Archer C7 - Discussion | Wi-Fi Router

Rep: (1)
TP-Link Archer C7 (AC1750 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router)- Discussion
Wi-Fi Router 802.11a / b / g / n / ac | 2.4GHz frequency (450Mbit \ s) | 5GHz frequency (1300Mbit \ s) | LAN 4x1000Mbit \ s | USB 2x2.0 type A |

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoilerPicture

Specifications
HARDWARE CHARACTERISTICS
Interface 4 LAN ports 10/100/1000 Mbit / s
1 10/100/1000 Mbps WAN port
2 USB 2.0 ports
Buttons WPS / Reset Button
Wireless on / off button (wireless on / off)
Power On / Off Button
External power supply 12 V DC / 2.5 A
Dimensions (WxLxH) 243 x 160.6 x 32.5 mm
Antenna type 3 removable 5 GHz antennas with 5 dBi gain (RP-SMA)
3 internal 2.4 GHz antennas

PARAMETERS OF WIRELESS MODULE
IEEE 802.11ac / n / a wireless standards for 5 GHz frequency
IEEE 802.11b / g / n for the 2.4 GHz frequency
Frequency range (receive and transmit) 2400-2483.5 MHz
5150-5350 MHz
5 GHz transmission speed: up to 1300 Mbps
2.4 GHz: up to 450 Mbps
Sensitivity (reception) 5 GHz пјљ
11a 6 Mbps -96 dBm
11a 54 Mbps: -79 dBm
11ac HT20: -71 dBm
11ac HT40: -66 dBm
11ac HT80: -63 dBm
2.4 GHz
11g 54M: -77 dBm
11n HT20: -74 dBm
11n HT40: -72 dBm
EIRP (Wireless Power)<20 dBm or<100 mW
Wireless functions Enable / disable wireless broadcast, WDS bridge, WMM, wireless connection statistics
Wireless Security Encryption Modes: 64/128-bit WEP, WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK

CHARACTERISTICS OF SOFTWARE
QoS (data prioritization) WMM, bandwidth control
WAN connection type Dynamic IP / Static IP / PPPoE /
PPTP (Dual Access) / L2TP (Dual Access) / BigPond
Management Access Control
Local management
Remote control
DHCP server, client, list of DHCP clients,
address reservation
Port Forwarding Virtual Server, Port Triggering, UPnP, DMZ
Dynamic DNS DynDns, Comexe, NO-IP
VPN traffic pass PPTP, L2TP, IPSec
Access Control Parental Control, Local Management Control, Node List, Scheduled Access, Rules Management
Network security (firewall) Protection against DoS attacks, SPI firewall, filtering by IP address / MAC address, domain name, binding by IP and MAC address
Protocols Supports IPv4 and IPv6
Shared via USB Support Samba (storage device) / FTP server / media server / print server
2.4 GHz guest network guest network
one 5 GHz guest network

OTHER
CE, FCC, RoHS certification
Package Archer C7
3 removable antennas
Power adapter
Ethernet cable
Quick Setup Guide
System Requirements Microsoft Windows 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista в„ў or Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10
MAC OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux
Environmental Parameters Operating Temperature: 0 в„ѓ - 40
Storage temperature: -40 в„ѓ - 70 в„ѓ
Operating Humidity: 10% - 90%, without condensation
Humidity during storage: 5% - 90%, without condensation
Firmware
Dumps
Attached fileРЎ7V2.zip(8.95 MB)
Useful

Post has been editedstp101 - 15.10.20, 13:47
Reason for editing: Dump Archer c7 v5

Rep: (22)
* Spec_spb,
In general, by some miracle, at 100 / FD is switched off, but the Use anticipation window of the last native flew and started up)
Thanks for the help)
It remains to choose any firmware to version 5 without any bells and whistles, but it does not brake) I will try later)

Rep: (41)
* brody,
strange situation .... maybe there are some problems with the flash at the router ...: russian_ru:
..nu or is it something you do not do so;)

Brody @ 23.08.20, 16:07*
flashed the last runoff and only received a glowing light bulb power)

so who does that, so I sat there for three days at the Open often fell off l2tp decided to return the stock, how is honored and found stripped firmware and norms for the day, "a single tear." I set for adblocka generally not

Rep: (14)
I was just on the OpenWRT + Adblock + Stubby sat. Breed freewheeling overclocked to 1GHz. Uptime for months and still buzzing. I have really no L2TP. Now Archer C7 v1.1 as a backup router gathering dust ... He wanted a more powerful and more RAM for the same adbloka

Post has been editedtreatorc - 26.08.20, 07:03

* effectmaster,
all the same there is a cap ....
Archer C7 - Discussion

Just do not cut off - just swing with the TP-Link website and rename it ArcherC7v5_tp_recovery.bin sew ....

or so
Archer C7 - Discussion

* effectmaster,
if you burn only the arrow, then check whether the open-browser 192,168,0,1 ... (after turning the router try to wait a minute 3-5-10)
..if not, you already need a cable to connect to uart ... and another solder bridge ....

