Power consumption (autonomy) Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 + | Energy talk, tips and cost saving solutions
Do you use optimizers to increase the running time?
How do you optimize application performance?
I use the standard Samsung Optimization. Settings are automatic. [ 538 ] ** [54,56%]
I use the standard Samsung Optimization. The settings are manual, I decide which applications to put to sleep. [ 326 ] ** [33,06%]
I use third-party optimizers. [ 40 ] ** [4,06%]
Disconnected Samsung Optimization + I do not use third-party. So much better. [ 82 ] ** [8,32%]
Total Votes: 986

Rep: (732)
Power consumption (autonomy) Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 +

SM-G950 / SM-G955

Description S8 | Description S8 + | Discussion пїЅ | Official S8 firmware пїЅ | Official firmware S8 + пїЅ | Unofficial firmware S8 пїЅ | Unofficial firmware S8 + пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | S8 Accessories пїЅ | Accessories S8 + пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Owners Club пїЅ | power usage пїЅ | Modifications and decorations пїЅ | Operator versions пїЅ

Useful applications
Package Disabler Pro [Samsung]- Disable unnecessary applications in Samsung, without Root.
Examples of stopped / frozen programs from users in Package Disabler Pro

BK Package Disabler- Disable services / applications on Samsung without Root
AccuBattery- Monitors and optimizes battery life and efficiency.
BetterBatteryStats- A utility for monitoring battery discharge. (Detailed program description)
Disable Service- Enable and disable services.(ROOT)
Greenify- Manage background processes.(ROOT)
GSam Battery Monitor- Utility for monitoring energy consumption.
LeanDroid- Automatic management of wireless connections.(ROOT)
Lux Auto Brightness- Automatic adjustment of the display brightness.
My Android Tools- Disable / enable activity, service, receiver, provider for any applications.(ROOT)
Wakelock detector- Search for reasons for not falling asleep device. (detailed program description)
Form for putting the results of the battery

1. Tell us the general information
1.1. What is the firmware version?
1.2. Is the device ruled?
1.3. Are there any programs to track the charge / reel?
1.4. Is Bluetooth on, how long is there a device paired with it?
1.5. Is NFC enabled?
1.6. What used to transfer data (Wi-Fi or mobile data) and the approximate ratio of their use?
2. Do you use Google accounts?
2.1. If you use, then what do not synchronize? Settings - Cloud and Accounts - Accounts - Google?
2.2. Do you have a backup on your Google account: Settings - Cloud and accounts - Backup and restore?
3. Have you made changes to the settings for developers? If so, which ones? Settings - Developer Options
4. Did any WiFi / network settings change?
4.1. Settings - Developer options - Aggressive transmission over Wi-Fi / mob.
4.2. Settings - Developer Options - Do not turn off mobile data
4.3. Settings - Developer Options - Allow Wi-Fi Search in Roaming
4.4. Settings - Connections ->Other settings - Search for devices
4.5. Take pictures: Settings - Optimization - Battery - Statistics
Settings - Optimization - Battery - Statistics - Screen
5. What are the screen settings (resolution, mode)?
5.1. Settings - Display - Blue Filter
5.2. Settings - Display - Screen Mode
5.3. Settings - Display - Screen Resolution
5.4. Settings - Advanced Features - Video Enhancement
5.5. Settings - Developer Options - Window Animation Scale
5.6. Settings - Developer Options - Transition Animation Scale
5.7. Settings - Developer Parameters - Animator Duration Scale
5.8. Is AOD enabled? If so, at what time?
6. Did they include optimization or power saving mode?
6.1. Settings - Optimization - Battery - Energy Saving
6.2. Settings - Optimization - Battery - Advanced Settings - Energy Monitoring
6.3. Settings - Optimization - Battery - Constantly sleeping applications
7. Somehow set up a cellular network mode (4G, 3G, 2G only)?
7.1. Settings - Connections - Mobile networks - Network mode
7.2. Settings - Connections - Mobile Networks - VoLTE
8. How did you customize it to improve location accuracy?
8.1. Settings - Connections - Geodata - Detection Method
8.2. Settings - Google - Geodata - Improved accuracy
9. Have you configured security? And what methods of unlocking?
9.1. Settings - Lock screen and protection - Screen lock type
9.2. Settings - Lock screen and protection - Smart lock - Physical contact
9.3. Settings - Lock screen and protection - Smart lock - Secure locations
9.4. Settings - Lock screen and protection - Smart lock - Trusted devices
9.5. Settings - Lock screen and protection - Smart lock - Voice recognition
10. Have you configured the search functionality for a lost phone?
10.1. Settings - Lock screen and protection - Find a phone
11. Did the applications freeze / stop / delete? If so, can you give a list?
12. Do you use Adhell ​​or other ad blockers?
13. Do you use Ok Google / Google Assistant / SVoice?
14. Do you use Android Pay / SPay?
What is the most energy efficient firmware?
If you were waiting here to see a specific title or link, then I hurry to disappoint you.
Many factors affect energy consumption:
* soft
* kernel and its settings
* gps / wifi / mobile network / bluetooth / nfs signal quality
* manner of use
* screen brightness
* sync, push

