How to transfer firmware to the phone’s internal memory if it has custom recovery (TWRP) and no OS | Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500F

Rep: (1)
How to transfer the firmware to the internal memory of the phone if it has custom recovery (TWRP) and there is no OS

Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500F
OS and firmware: No os

Description of the problem:
When flashing to Custom Recovery, TWRP accidentally ticked Internal Storage, in addition to the ones required in the Wipe menu.

Bottom line: there is a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2015) SM-A500F device with running Custom Recovery TWRP and no OS (if you believe the TWRP message). The device has only internal memory.

Question: Is it possible to somehow copy the firmware from the PC to the internal memory of the device in such circumstances for subsequent installation via TWRP?

Post has been editedtengonakamuri - 11.08.18, 21:22

So far, google adb sideload feature. I put adb on the PC, sent the command "adb sideload [archive name with firmware]", something seems to come out.
If the firmware seems to be successfully downloaded and installed, the kernel "A500F-hadesKernel-v2.6" no longer wants to be installed. Freezes by 16%. :(

Rep: (2302)
Tengonakamuri @ 08/11/18, 23:21*
if it has custom recovery (TWRP) and no OS

Can be without any adb. Just mount the device from the PC (point in twrp - mount) ->upload all files for firmware ->flash through twrp.

Rep: (0)
Good day! A similar problem, dropped the device, along with the firmware, now I can not copy it to flash. no memory card. OTG does not perceive .. what to do ... How to upload a file with firmware to a phone via PC?

* Andrus666,

The example below has helped me, but act at your own risk:

Put adb on pc from herehttps: //www.xda-develo...b-windows-macos-linux/

On the phone in TWRP run advanced>adb sideload>slide

Run the command line, go to the folder with adb, and run adb sideload [Here is the path to the zip archive with the firmware]

I was thus able to install LineageOS 14.1, after which it is possible to upload the firmware files via the explorer

Rep: (2302)
M
The topic is closed and moved to the archive!

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 07/04/20, 1:46