Help determine the choice

Rep: (512)
This topic was created specifically to help people who do not know exactly what device they need.

If you want to help you with the choice of device as quickly and efficiently, be sure to include the following information:

1) What is the device for (reading books, calls, watching movies, internet, navigation, music, etc.). Write everything that you intend to use, if you do not know what you need, or this is your first device, familiarize yourself with the Basic features of portable devices:
Key features of portable devices
The main features of portable devices (the answer to the question, why do you buy not just a phone for yourself):
- Making calls (including video calls) through the network of the cellular operator. Ability to record telephone conversations;
- Exchange text and multimedia messaging (SMS, MMS) through the network of the cellular operator;
- Reading electronic books and documents;
-Photographing and recording video;
-Navigation: compass, interactive maps, location and routing (by ground and metro);
-View: previously downloaded videos and movies of any format, as well as streaming video over the Internet or from the network with the ability to output to an external display device;
- Listening to previously downloaded music of any format, as well as streaming music through the Internet or from the network with the ability to output sound to an external device;
-Viewing websites (in the full format with support for flash, Java and other languages)
-Access to the Internet through the network of the cellular operator and Wi-Fi and all the resulting opportunities;
-VoIP or IP-telephony - voice and video communication via the Internet (skype, sip);
-Communication:
- instant messaging services via the Internet, such as ICQ, whatsup, Jabber, etc;
- social networks;
Work with office documents (text files, tables and databases, presentations);
-Email;
-Notes: text, voice (voice recorder), etc .;
-Dictionaries and translators;
-USB-drive information;
- Reading and writing to external USB-drives;
-The use of training and sports programs, specialized engineering, medical and other applications;
-Listening FM radio;
- Scheduler and alarm clock;
-Calculator;
-Stopwatch;
- Distribution of Internet access (obtained by means of the cellular operator’s network) to other devices via Wi-Fi, USB and Bluetooth (software Wi-Fi access point, USB modem, Bluetooth modem);
-Fm transmitter;
-Torch;
-Games and fun.

2) Approximate diagonal device
3) Country of purchase, the possibility of buying abroad
4) The purchase budget in rubles, dollars or euros according to the exchange. And not in marks, MNT, tanga, Som, UAH, etc. We are not nationalists, just use a known currency for the convenience of members of the forum! (This budget in numbers, instead of "budgetary system, or cheaper," all different concept of budget).
5) Additional functions that the purchased device should have, only if you intend to use them, do not take "to be". For example, the presence of a front camera, NFC, memory card or other characteristics. If you do not plan to use these functions or do not know whether you need them or not, you do not need to write about them, or ask if they are necessary for your tasks.
If you choose the best candidate for purchasing two or more specific devices, it is also worth pointing out the selection criteria (including the budget), and not just what models you choose from.
If the above conditions, for any reason, are not met, I reserve the right to delete non-informative messages, since they lead to littering the topic with leading questions from members of the forum who are trying to help you in choosing. Correctly asked question is half the answer!

Publication of referral links, coupons and code words(in any form) is forbidden! On the prohibition of the publication of referral links, coupons.

Attached Image FAQ on the Selection and Comparison of Portable Devices
Attached Image Buying devices

Attached Image FAQ on buying portable devices abroad
Attached Image How to choose a tablet?

Topics Curator - John666
(The curator is the representative of the forum administration!)

Post has been editedJohn666 - 11.05.20, 21:32

Rep: (0)
Good day. I thought about buying a PDA. I’m saying that initially the incentive was the desire to have an autonomous navigator. Accordingly, the unambiguous requirement for a PDA is the presence of a built-in GPS receiver.
After understanding and reading the forums, I came to the conclusion that it is possible to have not only navigator functions, but other things as well.
What I imagine for myself from the requirements: the ability to work with standard flash cards, with Microsoft Office, the availability of Wi-Fi, gprs, the ability to play, watch movies (for traveling in an airplane), and of course navigation, with the possibility of changing programs, additional downloading cards, etc. etc.
Size .. I would not like very big, but here at once the desire to have a big screen is struggling with the desire to have small dimensions))))) In general, I have not decided on the size yet ..
The budget is around 20 thousand rupees .. naturally, in the direction of lower prices, advice will be welcome.
I understand the PDA poorly, from my own gadgets - a smartphone and a beech.
Thank you all in advance for your advice.

