OpenWrt / LEDE - alternative firmware | [firmware] OpenWrt / LEDE - discussion and problem solving

Rep: (577)
Build OpenWrt / LEDE from source | DD-WRT FIRMWARE | Collect bin (dump) for the programmer | Upgraded UBOOT loaders

OpenWrt / LEDE - alternative firmware

Attached Image

Latest version:OpenWRT 19.07.5
This topic should be placed under the image and logs spoilerPicture

Description / What is discussed in the topic, and what is not
OpenWrt is an embedded Linux kernel-based operating system designed primarily for home routers. Core components include the Linux kernel, util-linux, uClibc or musl, and BusyBox. The source code is open. Distributed under the GNU GPL license.

The LEDE project is developed on the basis of Linux, an embedded meta-distribution based on OpenWRT, focused on a wide range of SOHO wireless routers and non-network devices. “Linux Embedded Development Environment”.
LEDE turned away from the parent project in May 2016, with the goal of continuing to develop better software in an open management model and encouraging new developers to contribute and development efforts.

https://www.openwrt.org
https://github.com/openwrt

https://lede-project.org
https://github.com/lede-project

Emulator OpenWrt / LEDE web interface LuCI (old design theme)

• This topic is intended to discuss the settings, the installation process on your router and everything related to the OpenWrt / LEDE firmware.
  • In this topicdon't discuss compile from source and rebuild, there is a topic for this Build OpenWrt / LEDE from source
Useful programs
WinSCP graphical client SFTP and SCP
Settings for connecting to a router with LEDE (dropbear must be enabled)
Attached Image

Under Linux, you can either run under winscp wine, or upload files scp command
scp file path [email protected]: the path where to fill in the router
Example:
scp ~ / 1.bin [email protected]: / tmp /

Tftpd32
TFTP for Linux using Ubuntu as an example
Configure tftpd-hpa TFTP server

Install the tftpd-hpa package:
sudo apt-get install tftpd-hpa

After installation, edit the file
sudo nano / etc / default / tftpd-hpa
containing server settings. Let's bring it to the following form:

TFTP_USERNAME = "tftp"
TFTP_DIRECTORY = "/ var / tftp"
TFTP_ADDRESS = "0.0.0.0:69"
TFTP_OPTIONS = "- ipv4 --secure --create --umask 027 --permissive"

In the settings are additional options:
create allows the server to create new files,
ipv4 instructs it to wait for connections only on IPv4 addresses,
umask instructs to reset the write bit for the group and all access bits for other users,
permissive instructs not to carry out any file permissions checks in excess of the operating system.
Create a directory for the tftp server, give the server access to the directory:

sudo mkdir / var / tftp

sudo chown tftp: tftp / var / tftp

You can also change the home directory of the tftp user in the / etc / passwd file to / var / tftp.

Now we just write the ip addresses we need through the gnome network manager and that's it.

It remains to restart the daemon to start working with the new directory:
sudo /etc/init.d/tftpd-hpa restart

Instructions
Useful topics
OpenWrt project news
Download OpenWrt / LEDE

Post has been editedstp101 - 11.12.20, 01:37
Reason for editing: Update OpenWRT 18.06.9 and 19.07.5

Rep: (0)
Leshiy_odessa @ 09/26/18, 11:21*
ASUS RT-AC58U

https://www.citilink.ru/catalog/413631/

That feeling when you are looking for something for a long time, remember that I had previously looked exactly in this place, but you poke you, show what you were looking for and you are so "Cossack so")))

Thank!

Rep: (57)
Help stupid ...
You need to add OpenVPN to anti-steps (if it is important, the Internet works via L2TP biline):

Settings on Linux Mint C which all works fine
client
Remote '190.190.190.190'
Ca '/media/sdb1/openvpn/ca.crt'
CERT '/MEDIA/SDB1/OpenVPN/CERT.CRT'
Key '/media/sdb1/openvpn/key.key'
cipher AES-128-CBC
comp-lzo yes
dev tun
dev-type tun
proto tcp
Port 1971.
nobind
auth-nocache
script-security 2
persist-key
persist tun
user nobody
group nogroup

Settings in the router / etc / config / openvpn
Config OpenVPN 'Antizapret'
option enabled '1'
Option Config '/etc/openvpn/antizapret-tcp.ovpn'
option auth_nocache '1'
Config OpenVPN 'Rabota'
Option config '/etc/openvpn/rabota.ovpn'
option auth_nocache '1'
option nobind '1'
option dev 'tun0'
option cipher 'AES-128-CBC'
OPTION PORT '1971'
option client '1'
option proto 'tcp-client'
Option Dev_Type 'Tun'

File settings /etc/openvpn/rabota.ovpn.
nobind
client
Remote 190.190.190.190 1971.
remote-cert-tls server
dev tun
proto tcp
cipher AES-128-CBC
resolv-retry infinite
persist-key
persist tun
MSSFIX 1200.
verb 3
comp-lzo

# Keys
<ca>
----- BEGIN CERTIFICATE -----
Intected certificate
----- END CERTIFICATE -----
</ ca>
<cert>
----- BEGIN CERTIFICATE -----
Intected certificate
----- END CERTIFICATE -----
</ cert>
<key>
----- BEGIN PRIVATE KEY -----
Intected key
----- END PRIVATE KEY -----
</ key>

The channel seems to appear on the router, but inside my network access network there is no ... (Remote Network has IP addresses 192.168.1.x, and my network is 192.168.2.x)
What do I forget to do?

