> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Onyx Boox on Android - General | Owners Club eBooks Onyx Boox on Android

Rep: (246)
EBooksOnyx Boox on Android
Owners Club | Questions that go beyondof the individual devices
Subject to discuss common issues and to the owners of any interesting topics they ...
Attached Image
... while charging reader

In trepalke are all the forum rules, no exceptions.
:savagemessiahzine.com: Message counter disabled

Honorary members of the club
The decision on the users contact with this very honorable board adopts editor caps aki autocrat. Anyone forgot - do not be angry, remember!
  • * cergor - developer modified firmware Mods applications and a lot of useful things. the engine of progress.
  • * omega2008 - developer OPDS World [EInk] .
  • * pulsar_85 - the master of iron modding

Some discussion topics
Battery calibration
Special official instructions:
After installing the firmware/2.1.2 especially after 1.9.1 /you need to calibrate the battery. The calibration procedure is impossible to interrupt the reset. The procedure consists of three stages:
  • Charge after flashing the book up to 100 percent without having to remove it from the charging until it reaches 100 percent/ And the orange LED will turn off /
  • Then use the device in the normal mode to the full discharge of the battery (the emergence of cable icon requesting charge)/those. to disable the device /
  • Thereafter, again, charge of continuous charging to 100 percent.
Calibration is performed.
ONYX Russia @ 17.04.20, 18:10*
My friends, I repeat once fifteenth time. new firmware/2.1.2/change jobs battery controller. After the firmware is required, the calibration procedure. If this procedure you do not spend, spend, or wrong, or not until the end, will be the indicator is racing.

If everything is done as it is written, the charge will go slowly and evenly, as it should be.

On the basis of general guidelines for android-devices:Helper applicationfrom* cergor Preliminary comments: (Post cergor # 68774976) , (Post sky.view # 70062610) , (Post ink_01 # 70251902)

OReader, Alreader, Cool Reader, OPDS World, ONYX Cover - application developers with access to the SDK Onyx
OReader
Preset AlReader special version of the author's developer: to change the menu,muchreduced the available settings - Advanced settings of the added / returned in version 1.73;support for Snow Field version 1.7104210; Update regular image - install the application from the apk
- The latest version from the developer:
Alan @ 02.02.18, 01:54*
If your device can be upgraded orider - update here
http://alreader.com/do...lReaderT68-release.apk
cergor @ 15.05.18, 19:57*
<OReader 1.7504281>It causes an error when accessing the menu of Oridera<...>It appeared the methods associated with the new backlight (probably a model, which they plan to release).<...>it means stopping Oreader updates for all other previous readers<...>
the previous one, 100% working versionOReader 1.7503050.apk(8.53 MB)
cergor @ 02.08.2018, 17:23*
... I have launched the most extreme version<1.7507300>. Error, as usual, lies in the hands of the Chinese and curves in their SDK.<...>Catch. Signature changed to TestKey, so that a copy in system / app (root) instead of the current, or (if my firmware, installs simply, I turned off signature verification thereOReader_1.7507300_fix.apk
Alan @ 22.06.19, 16:42*
I would not recommend replacing the version oridera that comes in the firmware.
Alan @ 13.11.19, 00:41*
currently oriderom engaged exclusively in Chinese. I had nothing to add and not I correct.

AlReaderX
Alan @ 15.03.20, 17:37*
onyx problem is that what works today on this unit - not the fact that will work tomorrow on the same device with new firmware
AlReaderX

AlReader
there is support for the regular updating of the screen, there is no support for Snow Field; version for E-Ink different contrasting icons interface
Talk AlReader.
Important: when using in parallel with the current versions of OReader be small glitches in the shell - Developer's comments UPD:since version 1.87 (1,711,070) in AlReader disabled by default to interact with desktop ONYX. To turn on:Settings - view settings: all the features and settings; thensettings - fine tuning - iron setting and performance - Interaction with the ONYX launcher (to interact with desktop onyx, may cause conflicts with OReader)

Cool reader
Support for regular updating of the screen, paging buttons, as well as Snow Field since versionCoolReader 3.2.10. No interaction with the main screen launcher (not update the last open book). Install apk or universal version v7a.Discussion:Cool reader
We can recommend the experimental version ofplotn - see link in the header CoolReader topics

