Plaza, shopping centers, supermarkets, shops from all over the world | Photo reports or simply selections of beautiful / interesting places of trade.

Rep: (8519)
Today, off-line stores are going through hard times due to the dominance of online stores.
Many brands go out of business, unable to withstand price competition with eBay and other gray internet market platforms.
In my memory, separate branches of the brands Circuit City, Comp USA, HHgreg, Sport Authority, K-Mart, Ames have already closed.

Let this branch preserve the memory of interesting shopping and entertainment centers, malls and simply large stores.
While they are still there ...

Comments on the photo are welcome, but not required. No politics, national hostility, personal assaults.

We hide the photo under the spoilers, a lot of background information too.

How to hide under spoiler

Photos can be taken using any technique and can be "as is" or processed.
All other rulessavagemessiahzine.comalso respected.

Post has been editedslavar1 - 21.08.17, 04:30
Reason for editing: spoiler manual

The competing stores Lowes and Home Depot are very similar in both subject and price.
Home Depot leads slightly. But both of them are the largest in the United States in this industry (home improvement = home repair).
Both are available in Canada and Mexico. They have outdoor and indoor pavilions.

In both Lowes and Home Depot, you can return your purchase within 90 (!) Days.
Therefore, the workers, together with the owners, come to the store and, almost without thinking, throw stuff on trolleys,
and then after the repair they come with long checks and return everything that they have accumulated excess. Sometimes it’s dozens of positions.
This is very convenient since there is such a whistle with size and thread that even experienced craftsmen can make mistakes by eye.
It’s easier to take and try on at home.

In order not to repeat myself, I will show the inner pavilion from Lowes and the outer from Home Depot.
This is far from all, did not remove all sorts of building materials, parts and tools.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

I look, there was a spring cleaning! Even my some posts swept away.
Well, that means a topic under vigilant control. Thanks to the moderator (s)! :): i-m_so_happy:

------------------

Office supplies store Staples.

Its main competitor is Office Depot. They are very similar, now swear, then try to merge.

A feature of these stores is an early start of work - at 8 in the morning.
Typically, non-food stores start working at 10 in the morning.
When the famous "black" sales occur, these stores can start working even at 6 am.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

The Container Store.

Attached Image

For many years I did not go into it, but it turned out that this is a very useful store and it is succeeding.
It sells all kinds of plastic boxes for storage, crafts or hobbies, large
boxes and all kinds of organizers for the kitchen, bathroom, offices, workshops, etc.

Attached Image
Attached Image

I visited the store at a bad time - they were reorganized there and many sections were inaccessible
or all the boxes were dumped on the floor. But you can get a general idea.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Iranian supermarket Yekta.

It is small, so they call themselves "supermarket" very loudly.
I go there (since it is next to the Russian store) for pastries, seeds for my wife and only there you can buy cherry jam (and it is in a large assortment).
Nearby they recently made Kabobi Restaurant

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

The rest of the goods (sometimes Russian canned food, such as pickled "aunt Sonya" pickles, can also be caught among them)

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Great weekend review ... for techies.

Harbor Freight Tools.

A few years ago, few people knew him, for example, in my state there was only one store.
People usually bought the instrument at Home Depot and paid twice as much.
Now in my state there are already 3 such stores, and around the country 100 stores are added every year.
Total now there are 700 of them. The quality is Chinese, but even professionals in it buy a tool,
very good prices due to the fact that the store purchases goods directly from factories.
Often there are sales and prices are very significantly reduced, and for members of the club also supersales.

In the early years, on their website you could only watch the goods, but you had to buy
in the store itself. Now you can order online with delivery in the country.

There will be 3 posts 16 + 17 + 17 photos. A lot of photos have already been deleted, this is after selection.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

P2

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

p3

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

have a nice weekend

Department store of cheap goods Target. Second largest after world famous Walmart

Attached Image

It has everything - clothes and household appliances and a pharmacy (including prescriptions) and food.

