> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Archive Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (pro) - Discussion | Smartphone 5.99 "

Rep: (623)
ARCHIVE

Discussion ArchiveXiaomi Redmi Note 5 (pro)
PictureXiaomi Redmi Note 5 (in India - Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro)
whyred

Description | Discussion пїЅ

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Specifications
  • Battery: 4000mAh (typ) / 3900mAh (min), non-removable 5V / 2A, QC2.0 lithium-ion polymer, QC 3.0
  • Processor: Snapdragon 636 14nm FinFET; Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260 CPU
  • Graphics processor: Adreno 509 GPU
  • RAM / ROM Memory:
    [attachment = "13499812: Memory.png"]
  • RAM Memory: LPDDR4X
  • Memory ROM: eMMC 5.1 Flash
  • Expandable flash memory up to 128 Gb(hybrid slot - or a memory card, or a second SIM)
  • Cameras:
    [attachment = "13499814: Cameras.png"]
  • Display: 18: 9 Full screen display 15.2 cm (5.9 "), 2160 Г— 1080 FHD +, 403 PPI
  • Back cover: metal. Front: 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
  • Mobile networks: 4G Dual SIM VoLTE support
  • Network ranges:
    [attachment = "13499815: Frequencies.png"]
  • Dimensions: B-158.6 Г— W-75.4 Г— T-8.05 mm
  • Weight: 181 g.
  • SIM: Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM or Nano-SIM + Micro SD card.
    When using two SIM cards simultaneously, the primary SIM can support 4G + / 4G / 3G / 2G calls and data transfer. The second SIM can only support 3G calls.
  • Bluetooth 5.0, Bluetooth HID
  • Wi-Fi Display, Wi-Fi Direct
  • 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz WIFI
  • Sensors: Electronic compass, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Infrared, Ambient light sensor, Gyroscope, Hall sensor
  • Navigation: GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, BeiDou positioning
  • SAR for India: SAR 1g limit: 1.6W / Kg; SAR Head: 1.188 W / Kg; SAR Body: 0.334 W / Kg (distance 15mm)
  • Set: mobile phone, network adapter (without QC support ), USB 2.0 cable, warranty card, instruction, SIM tray clip, slim case.
  • Body colors:
    Black front panel only for models in black, the rest - white.
    [attachment = "13499813: Colors.png"]
    UPD : c 26.06.2018 the fiery red version of the Chinese version , with the front panel as black and white.
Specifications on the official website:
Global version:http://www.mi.com/my/redmi-note-5/specs/
Chinese version:http://www.mi.com/redminote5/specs/
Indian version:http://www.mi.com/in/redmi-note-5-pro/specs/
Photo
[attachment = "12582400: 12277813.png"] [attachment = "12582403: 12193682.jpg"]

Reviews
USEFUL / INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Bootloader unlocking
  2. Archive of useful from uv MadMixture
  3. Random over stuffing in sabzh
  4. Live device photos + unpacking
  5. Screenshots of the item "About the device" and the result of Antutu
  6. Checking the phone for originality
  7. Fix to increase the width of the channelWiFi from 20Mhz to 40Mhz
  8. Double Beep SolutionWhatsapp
  9. howsave number in contacts phone in the memory of the device itself
  10. How does it worksynchronization with a Mi-account (useful for newbies on MIUI)
  11. Disable advertising without ROOT access
  12. How to enter the settings if they do not open
  13. Face ID (Unlock Face)
  14. Why is missingface unlock
  15. Information about the Leaks (leakcanary) icon | Addition
  16. The operation of the device in the Wi-Fi repeater mode
  17. Setting and using SIP-telephony Option 1 | Option 2 + Addition + 1 more addition to sip telephony
  18. How to make the effect of scrolling desktop wallpaper
  19. X home bar - alternative to gestures and on-screen buttons
  20. Fixed increase channel width40 MHz Wi-Fi without Root
  21. How to change fonts on MIUI 10 without changing the region
  22. The easiest way toremove ads
  23. Disconnect methodadvertising
  24. solving a problem withresidual image + Another option
  25. How to make sure that Google is not updated in the Play Store
  26. If athe sound disappears when switching to speaker
  27. CustomizationVolte Tele2 operator
  28. VoLte operator Yota
  29. WiFi calling
  30. Topic on the forum aboutVolte
  31. Setup Instructions4G to receive incoming calls on the example of the operator Megaphone + Addition + Why I don't have 4G network members
  32. Solving the problem withproximity sensor (the screen blinks during the conversation, after it does not light up)
  33. Lowering the firmware version from 8.1 to 7.X (from ARB4 to ARB3) with a closed bootloader via MiFlash without scaling
  34. If aInternet disappears while being online mob. operator. Solution options + Another option + More + Crutch for android 9, need root - Theory
  35. LTE frequency checkroot
  36. Removing embedded applications without root on a locked bootloader + Simplest wayuninstall applications without root on MIUI 10
  37. the percentage of charge next to the battery on MIUI 10.2.1.0 + Another option with battery percentage
  38. Small on-screen buttons on firmware 10.2.1.0
  39. If in the section "system update" the item of file selection for firmware disappeared
  40. How to disableswipe browser up and return google? + Detailed instruction + Another option + Disable swipe search
  41. "One-handed operation"
    in the mode "Full-screen gestures"