OPDS World
Separate from the OPDS-client* omega2008
OPDS World [EInk] - discussion | Presets and libraries settings

ONYX Cover
The app allows you to set the screen saver mode is off, the last book cover
Onyx Boox on Android - general questions (Post cergor # 72268522)

new library - the project is not brought to the release
The new library is being developed* grakovne - beta release

Applications Onyx International
boox Assistant
Transferring files and articles on the reader through the cloud. For readers with firmware that supports synchronization Boox account
https://www.boox.com/boox-assistant/ - Onyx Boox on Android - general questions (Post Tuychik # 96609114)

The "new" Dictionary Dict
Pre-installed dictionary shell of Onyx Int.
- from update.zip 1.8.2 2017-05-11 to Carta +dict-20400 _-_ 7226117.apk

Irrelevant
Neo Reader 2
Preset reader of Onyx Int. On the other devaysakh possible compatibility issues. No start-up icons*
- from update.zip 1.8.2 2017-05-11 to Carta +Neo Reader v2.0-5484 - e40f1c1.apk

ContentBrowser
Launcher - shell of Onyx Int. The latest official version is shown the dependence of the kernel and device model. Can be found in the update.zip \ system \ app \

Corporate app store E-Ink App Store
It becomes available from the list of applications when choosing a Chinese language interface reader
- Due to update.zip 1.8.2 2017-05-11 Carta +App_Store-3013 _-_ 7009614.apk

Previously used for individual file formats now includes not all firmware. Current versions of the developers will be different in functionality
Cool reader
MaudCool_Reader-3.1.1-5-805.apk
FBReader 1.67
FBReader events from Onyx developers Int .; Change the menu, there is support for the regular updating of the screen, there is no support for Snow Field
- From update.zip 1.8.2 2017-05-11FBReader-1.0.apk
- From update.zip 1.7.5_rcFBReader-1.6.7-106071.apk

Neo Reader
Onyx reader from the first version.It supports Adobe DRM
- from update.zip 1.8.2 2017-04-26 to CartaOnyx Neo Reader-22575 - b4b0e05.apk

Old Dictionary Onyx Dictionary
- from update.zip 1.7.5 cartaOnyxDict-release175carta.apk

* If the application does not launch icon to open it: a long tap on the book / file in a supported format - open with.

Fashion formal application
Application "System Update"
app from the* cergor for easy firmware upgrade and retrofit applications

Onyx Launcher Pack update
Modification firm shell with a plurality of enhancements

Production Test
Covert staff application for test hardware functions and settings VCOM
Onyx Boox on Android - general questions (Post cergor # 74515396)

ONYX Statistics
Running statistics if it is disabled in the new firmware - part functional Neo Reader.
ONYX Boox CAESAR 2 [Android] (Post cergor # 75476395)

Fashion party applications
Mod File Manager from * cergor File Manager + (Post cergor # 70782111)

Maud inkBOOK browser from * cergor (Post cergor # 69765729)

Maud Dropsync from * Elektronik_xxi Onyx Boox on Android - general questions (Post Elektronik_xxi # 69562561)

Maud GoldenDict
1.4.1* cergor Onyx Boox on Android - general questions (Post cergor # 71497628)
1.6.5 of the* Darkhorse GoldenDict (Post Darkhorse # 71597237)

Maud ColorDict from * cergor (Post cergor # 67340355)

Maud ButtonSavior from * cergor (Post cergor # 68531878)

Maud DisableServices from * cergor В® Disable Service (Fasting cergor # 64783010)

Applications available for installation from the Chinese E-Ink App Store
While almost all of the available 12 applications - in Chinese; exceptions:
Amazon Kindle
Amazon Kindle-4.10.0.87-1143472215.apk

Moon + Reader Pro
In the distributed version, maybe there is something malicious.report virustotal

The rest can be found here:http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pLuBJzP
The application of the Market, the use of which was subject to reviews
Readers
Alreader
FBReader
Moon + Reader
ZXReader

For pdf
EBookDroid
ezPDF Reader PDF Annotate Form
Orion Viewer

For images and comics
Perfect viewer
Comixology

Book services
Amazon Kindle
Bookmate
Google Play Books
Read! / Read! free (liters)
webnovel

Reading previously saved web materials
Instapaper
Pocket(Post Elektronik_xxi # 69562561)

