TP-LINK Archer A5 - Discussion | [WiFirouter]: 300MB \ S - 866MB \ s | 4x100MB.

Rep: (2)
TP-LINK Archer A5 - discussion
Dual-band Wi-Fi Router: 2.4 GHz (300 Mbps) - 5 GHz (867 Mbps) | 4 • 100 Mbps

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoiler

Description
  • AC1200 dual-band Wi-Fi Router Archer A5
  • 802.11ac Wi-Fi Standard Support
  • Total bandwidth over 1.2 Gbit / s: up to 867 Mbps per 5 GHz and up to 300 Mbps by 2.4 GHz
  • 4 External antennas for stable connection and optimal network coverage
  • Light network management using the Tether application
  • IGMP Proxy support, Most mode and 802.1Q TAG VLAN for IPTV service
  • Support AP mode
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Specifications
Interface
  • 4 LAN ports 10/100 Mbps
  • 1 10/100 Mbps WAN port
Buttons
  • WPS / Reset button
  • WPS / Wi-Fi On / Off Button
  • Power on / off button
External power supply
  • 9V / 0,85A.
Dimensions
  • (SHHDHV) 229,87 x 144,19 x 36.85 mm
Antenna type
  • 4 external antennas

Firmware
Instructions

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedDjeclol - 25.12.20, 00:15
Reason for editing: OpenWRT 19.07.5

Rep: (144)
Greetings and what users are not at all?

Rep: (24)
* qwert37,
Greetings! I consider this model for the acquisition, the topic of empty is probably because it works and there are no problems. Do you have a problem with him?

* Tolyn_VS,
Yes No, it's just wondering where the firmware for it is to take except on the offset.

* qwert37, If everything works why to flash?

* Tolyn_VS,
Just on the old 841nd in the Wi Fi settings, it was possible to enable N ONLY mode, here this is not unfortunately.

* qwert37, Yes, this sadness needs to write in those support.
From the art mode of operation Wi-Fi network B / G / N / AC. What is this and how to change in the router settings?
I have long noticed that on TP-Link, depending on the model and firmware, different configurations of the wireless network can be possible. Sometimes, for example, no option "11n Only". And there is only "11BG Mixed", or "11bgn Mixed". What is not very convenient, as it is not possible to set the work in a specific mode to increase the speed.

* Tolyn_VS,
Configuring this mode in the wireless network settings, the AC mode is present only in the settings of the 5GHz wireless network, and in the 2.4 GHz settings, only 11 BG modes are mixed and 11 BGN mixed. On the old 841nd one could set the ABG, BGN and N ONLY modes, the router worked in N ONLY mode. On this occasion, the technical support was called, the developer responds for it, and whether such a regime will be separately, they don't know anything.

* qwert37, May advise the router to allow all modes

* Tolyn_VS,
Do not know what new now, I will hope that I will be custom firmware.

Rep: (0)
And I have a problem with a 5G network. On two phones Xiaomi network hangs after a few minutes of watching the video on YouTube. On Redmi Note 4x can work from a few minutes to (occasionally) a couple of hours. But on REDMI 4 Pro freezes faster. I do not observe regularities. If you turn off your fi on the smartphone, and then connect it again, the network again appears for a while. The son has already stopped using the 5 GHz network (tortured with constant reconnect). Phones in the area of ​​the line visibility at a distance of several meters. The firmware on the router is the last. Changed already and modes (A / N / AC), and channels, and network security settings, disconnected WPS. Nothing helps. You can send to the service, but doubt that the router is faulty, since the network is kept on one phone longer, and much less on the other. Other devices that would support AC mode (5 GHz) No. Can someone tell me where else to kill?

* $ erdgio
I use the 5GHz network on MI MAX and MI MAX 2 phones, I have never noticed such symptoms, there is a laptop with a Chinese USB whistle, too, 5GHz and with it any problems. There are one thing. There is one thing. 2.4 GHz I also use for other devices. But on all devices with support 5GHz did not even log in to the network of 2.4 GHz, try to remove the connection to the 2.4 GHz network on the smart.

OK. I'll try.

* $ erdgio
If it does not help then take the warranty.
Now Mi Box S is going to me, I want to drive it on WiFi, that will be a joke if this garbage will come out on it.

* qwert37,
It is rather strange. The 5 GHz network earned without failures when the WEP encryption type is selected in the security settings of the wireless network. Prior to that I changed WPA2-PSK on WPA-PSK, but to no avail. So, with WEP encryption, the hanging was disappeared, but the speed fell about ten times than with WPA2-PSK encryption and approximately five times !!! than in a 2.4 GHz network. Changed the width of the canal, but the speed has not changed. I had to return to WPA2-PSK encryption and, accordingly, network hangs. It is not clear whom to blame, router or mobile devices.

* $ erdgio
I have this settings WPA2
Attached Image

Password I just temporarily deleted.

* qwert37,
I also have such, but alas ...

* $ erdgio
And tried to remove the 2.4 network at all in the phone? Leave only 5 GHz?

* qwert37,
I tried. Unfortunately the result is the same.

* $ erdgio
Well, if there is a guarantee then, give the store with an explanation of the cause. And she is good.

Rep: (13)
QWERT37 @ 12.11.19, 20:34*
Now I'm going to Mi Box S, I want to drive it on WiFi

Unlous about the result as you drive

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 03.01.21, 03:49