Laptop Battery Care | discussion of problems in operation, problem solving

Rep: (610)
Here we discuss ways to care for a laptop battery.

Attached Image

useful links

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 15.09.18, 23:14
Reason for editing: reissue

Rep: (16)
What to do?! O.o Previously, to be honest, I never bother with that, and did not pay attention. And here I put Everest, and I saw the light ... on the new note, the battery is worn out by 8 percent. I called a friend (also Acer is already more than half a year), he says that he has 3% ... well, I don't know a damn thing, I think ... I put the NHC, the same garbage ... the same 8 percent shows. Got upset. I do not know what to do. They advised to calibrate the battery through the BIOS, there is not even such an item in the BIOS. I ask for help from you forum users. :(

Rep: (1109)
New, is it really new? In warehouses did not roll? And also (oh, kicking will now be the type of modern batteries of this e required) but try to drive out the full cycle: discharge to 0 and charge to 100 ... But in general there may be a marriage - anything can happen ...
Threat I have a laptop 1.5 months wear 2%

Rep: (1170)
Kalos ,
Do not worry at Acer'ov it looks like the norm. For many (of course, who paid attention), the battery in capacity went down by 15-20% (sometimes up to 30%) of the nominal in just a month.
Plus, keep in mind that the beech can come to you almost straight from the factory, but the battery fell on the warehouse waiting for the beech. Plus transportation, improper storage, etc. etc.

Rep: (16)
Ran has 10 complete cycles (charge-discharge), sense of "zero". More true yesterday for no reason at all missed the point completely discharge Beech (zaigralso)))), and he sat down. Connected to the network, entered the Everest, and ... wear level is not 8, but 5 percent ... well, I think, saved;) more Razik do so again ... charge-discharge ... showed 6 percent of the wear. I am trying to find a pattern here. It seems to me that this battery controller vyezhivatsya Advise plz ... prozhku some for normal battery calibration. I tried battery double, if I remember correctly, did not wait for the result (it was too cloudy where the status bar is some). O.o

Rep: (1170)
Kalos @ 05/04/08 06:25:44
... the level of wear is no longer 8, but 5 percent ... ... again the charge-discharge ... showed 6 percent of wear

Read in the manual to Everest, what is the measurement error. I think you're kakraz and jump in this chapel.

Rep: (9)
Note half a year (TravelMate 2483WXMi) - degree of deterioration according to Everest - 12%.

Rep: (109)
I have a HP Pavilion laptop for two weeks, Everest shows wear - 17%, I think there’s probably a problem with the correctness of Everest testimony ..

At work, I often meet laptops that cannot even work out the minutes from the battery, while the age of these laptops is from six months to a year .. I think that this is a deterioration of batteries due to improper handling of the battery. I became the owner of a laptop recently, I would not like to repeat to take into account these laptops with dead batteries .. What would you advise?

Rep: (19)
plab ,
Well, from personal experience if the laptop is used permanently, the battery should be removed.
and even once every 2-3 weeks to do a full cycle of discharge-charge. and the battery will last a long time.

Rep: (38)
Constantly doing discharge charge! As in October, bought, and I drive in full. But with the PDA so do not care, although I try to identity it to zero and completely zarezhat.

Czech Cat @ 05/29/08 2:28:23 PM
Well, from personal experience if the laptop is used permanently, the battery should be removed.
and even once every 2-3 weeks to do a full cycle of discharge-charge. and the battery will last a long time.

I use the laptop stationary, I do this - I work until the battery is fully charged, then I just pull the power supply out of the socket and work further until it is completely discharged (until 1% remains), Everest shows a battery wear percentage of 17%, which is somewhat scary, although I don’t really want trust this everest

Rep: (712)
Notebook in the signature, 4.5 months, the current level of wear - 5%.
"Wear Level N%", in Everest terminology simply means that at this point the battery for some reason, gleaning N% design capacity. Such reasons may be ambient temperature, pressure, humidity, etc. This does not mean that it is worn for a week at 8% and will die in 3 months. This figure can vary both in greater and in the smaller side. Those. the next time the battery can be charged by the so-called better and "Wear rate" will decrease. In my opinion, in the Everest simply chosen not entirely successful term (Wear Level), while translating it into a whole and correct.

Rep: (0)
hehe, I only have worn out by 11%, laptop and battery 2.5 years
The laptop never discharges, I don’t carry the battery with me and the battery has never been restored: -R

Rep: (3)
The lithium batteries are used in the laptops. And you kill them to full discharge O.o Not surprisingly, after half a year, she (the battery) is killed in the trash. Never let the charge fall by more than half, and if there is a socket nearby, then immediately to it. And you need to completely discharge only if the controller begins to incorrectly indicate the residual charge.

Rep: (6)
The question and answer to it from the magazine "Home Computer" No. 2 for 2008:

Really I need your advice. I purchased laptop. Never before did not work with them, so probably a bit naive question - how correctly it is necessary to handle the battery? I read in the book for a beginner to the notebook, the smaller the battery hold in the body when running on mains, the better. But the laptop battery and UPS performs a role in the event of power surges. I read in the room of your magazine in В«FeedbackВ», the laptop, in principle, does not need any additional devices such as UPS. How could still work on it when powered by the socket - with or without a battery?
Thanks in advance, Olga

It is not necessary to pull out the battery, it is even harmful, if only because it is not designed for such repeated actions, the latches may become loose or the contacts will work worse. And the care of modern batteries is simple: do not keep it long discharged - it remains in a charged state better. Sometimes (for example, once every 3 months) discharge it completely. This is not to increase battery life, but to calibrate tracking circuits for
his condition. You need to discharge the battery without loading the operating system: turn on the computer, enter BIOS Setup (by pressing the Del button, F2 or another - the corresponding message should be on the screen) and leave it (of course, without connecting to the power supply) until the laptop turns off. After that, connect the pi unit.
Tanya and fully charge the battery, not including the laptop.

Rep: (15)
Anyway ... The battery of the laptop is designed for 300-500 charge / discharge cycles and after that it starts to drop a lot of performance.
Pull the battery out of the laptopcan not in any way because, firstly, when you turn off the power, you do not lose the data (in fact, the battery plays the role of a UPS), secondly, the laptop calculated To work with the battery, on many of them, when the battery is pulled out, even the red light flashes to indicate a malfunction (for example, on ibm).
And in general, replacing or restoring a battery costs much less than repairing the power circuit in a laptop.

There is such a problem. When fully charged, the battery shows approximately 2 hours. The most interesting thing is that after 2 hours the laptop starts to indicate that the battery is very low and needs to be charged (everyone knows that). But I didn’t turn off the laptop O.o and I noticed the laptop worked for 1h20min after the current was 0% O.o how to fix it?

Rep: (712)
Junk battery controller. Try to turn on the computer, go into the BIOS, and leave until the battery is completely discharged. Then fully charge the battery, not including the computer.

NicolasG, 07/01/08 11:33:13
Junk battery controller. Try to turn on the computer, go into the BIOS, and leave until the battery is completely discharged. Then fully charge the battery, not including the computer.

In bios? Hmm .. did not try Thanks for the advice: victory :. And I tried to plant already in the Windows itself (music, Wifi on maxi, etc.) :)

I tried to discharge in bios. Akkuma remained about 80% rebooted, turned on the bios. I waited until it turns off. Put on the charge. I look charged. I took off the charge and turn it on. And then FIG: (the indicator blinks that the battery has sat down. I’ve charged it again. I turned it on. I’m looking at the battery 100% O.o There are no more such glitches. But after 0% it works for about 1 h 20 min :( How can I fix this?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 13/09/20, 16:36