Dictionaries
Goldendict
Lingvo

Synchronization, communication with the computer / other devaysa
Dropsync
Pushbullet -(Post Elektronik_xxi # 69562561)

Messengers
Plus Messanger - customer telegram(Post Elektronik_xxi # 69562561)
Telegram

Other
appsavagemessiahzine.com
Goodreads
GPlayer
ShareIT
spets.soft for the study of religious literature
Chess (example:chess - tactics and strategy )
Launcher'y to replace the standard shell
Relaunch
Without frills, but fast. Conveniently, if you frequently use a file manager, but it may need to be adjusted to fit your preferences
Talk onsavagemessiahzine.com, Comments:ONYX Boox Vasco Da Gama [Android] (Post Petrovitch2 # 61008541), (Post vadeus # 45770540) .

RelaunchX
Relaunch 1.3.8 development with an eye to the Onyx Boox Max. There is a code display unit. Screenshot
On page F-Droid

ADW.Launcher
Full-featured shell; you can set the minimalist theme
(Post doctor # 54936676).

E-Ink Launcher
Very simple application manager for E-Ink devices (not even sorting capabilities - just hide unnecessary). Integrated and accessible in two clicks a file manager (still in Chinese) and the FTP-server for the LAN
Page Chinese coolapk.comwith screenshots and a download button (green).author's page in the Chinese social network (?)

LitRes Launcher
It is not officially supported for a long time is not updated; functions are very limited.Homepage.

Nova launcher
Too, like, you can use
Fonts
Iron Modding

miscellanea
Cheyndzhlog versions 1.5-1.82, and even most living links to the latest firmware from the old international international sitein the Web archive
Poll results
Attached Image

The following percentages are counted properly - you need to see the number of responses
Attached Image

Post has been editedOptom - 30.05.20, 14:29

Invitation to participate in a mini-survey of* omega2008 Developer OPDS-client for Onyx Boox
omega2008 @ 04.10.17, 09:22*
Guys think a little bit to optimize their application for OPDS. I'm his lecturing hereOnyx Boox C67ML - Firmware (Post omega2008 # 47661246)Should in theory run on all eReader.
If such application is claimed I spread version as they develop. (Maybe even a separate topic)

Please click OK at the bottom if this is necessary, and if there is no bad. I will not write on other topics, but I would be grateful if you leave a link to the post in other similar topics, so I know the statistics and realized you need at all to someone or not.
Do not evaluate this message, and directlyOnyx Boox C67ML - Firmware (Post omega2008 # 65638671)

dan041080 @ 03.10.17, 22:18*
Of course a shame that after three months your reader is not in the final lineup.

Elektronik_xxi @ 04.10.17, 01:01*
with the pace, MC4) will be released after the new year)))

Imho first Darwins = 5 and 6)
Small-scale production =) There are models that were "relevant" only a few months. For example, Darwin 2.

IMHO reasons 2. Or marketers MC finally get a true assessment of supply and led away from the market model; or ended components for manufacturing.

But the consequences IMHO more interesting. I personally do not see anything wrong in that the device is quickly removed from the sales and sent to the archive. Their "support" does not stop there. Firmware updates are released for some time. But the quality of these upgrades - the question arises, whether they are necessary. In my memory, firmware only becomes less stable.

In the case of the top-end devices, of course, the user IMHO too quickly faints "novelty", "top" of the device. But at the same time, readers with larger screens are updated much less frequently than the available 6-dyuymovka.

In general, the only drawback for me: the new buyer to understand the model number of innovations and new generations of hard imho. Questions about the naming and the presence of almost complete analogy only complicate the problem.

Post has been editedOptom - 04.10.17, 12:45

With today's update for the withdrawal of the two Darwin Darwin 3 and 4, a day after the publication of - I have something new to think about whether MakTsentr ceased to test updates before publication ... Well, it was impossible not to notice severe artifacts when paging - that make the book unusable if included Snow Field ...

On the official forum:
Darwin 4, with the latest firmware completely broke down to hell. As already said above - artifacts when paging. The battery is not corrected. Junk your book. I was led on the cover, and now in rkah piece of garbage. And the money does not return, because it was hoped that "the battery be shaken" (yeah dude, in the court in 2017, but we sell junk). Battery rotten, and two weeks have passed. "Thanks!"

