Dell G5 / G7 15 - Discussion | [notebook] Windows | 15.6 "| IntelВ® Core в„ў i7-8750H | 16GB RAM

Rep: (12)
DELL G5 / G7 15
Discussion пїЅ | Buying and Accessories пїЅ

Attached Image

Specifications
Features may contain various combinations of the following:

CPU:
8th Generation IntelВ® Core в„ў i5-8300H Processor,
8th Generation IntelВ® Core в„ў i7-8750H Processor,
8th Generation IntelВ® Core в„ў i9-8950HK Processor in G7 only.

Hard disk and SSD:
1 TB hard drive, 5,400 rpm,
256 GB solid state drive,
Configuration with two drives: 128 GB solid-state drive and 1 TB hard drive (5,400 rpm),
Configuration with two drives: a 256 GB solid-state drive and a 1 TB hard drive (5,400 rpm),
Configuration with two drives: a solid-state drive with a capacity of 512 GB and a hard disk with a capacity of 1 TB (5,400 rpm) only in G5.

Graphics adapter:
NVIDIAВ® GeForceВ® GTX 1050 with 4 GB GDDR5 video memory,
NVIDIAВ® GeForceВ® GTX 1050 Ti with 4 GB GDDR5 video memory,
NVIDIAВ® GeForceВ® GTX 1060, developed using NVIDIAВ® Max Q design technology, with 6GB GDDR5 video memory.

Display:
Full HD (1920 x 1080) display with support for IPS technology, anti-reflective coating and LED backlighting,
Ultra HD resolution display (3840 x 2160) with IPS technology support, anti-reflective coating and LED backlight.

RAM:
8GB, 1x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz,
16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz.

Ports and connectors:
1x HDMI 2.0
3x SuperSpeed ​​USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A including 1 with PowerShare
1x Thunderbolt в„ў 3 Port (USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C в„ў with support for 40 Gbps Thunderbolt and DisplayPort)
1x Noble lock slot
1x 2-in-1 SD (UHS50) / MMC, RJ-45
1x Headphone / Mic
additional information
Body:
Built-in widescreen webcam with HD resolution (720p) and bi-directional digital microphone,
Body color:
G5 is matte black or bright red, G7 is black or alpine white,
Full-size, water-resistant keyboard with red or white for the G5 and blue for the G7 backlight and number keypad.

Dimensions:
Height 24.95 mm (0.98 ") x width 389 mm (15.32") x depth 274.7 mm (10.82 "),
G5 weight: 2.61 kg,
Weight: G7 2.63 kg.

Audio system:
2 tuned speakers with Waves MaxxAudioВ® Pro sound processing,
1 combo stereo headphone or microphone jack.

Wireless connection:
802.11ac + Bluetooth 5.0 dual band wireless adapter, dual band 2.4 & 5 GHz, MU-MIMO / 160Mhz, 2x2.

Nutrition:
4-cell battery (built-in) capacity of 56 Wh.

Reviews
Useful posts, articles and recommendations
Activation Core Voltage Offset
Disassembling G5 and replacing thermal paste with liquid metal.
Possible configurations G5-5590
The experience of replacing the matrix.
Windows does not see the second hard disk - the solution.
The problem with installing a discrete video driver is a solution.
Articles on andervoltingu:
https://hackware.ru/?p=6320
https: //www.reddit.com...boost_and_you_getting/

Creating a DELL System Recovery Image
A list of famous matrices that suit our laptop one way or another.
Replacing FullHD matrix 4K
Instructions on how to enable Command Rate = 1 for RAM.
The recommended procedure for installing software and drivers on Dell laptops
Experience in dealing with throttling from sanekxpmail.
Instructions for those who "lag, heated, does not work" on eugenekoiner
Connect to 4k monitor
Intel XTU multiplier reduction
Disable auto update of selected drivers.
Possible cause retention laptop processor constantly elevated frequencies.
Setting the display using the utility "Control Center graphics INTEL"
Unlock hidden Windows power settings.
Audio Driver Installation Instructions
Elimination of clicks when connecting external speakers
Installing the driver on the integrated video card(Installation of the driver that the system designates as not supported, can lead to errors when switching between graphics cards in games (black screen with full-screen mode)
Article about liquid metal
Technology and autopsy Dell G5 5587
Solutions to the problem of heating and cooling the active inclusion in sleep mode
Information from the thermal grease and thermal pads

Driver NVIDIA video card is recommended to download from the manufacturer's site, rather than DELL site.
Breakaway latches on the side of the bolt are not latches, but safety lugs that play the role of a seal and indicate whether the laptop has been opened or not.
When powered only from the battery, the laptop does not operate at full capacity even when selecting the "high performance" profile.
If you forgot your BIOS password, you can unlock it by entering your service tag.

If you need to add something to the header, please send it to me (the author of the topic) in the PM.

Post has been editedninja88 - 24.05.20, 12:25
Reason for editing: Activation Core Voltage Offset

Good all vecherochka. Yesterday ordered from America DELL G7 15 (i7, 16Gb, 1060) is white with the help of a mediator ( "banderolku"). Yesterday it was bought, but today mediator wrote that the DELL wrong with color and black issued and offered a discount of 50 American rubles, if not cancel the order and not to make out a new one. I refused because I wanted it white. Now I'm waiting for further developments. If you, colleagues, interesting further developments will keep you informed. And in the case of successful completion or unfavorable purchase and delivery of my hand write or even wanted a review on this notebook, of course, with detailed description of all the way to the withdrawal of intermediary services, and the review of the laptop.

