Discussion thermal imagers Thermal Seek

Attached Image

Specifications
ParameterSeek Thermal Compact PRO
Resolution 320 Г— 240
Range up to 550 m
Temperature range -40 В° to 330 В° C
Viewing angle 32 В°
Focus adjustable (manually on the imager)
Refresh rate 15 Hz
Price in Russian stores (estimated retail) 49950 rub
System Requirements Android 4.4 and up, OTG
Additional photos
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
Officially supported device models
Android
Google Nexus 5 (adapter required)
Google Nexus 5x (USB-C adapter required)
Google Nexus 6 (adapter required)
Nexus 6p (USB-C adapter required)
HTC Desire 820 (adapter required)
HTC Desire EYE (adapter required)
HTC One Mini 2 (adapter required)
HTC One A9 (adapter required)
HTC One M8 (adapter required)
HTC One M9 (adapter required)
Motorola Moto X
Motorola Moto G
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5 (does not work on android 5.1.1)
Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Samsung Galaxy S8 (adapter required)
Samsung Galaxy S8 + (adapter required)
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
Apple
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 7
iPhone SE
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 6s
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 6
iPhone 5s
iPhone 5c
iPhone 5
iPod Touch 5th generation

Officially incompatible device models
Amazon Fire Phone & Tablet
Google nexus 4
Google Nexus 7 (2012)
HTC Desire 620
HTC Desire 626
HTC Nexus 9
Nexus 9
Samsung Galaxy 2 (old)
Samsung Galaxy Mega
Samsung Galaxy Note (original)
Samsung Google Nexus S
Samsung Nexus S
Samsung Galaxy S3 NEO
Samsung S4 mini
Samsung S5 mini
-----
iPhone 4s and older
iPad 3 and older
iPod Touch 4 and older
Device models with which the device officially works, but not optimized
iPad Mini (all versions)
iPad Air
iPad 4th generation
Device models with which the device was not officially tested.
Many models of the company HTC
Many models of the company LG
Many models of the company Sony Xperia
Some Samsung Galaxy Tab models
Many devices working through adapters on microUSB
Technical support answers to some questions
AT: I'm trying to use "Seek Thermal Compact PRO" on the tablet "Samsung Tab A6", but the picture is always turned upside down! This is a big problem when using. When will you fix this bug?
ABOUT: Unfortunately, "Samsung Tab A6" is not currently listed on our website as a compatible device. You can work around this problem with an adapter, but we cannot guarantee that you will be satisfied with the result. Please refer to the following link when selecting a device that has been tested and proven compatible with by our products.

Also, if you want to try using an adapter to adjust the position of the camera to fix this problem, please refer to the following link.about compatibility.

AT: Why does Thermal Seek constantly click inside? In some places it clicks less, in some more. Is this a glitch of your software for mobile devices? I tried on different devices with the latest version of the software from the Play Market and the imager is clicking everywhere.
ABOUT: The click sound is normal for a thermal imager. As the temperature of the thermal imager changes, it calibrates itself using an electromechanical shutter to measure the ambient temperature.

AT: How can I calibrate the device? I doubt the temperature is displayed correctly.
ABOUT: Reflection and other factors affect surface temperature measurements. The error of Seek, as a rule, does not exceed 5 degrees Celsius. In some cases, the camera may have a short warm-up period (just a minute or so) during which the accuracy will increase from the time it is started.

AT: Do you provide application source code for my programmers to update your current application?
ABOUT: We are finishing work on the Developer Program, which should be available in 2018. Additional information will be available closer to the time of release.

AT: The application has violated the registration procedure. I cannot create an account because the error “cannot connect to server” occurs.
ABOUT: Sometimes the registration process does not work properly. Unfortunately, I do not have access to registration information for confirmation, but your purchase can always be tied to the serial number of your device.
original letter in english
Questions:
I was buy "Thermal Seek Compact Pro" for Android. And i have some questions:
1. I try to use it on my app on the go tablet on the google play market on Samsung Tab A6 tablet. This is big big trouble. When do you eliminate this deficiency?
2. why Thermal Seek device? In some places, most clicks, some clicks less. For mobile devices? I try on two devices, Samsung Galaxy S8 + and Samsung Tab A6.
3. how can I do a calibration device? I doubt that the temperature is displayed correctly
4. Do you provide an opportunity to improve this application?
5. in app is broken registration procedure. I can't create an account because it’s not possible to connect to the server.

