FiiO X1 II [Linux] | [Hi-Res player] [PCM5242]

Rep: (2)
FiiO X1 II - Discussion
Player

Discussion пїЅ | Fiio X1 пїЅ | Fiio X3 пїЅ | Fiio x3 ii пїЅ | Fiio X3 Mark III пїЅ | Fiio x5 ii пїЅ | Fiio X5 III пїЅ | Fiio x7 пїЅ | FiiO X Series Device Owners Club пїЅ |

Specifications
General characteristics of the device:

• SoC: Ingenic JZ4760B
  • DAC: PCM5242
  • Low-pass filter: OPA2322
  • Amplifier: ISL28291
  • Bluetooth (v. 4.0): F1C81

• Frequency Response Range: 5 Hz ~ 60 kHz (-3dB)
  • THD + N: ≤ 0.003% (1 kHz)
  • Dynamic Range: ≥107 dB
  • Recommended headphone impedance: 16 ~ 100 О©

• Outputs: Line / Headphone Output 3.5mm jack
  • Input: micro-USB (charging, data transfer)

Support for memory cards: MicroSD up to 256 GB.
Battery capacity: 1800 mAh
Claimed battery life on a single charge: пјћ 12 hours
Full charge time: ~ 3 hours
Recommended charge parameters: "DC5V 2A"
Dimensions and weight: 97 Г— 55.5 Г— 12 mm.
Weight: 102 grams.
Color options: Sliver / Black / Rose gold / Red (limited edition).

Supported formats:

Lossless:
APE (Fast): 192 kHz / 24 bit;
APE (Normal): 96 kHz / 24 bit;
APE (High): 96 kHz / 24 bit;
FLAC: 192 kHz / 24 bit;
WAV: 192 kHz / 32 bit;
Aiff пјљ 192 kHz / 32 bit;
Aif: 192 kHz / 24 bit;
WMA Lossless:? kHz / 16 bit;
Apple Lossless: 192 kHz / 24 bit;

Loss пјљ
MP3 гЂЃ AAC гЂЃ WMA гЂЃ OGG ....

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Reviews
Information
FiiO X1 II - Is an update to the FiiO X1 model line.

The release took place in the fall of 2016.

Of the main changes, you can find the updated "audio chip" PCM5242 from Texas Instruments.
The remaining components remained unchanged.
In comparison with the previous version, the range of reproduced frequencies has increased. The dynamic range also increased. Battery capacity has increased.
Of the additional features, added support for "Bluetooth" version 4.0.
From the functionality, the control wheel has become touch. This change should give greater convenience.
The latest published version of "software" is 1.7.2 (2018-02-09).

Official site.

Software Download Page.

Firmware
Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedBorisov_live - 21.04.19, 18:06
Reason for editing: Text reviews have been added.

Rep: (1017)
M

Rep: (1)
Recently I got myself this miracle of Chinese technology
Pros:
1. Great sound. Before that there was a cowon d20, on akg k 430 headphones the difference is clearly heard
2. High-quality assembly, aluminum case, clear button presses, tight connectors
3. The battery really holds the declared 12 hours
4. The firmware is well Russified
Minuses:
1. Low copy speed via usb cable - about 2 mb / s, no matter what class of flash drive. But this is solved by a regular usb adapter
2. Incorrect bluetooth operation. I say right away that I did not check it myself, information from the FiiO offorum, both users and developers wrote about this
2. The hypersensitive touch scroll wheel on the latest firmware 1.5.3. This problem is solved by disabling the option "scroll function" in the settings menu.
3. Slight slowdown when switching tracks and sometimes menu navigation
4. Poorly implemented the creation of your playlist. You can add only potrekovo, you can not add a folder to the playlist right away. Maybe I just don’t know how to do this, if anyone knows, unsubscribe
5. There is only one user equalizer. I think this is inconvenient if there are several different headphones. Although on the other hand, and without tuning, everything plays quite smoothly and balanced
6. Repeat folder does not work. Maybe only me
7. Media Library ... This is what is most annoying.1618 songs updated 7 minutes 14 seconds !!! . If you want to let 2 more songs be thrown, then according to the logic of things, it should scan them in a couple of seconds and add them to the library. And no! I don’t care how many files you add, 1 or 100, when you turn on the player he re ... reappears everything . It's just pipets to say the least. I don’t know if it’s all such garbage, or I’m just such a fort. At the FiiO forum, a guy says that he simply uses the built-in file manager. Noah doesn’t solve this problem.