Post has been editedOptom - 04.10.17, 18:06

Rep: (1150)
Optom @ 04.10.17, 18:04*
I have something new to think about whether MakTsentr ceased to test the update prior to publication

A firmware because they lay 2.5 weeks, before putting some, judging by the date of its assembly.

Yes, they are at it withdrew from the site, but it is still given bydirect link. He pulled out launcher and rebuilt. Laid out in the firmware :)

* cergor, build date and the date of putting some they do not match.

* Optom, in August for Darvina4 they posted the 5th, if I remember correctly, and build date was 3rd. Then a couple of days just passed. Definitely not tested separately. Well, there might be little and poganyat)

Rep: (105)
Optom @ 4.10.17, 12:05*
If such application is claimed I spread version as they develop. (Maybe even a separate topic)

Maybe it would be in demand, if you understand why you need it. I installed it, but was unable to log flibuste ((

Rep: (480)
Elektronik_xxi @ 04.10.17, 17:38*
Maybe it would be in demand, if you understand why you need it. I installed it, but was unable to log flibuste ((

Do I understand correctly - public access to flibustu works properly, and in logn / password not?

Post has been editedomega2008 - 05.10.17, 02:38

Rep: (105)
omega2008 @ 5.10.17, 2:14*
Do I understand correctly - public access works properly, and in logn / password not?
not really. I did not understand until the end of this application, as I do not know its functionality.
I installed it, then ran and tried to add uchetku flibusty. But there was somewhere to be sent, and the home screen is nothing but the interface was not.

Niclaus @ 05.10.17, 01:57*
and the launcher is the same for all models, or different?

Well, not quite the same, of course. Or rather not :) But the same one that I rebuild for those who are my modified firmware, there it is the same one file for all - the differences are corrected within it and users are no longer visible. On their device, all will be as it has habitually

Posted on 05/10/2017, 03:57:

Elektronik_xxi @ 05.10.17, 02:59*
I installed it, then ran and tried to add uchetku flibusty. But there was somewhere to be sent, and the home screen is nothing but the interface was not.

Guys, here we have proramma author, he expresses a desire to prinmat active part in its development, if necessary. I think this program is still quite useful, if it bring to mind and get rid of the bugs. Well, so help him in this. I am ready to torment him and pobagreportit as builds release :)

* Optom, survey can be transferred here? Builds let too puts in a single message, and you link to it in a hat. Well, to really stop the usual topics of conversation in the product and piercings? Not to litter :)

ps I also began to try to write everything here. Well, almost all))))

Post has been editedcergor - 05.10.17, 04:03

* omega2008, there is a reasonable offer - when falling out eksepshenov, Stora trace a thread in the log. Just let it where you will save, and we would have attached here when something happens. It will be much more specific our descriptions of what happened;)

Well, Stora log in log_ddmmyyyy format. Therefore remove startup logs of the previous days, so as not to clog the device. Staff logroteyta the android does not provide such;)

omega2008 @ 05.10.17, 02:14*
Do I understand correctly - public access to flibustu works properly, and in logn / password not?

Elektronik_xxi @ 05.10.17, 02:14*
not really. I did not understand until the end of this application, as I do not know its functionality.

I think I understood what was going on!* Elektronik_xxi, correct me if I'm wrong;) If you enter the username: password staffing keyboard covers functional input button events end, such as "Save". When you click a physical reader "back" button, which usually means hiding in Android keyboard, or tapas in the open area of ​​the hide occurs add a directory dialog box.

The same thing on the second dialog box, when you need to edit the folder name and description.

Its conclusions are not centered on the screen dialog box, and on top - to hell with them, with the Gajda of Google;)

But I was able to add a directory and did reallyALL IS COOL!!!! I really liked it!

What is missing is the possibility to edit the catalog - because as I tried not to change anything when you add, and by default, all done.

Post has been editedcergor - 05.10.17, 04:40

* omega2008, And now the first criticism :) I found a book by clicking download. He writes "FB2 :: Downloaded". I click to open. Opens an empty ORider. I am where she could survive - nowhere to be found, neither in the journal boxes or downloads, or on a map or in memory. Repeat the procedure on the 0.5 second time to notice android fly out in error message with the test "cant't ..." (something not even have time to read).

I try a different book - download.