An interesting feature is the escalator - separately for people and separately for their carts.
That is, you can not limit yourself to one floor if you are with a trolley.

Attached Image

Prescription drug department

Attached Image

Some other species

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Cheap Furniture Store Bob's Discount Furniture

(I plan to do a big review of a very large store of expensive furniture for the weekend).

This is a somewhat unusual store.

Company founder Bob Kaufman came to this business through his disability.
40 years ago, he crashed on a motorcycle and used a water bed for his rehabilitation.
Soon he decided to make and sell them, and then he turned to ordinary furniture.
At the initial stage, various sponsors helped him, and later he already did
all kinds of donations to nursing homes, shelters (gave them sleeping furniture, pillows, etc.).

Attached Image
Attached Image

In the photo on the right you can see Bob's mannequin collecting donations for the needy.

Now there are 76 such stores in the country. This level and fewer furniture stores can be counted
more than fifty names only, the competition is very strong. It remains surprising that the store is still in
business and still makes donations. Several types:

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Golf Galaxy Store (part of the huge (600+ stores) Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc.).

Everything for golf, including clothes.

For some reason, it is designed as a factory floor - open air ducts, beams, but this is such a style in all stores of this brand.

This division is not in all states and in all 82 stores in the country.
Wealthy people play golf, so discounts here may sound something like this: "get $ 100 off when your purchase is $ 500 or more."
Trade is going well since golf in the United States is addicted to 25 million, both men and women. There’s even a special golf tv channel,
and it works around the clock.

Gift cards for this store do not have an expiration date.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Marshalls Cheap Clothing Store.

It practically does not differ in price and topic from another of the same TJ Max (or TJX) or Ross (where many Russian sellers work).
In addition to clothes there you can buy kitchen utensils, dishes, bedding and any decor. Halloween eve is herefearfullya good choice. :)

Sometimes in these three stores one could find some “Russian†goods and clothes. In Marshalls, I saw Russian chess sets.
In TJ Max, for example, I once bought Soviet crystal glasses with the label "Made in USSR". And in Ross I saw bike shirts from Ukraine.

But basically Marshalls is clothes. Particularly large branches can be called Marshalls Mega Store. There are branches in Canada.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Trader Joe's grocery store.

Founded 60 years ago and named after the Norman founder Joe Coulombe.
But for the last 40 years, a German family has owned it.

The store has an interesting set of products, which differs in many respects from ordinary supermarkets
assortment and lack of any additives and food colors.
An interesting selection of coffee beans, lumpy Belgian chocolate (including white).

The choice of canned fish was also different from ordinary supermarkets, but this time I
something didn’t see them at all ... An excellent choice of all kinds of dragees from berries and nuts in chocolate.
Recently, a pet department has also appeared.

All sorts of fruit and berry cakes for the holiday table I usually buy in this store.

10 years ago, the store succumbed to temptation and began to bargain with products from China,
but after an alarming reaction from customers, he removed these products from their shelves.

The number of stores in the country is approaching 500. In my state there are eight of them.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Furniture store expensive furniture Marlo.

As it is written at the entrance - the largest in my state.
And this is only a showroom, that is, only samples - only one at a time.

As a rule, after paying for the order, furniture is just starting to be made.
It rarely happens that expensive furniture is waiting in a warehouse.
Although, if the buyer refused, then this could very well be.

Such a buyer, for example, was me ...

When we had a housewarming party, we decided to buy a buffet and a guest dining room.
table in this store. We were warned that the order could take 3-4 months.
It was summer, before the New Year it was another 5 months and we agreed to wait.

4 months passed, but the furniture was never brought (from Sweden, it seems), they were waiting
another month and went looking in another store since it was already December ...

In the room where Bob's discount furniture is currently located, it’s just
another store went bankrupt (I don’t remember its name) and there was a sale of its samples.
There we bought the whole headset and after a couple of days (it is very fast) we received it.