Of course, firmware has an effect on power consumption, but compared to all the above, it is minimal. (Exceptions are firmware curves)
Useful
Poll results
Attached Image

Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedahmetov-82 - 13.08.20, 13:32
Reason for editing: Supplement

Rep: (23)
S8 + Was charged up to 100%. Everything that is included and the level of brightness can be seen on the screen. Resolution FHD + Most of the time I was setting up the phone and 5 hours of sleep (-1%) I, frankly, surprised. After the apple 7+ great result.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedsky13net - 23.04.17, 14:43

Rep: (2)
M
The topic has been moved to the "Personal experience пїЅ.

Rep: (256)
sky13net @ 04/23/2017, 13:11*

Hey. How to achieve such results. I myself can not pull out for more than 7 hours: D which applications are disabled? What is network coverage?

* pspgo73,
I have not yet achieved ... The first charge was, I left it as it is, to look) I did not turn off anything. Removed several applications preinstalled Network barely breathing 3G sometimes falls in 2G.

Sky13net @ 04/23/2017, 1:30 PM*
* pspgo73,
I have not yet achieved ... The first charge was, I left it as it is, to look) I did not turn off anything. Removed several applications preinstalled Network barely breathing 3G sometimes falls in 2G.

Well, you give. I with disabled applications through the package disabler get 7 hours

Rep: (88)
* sky13net, really better than 7+? Just apple7 + holds a charge well in all reviews. Especially in standby mode.
I on GHS 7 in standby mode, even if it does not touch at all on the weekend, will sit somewhere in 2-2.5 days
Well, for the night goes 10-25%

Posted 04/23/2017 at 15:29:

* sky13net, Mb, you were sitting on Wi-Fi all the time?
GPS mob Data, Bluetooth were included all the time?

Post has been editedSpeculum - 23.04.17, 15:30

* Speculum , on the first sensations it is much better, but for the time being it is still early to judge this. I can say for sure that with the same use, the iPhone would charge twice Sat all the time on WI FI, everything that is included on the screens above. On all the time.

Post has been editedsky13net - 23.04.17, 15:40
Reason for editing:

Rep: (88)
* sky13net, Well, in the working mode, Amoledy really holds a charge better
Interesting mixed mode. Just in sleep / standby mode, Android is eating more

* Speculum,
Most likely in the mixed mode will be parity. The apple really keeps excellent standby time and dies quickly when used.

Rep: (33)
These are the results for today

Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (4)
Try, please, to put accubattery, so that at least an approximate battery capacity to look at the phone. And then on my 3300 hedgehog instead of 3600 was originally. I know, right now they will say it is not accurate, but recently a colleague bought himself a hedgehog, his 3550 immediately showed prog.

Rep: (739)
In general, for two days of use should summarize that the device is dead on the battery or voracious like a boa on consumption.

