TP-LINK Archer A5 - Discussion | [WiFirouter]: 300MB \ S - 866MB \ s | 4x100MB.

Rep: (2)
TP-LINK Archer A5 - discussion
Dual-band Wi-Fi Router: 2.4 GHz (300 Mbps) - 5 GHz (867 Mbps) | 4 • 100 Mbps

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoiler

Description
  • AC1200 dual-band Wi-Fi Router Archer A5
  • 802.11ac Wi-Fi Standard Support
  • Total bandwidth over 1.2 Gbit / s: up to 867 Mbps per 5 GHz and up to 300 Mbps by 2.4 GHz
  • 4 External antennas for stable connection and optimal network coverage
  • Light network management using the Tether application
  • IGMP Proxy support, Most mode and 802.1Q TAG VLAN for IPTV service
  • Support AP mode
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Specifications
Interface
  • 4 LAN ports 10/100 Mbps
  • 1 10/100 Mbps WAN port
Buttons
  • WPS / Reset button
  • WPS / Wi-Fi On / Off Button
  • Power on / off button
External power supply
  • 9V / 0,85A.
Dimensions
  • (SHHDHV) 229,87 x 144,19 x 36.85 mm
Antenna type
  • 4 external antennas

Firmware
Instructions

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedDjeclol - 25.12.20, 00:15
Reason for editing: OpenWRT 19.07.5

Rep: (4)
A.j.a.x @ 07.04.20, 15:44*
Calmly changed the Mac address on WAN

I also did not work Mac changed (my messageTP-LINK Archer A5 - Discussion (post 1976_Alexander # 94544290))
I changed only the value in this line, "up" the native Mac was issued, regardless of the data entered.

Rep: (19)
Guys, I apologize. The bug on changing the poppy address is, who has like ... how lucky can. But I changed. : huh:
Here in the next topic discussedLink

Rep: (144)
Roma256n @ 07.04.2020, 17:08*
Download speed 2 times less unloading speed. Also, the speed in both directions is less than the former router. Dirishy big ping. It can be seen even at the speed of opening the beds on the Internet, the router seems to be "thinking." (see screenshots in my last post)
Also in the interface is noticeable glitch in the form of non-working menu items (statistics and even number of Chegoto)

Is it all the above described on what range of Wi Fi? I have everything connected to 5GHz at home, and in general, no problems are not observed.

Rep: (0)
* qwert37,
QWERT37 @ 07.04.20, 20:22*
Is it all the above described on what range of Wi Fi?

2.4G, 6 channel, 20mhz width, about 2 meters from the router distance. (Beeline Provider Dynamic IP 80 Megabit. WiFi Encryption WPA2)
5G did not even test. Here in the topic they write about frequent dumps, it is believed to believe that it is true.
Maybe this is a damning router caught? (Favorite seller's wave) but I'm not going to attack twice on some rake)

Post has been editedroma256n - 07.04.20, 22:23

Rep: (144)
Roma256n @ 07.04.2020, 22:18*
5G did not even test. Here in the topic they write about frequent dumps, it is believed to believe that it is true.

They were dumps a couple of times per 5GHz, but otherwise the work of 5GHz suits more than, 2.4 range at all I do not use it, so I can't say myself, but I boldly declare 5 bands everything clearly works.

Here I have been testing the stock firmware EN (global) of the region, it is more newer than our Russian stock, even the Bild version is higher - this means that for some regions TP-Link still corrected bugs with Dump 5GHz (I hope). Since on the Russian event, 5GHz fell on 2 times. So here ... Dumps of 2.4 and 5GHz were not found, and it may seem to me, but the router began to beat away - from the neighboring yard 2.4 now calmly catches.
The official application is friendly. The interface is natural in English

Who should be hereLink to the site

So far, all the rules, will be bugs, I will return to OpenWRT: happy:

Here are screenshots of firmware:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedA.J.A.X - 08.04.20, 19:29

