Testing the speed of the Internet mobile operators

Rep: (697)
Colleagues, in order to stop the discussion on the theme "one long wave ..." and put an end to the issue of the best high-speed Internet, at least for Moscow
I invite all activists with the status is offline make joint velocity measurements in several districts of Moscow before the end of this summer!

As the representatives of the operators present at the forum, we will determine the place spontaneously in the measurement day, the operators are not warning in advance and did not open the channel width in the testing period.
Thus the velocity will identify the operators, who will check the working frequency aggregation, and one only on paper.
For its part, provided for measuring sim card most operators and equipment for measurement, including aggregation of up to 11 categories.

If you have any suggestions, I will be glad to hear ..

In the future, if all goes well and everyone will like it, we will conduct similar measurements with putting the results on a regular basis with some frequency (eg once a year or half a year ...)
Just can catch regions to organize something similar in their own cities.

Why I propose joint testing, so it is that there is no bias and the result has been confirmed by several influential people on the forum!

In general, Welcome to my Blog! : Thank_you:

Post has been editedctich - 27.09.18, 10:01

Rep: (48)
Why to Moscow? Peter also wants to: D

samur005 @ 22.07.17, 18:21*
Why to Moscow? Peter also wants

We will be happy if Peter will join. : Clap:
For that matter, the idea is to check all of the Russian Federation.
The main thing that people of the subjects were interested by 2 persons (or better from 3) with a reputation in the forum, with equipment and ability to do the testing!

Post has been editedunlochka - 22.07.17, 18:32

Rep: (73)
There are a lot of nuances ... In his spare from the rest))) time with pleasure to share our views. :) Yes, at least tomorrow evening))

Post has been editedantmur - 22.07.17, 18:56

Rep: (43)
unlochka @ 22.07.17, 17:54*
that there was no bias and the result has been confirmed by several influential people online now

Yeah. We begin to be measured by the authorities? : Wallbash:

Post has been editedskvore4nick - 22.07.17, 19:51

skvore4nick @ 22.07.17, 19:51*
We begin to be measured by the authorities

:) it meant that it would be good oldies Forum participated in the test.

unlochka @ 22.07.17, 19:56*
good to old people participated in the online test

Immediately limitation. For what? I propose to develop a manual for the measurement. This is the first thing that should be on everyone equally. Well - circuit verification data provided. Then you can put a note "Not confirmed X days" and, as a result, cut and obvious fakes bias. It's great to simplify all meryalschikam life and then there will be no matter who and how long is present at the forum.

Yes, please let all involved. I do not mind. I speak for myself, if the forum to write people with 1 post, I might be suspected of bias. And if the "veteran", I'll take more confidence. Technique, of course it is necessary to work out. For this and listen to everyone.

unlochka @ 22.07.17, 20:05*
if the forum to write people with 1 post, I might be suspected of bias

Of course. And therefore required a clear and unequivocal statement! For example: screen measurement must necessarily contain location data - width + longitude. Then any other person passing this place by accident, or specifically go there - "out of curiosity", will be able to repeat the figures in the measurement or disprove them.

In general - pilshite,unlochka ! Since a penny, as they say. And wepokritikuemsupplement;)

Post has been editedskvore4nick - 22.07.17, 20:15

skvore4nick @ 22.07.17, 20:10*
And therefore required a clear and unequivocal statement! For example: screen measurement must necessarily contain location data - width + longitude. Then any other person passing this place by accident, or specifically go there - "out of curiosity", will be able to repeat the figures in the measurement or disprove them.

Binding to the measuring point will definitely be. This parameter is required.
As for the "write ..." I'm not hard to do it, but then the entire chip is lost ... It is necessary, in my opinion, at the same time that there were a few people, then there is no reason to criticize: D
And it's not in me, as I would like to see an objective picture of all the regions of the Russian Federation. So there is reason to take part to all interested participants of the forum.

