Dock Samsung DeX, DeX Pad, analogues. | [other]

Rep: (283)
Docking Station Samsung DEX Station, DEX Pad, analogues.
DEX mode in Windows, DEX mode in MacOS.

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

<<<<<mini FAQ>>>>>

DEX (USB typeC - HDMI)
Short description

Docking Station Samsung DeX Station can turn your smartphone into a real computer. With its convenient remote assistance with your smartphone: edit documents, run programs, watch videos, answer to messengers - and all this using the keyboard, mouse, and full screen. Docking station is equipped with a large range of connectors: USB 2.0, Ethernet, USB Type-C and supports wireless charging smartphone. The station is designed for corporate use, easy to synchronize with office software and the Adobe series.

Technical data DEX mode

Output Current - 2.0A
Output voltage - 5.0V
Connection Interface - Type-C
The resolution at the DeX output is one - FullHD (1920 Г— 1080).
Additionally
Fast Charging - Yes
Wireless Charging - No
Black colour
Complete set - Multimedia docking station
Manufacturer - Samsung
Manufacturer code - EE-MG950BBRGRU
Warranty - 6 months

Compatibility:Phone list
  • Samsung Galaxy S 20/20 + / 20 Ultra
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10/10 +
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10/10 + 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy S 10e / 10/10 +
  • Samsung Galaxy S 10 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 9
  • Samsung Galaxy S 9/9 +
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 8
  • Samsung Galaxy S 8/8 +
  • Samsung Galaxy S 8 Active
  • Samsung Galaxy Fold
  • Samsung A90 5G

Compatibility:List of tablets
  • Samsung Tab S4
  • Samsung Tab S5e
  • Samsung Tab S6

Official Dex stations and accessories
  • EE-M5100
  • EE-MG950
  • EE-I3100
  • EE-HG950
  • EE-P5000

Third-party accessories

Useful links to accessories

DEX on Windows
Windows 7, 10

Windows 7 SP1 (SP1) or higher (32/64 bits)
- CPU: processor IntelВ® Core в„ў i3 at 2.4 GHz or higher (Recommended IntelВ® Core в„ў i5 with a frequency of 2.5 GHz or higher)
Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx CPU or more powerful version
- RAM 4 GB (recommended 8GB)
- Disk space: at least 500 MB (recommended)
- USB: Free Port USB 2.0 (recommended USB 3.0)
- Screen Resolution: 1024 Г— 768, 32 bits or higher
Note:

If your PC does not meet the minimum requirements, Samsung DeX may not work properly

Enabled phones

• Samsung Galaxy S 10 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 9
  • Samsung Galaxy S 9/9 +
  • Samsung Galaxy Fold

Download version DEX:

DEX on MacOS
MacOS

- OS: High Sierra (macOS 10.13) or the Mojave (macOS 10.14)
- CPU: IntelВ® Core в„ў i5 with a frequency of 2.5 GHz or higher
- RAM 4 GB (recommended 8GB)
- Disk space: at least 500 MB (recommended)
- USB: Free Port USB 2.0 (recommended USB 3.0)
Note:

If your PC does not meet the minimum requirements, Samsung DeX may not work properly

Enabled phones

• Samsung Galaxy S 10 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 9
  • Samsung Galaxy S 9/9 +
  • Samsung Galaxy Fold

Download version DEX:

Useful
Dex

Linux installation
https://www.linuxondex.com/Note9 and Tab S4
Linux on DeX input in Russian
Linux on 4pd
Running Linux programs in Android in a non-root desktop implementation -AndroPorts
Project linux on Dex closed!

Galaxy devices supported:
Android Oreo: Note9, Tab S4
Android Pie: Note9, S9 & S9 +, S10, S10e, S10 +, S10 5G, Tab S4, Tab S5e
Linux at the end of the DEX Beta
Thank you for your support for Linux on the DEX Beta. Linux development on Dex's all thanks to customer interest and valuable feedback. Unfortunately, we announce the completion of our beta program and will no longer provide support to future versions of the OS and devices.
DEX on Windows
DEX on MacOS

Topics Curator podolsk26
On filling caps, please contactQMS

Post has been editedpodolsk26 - 22.05.20, 07:47
Reason for editing: If a reboot phone when connected to a PC

Rep: (19)
Hello. The other day, too, bought dex. Plus 24-inch Samsung fhd ​​monitor, hdmi cable, logitech Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. All together cost in mvideo 19.000r

I set up and connected everything quickly, 5 minutes and everything is fine.
I spent another 5 minutes looking for how to add a second language to the physical keyboard and what combination to change. Swift + space.

I turn on the social network only through the browser, so that it would be full screen.

YouTube application is excellent and so you can deploy to full screen.

Docs via google docs. Everything is great too.

Photos and videos - everything looks comfortable and opens with regular applications with the ability to edit.
Photosop and td not yet set, but I plan the other day.

All notifications are like on the phone, everything comes and it is very cool.

Browser in phone mode and in dex using native beta. Very good and authorization on the retina, plus recently added night mode.

Mail is also native, but I also use Gmail in parallel in dex. All perfectly.

In general, completely replace the PC in almost all tasks, But -

All the fonts and partly the photos on the sites look like something unclear, cut and as if it is not very useful. There is a feeling as if it is Windows 3.1 .. Somehow the mouse does not move as well, although the speed is adjustable. It doesn’t bother much, but somehow it’s not so .. I called samsung yesterday, they said that dex should show that, well, and the monitor still needs to be moved further)

Maybe I'm just used to the high resolution of the phone and on such a big screen with fhd resolution everything is so striking?

