> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Catalog of Android programs

AlReaderX | Functional program for reading

Rep: (2932)
AlReaderX
Version: 0.77
Last update of the program in the header:18.12.2020
Attached Image
Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Short description:
Readingtextformats with the ability to edit typos in FB2, HTML and TXT.

Description:
AlReaderX - this is a new version of the famous reader AlReader for Android and Windows (Win32).
Development stage: Beta version. Testing. Debugging.

Minimum system requirements:
  • Android 4.2+ ( 4.4+ If you are not lucky) - full functionality.
  • Android 4.0.3+ - assembly with limited functionality (eg, no skins). Cm. here .
  • Win32 version - Windows xp .
Russian interface: Yes.
Developer: Neverland
License: Free for home use.
Homepage: http://alreader.com
Google Play: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.neverland.alreaderext

Topic of this branch. Basic Agreement.
  • This thread is primarily devoted to testing and finding bugs. , as well as discussing various aspects designed to improve the quality of the product.
  • The program is being actively developed, but still far from the release. Not everything planned is already implemented.
  • Welcome suggestions for expanding the functionality. Butfinal decisionatanywaysaccepts the author of the programAlan .
  • Question:"When?" - Is offtopic, a sign of bad taste and disrespect to the developer's work! A couple of words from the developer
  • pay attention torecommendations for the evaluation of posts.

Basic Agreement of my cooperation with the testers' (the developer).

1. If you do not like anything else in this agreement, then you are in good conscience can leave messages about bugs you found with him, together with comments like that and when I have to do.
  2. The program is developed according to my ideas of how it should look and function. The extent to which I listen to your advice and wishes, depends on each individual situation and is not a constant value over time.
  3. In my opinion, the main return that beta tester receives is the opportunity to influence my solutions in favor of a more convenient functionality test and a lifting of the final product. Hope to any other result of your personal product testing is in vain. I will not "fuck and cherish" for the fact that during the use of this product, it was not too lazy to send me a bug report or throw me a problem file to mail. I'll just say thank you and I will try to fix the bugs. 100% read your wishes. Everything else is not guaranteed and not meant.
  4. Any phrases about the need to adopt such a solution, reasoned commercial use - not included. Commercial sale of this product does not apply to users. Nothing. If you have a question which, as it seems, does not fall under this condition and yet, in your opinion, it is of practical value - there are private messages. They are specifically for this and made.
  5. Note that any of your innovation, I probably meet very wary. The reason is simple - I do not want the conversion of the program into a monster who does everything and sometimes allows you to read books. I want to make a program, equipped with only the most essential and useful features for reading books. The usefulness and necessity, eventually appreciate me and only me. You can only express an opinion, I'll read is guaranteed.
  6. Item number duplicating previous cumulative:
    1. I do not owe anything to anyone. I not owed. And I will not have to.
    2. I do not consider myself someone that's got to. (Say "thank you" out loud, that is offline, if you are anything like it in any particular implementation or at all, I do not feel an obligation, it's just polite.)
  7. This program is done for my entertainment, not more. Therefore, participate in the discussion only if and while you are interested, no more and no longer. Nobody pulls you here by force, do not shoulder the burden.

Thank you for the possible / real participation in the testing.

Description. Read before you write in the subject line!

Attention!
  • The program is under development. Therefore, not all the features stated below already implemented:
    * - not yet implemented.
    ** - partially implemented.
  • The list below shows the status of development for Android.
    Win32 version will have the same functionality. But the implementation of specific features usually occurs much later than on Android.

