Power consumption (autonomy) Xiaomi Mi8 | Energy talk, tips and cost saving solutions

Rep: (2506)
Power consumption and autonomy Xiaomi Mi 8
PictureXiaomi Mi8, dipper
Description | Modifications and decorations пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Discussion пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ | Owners Club | power usage пїЅ

Useful programs
Tips
Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedahmetov-82 - 05.08.20, 18:06
Reason for editing: Editing

Rep: (1)
Was redmi pro Chinese battery with 4000, worked for a year and a half, and the capacity has fallen by half. Why I did not understand, I think certainly cheap wire. How best to Mi-8 charge? Under the program accubattery shows wear battery has 3300 by 3400, charge here charge of this
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/32887259432.html

The wire
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/32866367716.html

And since when has any interest? After overnight charging voltage of 4.4 says that a lot of the night after charging ...

Post has been editedjumpstyle7 - 14.11.18, 16:57

Rep: (4138)
* jumpstyle7,
Capacity does not fall because of the wires.
jumpstyle7 @ 14.11.18, 16:56*
After overnight charging voltage of 4.4 says that a lot of the night after charging ...
this is a normal voltage on a fully charged lithium battery (its modern varieties).

Rep: (0)
Who eats much radio? I jump from 5 to 40, an average of 12-15. At acquaintance to mix 2 1% in general. As pofiksit?
Attached Image
Attached Image

Mishaddd @ 14.11.18, 17:26*
How to fix?

Nothing. This is a normal situation for mi8. Perhaps due to the presence on board the volte and dual 4g (Try to disable the settings if not using).
Attached Image

* ajaxx On a mix of 2, all the same thing, but it consumes 1% of the total. Will have to accept, thank you

* W.Master ,
A charge such as better with 20-30 percent? The most important bits without use?

jumpstyle7 @ 14.11.18, 17:52*
The most important bits without use?

Most importantly to deep discharge not to bring and keep the charge in the range of 15-90%

* ajaxx , thank

Rep: (91)
If you connect your phone to the charger's this-is there any semblance QC4 +?
BlitzWolf usb type-C mobile phone charger for charging road charger adapter PD 30 W Fast Charging Macbook smartphone
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/32838310950.html

Rep: (33)
* Mishaddd , Tele 2?

Rep: (132)
I have several questions, please comment.
Mi 8 6/64 Chinese, firmware eu 8.11.8, magisk 17.3, core Sphinx 1.8.
Use the following modules for magisk: greenify4magisk, kill xiaomi service framework, magic charging switch.

1. WLD does not work, I suspect, because of the core part in it veyklokov blocked. Not critical.

2. In the morning, GPay always does not work, when reading a NFC another smartphone error - NFC is blocked on your device. MI 8 itself simply vibrates and does not show any errors. Disabling / Turning on the NFC in the settings does not help. The required services are running, GPay starts. After rebooting everything works. I suspect that some desired driver falls off, you need to flash with full wipe. In Logcat, messages from the module appear, but no data is transmitted via NFC. If you try to pass something through Android Beam, then a "unsuccessful attempt" error appears in twenty seconds. I had to put an automatic reboot in the morning, it is necessary to sew a long time, if you do not use Titanium.

3. Periodically, once a couple of days, the smartphone does not sleep, spending about 3% per hour. In gsam battery monitor application when it is complete nonsense - the use of "video" phone application (this application miui). In the standard application rate is hung up on the radio.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Unlocking the face do not use. I attribute this to the NFC blade, but not yet checked, remember.

4. Module magic charging switch turns off charging when reaching 90%. It is right? Or, I should not bother? At the last smartphone z17 mini, put on charge overnight and a year lost 11% capacity according accubattery program. Feels like, the loss greater. On the one hand he borrowed hunting this smartphone a little longer, on the other - with good shares mi 9 Go to him if he did not step back.

I plan a weekend to sew clean.

I still remember my Nexus 5, 2013, that's where they were future technologies: NFC (paying via Tinkoff Bank application, once in 2014, the cashier after my payment smartphone called RRT), unlocking the face in the smart lock, wireless charging, excellent camera, a lot of firmware for all tastes, and all this for $ 300, which were then at 33 rubles

n161426 @ 15.11.18, 14:27*
core Sphinx 1.8.
Use the following modules for magisk: greenify4magisk, kill xiaomi service framework, magic charging switch.

To begin with, I would have tried to disable / remove these modules - certainly some of them extinguishes the services associated with nfc and payment. Well, a custom kernel - perhaps there is a built-in lock veyklokov, I advise you to check out. Yes, and the Sphinx, IMHO, still damp.

Rep: (132)
* ajaxx , So after a wipe.
What do you think about the charge up to 90%? There is a sense or I make it worse?

n161426 @ 15.11.18, 16:07*
There is a sense or I make it worse?

Worse will not be exact. But also I do not see much sense - the battery controller will not take too much, and on reaching 100% simply disables charging. In addition, all of these programs for the control of the charge themselves guzzle battery.

Rep: (21)
Lord. Tell me, please, if you have experience in using EU and Global Stable, for the same usage scenario, which was an autonomous firmware?
Or just the autonomy of EU reviews.
You can in a personal.
Thank!

Fanat101 @ 15.11.18, 23:03*
which firmware has been autonomously?

Is not quite correct to ask that question, because autonomy is more dependent not on the firmware (they are all roughly the same energy consumption), and the user's actions and scenarios. With confidence I can say that any custom (including ev) will be slightly better in terms of autonomy of.proshivok least because of the lack of excess and unnecessary waste of preinstalled software and services.

Rep: (7)
Olegusius @ 14.11.2018, 20:27*
If you connect your phone to the charger's this-is there any semblance QC4 +?
BlitzWolf usb type-C mobile phone charger for charging road charger adapter PD 30 W Fast Charging Macbook smartphone
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/32838310950.html

It is a common qc3, is about 18 watt.
pd separate standard

Rep: (91)
* chaika.av , QC 4+ compatible with USB-PD.

Prompt, as well as a Quick Chardjui turn on and off and which application is responsible for this ?. I'm something of dooptimizirovalsya vidyahu in a cap and I kvikchardzhitsya phone stopped.

PEOPLE HELP!
Just a wild consumption of battery on my MI8 after using the camera!
The camera did not seem turned off and continues to eat battery! While the example has only one photo and all! But consumption totally wild - more than the Navigator!
In an attachment screens - where battery consumption and firmware version ...
Please help, because he did not understand all this, but the battery consumption makes to think about it, because it travels at a few photos in the morning is not enough battery even before dinner! Very upsetting it!
And the rest of the machine is the bomb!
Best of all I had!
Help me to solve this problem, because obviously the problem is not hardware, but may need to update a download? Or something to fix it?

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 30.10.20, 00:19