Someone like? Maybe it was necessary to take a 4k monitor, or the hdmi cable is the most expensive?

Post has been editedIpetr-off - 17.08.17, 12:08
Reason for editing: Typos

Rep: (124)
Monique would love to take 4k. And in what resolution is the picture displayed due to blur interpolation?

* serraxer , Fhd, so said in support. Although the resolution in it is worth fhd, but in what goes to the monitor is not clear. And what will happen if you change the monitor to 4k?

It is a pity that there is no one to discuss these issues with anyone. Apparently you have to sell it all at half the price. No support, no one really knows anything, and the result of exploitation does not suit me. The graphics are kind of like the video card drivers are not on Windows, so everything looks like.

Rep: (181)
Something in general somehow has little information .. is it worth its money (10t.)? can some bullshit vparivayut with note 8? just to get rid of

* Aktai It is difficult to say exactly. Opportunity is all very close to the PC. The browser can be used in full, rather than the mobile mode, then everything is fine and fully functional. Keyboard shortcuts work for Copy / paste and so on. But with the size and resolution of the screen is not very .. Probably better not take fhd and 4k monitor, that's for sure. And it is not so big. I took a 24-inch and me this a lot, given that more than 30 cm away from you, I put aside it can not. And as accustomed to the ideal picture with consumption of any content on the s8 plus - fhd on the screen, but still close, it looks not really.

People, respond to someone monitor 4k - like a picture, fonts, icons and graphics in general?

Ipetr-off @ 08.24.17, 21:42*
Who has a monitor 4k - like a picture, fonts, icons and graphics in general?

best to look for those who have 2k monitor

* Aktai why not 4k?

* Ipetr-off,
C8 (+) / note8 smart screens have what resolution? ) above the monitor does not exactly make sense.
plus, it is not yet clear what version of hdmi is being used. above can not jump (

most importantly, on the tech. the moment, it is not clear what we are dealing with (what iron), what is ultimately expected of him.

Post has been editedAktai - 24.08.17, 16:47

* Aktai , this is understandable, but to view the video shot in 4k?

There is almost no difference in price, in the stores of such monitors from 27.000 on average and further on increasing.

So far no one has unsubscribed, unfortunately, we are waiting for people with different monitors and their observations.

* Ipetr-off,
https: //help.content.s…wJPEoxLOyjL9QL.wsite12
Can I play video in 4K resolution?

No, it is not possible to play video in 4K resolution in Samsung DeX.
To play video in 4K resolution, go to Screen Mirroring mode.

To enter Screen Mirroring mode, follow these steps:
- In the smartphone settings application, go to the “Settings” menu>“Connections”>“Advanced Connection Settings”>“HDMI Mode” and select Screen Mirroring.
- Select Screen Mirroring in the notification area at the bottom right of the screen.

Posted 08/24/2017 16:56:

in 2k it makes no sense, not to mention 4k :)
Why does the image on the screen look fuzzy?

Samsung DeX officially supports Full HD monitors (16: 9, HDMI). If your monitor only supports resolutions below Full HD or is faulty, the Samsung DeX screen may not look clear. Check the resolutions supported by your monitor.

Post has been editedAktai - 24.08.17, 16:53

* Aktai , thank! Missed this moment. Then I don’t see any sense in changing the monitor.

Put the program from Adobe for photo retouching - work fine.

Rep: (160)
By the way, fast charging on the phone when using DEX is possible only if your charger issues 12v 2.1a, the standard ep-ta20 charging the phone does not supply and only slow charging is available and Samsung only has one charge
ep-ta300, which is not officially supplied to Russia .. This is how the Males launch a device on the market without the necessary charger ..

Rep: (4)
I have a question for the happy owners, how do the toys work on this device (like Future Fight)?
Has anyone tried to connect movies from the phone on TV, how does it work, is it buggy, or is it normal?
Did they try to install emulators like Dandy / Sega, does the dock see the djosties?

For absolutely perverts (like me) a question, did someone try to pair the dock with adapters with older monics via WCDI?

Thanks in advance!

Post has been editedNesis - 25.08.17, 15:57

* Nesis , video - yes, everything is fine, if you don’t sit very close to the screen) and the movies haven’t tried the games either.

In order to connect the physical keyboard to the dex - it is necessary to select both used languages ​​in the physical keyboard settings. Here I made screenshots directly from dex and do not forget, switching layouts through shift-space.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Posted on 08/28/2017, 15:53:

By the way, I noticed - which shortcuts I brought to the desktop - so they will remain after disconnecting from dex and rebooting - very convenient.

Rep: (1)
* Ipetr-off , on screenshots everything looks great, fonts, icons

Rep: (156)
As far as I understand, the font on the LCD monitor screen will look perfect only if the physical resolution of the monitor coincides with the resolution of the image displayed on it.

* Shadow , I agree. Now, once again, he called in support of samsung, and they accurately confirmed that the optimal monitor is fhd.

Here today again dex used a couple of hours. Photo edited, mail, sites, youtube, video from the camera, calendar, and so on. Plus in the admin site edited. I'm starting to get used.) Just in another place imac with good resolution, after it all seems not so clear, especially up close.

Post has been editedIpetr-off - 28.08.17, 19:34
Reason for editing: Typo

Rep: (0)
In spoilers: (device description) supports wireless charging. And in (device characteristics), wireless charging is not. How so? And what is really there?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 13/07/20, 17:43