Start how to go from the Russian version on EN (Global)

* Geka Kuk,
You can update through the web muzzle. But I sewed through TFTPD. If you need to throw off the file on TFTPD

A.j.a.x and how through a web muzzle can be in detail if it does not make it difficult

* A.J.A.X, Good evening! How is the speed of the last European firmware? I have been using almost a year, but before that it does not notice the dumps of 5 Hz module, until he started playing on the phone. 100 megabit provider (on the cable close to the declared) on the fact on the phone turns into 45 reception / 90 Return by Speedtest and frequent ping failures.
Router Archer 5 V4. Firmware stands stock for 18. On the website of Ukrainian technical support, the last EU firmware has not been updated at all, although RU is much newer. Will the firmware be from the link? And is it fixed in it with speed?

* A.J.A.X,
It is easy to update from the current firmware through the web interface in the Update software tab

Posted on 18.04.2020, 20:27:

* kosya91,
At speed, it is better than the Russian, the firmware must calmly be installed on your device, regardless of the region, the main thing is that the model and version of the device coincide.
Dump 5 GHz in torrents even happened on EU versions, as a result, rolled back to OpenWRT, and I don't know any problems)

Post has been editedA.J.A.X - 18.04.20, 20:29

A.j.a.x @ 19.04.20, 01:24*
In the end, I rolled back to OpenWRT, and I do not know any problems)

And you can link to this firmware?

* Djonid38
You are welcome)
link

Rep: (3)
OpenWRT is just a gorgeous, just that the settings of the sea are so also the range of Wi-Fi in both bands has become much more. There are no dumps from the word completely to the word at all. Although on Euro version, the Internet has fallen stably once every 2-3 days or breakdowns began. The week works without any complaints.

Carsteon @ 24.04.20, 15:11*
Djonid38
You are welcome)

Thank you very much) Tell me, and then really back to official roll back, in the case of a warranty case?)

* Djonid38. , TP-LINK Archer A5 - Discussion (post A.j.a.x. # 94344439)

Below is written how to roll back.

Post has been editedcarsteon - 24.04.20, 11:47
Reason for editing: Edit

For the OpenWRT firmware - sincerely thanks.
The question is - it is standard under C50 (I can look at the OpenWRT update?) Or not?

And I want to say that I still had a minimum of one time. The concrete 1 computer stopped seeing the network for 5 GHz, the remaining 3-4 devices - everything was perfectly seen, I thought the computer broke it - overloaded - checked.
On the router - removed 5 GHz network and re-zero. Overloaded the router and everything is fine.
So I assume that the problem is iron, but the software shoals of the standard firmware are superimposed on it. Maybe overheats, for example, and the opnvent loads less and the probability of failure decreases. :)

IVANENKOA @ 24.04.20, 19:13*
The question is - it is standard under C50 (I can look at the OpenWRT update?) Or not?

It generally from C50 V.4 completely. And updates on C50 are calmly without problems, and on A5, because iron routers are the same 1 in 1

He rummaged in the topic C50, found the update to OpenWRT.Attached fileOpenWRT-19.07.2-Ramips-MT76X8-TPLINK_C50-V4-Squashfs-Sysupgrade.rar(3.84 MB)

Update only from OpenWRT through the web interface !!!
So far I can not say, 2 days work, like the norms. It seems 5 GHz better pierced.

Rep: (94)
* A.J.A.X,
Greetings. I tried to flash on your instruction ....
I do everything step by step I choose in the program 192.168.0.66 I climb the RESET button turn on the router, waiting for the appearance of the "lock" I release the RESET button, the router of a couple of second thinks and turns on in the usual mode of operation ......
At the same time Server Interfeis falls in 127.0.0.1 Sofware.
By LAN you need to connect to the Internet cable or to PC? Although I tried it both (((((
Thanks in advance.
ZY I'm not a handsure)))))

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 03.01.21, 03:50