How to use the forum.
1. How to write a message on the forum?
When you press a button
At the bottom of the page will open a quick write form. In it, you can enter the desired text that you want to publish on the forum. You can not only answer the questions of others, but also ask your own.
2. What is the maximum size of an avatar?
On the forum it is permissible to use an avatar with a resolution of no more than 100x100 pixels. In case of selecting a higher resolution image, the engine automatically compresses it to a valid one. The maximum allowable size of an avatar installed from a computer is 16 Kb, when installed via the official client is 32 Kb.
3. How to make the quick response form at the bottom of the page in the topic be open all the time?
In the upper right corner of the page, click on "User Menu", go to the "Profile" menu using the drop-down menu. In the profile on the left there is a menu. Select in the "Settings" item "Forum Settings". After that, the available settings will open, at the bottom, in the "Publish Settings" section next to the item "Automatically open the quick response form (when available)?", Select "Yes".
4. How to change the style of the forum?
At the very bottom of the page in the blue bar, in the center, there is a button for quickly switching the forum to the mobile view:
This is a lightweight and adapted version of the forum for small screens of mobile devices. The default is full version.
There is also a link to the right to enable the display of the text version
5. How to search by topic?
At the top of the page to the right, above the first message on the page, next to the "Answer" button there is a search form:
Instead of "keyword" enter the desired phrase to search. The search is carried out according to the words containing at least three letters.
A similar search form can be found at the bottom of the page, on the left.
6. Why do I need the "Complaint" button?
at the bottom of each message serves as a tool for communicating with the moderator regarding the content of the message and drawing its attention to the violation of forum rules by the participant. The complaint can also formulate proposals for the development of the topic. Try to formulate your request clearly and in as much detail as possible so that the moderator can quickly and correctly respond to it. If you have a question on the topic under discussion, it is not necessary to ask it in the complaint, for this it is enough to write to the topic.
7. How to give the correct link to a specific post on the forum?
In the upper right-hand corner of the message, left-click on the link with the message number:
the necessary link will appear in a pop-up window. This is the right way to create links. Creating a link by copying the URL from the address bar of the Internet browser is wrong, because This link may not work for other users.
8. How to go to the desired page in the topic?
Open the topic that interests you, at the top and bottom of the page there is a navigation bar that allows you to move around the topic and which shows the current page number (the page that you have open) when you click on the button indicating the number of pages:
A dialog box opens, type in the number of the page you need and press the "Enter" key on the keyboard.
9. If the forum displays the wrong time, where can this be fixed?
Go to the profile through the menu "User Menu" on the right of the forum page, at the bottom left, select "Forum Settings", in the "Current time" field set the time zone relevant for you.
10. Why can't I download the file?
Now only registered users can download files. You can download only directly - the browser.
savagemessiahzine.comcan no longer be used as a private file storage, as was done by "especially respecting" resource users.
If you are logged in and are trying to download the file directly from the browser, and the file does not use the extension that we often have, write about this type of file in the bug tracker (link above).
11. How to mark all topics read in the current forum?
On the main page, simply click on the icon of the required forum.
Or select the corresponding item in the forum options.
12. How to see the list of files present in the topic?
Click the paperclip icon to the left of the topic name.
13. I have problems with subscriptions to topics or not satisfied with the type of alert.
Unsubscribe from those and subscribe to them again,carefully choosing
type of alert.
You can change the type of subscription in the profile, but it is better to reset everything and subscribe again.
14. Why I do not have the opportunity to independently change their status?
After dialing 250 helpful messages you will have this opportunity.
15. How to insert a quote on the message of another forumchanin?
When answering questions from forum participants, use quotes. You do not need to quote the entire message, just select the part of the question you are answering.
For a quick quote, select the desired part of the message (phrase) and click on the button.
which is at the bottom of the cited message. At the same time, the quotation code (with the tag and content of the quotation) is added to the quick response form.
If quoting even a small phrase makes no sense or the message you are replying to, the last one in the subject, then in order to indicate to whom your message is addressed, insert the user's nickname at the beginning.
To quickly add a nickname, just click on the button.
at the bottom of the message you are replying to, at the same time at the bottom of the page a tag with a nickname will be added to the form of the quick answer (the nickname when publishing the message is in bold).