I hope someone will find this information useful. I would be grateful for the comments

Post has been editedin_quest - 10.01.17, 00:02

Rep: (1)
Addition to the previous post

8. When playing music for a long time, at one point, when switching to the next track, the sound disappears and does not appear until you reconnect the headphones. I don’t know, maybe something with headphones, but it’s unlikely

Rep: (33)
Please add to the cap.

1). Instructions for updating the firmware:
http://www.fiio.me/for...ead&tid=41621#lastpost
It is strongly recommended that you format the memory card in FAT32 and use cards between 8 and 16 GB in size.
2) .How to make a playlist / s on the player:
http://www.fiio.me/for...783&highlight=Playlist
Important ! , pay attention to this point in this instruction (taken from the plate):
Model no. Drive letters (Prefix) Remarks
X1 2nd gen TF: It will be changedin the future firmware to be the same as the X1 1st gen

Free translation:
Model Disk Name (Prefix) Note
X1 2 TF: This will be changed tofuture firmware to match with X1
3) .If you got this bug in the form of a black screen with numbers:

just hold the shutdown button for 10 seconds, that is, turn off the player, zeros will be printed on the screen, do not pay attention, the player should turn off, then turn it on.
It is strongly recommended that you reset the library, reset the player to the factory settings, turn the player off and on
Yes, do not forget to unsubscribe here in this thread on off. English FiiO forum:http://www.fiio.me/for...d=41907&extra=page%3D1
to fix it faster in fresh firmware.
four). If you need any improvements / adding new features to the firmware, also do not forget to put the pros and write your suggestions here on this topic, off. FiiO forum:
http://www.fiio.me/for...d=41896&extra=page%3D1
five). If the player freezes when updating the media library, then we restart the player, at the moment the problem is not solved, we are waiting for a fix in the new firmware, it would also be nice to write about this problem on off. FiiO forum;)

Posted on 1/12/2017, 19:52:

IMHO, probably the manufacturers still needed to test the firmware, and not to rush to release to the market with very crude firmware.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 13.01.17, 16:25
Reason for editing: In the header

Rep: (86)
* in_quest
1- I have 4-5 mb / s
2- with bluetooth I terribly lagged, for some reason it was on mp3
2- with the wheel all the rules, it can be used as a joystick if you don’t get at all :))
3- firmware itself is thoughtful :) but not critical
5- can edit embedded presses
6- looping works
7- scanning takes about 30 seconds, but about 600 tracks

Rep: (15)
Good day! I got a subject about a week ago. The sound after smartphones and phones is just fire)
From the observed deficiencies can I note the general podtuplivanie system at work with bluetooth. Also, as mentioned above, it was noticed, neponyatki with an equalizer. When changing presets do not feel strong difference (listen only flac in different capacities). Another kind of like, not found gappless playback. Only with pauses or somehow increase of ... How strange it is to this level of the device. In general, while that of course there is a particular , moisture , firmware, but the process is the add dopilivaniya quite decent pace, which can not but rejoice. From the main-until all)

Post has been editeddaft1988 - 12.01.17, 22:00

* wilec
2). I didn’t notice lags with a blue tooth, except perhaps when it’s 10m or through the walls, but here I’m sorry, but at 4-5 in direct line of sight all the rules are, at what distance did I lag and what kind of device was blue-toothed.
Well, for flac and ape, a blue tooth without aptX is not a cake, mp3, in principle, from 128-256 kbit / s can pull that, but even 320 will probably not be very good either.
7). Lucky, I have about 1600 tracks before somewhere somewhere, in principle, in 10 minutes on average, but now I’ve plugged something (already wrote), what’s the case with microSD?

Posted on 1/12/2017, 10:45 PM:

* daft1988,
Well, hapless can be done in tag editors or audio editors, although I may be mistaken.

Posted on 1/12/2017, 10:46 PM:

I personally decided for myself - if within six months or a year they do not release normal firmware, stable at least the first one I will sell, even if it is cheaper.