42. How to remove the overheating message after updating to 10.2.1.0.
  43. Returntorch on the lock screen
  44. Stopped workingautoturn - Decision
  45. How can I get the phone to see the hard disk byOTG in NTFS format
  46. Removeupdate notification in the status bar + Supplement for 10.3.1.0 + More options
  47. Domore smoothly interface
  48. If aWi-Fi falls off
  49. Not supportedInstagramm
  50. FixTTL(bypass distribution limit)
  51. Creation Instructionsbackup
  52. MIUI 10 Optimization (disabling advertising and unnecessary applications, optimizing battery and RAM)
  53. How does custom recovery affect OTA updates
  54. How to configure the function"picture in picture" + Features of the function on the 9th Android + Option to stock. YouTube + Another option
  55. How to configure the functionsmart case .
  56. Quick Charge 3.0 Support Information (fast charge )
  57. Application list which can be removed / frozen
  58. Connect byBluetooth to tape recorders
  59. Setting auto brightness on the 9th android. + Still
  60. Changes toandroid 9
  61. The Dark Theme in Mi Explorer
  62. To raisespeaker volume need root access + Another method.
  63. Fix save to flash drive
  64. Supposedzhor battery after updating to android 9
  65. Network tuning one tap . + Widget + Instructions for forced changenetwork mode(approx. 4G / 3G only)
  66. Wireless connection toTv + Video instruction
  67. Withcall completion is published loud noise through multimedia speaker.
  68. What they say about the latest update MIUI 10.3.1.0, Android 9 Read from this POST and further.

Past Survey Results
[attachment = "13553516: Screenshot_2018-08-09-19-46-50-030_en.fourpda.client.png"]
[attachment = "13817121: survey results.jpg"]
[attachment = "13908842: _________________ 09/20/2018.jpg"]
[attachment = "13915335: __________________ 09/21/2018.jpg"]
[attachment = "13968400: __________________ 09/27/2018 .jpg"]
[attachment = "14028925: poll 04.10.2018.jpg"]
[attachment = "14039985: __________________ 10/05/2018.jpg"]
[attachment = "14826598: _______________________________________. png"]
[attachment = "15759559: IMG_20190323_212724.jpg"]
[attachment = "15994914: Screenshot_2019-04-15-15-16-16-29-358_en.fourpda.client.png"]

Important: We recommend to check your smartphone for the absence of a bug with sticking frequencies.
Learn more about the bug, how to detect it and how to inform developers about it.
in this post.

>>Mini FAQ <<

Post has been editedLexx808 - 15.08.19, 09:35
Reason for editing: Edit

Rep: (84)
How is pubg answer and showhereAbout any ultra speech is not maximumHighif you are willing to troll. Well, then all sorts of video games look;)

Rep: (803)
spear method and logic dugsecret(Anymore) page on the siteXiaomiIndonesia

In the menu of the website and links out there on this page yet.Picking shorter by analogy with other devices. Hidden away. It was necessary to more site yesterday wool ....

Official specs: http://mobile.mi.com/id/redmi-note-5/#specs
Hooray!