ZY.nu and check again that everything is properly done by the first method tftp ...
the NIC prescribes 192,168,0,66
disable all fairvol / antivirus
run tftp
to set up tftp 192.168.0.66 listened
off to reset the router _zazhimaem_
We turn on the router
5-7-10sek forward.
release the reset
We look at what is happening in the log tftp

Rep: (13)
This model came out in 2017 and updated firmware only - V1, V2, .. V5 - right? Or they are not only different firmware versions, but also on iron and opportunities? Do great chance now to buy an older model such networks as the CSN, M-Video, Eldorado ??

Rep: (26)
* zegnus,
V1..5 - this iron audit. And not always newer revision is better.

Rep: (76)
zegnus @ 30.08.20, 8:17*
Do great chance now to buy an older model such networks as the CSN, M-Video, Eldorado ??
No, it is very small. In April prosherstit Internet-shops in the Rostov region - all offered only v4 (If you specify a revision), with 2 USB (what I needed!). CSN was the most affordable. When he came to buy - "just v5 (with one USB: censored:) or bring down otsedova ..." I had to buy more USB-hub with an external power supply (+ 2 month order / import). In my "village", and glad of it.

zegnus @ 30.08.20, 8:17*
but also hardware and software capabilities?
"As iron" - a regular user (if only the 'Net was) not notice. "Opportunity" -(If you will)Only in v5 there is support for mesh-networking.

Post has been editedtoy2 - 30.08.20, 11:52

* toy2,
* -error, Thank you. During the summer there were several outages due to lightning - there were blunted with an Internet service provider and said changing the router. Now I looking puzzled.

Rep: (2)
@zegnus - No, wrong:

V1 (2013):https: //wikidevi.wi-ca...TP-LINK_Archer_C7_v1.x- 8 MB flash (problems with OpenWRT), 3 built-in antennas for the 2.4 GHz, 3 external (removable) antennas for 5 GHz band, toggle Wi-Fi On / Off, 2 ports USB 2.0, in the original firmware (do not know the truth, to what kind - not used), you can change the regions, and therefore the number of channels, and the signal strength, the WPS and Reset in one button, the CPU - Qualcomm Atheros QCA9558 (720 MHz).

V2 (2014):https: //wikidevi.wi-ca...TP-LINK_Archer_C7_v2.x- 16 MB flash (excellent for OpenWRT), 3 built-in antennas for the 2.4 GHz, 3 external (removable) for the 5 GHz band, toggle Wi-Fi On / Off, 2 ports USB 2.0, in the original firmware to 3.14.3, you can change the regions, and thus the number of channels, and the signal strength, the WPS and Reset in one button, the CPU - Qualcomm Atheros QCA9558 (720 MHz).

V3 (2015):https: //wikidevi.wi-ca...TP-LINK_Archer_C7_v3.x- the same thing and V2.

V4 (2016):https: //wikidevi.wi-ca...TP-LINK_Archer_C7_v4.x- antenna only external (removable) for both bands, no switch Wi-Fi On / Off, a different location indicators, a different interface (factory firmware demon change regions), 2 ports USB 2.0, WPS - button, the Reset - hole CPU - Qualcomm's Atheros QCA9563 (750 MHz).

V5 (2017):https: //wikidevi.wi-ca...TP-LINK_Archer_C7_v5.x- antenna only external (non-removable) for both bands, no switch Wi-Fi On / Off, a different location indicators, a different interface (factory firmware demon change regions), 1 USB 2.0 port, the WPS - button, the Reset - hole CPU - Qualcomm's Atheros QCA9563 (750 MHz).

* Grakch, Thank you. Very informative. A custom firmware something serious yield advantage of the functionality of, or something else?

