ATIDs of MIUI firmware and their differences
For new users of Xiaomi smartphones and just newbies, the types of firmware, their differences and why there are so many types of them are often incomprehensible.
Therefore, many users simply do not update their devices or, on the contrary, are waiting for updates on firmware that will never be updated.
And so, let's look at the variety of firmware MIUI, so that later you know that the firmware MIUI are divided into several types and subspecies.
Initially, MIUI is presented in two versions: the Anglo-Chinese (China ROM) and global (Global ROM).
- China ROM
- The вЂњAnglo-ChineseвЂќ version is focused on China and is equipped with various functions and software relevant only for China. Of the available languages, it contains only English and Chinese, which is clear from the name.
- Global ROM
- It is вЂњGlobalвЂќ, вЂњMultilingualвЂќ, in turn, is aimed at users outside of China and is not provided with services for China, but on the contrary, Google services are installed. There are many more languages вЂ‹вЂ‹available, among them Russian and Ukrainian.
- Developer ROM
- She is вЂњWeeklyвЂќ, вЂњDeveloperвЂќ, вЂњBetaвЂќ. Developer firmware is the most relevant and innovative, as it gets all the innovations first. This firmware is official from Xiaomi itself and first of all it was created for advanced users to test innovations.
It is updated every week, usually on Friday, with the exception of Chinese holidays and serious bugs, when developers postpone the release of the update. However, you should not be afraid, if you encounter an error, most likely, next Friday it will be eliminated.
Yes, and many users use the weekly firmware without worrying about bugs.
Formation rules and firmware release number you can seehere.
- Stable ROM
- She's вЂњStable.вЂќ This firmware, like Weekly, is official and is released by the MIUI development team at Xiaomi. It is the main assembly and is a kind of standard:
It is stable, all functions have been debugged and optimized, all the bugs that are found in the weekly firmware have been fixed. It is recommended to install it if you do not strive for all the innovations and related bugs, but you need a stable system operation without surprises.
The name of the stable firmware versions is not tied to the release date, but to the accumulated updates, so it is updated irregularly. Updates can come every two weeks or once every three months.
- Ported rom
- She is вЂњCustomвЂќ, вЂњInformalвЂќ. The number of custom builds includes various localized versions from third-party development teams, assemblies of enthusiasts (author).
Custom assemblies are always based on the Stable or Weekly official assemblies. They can also be updated once a week, and with a large interval. Many custom assemblies are not updated over the air, so you have to install them every time. You will ask quite a reasonable question, and what is the difference between the firmware localizers. You can read the answer to this question.here.
- Samopal ROM
- It is a subspecies, an offshoot of the custom firmware. Apologies for such arbitrary interpretation of the names of these "versions of the" firmware, but lately they became more and more unscrupulous vendors are not averse to install them on smartphones gullible buyers. Basically, this EEPROM handicraft production repulsive transfer, and frequent errors commonly occurring bugs. Stable operation of firmware is absolutely not guaranteed and often spoils the impression about the device. It is always recommended to install the assembly first three species, but rather a stable.
- Other firmware versions
- There are several types of firmware that are not so common. TD ROM and WCDMA ROM - firmware created for a specific type of connection in a particular country.
For example, the TD version is designed for the same type of 3G connection only in China. Phones with TD ROM will work only within China, and in our region the sense of them will be slightly more than zero.
Phones with WCDMA ROM are designed for 3G communication, which is widespread throughout the world. However, there are some varieties like WCDMA HK, WCDMA Singapore, WCDMA Taiwan, WCDMA Malaysia, which also will not work outside of these countries.
- Full ROM
- It is also вЂњFull Firmware PackageвЂќ. This is the complete firmware file, which is usually used when installing software from scratch or for the first time.
Also, installing the firmware by downloading the full package often helps to fix some errors that were previously in the device. The full version of the firmware includes all applications and services, even those that have not changed in the update.
Typically, a full service pack weighs from 600 MB to 2 GB.
- Incremental rom
- It is also вЂњOTA updateвЂќ, вЂњObnovaвЂќ. Includes only new files, as well as updates, fixes and additions.
Usually this is the update that comes to the device via OTA (over the air). Such updates, as a rule, do not have significant and weigh from 20 MB to 200 MB.
Thus, that the Developer firmware, the Stable firmware, you get as an OTA update, and if you want, you can download the full firmware package in the standard Updater application of your device.
Official (global, English-Chinese / weekly, stable) firmware updates are always updated over the air with the exception of improper installation or any other incorrect user actions that could damage system files.
In case your official firmware does not want to be updated, you need to install the firmware in manual mode. You can download the official assembly from the forumMIUIor themes of your device.
Custom firmware for the most part are not updated over the air, and require manual installation. In the event that your bootloader is correctly unlocked, some custom builds will receive updates over the air, if provided.
And, the main thing. Firmware update occurs only within one assembly. That is, you will not be able to upgrade over the air to a stable firmware if you have weekly installed and vice versa. But in some cases you can switch from weekly to stable and vice versa.
To do this, see the instructions in the subject of your device.
- Recovery ROM
- This is a firmware that is stitched using stock / custom recovery (extension ( img ). To flash such firmware, you need to put the firmware archive into the root of the internal memory of the smartphone, then boot into the recovery and select the вЂњflash archiveвЂќ.
When installing the Recovery ROM firmware, your personal data and files in the storage will remain intact (if you do not do Wipe- (cleaning) unnecessary partitions))
About wipes, morehere.
- Fastboot rom
- This is the firmware that needs to be flashed with the help of special. programs and computer.
For the firmware, you need to use the MiFlash Tool program and the firmware for Fastboot (extension (tgz).