Program features:
  • Compatibility with Android 4.2 + [/ b] (or4.4+ if not lucky); Windows XP +.
  • Support Onyx Boox devices with E-Ink.Please check!
  • Formats fb2, fb3, fbz, txt, html, rtf, odt, doc, docx, epub (without DRM), mobi, prc (PalmDoc), pdb, azw, azw3, cbr, cbz, acbf, maff, rst, md.
  • Opening files packed in ZIP and RAR archives.
  • Support for viewing tables in FB2, MOBI, EPUB and DOCX.
  • Fine-tuning of the book through the CSS display styles (except for docx and odt).
  • Edit FB2, HTML, and TXT files.
  • Two color profiles Day / Night
  • One- and two-page mode with automatic switching.
  • Beautiful animation paging.
  • Setting the status bar and footer elements for windowed and fullscreen modes.
  • Support for displaying footnotes on the page and as a pop-up window.
  • Horizontal and vertical alignment of text on the screen.
  • "Hanging" punctuation.
  • Sections from a new page.
  • Transitions in the text - percentages, pages.
  • Content.
  • Fixing the rotation of the screen.
  • Support for skins with a choice of one-and two-page options.
  • Creating shortcuts for the book on the home screen.
  • The ability to hold the screen backlight.
  • Correct translations for 20 languages.
  • Background clock under the text.
  • Sync read positionAndroid<->Android, Android<->WindowsandWindows<->Windows. ** (implementedAndroid<->Android)
  • 9 tap-zones for short and long tapas, gestures, gestures with two fingers, resizing text with a double-finger pinch, assigning actions to buttons.** ( The list of commands may be supplemented / modified as functions are implemented. )
  • Multilingual interface.* (So ​​far only Russian)
  • Support network for biblotek OPDS protocol.*
  • Text Sound TTS.*
  • Work with dictionaries.Presently:
    • Confirmed to work withGoldenDict , ColorDict , Dictan , Aard 2 , Lingvo , HedgeDict and Fora dictionary
    • Not confirmed work with FreeDictionary , Quick / Onyx Dictionary .

CSS, Skins, Advanced Settings, Old assembly, etc.

CFAQ. Advice. Read before you write in the subject line!

Attention!
  • Huge request to all - with any request (in the case of adding functionality) just add why, in fact, it should be.
  • AlReaderX on Google Play
    • Starting with version0.5.2005011 AlReaderX laid out in Google play and it has a new signature. For Android is considered the "other" application and, therefore, placed in parallel to the "old".
      The "new" version of the "lost" early list opens the book!
      to moveSettings from the "old" assemblies that need to unload both of AlReaderX, and then copy the files alrext.ini and alrext.int
      [Folder~ / Android / data / com.neverland.alan.alreaderx / files /
      to folder~ / Android / data / com.neverland.alreaderx / files /
      See detailshereandhere.
      The latest version of the old signature: Ver.0.5.2004275.

• According to the logs of the Market, there are two problems. whetherat the opening of the dialogue content and settings, either on the screen when you turn open these dialogues . Suddenly someone here again ...

Tips
  • In the dialogues (windows) "Search" and "Content"long tap ( longtap ) On any line search results / at the point of detention It makes dialogue translucent.
  • On the menu:Tap Exit button - "turns off" the program, and longtap on it - completely unloads the program from memory.
  • To edit a filealrext.ini or file * .css in editor, you need to open the "Settings" window, and 5 times tap on the middle of the bottom bar (where the version number). In the dialog that opens, select the desired file. After confirmation, the program will close automatically changes.