Certainly given, but this is a book to write. In my opinion worth a closer look to the OpenWRT and Gargoyle - when it comes to Archer C7 V2 or C5 V1.2 (they are the same for internal). Polish site everything is fine cast, including firmware and all the necessary information. But this is - on the Polish ...
https://eko.one.pl/?p=openwrt-luci
https://eko.one.pl/?p=openwrt-gargoylepl
The C7 (since I have two of them) I use as factory 3.14.3. All of the following, in my view, far too painful cut. This applies to all revisions of the second router (= third).

Post has been editedGrakch - 30.08.20, 20:23

Rep: (7)
Grakch @ 30.08.20, 20:22*
too painfully curtailed

For instance? What cut?

The same choice in the region, and hence a smaller channels and with the power of the signal does not experiment (all of this, as a rule, it is in the custom firmware). And then, in order to return, for example, with the latest firmware 3.15.3 (for C7 V2), without the TFTP not do. But the pullback in the C7 and C5 V2 V1.2 is fairly simple and painless.

Post has been editedGrakch - 30.08.20, 21:16

Rep: (0)
You need to configure the router for the archer C7 Rostelecom PPPoe Internet, home use. Faced with the problem, which have been unable to find an answer. Actually, there is a disconnection, when you play in the first COP. Called in mercury, 1 time helped to clear the cache, said the trouble with the ports was, after 2 days back problem. I do not know what to do, and all tried. Wiring plan, the house comes cord pm, from it to the Switch with Svicha has been going on for 2 2 cable router, one 4G keenetic, second tp-link archer C7.
It is also noted that if used torrent rate remained stable at around 30-40 Mbytes / s. 11 GB flown for 15 minutes while the physical speed of the stated Internet 100 Mb / s, there is a twisted pair that has capacity to 1 GB / s, the speed somehow limited artificially by RT, with the torrent this constraint can not be possibly for normal surf the net it can also be circumvented. Another article, with 1 username in the house you can sit on several routers and different apartments, provided that the power cord is connected to the communicator RT. In general, so many questions and so few answers, looking for spices, someone who can help solve the problem of "ports" and a break in the game connection. The connection breaks in the first 6-7 rounds, then it is stable. And the bonus may help circumvent the limit of 100 MB / s, the contractual budget, but will not hurt you to help, by the way used Yandeks.DNS and IPv6, and more, may think that I am meanie but a single tariff at RT with only these accidents 100 Mbit / s

Rep: (15)
It was keenetic giga. Very, very first. There is not even a second wi fi range. I satisfy my simple needs at 100. Especially after the media server function and network drive took over nas.
Well, except that penetration is not enough. In the back room wi fi it was no (to the limit).
But the time has come and gone on the subject rainbow.
If the budget was laid by the purchase of the router - I would again took Giga (purely due to the fact that I know her).
In general, after combing the Internet decided to take archer c7.
What do you think? Not lost?
I have something special is not necessary from the glands.
But I would like to grade.
That has worked for many years and it was necessary to restart very rarely (keenetic I rebooted - a maximum of once every six months).
Can I wait on c7 same?

p.s. If we sum up - my requirements to the router as follows:
- a hassle-free connection to Rostelecom through PPPoE. As well as connecting to rostelekomovskomu ip tv.
- reliability and rare reboot.
- the ability to pass through itself the data streams with the total bit rate of at least 300 - 500 Mbit / s.
Those. it is not the value of the flow through a single interface, and the amount of flow through all interfaces.

C7 can give me all this?

Post has been editedalexis69 - 06.09.20, 10:40
Reason for editing: Refinements

Rep: (34)
* alexis69,
alexis69 @ 06.09.2020, 10:12*
It was keenetic giga.

It's like "I had a Mercedes, and I decided to buy a tune," because it can go?

Rep: (22)
FedorinoFF @ 06.09.20, 12:27*
It's like "I had a Mercedes, and I decided to buy a tune," because it can go?

If I change to E220 1985 release, and the new West will be much better.

I have two years working at home a subject, covering all the requirements for home routers without question.
The only thing that I did not leave the desire to sew it on OpenWRT, to put bannerorezku and not worry about the found holes in the firmware the manufacturer that two years is not updated.
Stops only encrusted with experience, "works - do not touch."

* alexis69,
has operated for several s7v5 - operate under openwrt about a year without glitches ...
natyat one thread, if a Soft / Hard flow, at 90MB / s .... if not, then just 50MB / s ...

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 22/10/20, 9:50