According to the camera and processor like the same Chinese version
Attached Image

Three Colors: Black, Gold and Blue Lake
Attached Image

Only two versions of 3/32 and 4/64 memory. MicroSD support up to 128 GB
Attached Image

The battery is the same - 3900/4000. There QC 2.0. But its standard memory in the course again not supported
Attached Image

There LTE 7, 20 and 38 Band. What you need to me personally and to many in Russia
[
Attached Image
]

Dual-band 2.4 / 5 GHz Wi-Fi AC and Bluetooth 5.0. The infrared port is also like there
Attached Image

Contents: smartphone, cover, manual, cable, sim injector and likely memory with euro
Attached Image

20 and 38 Band there !!! So most likely this is theGlobal version.
And then there are all sitting and waiting for something and miss. Gee ....

Picture

Post has been editedCrazyzyman - 18.04.18, 21:12
Reason for editing: In the header

Rep: (-2)
* Alex Zaguzin Add pliz when sales begin, if there's not noticed litter!

!
Ignoring moderator warning. RO - day.

Rep: (9)
Seen today in the shop "MI" in Yekaterinburg, ran up to me Consultant: Do you know anything tell? And I said to him: Tell me when redmi note 5 goes on sale with globalkoy?
P: Duck has long been sold, but the current in India. They also have a globalkoy.
I: And the fact that for different cameras announced? And the trouble? And in Russia when the sales start? You have in store?
P:...
And I went to other buyers
: D

!
Ignoring moderator warning. RO - day.

Rep: (1484)
Lord's owners of the Chinese version, and behaves as a screen in the sun? As far as readability and whether Auto-Brightness twitches?

Rep: (97)
* sosed.68,
Problems in the sun and did not see much in the dark, odd bright

Rep: (767)
anton161161 @ 20.04.18, 17:50*
in the dark Thu strongly bright

The brightness of the auto, or manually at 0%? If the latter, then I such bodies nafig not need ...

Rep: (102)
* fail_unsafe
Yes, just as it is the brightness as well as note 4x +/-, only the maximum bit brighter.
Yet unlike the Note 4 is "floating" or the brightness of the proper adaptive? Shorter Note 4x expose Auto-Brightness and Brightness slider to a certain level, and the brighter will be gone, and here when the brightness adjustment slider runs across the entire range, so convenient for me, especially on the street. Well, it's more than chip firmware this model, although xs.

Post has been editedhospital - 20.04.18, 18:16

Rep: (42)
* hospital,
Something I still can not understand.
At minimum brightness at night is not comfortable?

Rep: (102)
* ! Nesquik !,
Comfortable, have a mode of "reading", well, it's probably all miui
I even add (the minimum) a little brightness in the dark.

Post has been editedhospital - 20.04.18, 18:41
Reason for editing: Completed

Rep: (90)
* ! Nesquik! Yes, you understand everything correctly. Like even from the beginning of the application is installed "mi remote", if not, it's not a problem to download it from google play

Rep: (180)
The official method of unlocking the bootloader / Unlock Bootloader

Hello Here is a detailed guide to unlock the bootloader, taken from xda translation google, myself know how unlock but here in great detail how to unlock written within 5-10 minutes and wait for 3 or 14 days can someone help

Instruction
Hello everyone, This is a guide on how to unlock the bootloader on your Redmi Note 5 pro I have a video that is attached to the same process in the end. I'm going to summarize the whole process here. Let's start. Caution: - Reserve ALL data on your phone somewhere and try this method at your own risk.

1)
Go to the page http://en.miui.com/unlock To get permission to unlock MIU account. Use an account based on the mobile number and not an account with the email ID. Then you will be greeted form. Fill in your details and write why you want to unlock the bootloader on your phone. Try to be as authentic as possible, as they might otherwise just reject your application. After you submit the application, it may take several hours or days, and they will notify you via SMS, which states that your account is ready to be unlocked

2) Go to the same unlocked link en.miui.com/unlock, and this time, they will provide a link to download MiFlash tool. Download the zip-file, unzip it. First, install the driver MI, right-click the file and run it as an administrator.

3) Now on your Redmi Note Pro 5 enable the developer options. You can do this by clicking the "Settings">"About phone">"Touch version of MIUI 7-8 times. Then you can access the Developer settings by selecting "Settings">"Additional settings">"Developer options." Now log in to your account MIUI (the same that was used previously), but also put the SIM-card with the same number from which you installed the MIUI identifier. Now you need to use a VPN to switch to China servers. You can do this with or PlexVPN I found it a VPN app on some forums that I downloaded from the message. If you are using the latest application, select china Line 2 on the server and click connect.