Post has been editedunlochka - 22.07.17, 20:40

Rep: (63)
The idea horoshaya.Zamery will be on the street? After all, the houses (apartments), the situation is more complicated.
I, for example, in the country (region) in the house, MegaFon provides a 3G network, and MTS and Beeline only edgy.Na same street, and in some places, MTS and Beeline bit better. Where live in (spot metering apartment), 4G MegaFon catches for 75%, MTS and Bilayn- by 10-25%.
However, I use only 3G from MTS (bezlimitische) unnecessarily. 100% coverage of the standard speed is almost delivers solid 4g as but with a lower coating.

For an overall picture, of course, and the results will be quite street.

Yeah, we can provide the main froze on the street and an extra-in the building.

Post has been editednerixfine - 22.07.17, 21:03

nerixfine @ 22.07.17, 20:56*
Measurements will be doing on the street? After all, the houses (apartments), the situation is more complicated.

Everything is in our hands, the majority decides to do so. For an overall picture, of course, and the results will be quite street.

Rep: (9)
What you need to start at the club "gager"? Sam is just an application for transfer to the Mega MTS wrote here and find out for yourself the right thing or not.

Honecker @ 22.07.17, 21:17*
What you need to start at the club "gager"?

To write an application and sign it. Blood: D

Must be installed on the device interesuschie measurement control program with mandatory display of coordinates and, preferably - built-in card and the display of the model. Exactly - not Ookla Speedtest, because the developers have repeatedly seen in the assistance of operators and vendors. In the next topic I recommend Sensorly, but there are more similar.

Further - produce velocity measurements in 3G networks and 4G / LTE: a minimum of 10 measurements in each mode every 5 minutes. Of course - where it is possible and convenient. I suspect that there will be one-time tests - where a person is in short intervals. Then decide how to label and organize these "birds".

Just do not hurt to pour and evaluation of employees salons. Still I do not fully understand how, because, so far - only coverage map.

I think that in a year will begin to form a map of the real cover. Yes, yes - the most full-card in the form of full-scale multi-layer image with entitlements, as expected, legendirovaniem and typing. Then it is definitely not wriggle operators: kindness:

Post has been editedskvore4nick - 22.07.17, 22:55

Honecker @ 22.07.17, 21:17*
What you need to start at the club "gager"

the main desire! ;)
In our regiment arrived. The more people the more places will be able to test and then will not need to go around the whole of Moscow a certain circle of people, it will be possible to distribute the measurement point!
In general, welcome all who have the appropriate equipment for measuring in particular.
All who expressed a desire will gradually be added to the cap ..

Posted on 07/22/2017, 22:50:

skvore4nick @ 22.07.17, 22:30*
Must be installed on the device interesuschie measurement control program with mandatory display of coordinates and, preferably - built-in card and the display device model

this point precisely to paint .. then also in the hat compile all the details. Who has experience in such programs, please unsubscribe procedure ..

Post has been editedunlochka - 22.07.17, 22:48

unlochka @ 22.07.17, 22:47*
Who has experience in such programs, please unsubscribe procedure

If about Sensorly - I did not see any difficulties. There are programs where more serious, for example - the same Network Signal Guru. This already requires root and, as I understand from a quick look at the theme - a modicum of technical training. But the information it produces has a much more significant.

Rep: (133)
https: //play.google.co...ru.uip.signalmeter.pub
Here softina with www.geo.minsvyaz.ru site
It will not work?

Rep: (115)
First you need to define what we want to be measured. If speed radioplecha (last mile), in this case just Okla most optimal, since among the destination server, we will likely find the server of your operator in its region (macro region). If a speed access to any location, then yes services such Sensorly or there is nPerf, very similar, but then have access to the operator "vneshke" in the chain, which may be the weak link in this chain.

Rep: (121)
this crap. let opsosy publish a route map and channel capacity. everything else clean cuts with nazhigalovo opsosa channel shaper game at different rates and so forth. Labuda.
and argue who is greedy and sophisticated opsosa bestolku IMHO.

ps IMHO yota most notorious villain of algorithms shaper.

Post has been editedalex0987alex - 23.07.17, 20:19

Rep: (324)
* skvore4nick
Best spidtest - it mirror.yandex.ru

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 08/09/20, 15:52