Discussion camera Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Pro)
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
What versions GCam use on Redmi note 5? (Can be several options)
5.0 by tigr1234566 [ 7 ] ** [2,94%]
5.1 by Xenius [ 3 ] ** [1,26%]
5.2 by fu24 [ 12 ] ** [5,04%]
5.3 by gdb417 [ 0 ] ** [0%]
6.1 by Alexey_070315 [ 1 ] ** [0,42%]
6.1 by r0m10 [ 3 ] ** [1,26%]
6.2 by tigr1234566 (v.5) [ 12 ] ** [5,04%]
6.3 by marlin-ku [ 4 ] ** [1,68%]
7.0 by Parrot043 [ 14 ] ** [5,88%]
7.2 by Burial [ 5 ] ** [2,1%]
7.3 by The_dise [ 16 ] ** [6,72%]
7.3 by tigr1234566 [ 39 ] ** [16,39%]
7.3 by Parrot043 [ 82 ] ** [34,45%]
7.3 by marlin-ku [ 4 ] ** [1,68%]
7.3 by onFire (Abhi) [ 19 ] ** [7,98%]
Other [ 67 ] ** [28,15%]
What is your main camera?
miui camera [ 61 ] ** [25,63%]
Google camera [ 166 ] ** [69,75%]
Other [ 8 ] ** [3,36%]
Total votes: 238

Rep: (287)
Discussion camera Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Pro)
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Pro). Model: MEE7S, MEC7S - kit. Vers .; MEI7S - ind. Vers. Codename: Whyred
Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ
Camera specifications
Chinese version: Indian version:
  • Rear dual camera:
    12 MP, 1.25 Ојm (f / 2.2 aperture, Sony IMX 486 sensor)
    _5 MP, 1.12 Ојm (f / 2.0 aperture, Samsung sensor)
  • Front-camera:
    20 MP, 1.0Ојm (f / 2.2 aperture, Sony IMX 376 sensor)
Technology:
  • PDAF, monochrome flash, face recognition, HDR, Smart Beauty 4.0
Google Camera Mod (Gcam) + MIUI cam
Patches

Important - if you have everything set up correctly, the kernel, firmware and patch correspond to each other, but all the same frontalka Freese, or other features stated in the patch does not work set magisk 20.1 stable in newer versions of patches to many users refuse to work.
Examples of photos and videos
  1. Review of the camera from melox
  2. Comparison of OnePlus 3 and XRN5. Both on gcam.
  3. Comparison of LG V20 vs note 5 (all under gcam)
  4. Comparison of cameras Redmi Note 3 Pro with its 16 MP and Redmi Note 5 with its 12 MP.
  5. Comparison of photos of the flow with GCam. 92 photos with different scenes.
  6. Sample photos from the stock on firmware 9.5.17.0
  7. Stoke, 4/64 global
  8. Sample video 1080p / 60fps in stock camera.
  9. Photos made on Redmi Note 5 Pro (without filters and editing)
  10. Photos taken on camera in the updated firmware (9.2.5.0) + new camera functionality
  11. Examples of pictures taken on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (China / World)
  12. A few pictures on the stock (9.5.13.0)
  13. Example with and without hdr
  14. An example with a sealed second camera and with two cameras.
  15. Some examples of daytime shooting, shooting against the sun and shooting indoors with good light.
  16. Through Snapdragon Camera, stock can only 1080/30 fps.
  17. Examples of photos stock camera and google camera advanced HDR +
  18. A few examples of photos on the stock camera.
  19. Examples of pictures on 9.5.13.0
  20. Pictures with dim lighting on note5 china, 9.5.6.0 global, gcam hdr + advanced
  21. Comparison of 4K and FHD when recording via Snapdragon Camera (from the header)
  22. Comparison of 4K and FHD when recording via the Open Camera (from the Play Market)
  23. Compare Camera to iPhone 6s
  24. Comparison of cameras Meizu M6 Note, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.
  25. Photo comparison Huawei P10 and Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
  26. XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 5 vs IPHONE X
  27. Examples of photos on stock 9.5.19.0
  28. A couple of pictures with editorial and pixel
  29. Comparison of cameras with MI A1, video reviews from Indians
  30. Comparison of night mode stock camera and GCam
Instructions
Archive cameras, settings, patches
The rules of communication in the subject, if you have something does not work
1) indicate what kind of firmware you have
2) what patches are installed
3) did you install custom kernels or were there any other interventions in the system
4) which camera mod was installed (preferably with a link) and how it was done
poll 05/08/2020
Attached Image

