> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung SM-G950 Galaxy S8 / SM-G955 S8 Plus - Marriage and repair | Smartphone, 5.8 / 6.2 "
Marriage
Do you have a home button?
Periodically, in certain situations [ 283 ] ** [11,99%]
Yes [ 177 ] ** [7,5%]
Not [ 1891 ] ** [80,13%]
The display module is poorly taped, the phone is not sealed.
I agree [ 279 ] ** [11,82%]
Disagree [ 1154 ] ** [48,9%]
I do not understand yet [ 925 ] ** [39,19%]
Total votes: 2360

Rep: (732)
Marriage and RepairSamsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus
PictureSamsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus, SM-G950 / SM-G955
Description S8 | Description S8 + | Discussion пїЅ | Official S8 firmware пїЅ | Official firmware S8 + пїЅ | Unofficial firmware S8 пїЅ | Unofficial firmware S8 + пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | S8 Accessories пїЅ | Accessories S8 + пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Owners Club пїЅ | power usage пїЅ | Modifications and decorations пїЅ | Operator versions пїЅ

Photo
Attached Image

Useful
History of polls.
Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedsagitt67 - 16.04.19, 02:26
Reason for editing: collection of complete service manuals

Rep: (15)
Here are my screenshots before and after adjusting and installing the Filter Your Screen application
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedAlexanderL - 21.04.17, 00:37
Reason for editing: Pictures under spoiler

Rep: (473)
alpinsky @ 04.21.17, 00:15*
Here are my screenshots before and after adjusting and installing the Filter Your Screen application

How much does calibration affect other colors? white is normal and the rest? not distorted?

On the contrary, they return to normal (but not completely). On the left screenshot, look at the photo and see that the eight is still worse. Hope this problem will be solved by updating. But there is no hope for it.
I am very distressed, very.
Perhaps I will try to burn out the red LEDs, including the red fill of the screen at night.

Post has been editedalpinsky - 21.04.17, 00:33

Rep: (2)
alpinsky @ 04/21/17, 00:32*
On the contrary, they return to normal (but not completely). On the left screenshot, look at the photo and see that the eight is still worse. Hope this problem will be solved by updating. But there is no hope for it.
Perhaps I will try to burn out the red LEDs, including the red fill of the screen at night.

For what market devices?

As for me on the first screen everything is fine. at last yes, horror, but at first everything is as it should

* ROMICH3 For the Russian market.

Posted 04/21/2017 00:42:

* KPOCAB4EG Unfortunately, this is not so ((Lost many semitones.

Rep: (2)
* alpinsky
I have a device from Europe, today I didn’t peer, I didn’t find any problems with red

alpinsky @ 04.21.17, 00:15*

Why the application, if the settings of the display is calibrated by RGB?
And what's on the last photo, where is the screen red? Is this what you have before adjustment?

Post has been editedeXodusN - 21.04.17, 01:44

Red screen - before calibration, factory default. the degree of redness from switching the preset screen modes does not change.
Calibration using standard tools is only available in the "adaptive screen" mode and its range is LIGHTLY insufficient.
I would put up with this insufficiency, but when the "adaptive" mode is on, the calibration is not applied in all modes of operation. For example, the "video enhancement" mode not only causes the auto-brightness to be turned off and set to 90+ percent, but also disables the normal color temperature correction.
It's not scary, the "improvement" can be turned off in the settings.
But, much worse, the correction is turned off when the camera is turned on, and this cannot be changed at all.
Therefore, you have to use third-party software "Filter Your Screen", which, unfortunately, has two serious drawbacks:
1 - the impact of the application does not cover the entire screen, but only the standard 16: 9.
2- the application does not know how to keep the black level when adding its own overlay, so the overall contrast of the screen drops.
Everyone is welcome, try it yourself.

And one more unpleasant moment. Even if you perfectly calibrate the screen with a perpendicular view of it, it is worth turning the screen 5 degrees in almost any direction - it will rotate strongly.
Many times stronger than the S7.
That is, in a good way, in particular my specimen will only help the replacement of the matrix.

* alpinsky
My opinion is marriage. I saw 2 devices and one was perfect, and one almost where the green shift was only 2 positions enough for calibration

alpinsky @ 04/21/17, 01:55*
It is necessary to turn the screen by 5 degrees in almost any direction - it will strongly rosy.

it is already glass, not a matrix. at 160 degrees thick pink stripes will be visible (such as hertska on the monitor), it will be in all instances, but in any way (on S7) it doesn’t strain in life. why not change the device, or later plan?

I plan to change. Waiting for the opportunity to choose from a variety of instances. I will have this opportunity.

Rep: (0)
I received the device yesterday, pre-order from Amazon German. Initially, the autofocus on the camera did not work, but then it miraculously came off and started working. This morning the display is dead. The phone itself can be seen that it is alive but the screen does not give any signs of life at all. Reboots resets and so on did not help.

Rep: (11)
* jzwmaster
Well, without marriage, of course, does not happen. Technique - she is. Change to a new;)

Rep: (112)
* jzwmaster show video with idle screen.

* Kim Jong Il , What for????!!!!!!
M
Check outForum Rules!
4.15. The names of topics and posts overloaded with punctuation marks (more than three in a row) are prohibited, for example: "How to set up Wi-Fi ????????". An exception is the section "Breaker".

Post has been editedAlexanderL - 21.04.17, 13:20

Rep: (4160)

Dead room!
Red subpixels in amoled just the most durable !!
First burn outblue then green .
Reds practically do not fade.

The first fade blue, then green.

just the opposite, so green is 2 times more

Rep: (0)
heavy-razzer @ 04/21/17, 19:56*
Writes GSMArena, the red screen Samsung will fix an update by the end of April
http: //www.gsmarena.co...nth_end-news-24654.php

It may help ..

Rep: (4160)
KPOCAB4EG @ 04.21.17, 13:07*
[email protected], 13:04
The first fade blue, then green.

just the opposite, so green is 2 times more

* KPOCAB4EG,
No, it is blue !!!
And greens are no longer at all because they burn out faster, and Samsung takes care of you, as many unknowingly think, but EXCLUSIVELY because the human eye is most sensitive to the green spectrum, and the brightness is perceived by the brain according to the brightness of the green spectrum !!! Samsung cares about the brightness of the screen, and does not deal with the "backup" of failing pixels. : yes2:
Check out what exactly BLUE fade is easy in the first place:
On your Amoleda, put the blue fill RGB = {0,0,255} on the whole screen and look at the place where usually there is a black status bar at the top. There usually pixels do not fade, and blue there will be brighter.
Then put the green fill, and in this case, you will hardly see the difference!
Phew ... I'm already tired of educating about amolead. : drinks:

Post has been editedsparta - 21.04.17, 14:24

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 11/07/20, 13:55