And in Marlo, of course, they canceled the order through their fault. They persuaded us not to do this and even suggested
a discount of $ 500, but the "train is gone." 18 years have passed since then, and we at Marlo never do that again.
weren’t very angry with them, now they just came to take a picture of him.
Since then, much has changed here.
There are more large halls (as in 1 post) and fewer closed corners - no corners,
decorated as separate rooms, there are fewer guest headsets, as we were then looking for.
And I don’t remember that there used to be children's furniture. The sellers sat calmly and did not pester us.

But anyway, it was like taking pictures from furniture, even after deleting more than a third of the pictures,
Now I can hardly fit into 3 messages (there will be 20 photos each).

1/3

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

2/3 (upholstered furniture)

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

3/3

children's furniture (9)

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

and the last, different (11)

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (54)
Odessans presented the first in the city of Le Silpo, located on Genoese street. The premium delicacy market of the all-Ukrainian network is distinguished by the high quality of products from its own import, among Ukrainian manufacturers and suppliers. The 70% range of products consists of premium products - from fresh-frozen caviar from Alaska to dishes and toothpaste, and in the culinary department you can always find fresh seasonal dishes.

One of the photos shows whiskey for a million hryvnias.
Dollar 26.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

* Shark XL,

thanks a lot, it’s very interesting for me since I lived in Odessa for almost 40 years,
and in the region of Arcadia all the relatives of his wife lived. So I remember the area quite well.
I must download all the photos.

This chic Le Silpo, as I understand it, was placed in the building where the Arcadia Hotel was (and is it?)?

The mother-in-law lived in the house where the Shady shop was on the ground floor, now it seems to be
in the supermarket "Kopeyka" redid. If you will ever be in it, please take a couple of photos from the inside.

P.S: I read additional information - all in all, now (in) Ukraine there are 4 Le Silpo (Kiev, Dnipro, Kharkov, Odessa).

Le Silpo - delicacy markets for true gourmets and connoisseurs of quality products.
The first Le Silpo was opened in 2012.
The average sales area of ​​Le Silpo is about 1,500 square meters. m, the range is focused on customers
with a high income and 70% consists of premium goods from the best manufacturers from more than 100 countries.
In addition, these supermarkets are characterized by stylish design and premium equipment.

Rep: (54)
Slavar1 @ 09/02/17, 18:45*
The mother-in-law lived in the house where the Shady shop was on the ground floor, now it seems to be
in the supermarket "Kopeyka" redid. If you will ever be in it, please take a couple of photos from the inside.

This is another building, next to an Uzbek restaurant, if you remember.
Arkady is actively building up, is not the same. o.O

Everywhere closes my favorite RadioShack ...

Of course, they themselves are to blame - they had everything at an exorbitant price, but somehow they held on.
But the Chinese on the Internet finished them off.
Now, if a simple part is urgently needed, then there will be nowhere to take it.
And I often bought birthday presents there.
About 20 years ago, one could see serious short-wave devices, etc.
In recent years, only power supplies, smartphones, RC models, a simple tool, cables.
The most popular radio components and materials.

RadioShack could be located on malls, then its premises were small and narrow.
Or in a separate pavilion, then it was several times larger.
The first two photos are mine (old), the other two are already from the Internet since I was late ...

Attached Image

It is a pity, the kingdom of heaven to him ...: rolleyes:

Wild bird center

A rather rare store (there are only 30 in the country), I spent 20 minutes in it,
I talked with the saleswoman, and during this time none of the buyers appeared. Everything is expensive.
It is interesting for its variety of all feeders and bird houses.

I bought in it (purely to support the saleswoman) some berry granules for birds,
none of our birds ate them for two days, squirrels and chipmunks also ignored. Then they suddenly disappeared.
They poured more, while we still figure out who we feed ...

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image