Answers:
Thanks for contacting Seek Support. In answer to your questions:
1. Unfortunately the Samsung Tab A6 is not currently listed as a compatible device. You can be satisfied with the result. Please note:
https://www.thermal.com/supported.html
If you’re trying to find out what you’re trying to do, you’ll have to do this.
https: //support.therma...pters-for-Seek-Compact
2. Clicking the sound imager. It calibrates itself using the temperature of the environment.
3. Surface temperature measurements are affected by reflection and other factors. All Seek imagers are generally accurate within 5 degrees C above or below the reading. It will be a short period of time for the camera to warm up.
4. We’re putting you in touch with the Developer Program, which should be available in 2018, for more information.
5. Our registration process sometimes fails to work properly. Unfortunately, I’ll not always be able to find out what to do.
Useful

Post has been editedstp101 - 02.10.19, 21:29
Reason for editing: Different versions of the application

Rep: (12)
Zaytseff, lay out pzhalsta picture, which gives
the program "ThermoVision_JoeC" - the number of dead pixels on the matrix, the button [Show DeadPixelMap].
It is curious to compare how much better-worse the quality of the matrix.

Rep: (4)
I also think myself such a device. I looked on the Internet, there is an aliexpress, people are happy with reviews (https: //www.aliexpress...ad0&priceBeautifyAB=2)
Another found this sitehttps://www.thermal.com/compact-series-nl.html

Rep: (59)
Someone can translate this page into Russian?http://joe-c.de/pages/posts/mapcal_198.php
I roughly understand the meaning, but not exactly. As I understand it, this function is for correcting dead pixels, and the details are not very clear.

Rep: (0)
* andr_r,
lay out pzhalsta picture, which gives
prog "ThermoVision_JoeC" - the number of dead pixels on the matrix

I don’t know what the program is, I couldn’t figure it out in 10 minutes (even download), but I’m sorry for more time

Post has been editedZaytseff - 22.01.18, 23:38

Zaytseff @ 01/23/2018 01:37*
I don’t know what the program is, I couldn’t figure it out in 10 minutes (even download), but I’m sorry for more time

Attached fileThermoVision_JoeC_V1.8.0.0_relFE.zip(5.82 MB)

And drivers to connect
Attached filezadig-2.3.exe(4.92 MB)

You need to install the program, connect the device, then install the driver for your device. In the program on the left, select seek Thermal, click connect below, or even lower the DeathPixelMap button.

Left-handed66 @ 01.22.18, 20:24*
Someone can translate this page into Russian?http://joe-c.de/pages/posts/mapcal_198.php

Google translation
the introduction

For the most accurate capture of thermal images, I use point-to-point calibration (description in English) for each pixel, this process is called Mapcal, because the result is a map with calibration values.

You need 2 evenly heated surfaces, one of which is as cool as possible, and one as warm as possible.
For quick tests, a wall is usually sufficient as a cold link, and a palm is like a hot link.
It is not very important what surface temperatures have exactly, but it is very important that they are uniformly warm, or at least a part in front of the camera lens radiates the sensor evenly.

calibration

To capture raw camera data are accepted. First, the “cold link” is recorded. That is, the camera should be aimed at the object of the cooler.
It then produces a camera image that ideally displays the measured value for the link characteristic of each pixel.
If this still image of the camera is saved, a “hot link” is executed again.

Then 2 camera images are available. The next step will be the calculation, the success is usually the same automatically.
DeathPixelMap:
DeathPixelMap is first created (it will be a “Cold Reference” “taken for this”, it’s basically just a binary array ... either the pixel is good or bad. All pixels whose reading is in a certain range of numbers are considered good first, all the rest (shorts or open spots on the Sensor, for example) are marked as bad

immediately GainMap
Now the change is detected for each pixel (which was not marked as bad), as a result of which the “hot” values ​​are divided into “cold”, and the result is the so-called gain value. If it is too large, the pixel is wrong, if it is too small, if it is is defective or “blind pixel”, both marked as bad in

Deathpixelmap
Now all (good) pixels of the “cold” frame are calculated together, forming the average. Then each pixel is subtracted from this average and an offset map is created.

As soon as 3 maps are created, the function will be ready and Mapcal can be used. How Mapcal works:

The original image is captured by the camera.
each pixel is multiplied by the corresponding pixel value of the map with the extension
For each pixel, the corresponding value of the offset map pixel is calculated.
then all strongly marked pixels are replaced by the average of all nice neighboring pixels.
The result is a camera image that only needs to be colored for display and with which you can measure temperature.

if in your own words but uses
search for dead pixels (snapped into maximum brightness) on a uniform dark background (cold wall),
search for dead pixels (snapped into minimum brightness) on a uniform light background (warm hand),
and 2 point calibrationtwo-point-calibration

Considers dead pixels on average on live around,
and for the living, it does two-point-calibration,
and eventually builds an offset map for all pixels.
on this amendment map, then the desired image is corrected.