16. How to edit my signature?
On the forum page at the left above, click on your nickname:
In the profile, click - "Edit":
In the editor window, change your signature:Attention!2.3. Signature and status.
2.3.1. Signatures and statuses containing:
- more than 3 lines;
- explicit or hidden advertising;
- the font is larger than the standard one (the use of fonts of different colors and special font is allowed);
- any graphic images;
- website addresses (including abbreviations of references), any contact information: phone numbers, e-mail, ICQ, etc., as well as combinations of characters that can be regarded as such data. Links to resources withinsavagemessiahzine.comand joint withsavagemessiahzine.comprojects (devdb.ru, devfaq) are allowed;
- "special tags" (tags missing in the standard form of "quick response"), "spoilers", tags - code, quotes, lists, hidden text, change the font size.(also note that the maximum signature length is 300 characters (including tags)
Click - "Save":
17. How to send a private message to the user or write to QMS?
To send a private message, click on the nickname of the user and select "Messages (QMS)
Or through the user profile.
18. How to add a user to the "black list"?
Go to the "Messages", select the user you want to add to the blacklist and copy his nickname. In the upper right corner, click on "Actions" and select "Blacklist"
In the window that appears, insert the nickname of the user and click on "Add user"
This feature has no effect on messages from moderators and above.
19. How to improve the reputation of forumchanin?
Reputation is an expression of your attitude towards the user. If you saw a message on the forum and it turned out to be useful or, on the contrary, the forum user is rude and spreads false information, you can change his reputation with the help of the " minus
"and" a plus
They are located in the field with the avatar and information about the user to the left of his post in the topic.
With it, other forum users have the right to reward or punish the participant. Button "-" is responsible for the fall, the "+" - for the increase. After clicking on one of these buttons opens a window in which you want to enter the reason for the change of reputation. The reason it is necessary to paint the details, just write "thank you" or "help" you, but others will be absolutely clear what is actually helped by the user. Comments such as "+" to change the reputation, "-", and other strange characters, emoticons are not a satisfactory reason for changing the image and can be removed by the decision of a moderator. At the same time in the history of reputation will be displayed for any message in which the subject is changed reputation, in addition to comments on the change to give references are not necessary. View history of user reputation can be pressing the numeral indicating the number of reputation - it is between "-" and "+".
Any member of the forum who has collected 15 useful forum messages can change the reputation of other users. If you have less, then click on the "COMPLAINT" button of the desired message and clearly describe the request to the moderator and the reason for the change in reputation, for example, "put a friend plus, it really helped with this message with the firmware of the device."
If forumchanin helped you in personal correspondence or other means, in addition to the forum, you can enhance the reputation through the profile. In this case try to change the reputation of the commentary to cause more paint, because here referring to the message for which the modified reputation, will not. To access the User Profile locate any of his message and click the nick to the right of the message. If you do remember your nickname find his search by clicking "Users" in the upper right corner of the page.
20. Where is the list of users on the main forum page?
To see the list of users, you need to click on the link (circled in red in the picture)
A full list of users will open online and a link to update it (circled in red)
21. How to upload files to the forum?
(or in the form of a quick response, click "Extended Form"). Below the text box, there is a field "Attaching files". Then simply select the file by clicking "Browse ...", click "Download." You can upload multiple files.
2. In the message, set the cursor to the place where there should be a link to the file we need and using the button
add it to the message text.
3. We send the message.
Those. Now each file is tied to a specific message. "Picture Library", which was on the old engine, no.
The maximum size of the attached file is 128 MB.
You can practice in the subjectWe try to upload files and images to the forum.
22. How to remove information and files under the spoiler
23. How to find all messages / topics of a particular user?
In any message of the user, click on his nickname and select "Find user messages" (or "Find user topics"): Or:
on the userвЂ™s page (in any message click on the nickname, then "View Profile"):
24. How to go to unread messages in the topic?
Just click on the icon
which is in front of the topic name
25. How to subscribe to a forum or topic?
Click the "Options" button in the title of the topic or forum and select the option "Subscribe" / "Subscribe to Forum".
The topic or forum you have selected will be added to the Favorites / Subscriptions section.
After adding you will need to select the type of notification.
There are four types of notification:First time
The resource will notify you only about the first update of the forum or topic during your absence.Everytime
The resource will notify you of each forum or topic update.everyday
The resource will send you a report on the forum updates or topics for the past day.Every week
The resource will send you a report on updates of the forum or topic over the past week.How to unsubscribe from a forum or topic?