FAQ:
  1. How to open a book on Windows? The program was opened - a white screen, nothing works.
    Books open until only through third-party file manager such as Windows Explorer or Total Commander (Explorer) Drag (Drag & Drop) file in AlReaderX window.
  2. How to call the "Menu", if you reassign the "default" call tapom in the center of the screen?
    There is an "unchangeable" gesture to call the menu: horizontal svaypfrom left to rightbyleftthe edge of the screen. Start to pull from the very edge of the screen.
  3. Why is there no Chinese / Swahili interface?
    Localization will be in the release, now there are a lot and often changes and new functionality is added.
  4. Are skins supported?
    Yes. For instructions and ready-made skins, see."CSS, Skins, Advanced Settings." -> "Skins" .
  5. Are CSS (cascading style sheets) supported?
    Yes (exceptdocx and odt ). For instructions, see. Section "CSS, Skins, Advanced Settings." -> "CSS" .
    FormatsdocxandodtCSSnot support. These are analogues doc with their styles.
  6. How to add my fonts?
    AlReaderX It can be used as a system, and "own" fonts. To add your fonts, put them in a folder Fonts or fonts on "Internal Memory" or at "Outside the map" . If this folder does not exist, create it.
    On Windows TTF fonts must be in a subdirectory/ assets.
  7. Where is the configuration file located?
    Configuration filealrext.ini located in the folder:
    ~ / Android / data / com.neverland.alreaderext / files /
    (ForWindows version it lies in the folder with the program itself.)
  8. Are * .ini configuration files compatible between Android and Windows versions?
    Yes compatible!* They can be used cross-platform: for example, configure on Windows and transfer to Android.
    * The "Advanced Settings" section describes some parameters related to only one of the platforms.
  9. Do you plan to implement support for TTS engines?
    Yes. But not in the near future.
  10. How to create a bookmark on the "Home Screen" of the device?
    In section "Settings " -> " Controls "assign event "Add Shortcut" to some "gesture". for example "Two Finger Swipe Up" .
  11. a. Is the mouse supported in the Android version?
    • Yes . Through OTG cable.
      Left button:Thap, longtap and text selection after longtap.
      Right button:Tap anywhere - call the menu. Longtap - the output of their program.
      Also work "one-finger scrolls": paging, brightness, etc.
    b. Do you support the stylus on the Android version?
    • Yes. Standard stylus behaves the same as the "finger".
      Specific functions of the Samsung stylus, etc. NOT supported.
  12. How to set the display of two pages in the horizontal orientation of the screen?
    Default settingSettings ->Page ->Number of column set to " Auto ". At the same time, 2 pages in the landscape are displayed only when the ratio of the font size to the page width is less than a certain value.
    Forced display of 2 pages is done by settingNumber of column at " Two in landscape ".
  13. As a "roll back" program to an earlier version / build?
    The "old" version / assembly is not installed on the "new"! Those. program must be reinstalled!
    That the settings are saved during the rollback:
    1. Make a backup folder ~ / Android / data / com.neverland.alreaderext / files / .
    2. Remove AlReaderX.
    3. Set the "early" assembly.
    4. Refit the backup of claim 1

14. Do you plan to support formats pdf, DJVU?
    The plans are, but in the very, very last thing and if they themselves do not change plans. Both formats - do not belong to literature.
  15. Why is the page number does not always change with each swipe? / Why is the number of pages does not match the paper version of the book?
    In AlReaderX "page" is considered to be a certain number of characters; what kind - can be customized:"Settings ->Page ->Virtual page size ". The amount of text that is placed at the moment on the screen depends on the font size, margins, presence of pictures and other things. Other pagination logic is not planned.
    Recommended character value to "virtual page"Is set to"Auto". At the same time the number of pages will be dynamically recalculated based on the number of characters thatAt the momentvisible on the screen.
    When you change, for example, the font size ( "pinch"), will occur automatically recalculate the number of pages (and thus the current page number). If you need "absolute binding", choose one of the constant values ​​(eg 1024 characters).
    But then do not ask children questions:"Why sometimes when scrolling the page number does not change (or jumps over one)?"

16. How to transfer settings from one device to another?
    With the device on the device you want to transfer the configuration filealrext.ini Buyout is in the folder:
    ~ / Android / data / com.neverland.alreaderext / files /
    Attention! Need carry only one file " alrext.ini "And in any case file" alrext.int "Buyout is in the same folder.
  17. Library scan in a separate directory, rather than all available "drives"?
    CallMenu (Tap on the center) ->Tapnut on the icon "Open book" (First down) -> "Open file" and move to a folder -> "Three dots" (on right) -> "Scan directory" .
  18. How to handle the file aliases?
    aliases filealiases.utf8.txt for AlReaderX Rural location in the folder /sdcard/Android/data/com.neverland.alreaderext/files/assets/ .
    The syntax is describedhere.
  19. Both financially reward a developer?
    On the home pagehttp://alreader.com/There is information about Donati.
  20. Will the search function in the program settings?
    . See here:AlReaderx (post alan)

