> Important

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Honor 8X - Discussion | Smartphone 6.5 "
Event indicator
Is the event indicator on the phone bright enough for you?
Yes [ 677 ] ** [35,39%]
Not [ 990 ] ** [51,75%]
Is there an indicator here? [ 246 ] ** [12,86%]
Total votes: 1913

Rep: (48)
DiscussionHonor 8x
PictureHonor 8X, JSN-AL00, JSN-L21
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Modifications and decorations пїЅ | Power consumption and autonomy пїЅ | Honor 8X Owners Club пїЅ

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

F.A.Q (FAQ)be sure to read!
Modifications and Characteristics
1. Honor 8X (PCT) 4GB of RAM | 64 / 128GB ROM
2. Honor 8X (CN) 4GB of RAM | 64GB ROM (NFC, 7 and 20 band LTE is missing)
3. Honor 8X (CN) 6GB of RAM | 64 / 128GB ROM
( NFC 7 and 20 band LTE is missing )

1. Main features
  1. Year of issue : 2018
  2. Body Material: Glass
  3. Dual SIM support: Yes. (Nano + Nano + MicroSD)
  4. Mode of operation of SIM cards: Alternate
  5. Weight: 175 g
  6. Dimensions (HxWxD mm): 160.4 x 76.6 x 7.8
  7. USB: 2.0, microUSB
  8. Battery capacity : 3750 mAh (Non-removable)

2. Screen
  1. Screen type : LTPS
  2. Diagonal (inches) : 6.5
  3. Screen resolution : 2340x1080
  4. Number of pixels per inch : 397

4. Platform
  1. OS : Android 8.1
  2. Shell: EMUI 8.2
  3. CPU : HUAWEI Kirin 710
  4. Number of Cores: 8-cores, 4 Г— Cortex A73 2.2 GHz + 4 Г— Cortex A53 1.7 GHz
  5. Video Processor: Mali-G51 MP4

4. Photo / Video Camera
  1. Main camera (MP) : 20 MP + 2 MP
  2. Autofocus : Yes
  3. Flash : Yes
  4. Video recording : 1080p
  5. Front camera (MP) : 16 MP
  6. Video recording : 1080p

5. Wireless networks
  1. 2G : 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
  2. 3G : HSDPA up to 42 Mbps
  3. 4G : LTE Cat 4, 150 Mbps
  4. LTE frequencies : LTE FDD B1 / 3/7/8/20
  5. Wi-Fi : 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz
  6. Wi-Fi Direc t: yes
  7. Bluetooth : BT4.2, BLE

7. Other
  1. light sensor : Yes
  2. FM radio : Yes
  3. Proximity sensor : Yes
  4. Gyroscope : Yes
  5. G-sensor : Yes
  6. Compass : Yes
  7. Fingerprint scanner : Yes
  8. Support wireless charging : Not
  9. NFC : Yes ( PCT version only )

8. Location determination
  1. GPS GPS, AGPS, Glonass, Beidou satellite navigation system

12 Equipment
  1. Smartphone
  2. Charger
  3. Usb cable
  4. quick start guide
  5. warranty card
  6. card extraction tool
  7. thermopolyurethane protective case

Appearance of the device
Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image

Difference of PCT version from Chinese
1. In the Chinese version, there is no NFC module
2. In the Chinese version of RAM: 4/6 GB
3. Power supply for a Chinese outlet
4. 7 and 20 Band LTE are missing
Sure to
For owners of the Chinese version, it is necessary to make a full reset, this will display the FM radio and will relieve some Chinese applications.

Reviews
Utilities
Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedLexx808 - 17.03.20, 08:38
Reason for editing: Solving problems with sending SMS

Rep: (78)
Already have a video unpacking:
Unpacking 8x and 8x max

Posted 09/08/2018 13:22:

And here is the description and presentation:
Huawei has officially unveiled the smartphone giant Honor 8X Max and Honor 8X

* jumpstyle7,

Shenzhen Pophong Store(store with a high rating) sells for 17 314.46

* jumpstyle7,
Yes, most likely - the Chinese firmware, but otherwise they writeGlobal ROM

Rep: (1)
* manyak1984,
In the global version will be, like 7 band.

Rep: (1)
It is not entirely clear if in this model FM radio.
In the Chinese store Shenzhen Pophong Store, where these smartphones are already sold, it is written Fm radio - Not Support, but on the sitehttp://pro-huawei.ru/honor-8xIt is written that there is an FM radio. Something the Chinese will not understand each other on this issue. : umnik:

Rep: (57)
The announcement for Europe will be October 11th,tyts

Rep: (97)
Zelon1444 @ 09/13/18, 10:01*
before globalki it is better not to take it? For you suffer with firmware?