Go to "Favorites / Subscriptions".
Select a forum or topic.
In the "notifications" column, select "no notify"
Or delete the topic or forum from the Favorites / Subscriptions section.
26. How to add a forum or topic to the "Favorites"?
Click the "Options" button in the title of the topic or forum and select the option "Add to Favorites" / "Add this Forum to Favorites".
The topic or forum you have selected will be added to the Favorites / Subscriptions section.
After adding you will need to select "Notify".
If you wish, you can select the forums or topics you need by moving them to "Important"
Select a topic / forum, put a check mark in front of it and in the menu that appears, select "Pin"
27. After sending a message, the topic is automatically added to the "Favorites". How to fix?
uncheck "Default enable add to favorites"
28. How to create a poll in your topic?
To do this, go tofull
Click "Click here to manage the poll in the subject."
After that - "Add another question to the survey."
Next, add the desired number of answers and filleverything
fields. If not everything is filled, the survey will not be created and you will have to do everything anew.
If you need to add a poll in the topic, the authorship of the first message which does not belong to you, then you need to contact the section moderators.
29. How to display QR codes on links in messages?
First you need to go toForum Settings
. There is an option to output QR codes in messages. It needs to be activated.
As a result, an icon will appear in all forum messages to the left of each link.
If you click on this icon, the corresponding QR code will be displayed.
For example, here is a link to the DevDB directory:Read more
30. User capabilities, depending on the number of useful posts on the forum.
Each group of members of the forum has its own capabilities, users are automatically transferred to some groups after writing a certain number of useful messages on the forum, and they have additional opportunities.
Starting from 15 posts (groupActive users
) it becomes possible to change the reputation of other users.
Starting with 50 messages (groupFriendsavagemessiahzine.com
) it becomes possible to edit / delete your posts.
Starting with 250 posts (groupFriendsavagemessiahzine.com
) it is possible to change your status (signature under the avatar).
31. What do the blue squares under the avatar.
32. How can I change my nickname on the forum or delete an account?
A change of nickname is possible independently, but not more often than once a year (365 days after the change of nickname). (P. 2.1.1.Forum Rules
Nickname change mechanism
Delete your accountis impossible
. Even if the account is banned, it will exist, but in the group "Banned".
Creating a new account by a banned user is prohibited by the Rules and is stopped by the Administration.
33. How to find out who is the moderator of the section?
Under each section of the forum there is a string "Moderators:
"In which all moderators responsible for the section are listed.
34. How does the status change depending on the number of useful posts on the forum?
By default, the status name depends on the number of useful messages:
Guest - 0-9
Visitor - 10-29
Beginner - 30-49
User - 50-99
Local - 100-399
Experienced - 400-699
Old-timers - 700-1299
Veteran - 1300-1999
Guru - 2000 and above
(with 250 or more useful messages, the status can be changed independently)
35. Automatic Reduction of Warn Levels
What to do now to lower the Warning Level?
- We have a system for automatically reducing Warning Levels. This means that now the User does not need to contact the Moderator to reduce it. The reduction will be made automatically after 90 days from the moment of its issuance.
- A 20% reduction in Warning Levels will now occur after 90 days. It is impossible to speed up this process. Moderators are no longer engaged in downgrades, the system keeps track of everything.
- If an erroneous increase in the Level of Alerts is detected, the Moderator can cancel his own, and the Supermoderator any last increase, and the system recalculates 90 days since the last correct increase in the Level of Alerts. The complaint mechanism for raising the Warning Level has not changed.
Do not break the rules. Nothing else. All terms are controlled by the automatic system, all its actions are logged and available to any Moderator for analysis.
When the system is started, those who did not violate the rules for 90 days will experience a 20% reduction in the Warning Level. For other offenders, the deadlines will be calculated by the system individually.Why 90 days, not 30, as before?
To reduce the number of violations. If you do not break the rules, you will not notice the difference.And if I ask the Moderator or the Super Moderator to lower the Warning Level to me earlier?
If the increase was made correctly, then your request will be ignored. Moderators and Super Moderators are no longer engaged in regular descent, only in case of erroneous actions.
36. How to use magnet links
Post has been editedqq1978 - 11.12.19, 13:43
36. Where can I see the rules section?