine. Such an indicator is useful if the music is played in the room, and the Assistant's Assistant is not heard.
16 - I would like to see the team carried out as quickly as possible, but not so much that said turn on the lights, and wait five seconds.
17 - I would like that there was any interface on android, or windows, which could be run without being at the same house.
18 - to the setting could handle a user without programming skills.

That seems to be everything, if not forgotten anything ... tell me, what is worth paying attention to? Which is better suitable for this, not too expensive. Or at least what kind of system will implement as many of these items as possible, if there is no system that can perform all of the items.

Post has been editedAlexanderSh88 - 31.01.20, 23:55

Rep: (68)
I want to buy Google Home Nest mini for receiverYamaha RX-V485.
1. Will I be able to enable or disable voice receiver?
2. Is able to choose the voice on the internet composition and include them on the receiver?
Thank!

Rep: (0)
Good evening. For the first time onsavagemessiahzine.comIf not to appeal, please do not be angry) Need advice, I want to learn English as a variant of the Google home mini column, or Yandex mini station. Who uses these columns please tell me if I can help with any of the these columns to learn the language? Got video on the Internet, compared them, Google is more pleasant and clearer translation, but I did not understand that there is a firmware and whether the column Google understand me (on a beta version realized, and now not ...) .... ?

Rep: (5)
Approximately, I thought before buying what was useful for studying. But the result is not great, listen more music. In the network you can find all the commands for the column in English and if you repeat the pair of phrases every day, not more. Otherwise, you can say some heard word or phrase in English for example: book-russian, and the column immediately in Russian will translate this phrase or word. Also, the column can serve as a translator if they give her this team to translate the dialogue between the Englishman and Russian-speaking. In addition, it was configured in the Assistant English News Services, then you can listen to the podcasts in English or the book, for this you need to find applications on the phone that is broadcast on the column.

Post has been editedsholdea - 09.04.20, 13:54

Rep: (0)
Help is needed! Bought the google home mini, connected, settings go, came to the update, after the inscription * Say the command ... "but she did not slyshet (and
Already tried to vpn ... Tell me how to start it?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08.01.21, 17:08