Power consumption (autonomy) Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 | Discussion of energy, and the search tips on saving solutions
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 opening hours
Maximum screen hours on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
3+ [ 52 ] ** [8,61%]
6+ [ 110 ] ** [18,21%]
7+ [ 87 ] ** [14,4%]
8+ [ 115 ] ** [19,04%]
9+ [ 69 ] ** [11,42%]
10+ [ 165 ] ** [27,32%]
What kind of exercises do you use?
Standard (native). [ 457 ] ** [75,66%]
Quick charge. [ 84 ] ** [13,91%]
Non-standard (not native). [ 59 ] ** [9,77%]
Total votes: 604

Rep: (105)
Power consumption (autonomy) Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
Description | Discussion пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ | power usage пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Unlocking bootloaders пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Mi Account пїЅ | Xiaomi club пїЅ

Before you write, read!
Forum Rules
Working with Images on the forum
Tips to improve power saving devices on Android OS
Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Useful applications
Useful tips
  1. Turn off live wallpapers
  2. Use embedded themes
  3. Remove extra widgets from desktop
  4. Disable unnecessary syncs
  5. Turn off automatic updates and notifications in Google Play
  6. Do not use the "doubled wake up function"
  7. Disable push notifications messengers, social. networks and operators
  8. Do not use task killers
  9. Remove monitoring software
  10. Set up Wi-Fi: in sleep mode - only when powered from the network; disable "always search network"
  11. With poor communication quality in LTE networks, switch the network type to 3G / 2G
Post design
Please use this form!
  1. Firmware (name and version), as well as Gapps (if installed).
  2. Network type (2G \ 3G \ 4G (LTE) or auto. Reception quality?
  3. If WiFi, bluetooth was used, and the reception quality and time should be indicated.
  4. What system software is removed \ disabled.
  5. Launcher, the presence of widgets.
  6. Screen brightness
  7. Screen operation, the overall operation of the phone.
  8. Voice calls.
  9. Left: %
  10. What programs have reduced power consumption? (including autostart limiters, sleepers, taskkilers, network mode management, antiviruses, ad blockers).
  11. Specify how many months you already use the device or if you changed the acb, then indicate how much time has passed after the replacement. If the battery is not standard, indicate this. How many full charge-discharge cycles have occurred since the firmware was installed - 1 cycle, 2 cycles,>2 cycles.
  12. Describe what was done during the measurements (in free form).

Tips and ways to increase work autonomy
Polls archive
Screen time from charging (more than 400 votes)
Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).
Prior to the appointment of the curator, on filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedMaks.hackdog - 07.06.20, 04:57
Reason for editing: I bring the cap to normal

Autonomy

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is equipped with a sufficiently capacious 4000 mAh battery and an energy efficient processor, which means you should expect high autonomy.

When testing the PCmark battery, the smartphone worked 12 hours and 18 minutes and became the new leader of the test.
Taking into account the test results with a balanced mode of use, the gadget can last up to 3 days
Attached Image

Video viewing test
As a test, the video was viewed at 40% volume and 50% screen brightness within 30 minutes, at which the smartphone was discharged from 29% to 24%.
Attached Image
Attached Image

So when watching a video, the smartphone will last about 10 hours.

Game test
The game test was conducted within 40 minutes with 42% battery charge
Attached Image
Attached Image

After 40 minutes, the battery is discharged to 29%, which means that with continuous play, the smartphone will last about 5 hours.

Charging information
When charging the smartphone from 10% to 100% when using a standard charger with WiFi connected, it took 125 minutes.
Attached Image

Post has been editedvovawolf911 - 06.04.18, 10:50

Rep: (102)
Something like that, the battery holds no worse than note 4x, it is unique. A lot of calls.
Chinese. Firmware 9.5.4. Naturally, there are no ruts and doping yet.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (6)
hospital @ 04/06/18 17:10*
Something like that, the battery holds no worse than note 4x, it is unique. A lot of calls.
Chinese. Firmware 9.5.4. Naturally, there are no ruts and doping yet.

And why the discharge is measured to 12, but not to 1%?

Rep: (2)
M
The topic has been moved to the "Personal experience пїЅ.

* Artyoman
Because I did not set up scientific experiments)) I showed the discharge, so to say "without synthetics" and did not chase the screen clock, there is up to 20% of the measurement. And in general, if you follow the recommendations for battery use, it is considered to be optimal in the range of 20% -80%. Although note4x charged / discharged haphazardly, and in a year he did not give visible degradation.

Rep: (6)
hospital @ 04/07/18, 2:23*
Because I did not set up scientific experiments)) I showed the discharge, so to say "without synthetics" and did not chase the screen clock, there is up to 20% of the measurement. And in general, if you follow the recommendations for battery use, it is considered to be optimal in the range of 20% -80%

First, the percentages are rather approximate and conditional. I think many would be interested in exactly the full level for clarity. Regarding the recommendations, I can note that there is a controller in any battery, and it will never allow the apparatus to discharge at 0. There are many useless tips: for the old memory, many perform procedures that are no longer relevant for lithium batteries, so you just need to use the technology

Rep: (2541)
Well, what I want and I write about the energy saving of your phone.
Firmware Anglo-Chinese stabilizer on Android 8.1.0.
Using 9 hours of the screen via wi fi, the rest through 3G / 4g.
Mostly telegrams, application 4pda, browser.
Well what can I say, I am more than pleased with the result.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (0)
Hello. I bought the phone here, here is the "secret" firmware. Who owns the information, explain

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

* 88riza You in another branch, here only discuss power consumption and autonomy.

Rep: (18)
Guys, tell me. Chinese came ,. The firmware is also China, the phone was not sewed, asked not to open it. Overnight ate 11%. Most stand cell eats about 50% of the flow. It is worth 2 a priority on 3G

* d1d1r2,
Is the connection normal? In terms of signal strength? My cell standby ~ 10% for the discharge cycle eats.

Rep: (18)
Communication awesome, mobile Internet at home from 4g in general to 3G does not fall

Rep: (39)
* d1d1r2 , if you have such a good 4g, why in the settings the priority of 3G?

Google services eat battery. What to do? Yesterday everything was fine. Today the battery is melting before our eyes

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

* 88riza, Power consumption (autonomy) Xiaomi Mi A1 (Post vovawolf911 # 66780712)
Try it.

Rep: (23)
Is it much better to have autonomy on laptop 5 than on redmi 5 +?

I solved the problem by enabling geolocation for applications (turned off and everything). Although gps is disabled.

Rep: (3)
The screen worked 9 hours to 16%, firmware Global Nightly Developer | 8.5.2
So perfect for me

Post has been editedValnes - 06.05.18, 22:39

Rep: (1)
* Valnes, perfect, it's 10 hours. And yet, 20% remains. Anyway, at 4m so. So let's hope this is the dampness of the firmware.

Rep: (3)
After flashing to 8.5.8 nightly globalku began to eat more charge, as for me
Attached Image

The charge was spent less in the previous version of the firmware, such are the cases

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 07/03/20, 19:30