How to describe the problem or bug:
Upon detection of a problem (bug)you need to describe them in as much detail as possible:
Your actions ->Expected Result ->Observed result.
Bugreport can be posted in this thread or sent to the developer byQMS or mail: [email protected] or [email protected] .
Thus nebhodimo specify:
  1. Build number. It figures to the lower panel Settings windows (Or attach a screenshot of the window).
    *If it makes sense:
  2. Log. ( Setting up logging even without ROOT )
  3. Specify format (fb2 , epub , doc etc.) and make the problematic book.
  4. Screenshot (s) or a video in which the bug is shown.
Example

Download:
Notes:
  • Links toalreader.com- permanent and indicate the fresh assembly. Version numbers andapkin the header are aligned manually. Therefore, immediately after updating the version (assembly), they may still not be relevant.
  • Change History:Release notes , Older builds

For Android: ( differences between versions )
For Windows:
Topics Curator: Dasdranagon

Post has been editedDasdranagon - Yesterday, 1:14

Estrada @ 20/03/19, 9:44*
As I can not win 2 lines in footnotes (

go to settings and set. If the latest version

Rep: (37)
As always - work at height, the application fell perfectly Note 8 to 9 android, as well as on Samsung s4 tablet eighth. Thanks.
From hotelok ...

1 Sync not only the position in the book, but also bookmarks and notes
2 When you select a word or text to expand the drop-down menu to copy / dictionary / translation / Google / Wikipedia /

This is an ideal program for reading and learning.
Thanks again!

Post has been editedSlon69 - 21.03.19, 08:24

stepansara @ 21.03.19, 20:24*
until no functional changes.

Edit that is, there is no saving the result :)

Rep: (357)
Alan @ 17.03.19, 20:21*
A voice-tts engines will be delivered? on AlReaderX.

at the time - yes
By the way, judging by the fact that all the same it is, though not pogodovno demand, but I'm not the only one who wants to - can not be worth much to split hairs, and simply drag it from the old version? There it realized, IMHO, straight well - built and no extra need and everything works out of the box on all devices, which tasted. He started - and reading.

Shl and still - can someone make a mechanism for saving and transferring settings from one smart to another? It is a simple and affordable mechanism (in the light of today's rewriting in an old topic) - saved the current setting in the folder, pressed the "share" - inserted, which was copied to VatsAP (mail and TP) and on the other side - pressed on the sent and UPS - settings in His alider. With the proposal to save the available under some kind of name (to offer the default that the type of "SET_Davreya"), well, and the machine taken is automatically in the folder with the name with which it came.
And then there is someone to put your settings, or pass to someone who he can not set up, but can click on the message to the messengers, previously on the phone telling her more experienced colleague Wishlist. Naturally, probably no background, namely the management and so on, resulting jackdaws and figures and tp.
By analogy, such as the possible transfer point or route navigation software to another person.
Maybe it messy, but I think the idea is clear.

Post has been editedBlind Drink - 22.03.19, 15:54

Rep: (507)
Blind Pew @ 03/22/19, 19:51*
Threat and more - can make some kind of mechanism to preserve and transfer settings from one to another Smart?

Well, the current version is there. I think in this Alan will not forget about this feature. Maybe in a different form, however. When the hands reach, or the time comes.

serp886 @ 22.03.19, 15:34*
I think in this Alan will not forget about this feature. Maybe in a different form, however.

Yes, sosvsem else :) In due time.

serp886 @ 22.03.19, 16:34*
the current version is there.
yes, exactly. But here the point is not only to maintain, but it is "share" (the current and / or saved) via the most accessible means of communication. Simply, directly from the program. And just accept the settings.
Type idea to implement. If suddenly.