At 11 am, he was removed from the charge with a full battery. The second sim card is turned off via the sim card manager. I spent the whole day wandering around Moscow, took off a little beauty in the center of the city, flowers and other bullshit, rode the subway, buses and trams. Sat in the internet through 4g, wifi in the subway. I didn’t play at all (in principle I don’t play games), I listened to music for a total of an hour and a half.
Then he was a guest until the evening, he returned home by 10 pm.
What I have: 15% of the remaining battery. Screen 3 hours 43 minutes.
I can not fasten the screenshots, because there is no normal Internet home, and the device is discharged into the snipe. I will try to explain on the fingers.
I took the power consumption data and summed up the rated current consumed by each item. It turned out 2084 mA, that is, in principle, should have remained about 30% of the battery. Some kind of neskladushka turns out ... Something is eating, which is not displayed anywhere.
Yesterday, under a similar usage scenario, I received almost the same 15% of the balance by 10 pm, just with two hours of screen. That is, the device does not care if I do something or not, it is discharged just lying in my pocket.
I am even afraid to include the second SIM card: D.
Tomorrow at work, if there is free time, I will do a full reset and set it up from scratch. But completely disappointed.
P.S. I also have a G6 ski, so with a comparable battery capacity and the same screen size it shows miracles of survivability with my use case. At least it is predictable and with it I’m not looking for an outlet for a day.

Post has been editedAlexander 174 - 23.04.17, 22:50

alexander 174 @ 04/23/2017, 21:48*

it means you have something wrong with the connection. I have 1 hour of games, 15 minutes of video recording on a smartphone’s camera, only 4g, gear s3 is always connected via Bluetooth, a lot of the Internet and Youtube. As a result, I have almost 7 hours of screen.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedpspgo73 - 23.04.17, 22:52

* pspgo73,
What could be wrong with communication? I was constantly moving, the connection was different, and I know the average figure in the hospital on my often-changing devices. Sams showed simply the wonders of gluttony. No YouTube, no games, pure Chrome with forums, a little Weiber, a little Votsappa (literally two dozen messages per day!). I'm just in shock. After all the advertising about the 10nm process and phenomenal vitality ...

Yes, AOD is disabled for the purity of the experiment.

Post has been editedAlexander 174 - 23.04.17, 23:01

alexander 174 @ 04/23/2017, 21:55*
* pspgo73,
What could be wrong with communication? I was constantly moving, the connection was different, and I know the average figure in the hospital on my often-changing devices. Sams showed simply the wonders of gluttony. No YouTube, no games, pure Chrome with forums, a little Weiber, a little Votsappa (literally two dozen messages per day!). I'm just in shock. After all the advertising about the 10nm process and phenomenal vitality ...

Yes, AOD is disabled for the purity of the experiment.

But take a look. Try to disable any pre-installed programs. If a week does not settle down in the service. Let the battery change. And how many g6 do you have?

* pspgo73,
Yes, I turned off everything that I don’t use, all Google music, photos, videos, facebooks, instagrams ... What was deleted, deleted, turned off, turned off.
It strains precisely that the device also loses its charge when it is just lying in your pocket, as when sitting in Chrome, for example. I understand that when I sit in the internet, he should eat, because the screen works, the percent processes the OS, data, the work of the same Chrome, the modem works, etc. But what eats when the device stupidly rolls in your pocket?
With a similar scenario, I still had a ski in the evening with a half charge. Now she is gone, gave a relative a try, but the day after tomorrow I will take it and I will watch.
If after the reset and reinstallation of the whole zhor continues, then I will go not to the service, but to the store where I took it. Two weeks is two weeks. Let change. Although the copy got a very good screen - there is no pink and the color of refraction on the screen bends. I was afraid that they would be with a rainbow, as in a shop on shop windows. Change it is not known what, then the epic number two will begin} -).
Still, for now I hope that some kind of petty pasku in the operating system does not allow the device to sleep.

Rep: (4)
The story is one to one, like c7 Edge. I just fly away the battery, as if he does not sleep. Fucking android 7th, on the 6th android phone, the body slept just super.

* dron310,
By the way, I was a seven and sold because after the upgrade to Android 7, he began to eat.

Rep: (9)
Maybe zhor because of the screen resolution of 2k? Try on fullhd

Rep: (18)
While autonomy pleases! This is the 3rd day of use. Basically Viber, FB messenger, Insta. Almost always on wi-fi. AOD incl. Of the restrictions: Google backup and geo-location are disabled only by GPS, the rest is complete. For 8 hours of sleep - 4%. Moved from C7 ej, which a year later began to keep max. 5 hours of the screen and often did not live to 23 pm.

Tip: Do not bother with the freezing of applications, disabling auto updates and in general everything and everything, there will be absolutely no increase in UTB, there is even a reverse effect .. All this is completed on C7!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 11/06/20, 7:10