"People" firmware for Android TV devices X96 Max | X96 max

Rep: (518)
"People" firmware for Android TV set-top boxes on Soc Amlogic S905X2
Development and implementation of solutions for existing problems in standard firmware.

• Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Reasons to create a branch
06.01.2019. The Android TV X96 Max, although promising in terms of the advanced hardware used in it, suffers from extremely raw firmware manufacturers. There are several iron boxes that are similar in terms of iron (X96 Max, Beelink GT1 Mini, Mecool KM9), and all have the same drawbacks, plus or minus.

In this topic, we will try to create a firmware that incorporates the best from firmware from different manufacturers for similar boxes, plus, of course, we will develop and implement solutions for existing problems in standard firmware.

Questions in this direction have already outgrownmain topic on the "box", users are already outraged by the fact that their questions are diluted with discussions of deep technical details. There are ideas, the discussion of which is even dumb to begin on the main branch, because grow into the longest off-topic.

Releases

Test versions
2019.02.23. Testing and debugging the afrd programfor automatic display frequency switching (AFR)

Working materials

Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedderak1129 - 05.05.20, 19:49
Reason for editing: Notification.

[place for basement caps]
[information that does not need to be shown at the beginning of each page of the topic]

Post has been editedanpaza - 06.01.19, 14:21

Rep: (295)
I support! I declare a tester, according to my modest strengths and capabilities. At the moment the box h96mah 4/32 works on fashionsasvlad (stock + bilink), I think this is the best combination of what I tried.

Rep: (2363)
Kigba @ 01/06/19 16:57*
on the sasvlad mode (stock + bilink), I think this is the best combination of what I have tried.

Thank!
Well, let's get down to pray ...
Need a script that will allow:
1. deployed on Compa taken from the CustomizationTool system.PARTITION (well, and others too)
2. Clean unnecessary, add your own
3. Minimize the system to Sparse, make the system.Partition and return it to the CustomizationTool.

Rep: (415)
* sasvlad
Starting with 7s after packing through Aml Cust Tools, the firmware stops working.
Under Windows, you canhttps://freaktab.com/2...ls-v5-5-0-new-version/
Under Linux it ishttps://github.com/sur...ogic-toolkit/tree/Oreo(author -https://github.com/nat...linux-amlogic-toolkit)

Post has been editedsurkov.alex - 06.01.19, 19:15

surkov.alex @ 01/06/19 18:10*
Starting from 7 after packing, the firmware stops working.

In fact of the matter. I have a system with CustomizationTool 5.5.0 even if Level1.
I use 2.0.10.

Ukhtyblin, I haven’t invited anyone yet, but they’ve already filled in here :)

First I wanted to do something worthy for the beginning, and only then call the people.
But once you are here, the concept has changed, as in a joke.

Currently we have working firmware fromsasvlad on the base of the 114th bilink, I propose to take it as a basis.
As far as I understand, now this is done by disassembling and assembling using scripts such as CustomizationTool,

Until I make working scripts for assembling the firmware on anyone's machine, we will rely on his set of files, if he doesn't mind. Those interested will send him files / changes, and he will integrate them.

I plan to make the assembly system as follows. We take the finished firmware image as a basis (for example, beelink 114СЏ).
The make command starts, it automatically disassembles the firmware on the cogs, puts a bunch of patches and modifiers, removes the unnecessary, adds the missing, and finally collects everything back into ready-made images in several formats (at least two: for USB Burning Tool and firmware via system recovery / TWRP).

That is, the repository will contain only scripts and patches, and at the minimum necessary utilities. The rest will either be downloaded from the entranet, or you will have to download and put it yourself. GIT is intended primarily for storing text files, it’s not childish from binaries.

Ideally, I would like to do the whole build under Linux. there will be a minimum of perversions. But I understand that this is unrealistic, so we will also drag compatibility with the Windows / Cygwin environment (as the set of utilities closest to Unix). There is still some sort of Ubuntu for Windows 10, but I did not use it, so I can not say anything about the level of compatibility.

These are, so to speak, plans for stage I and stage II.

There are still plans for Phase III: to create an advanced package manager for Android, at least at the level opkg for OpenWrt. For those who are not very aware of what the package manager: the Unix made software to install and remove through the package manager. There are package repositories (roughly speaking, ftp server on which lies a lot of programs) where packages are easily put the name (for example, "set KODI package" or "delete SPMC" and so on). In Android, in principle, already have the package manager (which is available through the command pm, for example) with its format packages - apk. it is for android, maybe not bad, but for our needs - not really. For example, through it there is no such function as "to install the game cache" or "install the patch the operating system," or "to install the software with ready-made settings," or "update the list of IPTV channels," or "to set the SPMC also need to install libamcodec package "" upgrade your kernel, "and so on. That is, planning a super-manager package, in which were present the same can apk file, which will be established through pm, as part of the overall installation process.

With it, you can automatically update packages, for example, make a package with a list of IPTV channels, and regularly update it, and users will automatically update it - everyone knows how quickly IPTV channel lists get blown out.

