Interchangeable optics in the phone | Bokeh mining experiments

Rep: (54)
Tapochek_123 @ 03/27/18, 20:57*
What action camera that 4K cameras in the range up to 1500ye have a matrix of about 1 / 2.3 "

camcorders for this price have a minimum of 1 "matrix.
Tapochek_123 @ 03/27/18, 20:57*
If I understand everything correctly, then the real ones are neither in the cameras for 400ue nor for 4000ue, anyway there is interpolation from the matrix

there is of course :) and for $ 2k, moreover they downscale from 6k to 4k, as a result of which we get an ultra clear picture.

Rep: (4)
Yes, there is a Sony FDR-AX100 for 1500ue, but there is still no 4K-60k / s there?
Today, 4K 60k / s is for example yi 4k + 300ue and gopro 6 for 400ue. And then a huge chasm, until about 3000 there are no such cameras.
I want to update the camcorder, since 4K even with the yi 4k action looks much better than with my camcorder and mirrorless, but after 60k / s I do not want to go back to 30k / s.

Nihiluum @ 03/27/18, 10:00 PM*
for $ 2k, moreover they downscale from 6k to 4k, as a result of which we get an ultra clear picture

What kind of camera are we talking about? Are there cameras that have 4K down to a good 1080p downscale? So from the reviews, I see that 1080p video in 4K photo / video cameras is not better, or even slightly worse than their predecessors with 1080p.

At the expense of real resolution - if the matrix consisted of 3840 Г— 2160 color photodiodes, then this would be 100% real 4K (Ultra HD) resolution.
But all the matrices h / b, and each pixel image is formed from several subpixels (photodiodes with color filters, which are not fixed color, and the level of illumination). If I remember correctly, then 1 pixel consists of 4 subpixels, the green / red / blue light filter is above each subpixel. As a result, if 20mm is stated in the chamber, then it is 20 million subpixels, of which for example 10 million. Green, and on 5mln. Blue and red. In fact, everything is more complicated, there is an interpolation from neighboring "pixels".
And for this reason, a downscale in a 4K video editor up to 1080p gives much better quality than 1080p from the same camera.

Tapochek_123 @ 03/28/2018, 16:32*
What kind of camera are we talking about? Are there cameras that have 4K down to a good 1080p downscale? So from the reviews, I see that 1080p video in 4K photo / video cameras is not better, or even slightly worse than their predecessors with 1080p.

At the expense of real resolution - if the matrix consisted of 3840 Г— 2160 color photodiodes, then this would be 100% real 4K (Ultra HD) resolution.
But all the matrices h / b, and each pixel image is formed from several subpixels (photodiodes with color filters, which are not fixed color, and the level of illumination). If I remember correctly, then 1 pixel consists of 4 subpixels, the green / red / blue light filter is above each subpixel. As a result, if 20mm is stated in the chamber, then it is 20 million subpixels, of which for example 10 million. Green, and on 5mln. Blue and red. In fact, everything is more complicated, there is an interpolation from neighboring "pixels".
And for this reason, a downscale in a 4K video editor up to 1080p gives much better quality than 1080p from the same camera.

The number of pixels (if they can be called that) on the matrix is ​​equal to the declared one, only they are monochrome, and the color is already restored through debyerization, and here we can talk about some kind of “color” interpolation. Read the article, interesting.
http://radojuva.com/2013/08/ice-cube-m/
As for the cameras that downscale, then this is for example Sony a7

Rep: (16)
* Nihiluum,
Nozzles are the way of crutches.
The quality with any nozzles is much worse than using equivalent separate optics.
Normally, you can shoot with a macro nozzle, because it's just any positive lens. Everything else, especially tele-attachments, is complete trash.
In addition, there is optics for the matrix of the phone with a 20-fold increase, there is super-high-aperture optics with f1.0, there is a normal ultra-wide-angle optics. No nozzles can achieve this.

10111 @ 30.03.2018, 15:57 *
* Nihiluum,
Nozzles are the way of crutches.
The quality with any nozzles is much worse than using equivalent separate optics.
Normally, you can shoot with a macro nozzle, because it's just any positive lens. Everything else, especially tele-attachments, is complete trash.
In addition, there is optics for the matrix of the phone with a 20-fold increase, there is super-high-aperture optics with f1.0, there is a normal ultra-wide-angle optics. No nozzles can achieve this.

But to put third-party optics in smartphones, aren't they crutches? Nothing normal can be achieved on such matrices. Cleanliness is pure.

* Nihiluum,
No, not crutches at all.
1 / 2.3 "- the same matrices are in the hyperzones of the same Pentax Q, which, oddly enough, has interchangeable optics. And this is still a small matrix, even by the standards of a smartphone.
Therefore, you can achieve a lot of things.

10111 @ 30.03.18, 18:49 *
1 / 2.3 "- the same matrices are in hyperzoom

I have a zoom from the Canon SX240hs, but I can’t get anything except a soap box. Any intervention in the smartphone’s hardware is a priori a crutch. You will not pick a potentially good middle-class smartphone and put other optics in there, but there is no sense in cheap ones because the matrix there is a wild trash.

* Nihiluum,
Why? I will) Now I expect the CS-mount mount with an IR filter and they will mount it on Xiaomi Mi4.
He has a good matrix, albeit old.

Raise the topic :)

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Cool, and bokeh with a twist.

* tapochek_123,
This is the same four-lens projection N-2.
According to the aplanat scheme, they like to spin)
This is Mi4, for which a new camera module was purchased.
Unfortunately, the cheap CCTV 3 lenses turned out to be very bad (perhaps because the old ones).
Therefore, I am looking for an alternative. Well, an IR filter is needed again.

Xiaomi Mi4
Tamron 5-50 / 1.4 and one on CCTV lens 4mm f1.2

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been edited10111 - 09.05.18, 16:52

For comparison, just a macro nozzle
Attached Image

Attached Image

* Nihiluum,
For comparison, just a macro nozzle has neither the ability to control the increase, nor focus)

10111 @ 09.05.2018, 17:14 *
* Nihiluum,
For comparison, just a macro nozzle has neither the ability to control the increase, nor focus)

Focusing on tapas, as it is and without it

Post has been editedNihiluum - 09.05.18, 17:46

* Nihiluum,
Focusing within 1-2 mm, yes)
But we are not talking about macro-attacks, in general. With this I have played enough for a long time.

10111 @ 09.05.2018, 18:16 *
* Nihiluum,
Focusing within 1-2 mm, yes)
But we are not talking about macro-attacks, in general. With this I have played enough for a long time.

12mm

Macro simply reduces the minimum focusing distance. Optics allows you to get more open apertures and more focal length, due to which you can get bokeh not only in macro, but also portraits.
But the macro nozzle is a great option for non-interchangeable optics, for macro it is especially good with long-focus optics, then you can get very large increases.

Rep: (2)
Recommend a macro nozzle for the phone please.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 28.01.21, 22:29