X96 Mini Amlogic S905W [Android] | [TV Box] [Amlogic S905W]

Rep: (11)
DiscussionX96 Mini Amlogic S905W
Tv box
Discussion пїЅ | Discussion X96 пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Firmware 7 пїЅ | Firmware 9.0 | Owners Club
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Instead of saying "Thank you" clickPicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks .
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

When you upgrade SuperSU YOU WILL RECEIVE ETERNAL reboot (in the firmware already built in the RTH)

Poll results
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Specifications
  • SoC - Amlogic S905W quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 @ processor up to 1.5 GHz with a five-core 750 MHz Mali-450MP graphics processor
  • System memory - 1 or 2 GB DDR3
  • Storage - 8 or 16 GB eMMC flash memory + micro SD cards
  • Video and audio output - HDMI 2.0a output with HDR, AV port (composite + stereo audio)
  • Video Codecs - 4K @ 30fps H.265 [email protected], 4K @ 30fps VP9 Profile-2, MPEG1 / 2/4, H.264, HD AVC / VC-1, RM / RMVB, Xvid / DivX3 / 4/5/6, RealVideo8 / 9/10
  • Connectivity - 10 / 100M Ethernet, 802.11 b / g / n Wi-Fi (no Bluetooth)
  • USB - 2 USB 2.0 ports: 1x host, 1x device (OTG?)
  • Miscellaneous - IR receiver, IR expansion port
  • Power supply - 5V / 2A
  • Dimensions - 82 x 82 x 17 mm
  • Package: 1 x X96 Mini TV box, 1 x HDMI cable, 1 x remote control, 1 x power supply, 1 x instruction, optional - 1 x additional IR receiver, 1 x board for mounting on TV

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Useful

Attention! Cheat and send 1/16 instead of 2/16! Be careful.

On mainstreaming and filling caps
You are always happy to help Curatorsbolschoy58.
To communicate using the private messaging system (QMS).

Post has been editedbolschoy58 - 31.05.20, 01:34
Reason for edit: Removed From victory day

Rep: (27)
* indi20002, It doesn’t work, root is required, by default it doesn’t have them, that was my primary problem, installed super sous, then hung on the log, then the firmware from x96 killed the boot completely, I can’t find a way to dump via UART, there is a cable, where I saw solder, the software did not find the command to remove the dump. Another would be to find the u-boot for X96 mini. In general, it is necessary to draw up a separate topic from X96mini, I have already taken a photo of a vnutryanki. There emms bga, 4 memory banks (in the case of 2GB ddr3) there is wi-fi, bluetooth.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 14.10.17, 09:21
Reason for editing: Pictures under spoiler

Rep: (309)
A similar situation, I wanted to put the root on x96 mini, rebooted the device and hangs on the splash screen, where to find the firmware

In theory, the firmware should come fromTanixTX3 mini.Processors are the same. But it is better there, write to the support (Skype icon on the right), they have X96 mini on sale, they will put the firmware.

Route on TanixTX3 mini was successfully received with the help of these applications (I am attaching the instruction):
Attached fileNewKingrootV5.2.2_C_4_B433_xda_release_2017_09_12_20170913232940_105243.apk(20.43 MB)

Attached fileSuperSU-Me + Pro-9.7.4P.Rus.apk(7.15 MB)

Instruction:
1. Install KingRoot.
We get the root of the law, in the process the device may reboot (I did not reboot, the "optimization" should go up to 100%! In the process, the program can "self-close" in the tray-open again and continue the optimization to the end).
Check if Root is received easily - go to KingRoot in the menu in the upper left corner:
- if not received, the panel will be in red and a button to continue the optimization on the right (click it!);
- if everything is successful, the panel will be green and the message that Ruth is received.
2. Install SuperSU-Me (The version that appeared in the attached file turned out to be workable!)
We launch, grant rights, click on the single huge button in the center — the program will remove KingRoot and the Chinese KingUser with replacement by SuperSu.
Remove the unnecessary program SuperSu-Me.
3. UpdateSupersuto the latest version (available through the Play Market).
4. Open SuperSu and update the binary SU on request in the normal way. After a successful update, we confirm the reboot request.

Post has been editedbodrick - 18.11.17, 12:43

Rep: (11)
I decided to create a new topic to discuss this device, and then questions about it are lost in the topic of his older brother X96.