Post has been editedBlind Drink - 22.03.19, 19:20

Rep: (2039)
How can I make the brightness of a minus value? The value of which is "1", in the dark, bright, A2 can be adjusted ..
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedOrldim - 22.03.19, 19:38

OrlDim @ 22.03.19, 18:38*
Type idea to implement. If suddenly

This idea is already in Tudu.

OrlDim @ 22.03.19, 18:38*
How can I make the brightness of a minus value?

go to the settings and allow software shading

Alan @ 22.03.19, 20:09*
go to the settings and allow software shading

thanks .. overlooked, and it is possible to make a value of less than -40, such as minimum supply -60?

Post has been editedOrldim - 22.03.19, 20:29

Rep: (26)
Tell at the moment can somehow disable the animation when flipping pages swipe? In setting daw removed. Each swipe tapom no animation, but if you have a swipe.

piroman21 @ 22.03.19, 19:23*
Tell at the moment can somehow disable the animation when flipping pages swipe?

to turn off animation at all - somehow I do not pawned. And what it interferes with the slides?

Posted on 22/03/2019, 20:32:

OrlDim @ 22.03.19, 19:20*
and it is possible to make a value less than -40, such as minimum supply -60?

and already once I wrote - if you need to do the software and you really shading often read, but in your case the way it is - think about buying a vehicle that will not plant his eyes. Software shading - this is not the same as the software brightness decrease - the device as a backlight beat over the eyes, and hit just below the contrast. And if you need 60 percent of the shading - there is even nothing to say. Since this can not be read

Alan @ 22.03.19, 20:29*
if you need 60 percent of the shading - there is even nothing to say
A2 me in the dark enough -30 / -40, but the new version -40, is not the same as in A2, and brighter.
Screen common modern amoled

Post has been editedOrldim - 22.03.19, 20:40

Rep: (26)
Alan @ 22.03.19, 20:29*
And what it interferes with the slides?

Not that that would be a hindrance. Just I do not like animation. If you add in the ini setting to turn off I will be very grateful.

* piroman21,
* Dmitry68, evil you ... :(

Alan @ 22.03.19, 22:24*
evil you ...
so that you ...: D simply, if you can turn off - why not use it in all cases. Or animation, or not.
IMHO.

Rep: (3719)
* Alan In defense I will say - is not a fan of any animation, but when I saw the new version as a page-flipping, I'm just stupid about half an hour to play with her, as a child, and even the familiar show. Famously done and probably will not turn off, even if the opportunity suddenly appears. : D

Post has been editedclever_man - 23.03.19, 07:57

Rep: (7)
So, ask me dremuchimu person.
And so have the software in the darkening night profile, and how to make what is a software-dimming function only on a single profile, and then in the afternoon have to adjust the brightness again as dimming operates both profile

Kronosiss @ 23.03.19, 08:17*
So, ask me dremuchimu person.
And so have the software in the darkening night profile, and how to make what is a software-dimming function only on a single profile, and then in the afternoon have to adjust the brightness again as dimming operates both profile

I was laid on the fact that the lighting level depends on the profile. Maybe it's not right - but here it is necessary to think ...

clever_man @ 23.03.19, 06:57*
Famously done and probably will not turn off, even if the opportunity suddenly appears.

Maybe I'll do a review to the author :)
Poputchik777 @ 23.03.19, 09:41*
Cool leafs.) Too bad no settings or what is not ..

and any settings you do not?

Amatris @ 03/23/19, 10:29*
Is there a way to ignore or rewrite your CCS style from Epub book?

In the engine it is laid, but now I do not connect it, because it all needs to be tied to the book, I'm not ready for this task yet.

Piroman21 @ 03/23/19, 12:33*
Color and drawing text footnotes can not be set? I tried in def.css in body.Reader-Notes add font-style: italic. Ignite.

You can probably see, see

Piroman21 @ 03/23/19, 12:33*
Can I add a parameter to INI to disconnect the charge point on the page read?

I can't come up with how she can interfere

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 20.12.20, 17:07