Why suffer with them?
Huawei and Honor usually work out of the box perfectly, the firmware is multilanguage. Well, there will be several Chinese programs in the Chinese version, but they are easily removed, the play market can easily be installed as an application.
For example, I always prefer the Chinese version, rather than globalku. There are some chips in it that are missing from the global version.

Post has been editedSakuran - 13.09.18, 04:09

Rep: (2)
* Sakuran But what about the bands?

* vaniok352692
So the question was about the firmware. Naturally, the euro version is different from the Chinese. Usually in the TL version there is a 7 band, that is enough.

These are all answers for the poor, if you live in Russia and have money. It is better to take in your own country with official localized firmware. I will buy the next smartphone in Russia, not from China.

In my post it is not written where it is better to take, the question concerned only the operation of the firmware.
And for any market, it comes from the factory official and multilingual.
I see no reason to overpay for margins of Russian retailers and the PCT. Moreover, not every model reaches the PCT and Russia.
8 years, probably, I take smartphones exclusively from China. Never had any problems with any. I really do not live in Russia, closer to me from China, but this does not change. Often I am, and everything works fine, that in the Russian Federation, that abroad.
And there is everyone's business. You are free to take where you like, by your convictions.

Post has been editedSakuran - 15.09.18, 02:47

Ticateri @ 09/15/18 03:18*
these are all answers for the poor

So the reason for the choice in snobbery? (If I hurt your feelings, then I apologize) Look at the price of 7X in our Kazakhstani stores and it’s not clear what the double overpayment is for an ephemeral guarantee that you immediately refuse? Or for the band? So we have the 3rd for the eyes missing.

Nadvornyi13 @ 09/16/18 13:22*
How quickly does the global version of the phone appear on Ali after it is presented?

Buying a global version (for me personally) is a dubious idea. Maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I know, the Honor / Huawei bootloader is blocked. Unlocked by SMS. So, I read that sellers do not bother with this and use the same code for everyone. Until some time it works, but if it becomes necessary to reflash the smartphone, then here is the problem with the SMS code.
I repeat that this statement is based on an assumption and, if anyone understands, then please correct.

Rep: (0)
Ie, you can safely order a phone now. The firmware contains Russian, confused by the fact that it does not support B7 and B20. The phone is needed as soon as possible, because the current one has increased. But I am afraid that if I take the Chinese version now, then with the release of the global one, I will regret not having waited for it. Therefore, I ask whether it will soon appear and how much it will differ from the one that is already available and at a price too

* Nadvornyi13,
The global version is with a European plug and a truly global firmware, there will be no sign behind itChina telecom
Something like this
Attached Image

But the main advantage is lost, the low price. Yes, and its appearance should be about the same time when sales begin with us. And the fact that Idescribed here- for global firmware

Post has been editedHakata - 16.09.18, 18:47

Well, I understood the principle, but what then would you advise? Take China right now or wait for the "global firmware"? And will it cost more?

* Nadvornyi13,
About Global firmware and the risks associated with it, I wrote above. Global firmware is not a cent more expensive than the Chinese version. Would I take it? You know those
who bought the Honor 7C Global firmware during the OTA update, faced with the fact that when the GPS was turned on, the SIM cards fell off. It's all about the policy of Huawei, which wants to prevent the cheap version from reaching where its margin is higher. And therefore there is a risk that something like this may arise here. I myself ask the price of this smartphone and I would buy money right now, I would buy it, but I would ask the seller not to flash the smartphone. And somewhere in six months, when the craftsmen withsavagemessiahzine.comsolve all the problems he would have flashed on the Global firmware.

Post has been editedHakata - 16.09.18, 22:04

Understood, thanks for the info. I will wait for the Russian review, I’ll see what it is and how I’ll probably take it. I thought xiaomi mi6x to take some sort of something, but some kind of boring one. Honor looks. Yes, and I already sat on miui, I want something new.

Rep: (258)
* Nadvornyi13,
Hello, before taking China, go to any of the latest Honor & Huawei topics and read how whales differ from other firmware, find out how things are unlocking the bootloader (if you are going to sew another version), find out if there are any "global firmware" "how is google on whales. And if all of the above is satisfied, then you can safely order the animal with Ali.
Good luck with your choice.

Rep: (237)
Very interesting smartphone, just a little big + no NFC and IrDa :(

I ordered one thing
Attached Image
- let's see what comes :-D

Post has been editedreyteam - 18.09.18, 17:25

Rep: (2562)
Unlocked by SMS. So, I read that sellers do not bother with this and use the same code for everyone.

For each smart, the bootloader code is yours, Huawei officially stopped issuing unlock codes - now only for a fee (about 4 euros), but this is not the point - after unlocking the bootloader, on the smart screen when turned on, characteristic inscriptions will appear.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 10/07/20, 20:58