Question: "What kind of camera is best for my firmware / kernel / and to the best?" Will be deleted without warning. Stable and working version in a cap + poll popularity versions.

Topics Curator: TheAirKing
With regard to the filling caps communicate with the curator themesQMS

Post has been editedTheAirKing - 04.07.20, 12:54
Reason for editing: Edit

Rep: (54)
hidus @ 01.10.18, 12:44*
The camera picked up from his old asus zenfone 5

And fotkaet? on asus zenfone 5 is the same as the module HP5 installed?

Rep: (429)
Nemo2009 @ 01.10.18, 14:10*
And fotkaet? on asus zenfone 5 is the same as the module HP5 installed?

On ADR Sony IMX363 f / 1.8 1.4 .mu.m
Night until the check, but the room in general do not see the difference with Asus, shoots well.

Post has been editedhidus - 01.10.18, 15:27

Rep: (98)
In MIUI 10 Global Stable 10.0.1.0 still fuck up the camera. I noticed this immediately after updating to 10, but thought it might seem. But no, not shown. Recently I received another Redmi Note 5 and it was flashing 9.5.13.0. 10.0.1.0 decided to compare with the same conditions. On the drain chamber all the default settings except for the sharpness (definition) - it is low. The first pair included with HDR, the other is turned off HDR. The first in the pair is always 9.5.13.0, then 10.0.1.0.
9.5.13.0 HDR on
Attached Image

10.0.1.0 HDR on
Attached Image

9.5.13.0 HDR off
Attached Image

10.0.1.0 HDR off
Attached Image

For clarity 100% crop 1000x1000 pixels.
Crop 9.5.13.0 vs 10.0.1.0 HDR on
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedraining - 01.10.18, 14:44
Reason for editing: Added photo

Rep: (291)
* raining
I do not know but I like the new squelch though much soaps, but in the evening the most to.Nuzhno set modes in offline Shumka and Ygrath as comfortable ...
By the way you have no camera app with miui 9?

Post has been editeddenismartys - 01.10.18, 14:30

Rep: (143)
raining @ 01.10.18, 14:14*
But no, it seemed

Yeah ... one soap: girl_cray:

Post has been editedLOka32432 - 02.10.18, 14:18

Rep: (197)
Worth GCam camera from Arnovy, firmware Pixel Expirience 8.1. Do I understand correctly that the HDR + does not work? And then in the settings enabled, and the photo is processed for a long time in the taskbar notification. But the detail is not very. On GCam on RN4 all significantly better. I come here and see the hat that did not work HDR +, and a patch with a thousand versions. All bad, huh? )

Rep: (6)
Prompt, in this manual can be installed Gcam on our phone?
https: //forum.xda-deve...l3-camera2api-t3747073
1. If you already did not, unlock the bootloader and root your phone by Magisk using this guide.
2. Enable ADB in the developer settings.
3. Assuming you already have platform-tools binaries, do this in your shell / cmd:
adb shell

Now, when you are in the device shell, type this:
su

The device will probably ask about root access, grant it.
Now, when you are in the root shell, type this:
setprop persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 1

4. Reboot and make sure that Camera2 API works for you now.
5. Go to Magisk manager and completely uninstall Magisk here.
6. Reboot and make sure that your system boots properly.
7. Reboot to bootloader:
adb reboot-bootloader

8. Relock your bootloader:
fastboot oem lock

Done! Now you have permanently enabled Camera2 API without messing OTA and security measures.

Rep: (767)
thunderbeat @ 1.10.18, 14:54*
HDR + does not work?