TP-LINK Archer A5 - Discussion | [WiFirouter]: 300MB \ S - 866MB \ s | 4x100MB.

Rep: (2)
TP-LINK Archer A5 - discussion
Dual-band Wi-Fi Router: 2.4 GHz (300 Mbps) - 5 GHz (867 Mbps) | 4 • 100 Mbps

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoiler

Description
  • AC1200 dual-band Wi-Fi Router Archer A5
  • 802.11ac Wi-Fi Standard Support
  • Total bandwidth over 1.2 Gbit / s: up to 867 Mbps per 5 GHz and up to 300 Mbps by 2.4 GHz
  • 4 External antennas for stable connection and optimal network coverage
  • Light network management using the Tether application
  • IGMP Proxy support, Most mode and 802.1Q TAG VLAN for IPTV service
  • Support AP mode
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Specifications
Interface
  • 4 LAN ports 10/100 Mbps
  • 1 10/100 Mbps WAN port
Buttons
  • WPS / Reset button
  • WPS / Wi-Fi On / Off Button
  • Power on / off button
External power supply
  • 9V / 0,85A.
Dimensions
  • (SHHDHV) 229,87 x 144,19 x 36.85 mm
Antenna type
  • 4 external antennas

Firmware
Instructions

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedDjeclol - 25.12.20, 00:15
Reason for editing: OpenWRT 19.07.5

Rep: (0)
Hello to all.
I decided to replace my old router, stopped on this model of the router. Put and immediately came across problems.
Connecting a router to a computer, he did not want to let into the Web face. After an hour of discharges, restarts and dances with a tambourine, still allowed to climb (no pattern of reasons did not bring). As soon as I began to enjoy the moves, I came across the next stone: when setting up an Internet connection, an 80002 error dropped out and it is not possible to climb the settings again. It was already able to climb from another device. But again it came across the same problems described earlier.

The last firmware, just in case I downloaded from the off site anew the same, reflash, but did not help.

Does anyone have any ideas what to do?
It is written about the firmware recommendation under DD-WRT, but I do not know how if this is the only way, then pull into the instruction.
Thank.

Killed 2 days to set up, there was a problem so banal, which is ashable.
It was in my provider, which takes the gateway from the LAN IP router. Those. All problems were simply due to the fact that the default router was 192.168.0.1, and not 192.168.1.1, which was necessary.

Post has been editedKopnu - 08.01.20, 14:27

Rep: (30)
Hello everyone, who is advised to acquire this model, and is interested in such a question:
House 2 TVs work through 2 consoles Rostelecom, Router Asus, 2 ports from these consoles are connected to it.
Is it possible to connect TV consoles on this model in 2 ports? I know that not all routers support TV in 2 ports, some maximum 1 allocate the port.

Rep: (90)
Has anyone compared the Archer C50 with Archer A5? I am trying to make a choice and to understand what is the difference, help orient.

Rep: (6)
Svin00 @ 17.01.20, 04:15*
Has anyone compared Archer C50 with Archer A5?

This is the same device - even the firmware is the same

Rep: (3)
* vvs.semenov , not quite the difference in the bandwidth of the router. A5 If I am not mistaken only 300 MB / s via Wi-Fi and C50 867. But I can be wrong. The firmware from these router is also different.

Rep: (56)
Carsteon @ 24.01.20, 14:43*
Not quite the difference in the bandwidth of the router. A5 If I am not mistaken only 300 MB / s via Wi-Fi and C50 867. But I can be wrong. The firmware from these router is also different.

300 This is at a frequency of 2,4GHz at 5GHz 867
Firmware on the manufacturer's site one to one.

Rep: (3)
I found the difference - at the C50 on 5 GHz, the capacity of 1200 MB / s and cost more powerful antenna. That's all.

Rep: (95)
* Carsteon, At Archer A5 the same 1200 are shown on the box, and this is 2.4 (300) +5 GHz (867) cumulatively
There is a box and on the hands. T.K. bought it
Attached Image

And this is a box C50. Same. 300 + 867 type 1200 throughput
Attached Image

And something tells me that they are identical, except that the A5 of the type of Malts is farewell to unnecessaries, such as built-in Yandex.Dns
And C50 is how it is sold, and a5 current a couple of months. Type just Restayl C50

Post has been editedversus_j - 25.01.20, 21:38

And it does not confuse anyone that on the manufacturer's website firmware on both router one and the same;)

I did not compare it, and did not poured into my A5 from C50. Do not confuse :)
By name is not visible in support A5, that it is for C50
Screen from the manufacturer's site
Attached Image

Post has been editedversus_j - 25.01.20, 23:30

Versus_J @ 25.01.20, 23:15*
I did not compare it, and did not stick to my A5 from C50

And I poured and the difference zero - it is even called it is still A5 in the interface, although I downloaded the firmware from the page with the C50 model
In general, the marketers needed a new model - so appeared A5 :)

VVS.semenov @ 01/26/20, 14:01*
In general, the marketers needed a new model - so appeared A5

Well, I said above, like restyling, the same thing in another package

Rep: (19)
Guys, there is one thought about OpenWRT for this device. Because A5 and C50 iron is the same and even stock firmware is interchangeable, then it is possible that this device and OpenWRT will pull out from C50?

Rep: (144)
* A.J.A.X,
And what does it give compared to the stock firmware?

Rep: (19)
* qwert37,
Mode N at 2.4.
And I think the regime of the repeater, which I did not find on the drain on the stock

* A.J.A.X,
I use almost one 5GHz regime, n only mode will not save me, because In the entrance, the dominance of the 2.4 GHz regime in auto mode.

Rep: (0)
IPTV from Rostelecom pulls on stock firmware?

Rep: (206)
A.j.a.x @ 4.02.20, 10:14*
Mode N at 2.4.
And what is it not without a firmware caste? : scratch_one-s_head: I think there is and so

* makskerch0,
Unfortunately in the settings it is missing in solitary mode.

Rep: (206)
QWERT37 @ 05.02.20, 09:35*
Unfortunately in the settings it is missing in solitary mode

Is there a multiple? I think this n regime is quarreled by a machine gun

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 03.01.21, 03:56