4) Once it is connected, go to "Settings">"Additional settings">"Developer options," check the box В«OEM Unlock OptionВ», then go to the "Status of the unlock" here, select "Add account and device." It will tie the device to your account. Now, make a backup copy of all your data and turn off your phone.

5) On a PC, right-click on MiFlash tool, run it as an administrator. Fill out your account details. Tool verifies whether you have permission or not. If all goes well, it will give you instructions on how to connect your phone in fastboot mode. Therefore, press the volume button + Power button on your phone until you see the screen fast loading. Now the tool will ask for your permission to provide them, and Voila! Within 5 minutes he has to unlock the bootloader on the Redmi Note 5 Pro. It so happens that, you may get a message about attempting through 360, or 72 hours. Therefore, you have to wait. Personally, I got this error on my account with the email ID, but it worked well with my account on mobile phones

Original source

Advice and help for beginners

What are the reasons specified when unlocking? - Tell me you're not in China, you do not understand the language, and just want a global firmware, sometimes I have a reason for getting the unlock root and not the official firmware but always gave permission to unlock. But it is better not to speak about the Root and custom

And razbolokirovanym bootloader can be updated over the air to put? yes you can, but with locked bootloader butlup

Without unlocking the bootloader can not install globalku, rekaveri, custom and get the Root access ...

Maybe soon to be and is not an official version of the release, but it is necessary to dismantle the phone and close the pointTestpoint and the transfer mode Edl . I advise you to wait for 3 or 14 days to get permission offitsialno unlock the device.
details aboutTESTPOINT How to restore a full brick and how to flash or restore a brick without losing data on a locked devayse HERE in English ( Google translate to help)

DO NOT FORGET once login and password account, MI And then after a reset of devaysa rekaveri are serious problems and

Attention owners of the Chinese version of the phone !!!
At a closed firmware loader Global sew different output IMPOSSIBLE get Bootloop (brick)!
Flash only firmware CHINA

Again...
Globalku set can ONLY after unlocking bootloaders

Ask in the QMS if you have questions

Picture

Post has been editedNorashennorashen - 18.06.18, 21:25
Reason for editing: In the header

Rep: (73)
MadMixture @ 2.05.18, 12:58*
put on rabstol and curtain this program: Screen Off and Lock
it makes your password to enter, finger not razblokiruesh

Rep: (475)
Friends! Powered unlock method using two accounts, it is not necessary to wait 360 hours!
Unlock without waiting

Unlocking bootloaders Xiaomi (Post Yozhhhh # 72906596)

Post has been editedRollygan - 03.05.18, 11:30

Rep: (7)
I got my phone, reached quickly within 10 days, ordered 4/64 gold, but gold was not sent black. The box was sealed, opened, everything seems in order, Insert sim card, turn on, and the screen Chinese menu invites enter the pattern, or password. I wrote seller, sitting, waiting for an answer. I do not know what to do. Maybe someone will tell.
Attached Image

Rep: (3)
Found in the Developers settings (you can choose aptX codec)
Attached Image

Processor that supports many said that he was not

Method does not work
Working method:Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Pro) - Modification and decorations (Post zound # 73637175)

Post has been editedValnes - 13.06.18, 11:57

Rep: (2192)
M
Remind everyoneRules section "Android - Devices"
3.1. It is forbidden to discuss issues on which profile topics are created in the relevant sections and links to these topics are present in the topic navigator.
Buying a device is discussed in the topic.Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro - Purchase The camera in the topic Discussion camera Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Pro)
Offtop deleted.

Rep: (5)
Earpiece sound is very loud, clear and high quality, it is very important to me, because at thinking work is connected with frequent calls, weekly firmware 8.5.3 globalka Chinese. Mi note 3 was quieter sound, mi mix 2 was there any sound floated one call loudly, quietly 2, plus 5 redmi happened at all hoarse frequently. There are no problems, loudly, clearly, and in hybrid headphones also super loud, the number, the bassist. It all depends on the firmware on globalke where there are cut Russian sound in the headphones and can still that. Do not wait to globalke super sound, put xiaomi eu, multirom

Posted 05/11/2018, 5:15:

I had a lot xiaomi and earpiece Redmi Note 5 super like wearing headphones, the version I have 4/64 Asian, bought with a warranty in Kiev for a year.

Rep: (0)
Which to choose ?
Attached Image

Rep: (1059)
M
* katya_acid , Post and answer moved to the topic Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro - Marriage and Repair

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 14/07/20, 11:36