Well, since I created a theme then help me :)

Chubakoff ,
And you did not think about buying two PDA devices and a navigator, then you could take a HP iPAQ 314 Travel Companion as a navigator and the PDA could be smaller and more modest. True to 20k with this option does not fit in any way. Or do you need exactly one device?

I already have two mobile phones)))) if there is still a PDA and a navigator, then I will remind the electronics))))
Initially, the PDA was originally conceived for the main function - navigation .. but now I want to have more features from the device ..

Rep: (223)
Chubakoff , Asus 696, FS N560, HP 214 + BT GPS. Start looking at these models.

What can I say ... the asus - processor is a bit deadly IMHO .. fujitsu is not bad .. not too old? was announced in 2006, the year .. according to the characteristics is pretty nice .. Hugh Packard - there is no built-in cable .. you don’t want to carry the receiver separately with you - you don’t want to

ChubakOFF @ 08/17/08 10:41:55
IMHO .. Fujitsu - not bad .. not too old?

From the PDA with GPS nothing better and no newer. You can look at the HTC X7510 but it is big and costs about $ 1200.

ChubakOFF @ 08/17/08 11:41:55
what can I say ...
And nothing more. PDAs die off slowly.

ChubakOFF @ 08/17/08 11:41:55
Fujitsu - not bad .. not too old?
Yes, a little old, but since then, nothing new has come out. Manufacturers are switching to communicators. So it is not too old. The characteristics are quite workable.

so .. expand the search ..))
Diamond from HTC - what do you say?

ChubakOFF @ 08/17/08 12:42:58
What can I say? Take it. :)
True, right now, pessimists can povylazyat who will whine that the type of battery is weak, the body of the brand, and finally can be a brake - nakh nehber, type. :)

Well, with the battery there really is not everything is in order, as I understand it)))) but otherwise it is extremely good IMHO

Well with the battery there really is not all right, as far as I understand
Reinforced sold already. And in the car itself, and do not need a capacious battery, cigarette lighter nearby. :)

M
Reputation from ChubakOFF raised

Post has been editedpaveld - 17.08.08, 13:33

Rep: (1409)
ChubakOFF @ 08/17/08 10:41:55
IMHO .. Fujitsu - not bad ..

Bad navigator in it ..
ChubakOFF @ 08/17/08 11:42:58

small ... Very small for avtoGPS ....

Rep: (330)
I'm thinking of selling my device and taking a Toshiba G900. Klava interested, hedgehog, wide screen (although it is not known how it will be with the software), yusb-host, 128 operatives. only the price is confused - 12000. cheaper than my p535 by 4000. o_O although so many advantages ... maybe there are alternatives? the main thing is memory, clave. Well, percent above 400.

Added @ 18.08.2008, 10:36

and not a candy bar

It was decided to touch Diamond and wait for the official release of the gnumms of Omnia. While leaning towards Samsung.

I'm thinking of selling my device and taking a Toshiba G900. Klava interested, hedgehog, wide screen (although it is not known how it will be with the software), yusb-host, 128 operatives.
Well, if you need such har-ki, you can exchange, the good price is good. And the fact that the price is low, it’s already been sold for a long time, so the regular price reduction has come.

Rep: (1)
ChubakOFF, 08/17/08 10:41:55
IMHO .. Fujitsu - not bad ..

Bad navigator in it ..

Not very bad! From the window of the Boeing 747 wrote the route track until the battery is planted (turned on still on the ground). If he caught the satellites, you will not tear it off (well, only in the buildings and tunnels of the trail).

Help determine the choice: Toshiba Portege G900 or GigaByte G-Smart MW998 O.o

Element89 @ 08/31/08 00:24:14
Help determine the choice: Toshiba Portege G900 or GigaByte G-Smart MW998 

Toshiba Portege G900, more operatives and a bigger screen.

but I read the reviews about the G900, they say the sound is bad, quiet, the battery dies in a flash, hangs in the standby mode ... O.o or is it fixed in the past with patches / firmware?

Element89 @ 08/31/08 08:41:48
but I read the reviews about the G900, they say the sound is bad, quiet, the battery dies in a dash, hangs in standby mode

I think if you write about it here -Toshiba Portege G900 - Discussionthen in response you can write all sorts of bad words. :)
In general, all such questions ask the link, you will get more answers.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 21/06/20, 2:18