Discussion camera Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 +
What formats do you use?
What kind of photo format do you prefer?
4:3 [ 862 ] ** [44,73%]
16:9 [ 744 ] ** [38,61%]
I look at the situation [ 316 ] ** [16,4%]
How often do you save photos in RAW format?
Is always [ 95 ] ** [4,93%]
Often [ 127 ] ** [6,59%]
Seldom [ 542 ] ** [28,13%]
Never [ 1158 ] ** [60,09%]
In what format do you record video?
HD (1280x720) [ 67 ] ** [3,48%]
FHD (1920x1080) [ 534 ] ** [27,71%]
FHD 60fps (1920x1080) [ 847 ] ** [43,95%]
QHD (2560x1440) [ 88 ] ** [4,57%]
UHD (3840x2160) [ 389 ] ** [20,19%]
Total votes: 1927

Rep: (731)
Discussion camera Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 +
SM-G950 / SM-G955
Description S8 | Description S8 + | Discussion пїЅ | Official S8 firmware пїЅ | Official firmware S8 + пїЅ | Unofficial firmware S8 пїЅ | Unofficial firmware S8 + пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | S8 Accessories пїЅ | Accessories S8 + пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Owners Club пїЅ | power usage пїЅ | Modifications and decorations пїЅ | Operator versions пїЅ

Camera Specifications
Camera: Dual Pixel 12MP AF, OIS (Optical Stabilization), F1.7 aperture, Pixel size: 1.4Вµm, Sensor size: 1 / 2.55 ", FOV: 77, Maximum zoom: 8x (digital), PRO mode (manual settings), Panorama , Slow motion, Hyperlapse, Food mode, save to RAW.
Front-camera: 8MP AF, F1.7 aperture, Pixel size: 1.22 Вµm, Sensor size: 1 / 3.6 ", FOV: 80, wide-angle selfie.
Video Recording: 4K video recording at 30 fps, 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps, VDIS (Video Digital Image Stabilization), Digital zoom 8x, High CRI LED Flash, Slow Motion support for 720p video at 240 fps, Hyper-light video with stabilization, Video Continuous autofocus, Face detection, Autofocus tracking, 9 megapixel photos while shooting 4K video, Tags in the video location.
How to check the camera module?
To find out which camera module is installed on your device, usethisinstruction orthis.
You can determine the module of any photo by downloading the photo to your phone and opening it with the program.Exif reader
Useful
Editors (photo, video), applications

Attention! If you want to share your examples of photos, please do it throughGoogle driveorYandex.Disk.
There the photos are not compressed, they load faster and they are much more convenient to watch, Thank you!

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 14.12.19, 13:57
Reason for editing: Config for Zgcam

Rep: (0)
Comrades, I don’t know, maybe I’m writing in the wrong section, but this also applies to the camera, apparently in android 7 they did something after taking photos, there are previews of photos taken from the camera nearby and if you scroll further, all the trash (photo video) that they sent you to Viber votsapp and so on, now everyone has such garbage how to fight ???
Z.Y. In the old s6, the same g ...

Rep: (1)
I looked today on S7Edge’s wife’s phone through AIDA64, she has a Sony IMX260 sensor, somewhere it’s infa that Sony’s sensors are also installed, does anyone have a more detailed info on this subject?

Rep: (5)
* sergwane , Someone will come across a module from Sony, someone from Samsung. I had a sony module on s7edge. At 8+ now from the Samsung.

Rep: (1)
somewhere there was infa that the sony module is IMX333, which means that cameras can be different on s7 and s8, too.

Rep: (60)
the owners, but does he and Rav have the same overshoot and re-contrast? in settings sharpnes to reduce is not present really?
I was waiting for S7, change my Sonya, so there they rolled out such a joke, right now S8 is again repeating ..
I like the phone, but again I have to go around for a year with sooni (
can anyone have the opportunity to make the same pictures with s8 (raw) vs z3 (cyberianmod7.4 for MM)?
if anyone can, discard the archive in hp, put a plus in karma!
I apply a photo from Sony with a mod for comparison, and does not soap so much.
Attached Image

Rep: (6)
Damn what kind of garbage. The first time I dug I found raw. Now I can’t. Tell me where is the inclusion

Rep: (4018)
Loudjuice @ 04/25/17, 18:11*
the owners, but does he and Rav have the same overshoot and re-contrast?

judging by sgs7, and I think the correctness of these judgments is practically applicable to sgs8, then RAV should be naturally better in sharpness than JAPEG, but not so super

Rep: (3078)
* valdemar6509 ,
Here
Attached Image

Rep: (57)
After all these pics, I got sick of switching from S5 to S8.

Posted on 04/25/2017, 17:54:

* Loudjuice
Put Open camera or snap camera. Maybe FV-5 and there will be all the adjustments. I use all this in S5.

* alexey1960,
why should I put this? and S5 does not interest me, there is no such overshoot.
Rav should be naturally better on sharpe

Well, this is theoretically .. but I practically ask, with the help of the regulator and the rabb, not to fix what is there in the jpeg laid out?

Rep: (4018)
Loudjuice @ 04/26/17, 11:48*
well it is theoretically

I speak not theoretically, but practically. As it was on sgs7. It will also be on sgc8. RAV will be better than jpeg. But daily, it’s unlikely that any of the usual juzverej will flop with RAV

Pako777 @ 04/26/17, 3:00 p.m.*
I speak not theoretically, but practically.

Yes, and I also write that it is clear that "better"!
but I don’t ask about better or worse, butfixwhether the situation or not.
in other words, is it possible, with the help of a rabbit and regulators, to get rid of the overharping of ALL, and get a normal flat picture, with natural sharpness.
Pako777 @ 04/26/17, 3:00 p.m.*
daily flop with RAV-oh hardly any of the usual juzverej will

about this, I also do not ask, what do I care about juzverej? I ask a specific question for a specific myself, and for specific purposes.

Post has been editedLoudjuice - 26.04.17, 09:13

Rep: (11)
Sample photo. Auto mode.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (96)
* Joker_71,
mine is very cool

* Joker_71 I do not see distortion. Where is she?)

Tomiloff80 @ 04/26/2017, 09:52*

So in the settings, correction is turned on, but I don’t notice the difference with it and without it.
Attached Image

* Joker_71 , at the beginning of the previous page I uploaded a photo from a demo sample, correction is turned on, there is distortion.

Please, post more samples of photos from the phone, it is precisely the distortions that interest you, since everywhere I saw them, but did not notice them in the post above. I want to understand whether their absence is possible at least on some copies.

Rep: (57)
* Loudjuice
I’m sorry, I see I didn’t fully understand what was written.

Rep: (178)

So you have a macro. Take a pictureregular geometric shapes as in the photo with refrigerators at a distance (5 meters or more)

Post has been editedVlad1354 - 26.04.17, 17:35

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 16/07/20, 8:39