Rep: (0)
Are they hot from 1060?

The manufacturer claims it is in the model G7 (7588), a more advanced cooling system than in the previous generation of laptops, namely Dell Inspiron 7577, about the working temperatures of which can be read in the relevant topic. But the real situation will be seen only when the device falls into the hands.

Post has been editedDVAnfimov - 20.04.18, 23:08

Rep: (4)
I literally did not manage to order 7577 (i7,16Gb, 1060) for 1k $ for a week. A friend has already arrived from the states.

Through intermediaries, it is somehow dumb to order, they are not responsible for anything properly, he devoted the whole evening to them in one forum. I might as well ask for a relative to be sent by regular mail.
Did the intermediary immediately pay the tax? If you know the paths bypass - pzhl in HP)
Keep up to date, it will be interesting at the expense of temperatures and it is especially interesting how easy the white top is smeared)

Post has been editedMaxximMG - 21.04.18, 16:26

Do G3 and G5.7 have different cooling systems? G3 is a bit thinner, sort of.

Good all vecherochka. Yesterday ordered from America DELL G7 15 (i7, 16Gb, 1060) is white with the help of a mediator ( "banderolku"). Yesterday it was bought, but today mediator wrote that the DELL wrong with color and black issued and offered a discount of 50 American rubles, if not cancel the order and not to make out a new one. I refused because I wanted it white. Now I'm waiting for further developments. If you, colleagues, interesting further developments will keep you informed. And in the case of successful completion or unfavorable purchase and delivery of my hand write or even wanted a review on this notebook, of course, with detailed description of all the way to the withdrawal of intermediary services, and the review of the laptop.

Yes, it will be interesting. And in which store did you order?

1) Regarding the duty, I have not paid yet, but I think the price will be within a thousand euro and therefore will not be necessary. 2) The cooling system is naturally in G3 and G5, G7 is different, since they are different in thickness and in G3 there is no modification from 1060. 3) The order was made in the DELL official online store, now I'm waiting for it to be sent and the mediator will provide the delivery number to track USA.

Post has been editedDVAnfimov - 22.04.18, 17:44

DVAnfimov @ 04/19/18, 23:57*

Hi, I also want to order this model (only black: D)
It is very interesting to see the screen, because although it is stated thatIPS FHD but I don’t believe in the quality of the matrix in practice without a review ... I’m an important criterion for the designer’s work, so your review can be crucial)
And also, how much did you rate the delivery in a parcel post to you?

Rep: (28)
In Russia will be sold?

Rep: (2)
will be, sort of like in the summer.

Rep: (4)
* DVAnfimov,
When is there a laptop promise? Can not wait, on YouTube there are no normal reviews.

He just arrived at New York airport yesterday, so while I wait ...

* DVAnfimov , how is it?

The laptop came, I really like it. I will not write a review yet, I will do it after some time of use. Now I can answer any of your questions.

Post has been editedDVAnfimov - 17.05.18, 14:37

* DVAnfimov How is the matrix? Is there a light? Under the stress test, how many times does the CPU warm up, is there trotting? Klava nice to print? Bios is strongly crippled?

Post has been editedizergin255 - 17.05.18, 14:39

Rep: (-2)
* DVAnfimov,
Interesting for the price.
Did the USA pay taxes?
What is the price of delivery to Russia? What kind of mediator?
How many days did the parcel go from Dell to broker and to you?
How much in the end came out for the money?
Is there a guarantee and how much?

* andrpotapov
1) Taxes in the United States did not pay;
2) Delivery to me is about 6000 kopecks (including additional photos), an intermediary of "Bandera";
3) In the US, the package went 13 days (but this is taking into account the fact that at first it came from China to the USA, I ordered it on April 20, and the laptop build date is April 21);
4) For the money it was spent on rubles: the laptop itself was about 75,000, the delivery was about 6000, help with the purchase was about 3500. Total, 84500, a little more or a little less, the dollar exchange rate jumped back and forth
5) 1 year warranty, sent a request for transfer to Russia, DELL has such an opportunity (15 days will be considered).

And yet - in 1000 euros did not meet, paid 500 p. home state.)

By the way, for the avatar you a huge respect. I respect Lozhkina as an artist and musician.

Post has been editedDVAnfimov - 17.05.18, 15:46

* izergin255
Lit up there, for me is a good matrix. proca point of not watching the video card heats up in The Witcher on ultra with all the effects to an average of 63. Throttling not. Claudia pleasant for pressing with blue backlight, which can be turned off or muted, and she goes out when it is idle. Bios for me is normal, when the once arrived refreshed by it. Appearance nouta gorgeous, build a very high quality - no backlash, no gaps in the wrong places. White took not in vain, for me it looks in combination with the blue is very unusual and nice.

Post has been editedDVAnfimov - 17.05.18, 16:02

Does it make sense to take g3 i5, 16gb from 1060, which now has a discount, or is it better (in terms of cooling, etc.) older models?

Rep: (16)
There are no highlights, for me the matrix is ​​good. The temperature of the process did not look, the video card is heated in the Witcher on ultra with all the effects on average up to 63.

What time is it for the game?
The fact is that I have 7577 from 1060, too, the first 10-15 minutes fit 65 degrees, and then creeping up (the laptop is on my knees).

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 11/07/20, 18:50