Rep: (15)
Also ordered.
Is it possible to use Dualboot on this console?

Post has been editedkoma25 - 16.10.17, 05:38

Rep: (309)
_SkyDreamer_ @ 10/17/17, 09:32*
About the killed X96 mini firmware from x96.

Firmwarefrom the W95, which should come up on the X96 mini, the only thing that should be clarified is the Wi-Fi version of the module (the worst thing that can happen after flashing is not Wi-Fi to work if the modules do not match)
Prefixes are identical in parameters:
W95
CPU: S905W
ROM: 1G / 2G
RAM: 8G / 16G

Post has been editedbodrick - 17.10.17, 13:36

Rep: (27)
* bodrick,
Bodrick @ 10/17/17, 13:33 *
The firmware from W95, which should come up on X96 mini, the only thing that should be clarified is the version of the Wi-Fi module (the worst thing that can happen after the flashing is that Wi-Fi does not work if the modules do not match)
Prefixes are identical in parameters:
W95
CPU: S905W
ROM: 1G / 2G
RAM: 8G / 16G

X96 mini SV6051P module, the same ... but I make a bootable SD flash drive using a boot maker, it does not boot from it ..

Rep: (16)
Hikvision @ 10/17/17, 10:01*
The latest software update was the 9th of this month.

I set up the console until the 9th, so I did not see the update.
The firmware is not bad, the only thing I did not like is that there is no root and does not switch to a third-party launcher when rebooting.

No one has ever tried to rut?

Post has been editedzertop - 17.10.17, 16:16

Rep: (9)
Hikvision @ 10/17/17, 10:01*
Why look for her?

so that there is an opportunity to scatter, in case you pull to experiments. besides, by analogy with other boxes - sometimes it happens that (for example) the light has gone out of time, and the next time we turn on we get an eternal boot

Rep: (124)
Hikvision @ 10/18/17, 08:49*
H96 pro plus (amlogic s912)

In the hands did not hold, I do not know.
I am waiting for the Mini M8S Pro as one of the cheapest 912 with normal firmware, I was very praised in the topic of choice, perhaps also a good choice.
I suppose that on the 7th bucket it is better not to hurry while the firmware is finished.

Rep: (204)
While there is no topic on the X96mini with the s905w processor, I am sharing a link to the August firmware, the seller sent Vontar with Ali. I did not try it myself, since I gave the box right away, there was no time to test.
https://yadi.sk/d/AaNjRSHi3NrjQ5

Rep: (1)
Top put SuperSU is no longer loaded. Hanging on the screen saver. How to be the one to flash?

Rep: (444)
Still need to think how to enable output in 1080p and not 720p as it is now

Rep: (16)
X96 [Android] (Post nikanuka # 66111685)
"While there is no topic on X96mini with the s905w processor, I share a link to the August firmware, the seller sent Vontar with Ali. I did not try it myself, because I gave boxing right away, there was no time to test."
https://yadi.sk/d/AaNjRSHi3NrjQ5

Rep: (483)
For its 25 cu also complete with a mount, a remote sensor is quite a normal option for the kitchen for example.
I now have an Orange Pi PC on TV, everything works without problems, and X96 should be faster in principle.

Rep: (6)
In general, I encountered a small problem. A couple of weeks ago came to console X96 mini, so that's when you connect through a hub console Air mouse gyro with gyro, with their belongings on tap minimize OK sometimes nothing happens, that is, all the other buttons work properly. Remote worker last console MK808B worked flawlessly! Previously wrote that when the adapter is connected directly into the usb port of the remote control begins to fail, and fix it can only be a hub. In general, it seems to be the problem disappeared, but who are faced with similar, you can tell what else can be done?

Rep: (9)
The seller h96mini said that he rolled there the firmware from Tanix 3 mini is the top and bottom bar

Rep: (1057)
M
Topic moved to subsectionMedia consoles

Rep: (1)
Where to get the firmware on Tanix 3 mini

* Hikvision , Hello. Have you been using it for a long time? I want to take, too, especially for chrome. How is it overheating when watching videos online?

I have on this console Cpu-Z shows the output of the image on TV as 720p, but the TV shows information that the resolution is displayed in 1080p, what's the catch? : D

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 16/06/20, 16:58