1. I would like a more informative and longer readable error message to understand what was going on.
2. I would like the button "Download immediately" (or its equivalent), what do I care and why should I choose the format if FB2 perfectly readable on our device and the rest I do not need.
3. It would be desirable to Ukrainian localization - but with this I can help you, tomorrow I'll send the files if you do not mind, I'll walk it :)
4. I would like to opt-in settings, where to save - the internal memory is not very comfortable place, especially to me, given that I reflash several times a day), but I have already written
5. We would like to choice the look directory, At least as a built-in file browser - cover, a detailed list with pictures and texts, a short list of only the names
6. Settings wants
7. Title BARA want - in my firmware vayfay cuts off almost perfectly on schedule, if you do not use - how to turn on me? Well, or call an vayf connection dialog. Although both without the "Home" button to return to the start? Back button flip multiple pages? ;)

Post has been editedcergor - 05.10.17, 05:17

* cergor, Thanks for the feedback.

1. Think about it how and where to store the log. It will report an error.
2. Perhaps it should be added in future settings. Type "default format of the book"
3. Ukrainian I'm good :) but I certainly will not give up on aid!
4. Yes, this is an important option, Wait all enchanted by my reader. By the way maybe because of this, and it does not load the book, unsure yet.
5. Hmm it can be done
6. Yes
7. You mean the system topbar? Or in the application itself. If the application itself, they even have an arrow back if pressed goes up a level, no matter which page is open.

Post has been editedomega2008 - 05.10.17, 05:28

omega2008 @ 05.10.17, 05:28*
7. You mean the system topbar? Or in the application itself. If the application itself, they even have an arrow back if pressed goes up a level, no matter which page is open.

Yes, the top bar where the Home button and the ability to incorporate vayfay. Because as you leaf through the latest books on the same flibuste, was away to brew tea, and writes that "there is no vayf" - and away we go flipping beg to exit the application and turn it on))))))

PS Well, since you are here - I can not immediately find, in one of those who once wrote that he has access to KFOR oniksovskogo launcher and he is ready to share the his. I glimpsed and then forgotten. The downloaded books do not appear in the native shell (library, the latter added to the home) as long as not to make a full rescan. You can dock with it and see how to add it? I'll try to look of course :(

Post has been editedcergor - 05.10.17, 05:35

cergor @ 04.10.17, 21:34*
PS Well, since you are here - I can not immediately find, in one of those who once wrote that he has access to KFOR oniksovskogo launcher and he is ready to share the his. I glimpsed and then forgotten. The downloaded books do not appear in the native shell (library, the latter added to the home) as long as not to make a full rescan. You can dock with it and see how to add it? I'll try to look for course

it was me

omega2008 @ 05.10.17, 05:37*
it was me
Well, that's fine, but then I started going to these all the topics and search :)

/ offtop* omega2008, saw you in Respect is very interesting and new softinu - useful to include a projector, it can even widgets can connect there - none of the other TV launcher can not :)

cergor @ 04.10.17, 21:51*
/ Offtop omega2008, noticed in your Respect is very interesting and new softinu - useful to include a projector, it can even widgets can connect there - none of the other TV launcher can not

If this did not drink from the framework of the can. And if you drank it did not help :)

PS
By the way you can check in their chitalke, the path where the downloaded books must now be
file: /// storage / emulated / 0 / Books / Subachev Irina D. / Will and razum.fb2.zip

That's how he is now being built:
// Build path
final String filePathString = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory (). getAbsolutePath ()
+ "/"
+ "Books"
+ "/"
+ Entry.getAuthors ()
+ "/"
+ entry.title
+ "."
+ OPDSBookType.getByMimeType (link.type) .toString (). ToLowerCase ()
+ (? OPDSBookType.isZippedContent (link.type) ".zip": "");

Post has been editedomega2008 - 05.10.17, 06:03

omega2008 @ 05.10.17, 05:56*
If this did not drink from the very framework that can

Yes vypilyano campaign, there firmware based on Android TV like. But nifiga do not understand, I did nothing to make out of the binary could not yet even rekaveri can be accessed only left podsunuv update and cause an error :(

Posted 05/10/2017, 6:07:

omega2008 @ 05.10.17, 05:56*
By the way you can check in their chitalke
Throw the link where to stick your build? Later ask Optom add to his cap

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 27/09/20, 10:28