Another possible direction for the development of a package manager is work in the cloud. I do not know, through tor or through torrents. Then it will be possible to create packages from broken software and other half-leggings, and publish them in the "X96max cloud". And users will carry packages "from interplanetary ether."

When the package manager is ready, it will be possible to put software into the firmware at the very minimum. The rest will be downloaded and installed automatically when first turned on.

In general, the plans are large and, maybe, it sounds like a manilovshchina, but this is all quite realistic. The only thing that limits me is my spare time, I’m busy at work so I don’t turn around very much after work, but I will try.

Post has been editedanpaza - 06.01.19, 20:08

There is a reserve, I hope to catch up with "interested" people with a level higher than my base :)

Rep: (124)
The only thing that limits me is my spare time, I’m busy at work so I don’t turn around very much after work, but I will try.

Just about plans for the next few years. Let's start something simpler :)
But the ideology is similar to the codi repository, the end user will not understand, and he does not need it in such numbers.
surkov.alex @ 01/06/19 18:10*
Starting with 7s after packing through Aml Cust Tools, the firmware stops working.

I suggest (and have been using this method for a long time) - there is a base stock (no matter GT1 or KM9) and we update it. And the volume is smaller and simpler it somehow
Updates can be divided: system patch and a set of software for pre-installation.
But ideally, my vision is normally done by a wireless update in which you can choose and read something about the update that you roll.

I've only just begun to realize the grandeur of conception! Those. is not just a flash, which is similar to the drain, left (collected yet) updated a couple of times (sistem.tviki and easy tuning), but still a solid "kit" in the form of software, pre-configured and partially retouched (if necessary) under our box / firmware? Behold the fig! Even the powers that be do not threaten! :) I've seen it a bit more modest, our "iron" basis and the system is at the nucleus of bilinka anpaza. To make clear that the idol of the PRA and interlaced by type amkodeka (correctly built, not garbage field with frequency doubling) throughout the range of codecs. Already kakby Cody set up - easy whim on the seventh day ...
There are vague promises from the Russia-Russia that they will do something useful in the direction of С…905С…2. They themselves already have sdk on 9 android and stone 922. Type, 905x2 has some similarity there, perhaps it will fall off to us from the master's table ...

Rep: (124)
For the base there is enough drain bilinka or Mekula for ATV
The rest can be modified
priority:
- correct kernel for all modifications
- DI
- properly working decoder (as a crutch while SPMC as a system player)
- sleep treatment (while wake lock crutch)
- AFR (modern or afrd but with the ability to disable the GUI so that every user can do it)
That's just the question - anpaza as the most advanced in the nuclear issue - it needs him to dig and correct in the mistakes of the amlodzhik :)

Who knows more or less closeugoos.russia
Maybe try to apply, with the world on a string ...

They write about us on freaktab

This A.S._id svetanul my unfinished core there. Figs with him, I do not think it is ready for the general public.
I did not understand why he was Russian CHANGELOG in the Google translation there stuck. I have full English.

In general, the core is still a minor task. To begin, we will use the stock core, it does not hurt
wishing to use my kernel by booting from a flash drive. When the firmware "breathes", I'll finish the kernel.

How do you like the new 922?
Attached Image

Engineering sample. The end of January-February will already be in the hands of people, I find out that there is something interesting "first-hand" (well, almost) ... :)

Post has been editedkigba - 07.01.19, 00:41

Fan kagbe tells us that the S922 heating will be about as S912.
And well, if the fan goes into a series, and not a piece of iron on the goose ... :)
On HDMI, I see some kind of protection in the form of some small details ... I hope it will not fly out as easily as on X96 Max.
But let's not offtopic. This photo is better to throw on the main branch.

Post has been editedanpaza - 07.01.19, 00:53

Upravdom @ 01/06/19 20:30*
There is a base stock (it does not matter GT1 or KM9) and we update it on it.

ATV on KM9 by the way is quite usable.
I launched it, there is a gig network, there is both wifi, bt is, the console has paired, there is a voice)))) widevine is just a reptile vseravno l3, even though I sew it from videostrong. What the hell am I doing this? And the dog knows it))))

What is called an ATV? Android TV? So it seems to be on the X96. The settings style is clearly not from the usual android (by the way, in the six I liked the settings in the form of tiles more). Miserable hard non-configurable launcher chtoli? So anyway with SquareHome can not be compared.

* anpaza
I mean not a pseudo-lancer under ATV, but also a system.
I agree, a lot of things are cut off, but the rest of the functionality is quite enough. If you need third-party apk, you can always put them one way or another and run them.
It all depends on what the end user wants. Someone likes it, it scares someone. TV, movies, TV shows and YouTube, but enough IMHO and ATV.

And what is the "system" ATV? How is it different from the usual android? The presence, roughly speaking, of another installed program TvSettings.apk?

* anpaza
There type, management philosophy and all the software is sharpened by the remote and voice. As well as Google certification. Chromecast should work should ... However, uniformity and minimum of fragmentation

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 06/09/20, 20:41