Post has been editedDrawde17 - 27.09.18, 22:50

Rep: (0)
People, help to deal with the settings, or poke the nose where follows. Referent the router TL-MR3420 LEDE firmware 17.01.6 to reconfigure WAN ports (after a thunderstorm) in all guides from the Internet (because the full oak itself in Linux) all setting up using the SAVE button, as soon as I press the Save and Apply to the thread - no longer I can get into the settings. And nothing happens, an attempt to reset the settings with the RESET button to no avail, you have to pour out the runner, then again OpenWRT, and then I'm in a stupor how to configure it. You can in a personal, so as not to clog the topic. Thank you.

Rep: (15)
And Nuk, professionals who are extruded with my lying;). I am trying to raise a web server with PHP, MySQL on OpenWRT 18.06.1. What for? I need! Instructions in the network are outdated and the stone flower does not go out. And differences in packages and configuration files. Can someone bother with this?
P.S. Just the web page is created and works. Php, MySQL does not work.

Rep: (17)
Question to experts. It is worth firmware 17.01 to upgrade on 18.06.1, you need to do this through TFTP?

Rep: (395)
Through the standard upgrade dialogue in the web interface.

Dart Raiden @ 09/29/18, 19:08*
Through the standard upgrade dialogue in the web interface.

In that problem, that from there is not put, writes:
The downloaded firmware file is not supported. Make sure you loaded the right firmware for your device chip.

I put awayFirmware OpenWRT Snapshot Upgrade

The revision of the router coincides? There are at least V1 and V3.
Dumb question, the model exactly coincides? There are C2, and there is C20 and C20i - these are different devices. Because, for C2 I do not seeFirmware 17.01

Post has been editedDart raiden - 29.09.18, 19:43

Rep: (500)
Zindani @ 09/29/18, 18:16*
The downloaded firmware file is not supported. Make sure you loaded the right firmware for your device chip.

The same file should be called - Squashfs-sysuppograde.bin

Dart Raiden @ 09/29/18, 19:29*
Because, for C2, I do not see firmware 17.01

17.01 washed with enthusiasts, because the originals did not work. I downloaded from Gihab.

Leshiy_odessa @ 09/29/18, 20:23*
The same file should be called - Squashfs-sysuppograde.bin

This is how the downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ramips/mt7620/openwrt-ramips-mt7620-tplink_c2-v1-squashfs-sysuppgrade.bin

In short, it namudril, the router brick. There is SSH access, try to reanimate

Rep: (12)
Good day. There is a problem. Put the OpenWrt Veri version. Put a Luce, put UPNP and it refuses to work, more precisely does not make ports. I understand it is necessary to collect yourself what would work or can I register somewhere?

Zindani @ 09/29/18, 20:28*
17.01 washed with enthusiasts

Then it can be anything. I would return to the drain, and then I put on the OpenWRT instructions.
Either ask for the same enthusiasts.

In addition, you need to consider that you do not get 18.06, and get the version in the development (trunk). In the release of 18.06 support this router was not yet.

Post has been editedDart raiden - 29.09.18, 21:31

Rep: (2)
Such a question, I have 4G Yota, Wireguard will solve the issue with a traffic encryption so that I can swing torrents that the default iota blocks.? Thanks for the answer.

Post has been editedk2seven - 02.10.18, 10:36

Rep: (263)
* k2seven,
Any VPN will decide. For Wireguard, another server is needed with support to find, or to some VDS yourself on any VDS.
At Azire while Wireguard is free, I use for torrents, really not with iota

Rep: (2)
* the1024,
That is, in fact, if only traffic encryption is interested, I don't need a paid VPN now, rightfully \

Rep: (44)
Someone managed to configure "Release" samba36 to work with Win 10, without inclusion of SMB1? It looks like the option ".. min protocol" do not work.

The1024 @ 02.10.18, 10:41*
Any VPN will decide

As I understand it, if the Yota traffic classifier does not understand that this is a VPN, then the speed is cut to funny values, since traffic falls into the category "could not classify."
On CIFS5, about it, Darkk told about it.
https://youtu.be/l8sxhl1u5ks?t=737
So, the question is whether the Yota equipment can determine the Wireguard.

Post has been editedDart raiden - 02.10.18, 14:12

Rep: (183)
Dart Raiden @ 02.10.18, 14:00*
As I understand it, if the Yota traffic classifier does not understand that this is a VPN, then the speed is cut to funny values, since traffic falls into the category "could not classify."

Here he is, the answer to my guess. So surely Yota stabbed the PPTP and OpenVPN traffic to ridiculous values, and I thought that something was hijacked.

VPN (when they understand that this is a VPN, well, with OpenVPN should definitely understand) do not cut (at least, in the same video it is said that they stopped).

Rep: (500)
Yuras202 @ 02.10.18, 11:43*
It looks like the option ".. min protocol" do not work.

I also did not start SMB2. I did not understand much, but I spent a couple of hours.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 13.12.20, 20:54