Local Area Network - discussion | [Other] Connection methods, errors and so on.

Rep: (889)
The local network
We discuss ways to connect, error, and so on.

Attached Image

general information
The local network (LAN, Local Area Network) - a computer network that allows multiple computers (offices, apartments, houses, areas) to connect to the Internet through a single point of access. Common access point can act as modems, routers, switches, network adapters. Accordingly, the local network can be constructed by Ethernet (wired LAN) or Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPRS (wireless).

Useful links:

Post has been editedDetroux - 18.06.19, 19:33

Rep: (0)
Good day. Can you help with this question: in an apartment held 1 ethernet cable from the router to MGTS common corridor; in the same apartment is 2 wires from the corridor: 1 bedroom and 1 in the living room. Currently wire from a router connected to a wire leading to a router in the living room. Can I connect a wound in flat ethernet cable simultaneously to the 2 others going through the apartment to modems?
If you cope with my problem, I repay translation

Post has been editedPutinvolodkakaka - 24.09.19, 18:57
Reason for editing: Ochepyatka and addition

Rep: (15)
Putinvolodkakaka @ 24.09.19, 18:55*
Currently wire from a router connected to a wire leading to a router in the living room. Can I connect a wound in flat ethernet cable simultaneously to the 2 others going through the apartment to modems?

It is not clear what kind of modems and routers are behind a router MGTS. In the apartment were several providers with other modems and routers? Or simply "modem" and "router" to call an ordinary switch, also known as a switch? In the latter case, of course you can - simply put one more switch to plugging all the cables and they all form a single L2 segment as if all connected devices are connected to one big switch.

Hello!
Such a question to the spices.
Do in a new thorough repaired, I want to hold the cable to the 3 TVs, 1 PC, 1 Playstation.
Provider Turns COOP Internet, connect rate 500mbs.
Which take the cable so as not to lose speed for wiring in the apartment?
5e, 6, 6a?
Are there any more nuances in the construction of your home network?

Hello, I faced with such a problem that the Internet is already six months to a number of bursts. Every 1-2 minutes (or if traffic more often) there is a break on the router goes out light bulb in front of the wires connected to the PC. Support Beeline threw a router settings, but it does not help. A week later I call them again, talking about the fact that these gaps will cease November 14 (Let me remind you, tears come from April, ie more than six months), etc. etc. they are something they are watching, and they did to solve it at the moment can not.

The wire that goes from the computer to the router, I changed, thinking that a problem in it. I updated firmware on the router. Nothing changed.
According to my judgment there are 2 reasons for breaks:
1) The router is quite old, it is about 6-7 years and he or power supply from it just broke.
2) the breaks were like a couple of weeks after the assembly of a new PC, maybe something with the motherboard (ASROCK R320-DV5 R3.0), the firmware should it last, and besides the problems with the internet there is nothing.

Wi-Fi and a TV from the same router works fine, no complaints. How can I be with the router, and a lazy tech support?

P.S. Router - Smartbox Beeline

Post has been editedIvan_CrUZ - 14.11.19, 19:08

Rep: (98)
Zaar1 @ 14.11.19, 10:43*
5e, 6, 6a?

5e copper will be enough. Before 2.5GBase-T.
Are there any more nuances in the construction of your home network?

Wi-fi is? If yes - then dissolve under her network.

Rep: (223)
* Ivan_CrUZ,
Connect your computer to another port of the router, check / replace the known-good power supply, connect another router instead of your check for the same conditions. Something like that, from the simple to the complex.

Rep: (-1)
Provider Turns COOP Internet, connect rate 500mbs.
Which take the cable so as not to lose speed for wiring in the apartment?

There probably is not a question cables, and in which the equipment will be at the ends of these cables. I have not seen television sets and other home appliances in which copper has something more than a gigabit. 5E-quality enough for the eyes. Another thing is the router which will be coming all the cables including the up link, should be able to digest these speeds.

Hello. I have a question. Not the first day of fighting.
There is a computer directly via a USB connected printer (OS: windows 10). Willing through another computer (windows 7) connect via LAN to that printer, but does not work.
Another printer on this computer, he sees and works.
How can I solve the problem?

Post has been editedWolf_nurik - 30.06.20, 18:18

Rep: (252)
Is it possible to distribute the Internet from one computer to the other? Ie on your computer is set up to vpn adapter Wirth who want rasshiarit others, all connected to the same network. If u register this computer as the default gateway

Post has been editedbega277 - 14.10.20, 22:01

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 24/10/20, 20:41