* left-handed66,
That is, you need to connect it to your computer, or what? And where is the hole then take this? I have never seen such connectors on computers)

* andr_r,
You can take advantage of this adapter

Well, ordered, I will arrive I will unsubscribe)

you just don’t have to push the camera there at once, expensive toy, check the adapter first, the hell of them knows these Chinese people, they can lash the wires too. plug in to check out some old flash drive, which is not a pity, through the OTG cable, if you did not smoke and see the computer, it means everything is normal and you can cling to the camera.
I made myself such an adapter. of 2 moms microUSB. (it was a pity to cut off the whole USB laces, but no half-dead ones)
photo
Attached Image

Post has been editedandr_r - 26.01.18, 14:01

Rep: (-1)
Andr_r @ 11.01.18, 08:00*
poking around with ThermoVision_JoeC came to the conclusion that the program is interesting and worthy.

: roll: download-try "virus-free"
Download-try, "screw sharing" is not yet interesting - the author is not up to Android. A laptop with a thermal imager to carry - is nonsense. Like the "Windows" tablet to adapt to this "program". The version is the only one, without viral panic, from Windows. ;)

Attached files

Attached fileRel_Ex-Tools_V010_clean.zip(1.62 MB)

Post has been editedHiM @ ster - 12.02.18, 17:24

HiM @ ster @ 01/26/2018, 18:01*
: roll: download, try, and the Windows section is not interesting to us - the author, even before android, isn’t even. Yes, and carry a laptop - nonsense. As Vindov tablet adapt for this "program." The only version without viral panic from Windows. ;)

Something I did not understand the essence of this statement. Either the author is against Windows programs, then he himself lays out one of the versions for Windows, and without need. What for?

Rep: (4)
I recently purchased a compact. The toy is interesting, but the incorrect display of low temperatures confuses me, and it’s stated to -40 ° C. How do you think it can be calibrated ...? I read somewhere else that developers will finish the software and it will be available for third-party developers, so that third-party programs will appear.

third-party program (under win)Seek Thermal Compact PRO - thermal imager for Android (Post lefty66 # 69505225)
about calibration in itSeek Thermal Compact PRO - thermal imager for Android (Post andr_r # 69507079)

after calibration, the picture is better, sorry not for long, it warms up and floats away again, and we must again calibrate everything with a new one.
and it is difficult to find a uniformly cold surface, with a warm, simpler one.
where to poke for calibration
Attached Image

I would like to know for myself whether the developers will make their software better?, and can anything be done with floating calibration from heating at all? can the radiator stick on top? somewhere I have already seen a photo of this option.

Rep: (1)
On the xr model how to increase the viewing angle? Are there any lenses?

Hrust15 @ 04.02.18, 23:50*

by lens materials
we need lenses from certain materials - germanium, silicon, zinc selenide and others. ZnSe optics are used to focus the laser

hereA companion writes about optics, only he tried macro photography (the viewing angle decreases), does not write about increasing the viewing angle, there are other lenses needed or even probably somewhat convex and convex. Who is engaged in optics or remembers it better - will tell.
I also came across something on this topic on the bourgeois websites, but right now I won’t find it and didn’t save it. And there, too, everything about macroshooting was there.
Why do you need to increase the viewing angle? there and so like the rules. And from the increase in the viewing angle, the resolution of the picture does not increase, everything remains the same, only more. :)

Post has been editedandr_r - 05.02.18, 15:33

Hrust15 @ 05.02.2018, 02:50*

It will be much easier and cheaper to sell and get the regular version. Or add some money and take the PRO version, so as not to feel defective.

Post has been editedleft-handed66 - 05.02.18, 15:14

People, on the raccoon 8 the camera is not recognized. I downloaded the application, connect the camera with the help of the native Samsung adapter Usb C and nothing happens. Tell me where to dig

* plag, Seek Thermal is not compatible with most Samsung devices. Most likely you will have to use another device.

Rep: (22)
The native adapter from sams8 + does not work and some kind of Chinese too, took in know-how for 400 rubles. with rope adapter, earned. Phone sams8 +, pro seek.

Post has been edited15176 - 10.02.18, 18:56

Replaced the phone on the Meizu Pro 7 Plus (model M793Q with firmware M793H) works fine, I use an adapter that the seller puts together with the thermal imager.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 28/06/20, 6:20