To understand what kind of file the gag is happening on, he writes only number 449, but this can be any file on the card.

Post has been editedPhtoroplast - 12.01.17, 22:56

Phtoroplast ,
As for audio editors, this is unlikely. All the same, the moose was by default gappless, now I listened through cue, anyway, plug ... And this is a strange update to the media library ... I would only add new files in the background when I turned it on, it would be great. My card is 64 from Sandisk, the tracks are now about 370 pieces, it updates the minutes and a half. I hope that the developers will take into account these nuances in future firmware.

Post has been editeddaft1988 - 12.01.17, 23:50

* daft1988,
Well, one and a half minutes for almost 400 tracks, this is still normal :), 4000 tracks in about 15 minutes, this is not long :), all the more I don’t think that the library will need to be updated so often.
it is quite possible that not very fast speed is associated with the SDX format, it is most likely incomplete in the firmware, although this is strange, as I understand it, if it updates the library, it scans the card, that is, it is reading, and reading from microSD will be faster, although of course it depends on what per card, but if recording is still underway, there may well be a plug with a not-so-fast card.

although the implementation is of course strange, instead of deleting the record from the library about the deleted file or adding about the added record, it scans all the records.

I have files on the player’s card that are copied at a speed of no more than 2.5-3 MB / s, 32 GB will be copied for 2.5 hours according to the info on the computer, then that!

Post has been editedPhtoroplast - 13.01.17, 00:27

Rep: (86)
* Phtoroplast,
wilec
2). I didn’t notice any lags with a blue tooth, except perhaps when it’s 10m or through the walls, but here I’m sorry, but at 4-5 in direct visibility all the rules are, at what distance did I lag and what kind of device was blue-tooth ....

I had it at 1.2 and it was on mp3, at 1.5 I did not try :)

Phtoroplast ,
You, as I understand it through a cable to record tracks? Through a card reader at me all is 25-30 MB. According to the cable, as far as I know, at a speed of trouble here at all. Again - this is strange ... I think it all - because of the "freshness" platform. Still Fiio one of the few, if not only for the moment, who are using Linux for its players with its top shell. Hence, probably all these oddities with the ability to make some functions when using the device. With all Sinezubov finally (after many devices) approx. Only from the street, two slishnim hours - no plugging during playback are (the player was in the top pocket of a pair of plastic cards). The sound is clear, interference-free. I use headphones with the player Partner hfs-10 ecli that) Firmware-1.53 ​​last. On the drain (1.2), the same hayrez for example, generally to work with bluetooth. After the update, go! Still, slowly but dopipilivayut our Chinese brothers pleerok)

Post has been editeddaft1988 - 13.01.17, 18:40

* daft1988,
Yes, through the cable, because something the card reader is fooling around, but now I bought this one:https: //market.yandex...ryincluded=0&onstock=1The reading speed compared to the card in the player connected via USB is very pleasing, not space, but 32 or 64 GB are copied much faster.

Rep: (34)
I will insert my 5 kopecks ...
1. There really are small problems with bluetooth: a noticeable general dulling / braking of the interface when playing sound through BT. Sometimes there was a feeling that the signal disappeared for milliseconds. The signal range is also not great, or there were a lot of walls and interference (routers, microwave). I checked in conjunction with JBL Charge 3, but I can sin on its firmware, recently updated. It works quietly and connects to the car audio system via bluetooth.
2. Tracks really long scans. Autoscanning library works or not, I do not understand.
3. Works great with the Transcend 32 Gb class 10 UHS-I micro SD, and it’s easy to flash from it. The manufacturer claims support for memory cards up to 256 GB. The device itself is demanding on the quality and class of memory cards, as I understand it.
4. Some of the albums in Flac I could not read through the bluetooth, through the wire everything is fine. This is a sin on a wireless speaker.
5. In general, the player will have more than satisfied. Enough flat frequency response, sound quality, customizable equalizer (in Ipod Nano it totally lacked), omnivorous audio formats (again, compared to the IPod). I am thinking about buying a full-sized monitor headphones, already test with Sennheiser HD 180 - sounds like. All available headphones swings with a bang: the overhead wireless Sony MDR ZX-750BN, intracanal Sony MDR XB50AP, and even EarPods, in whom I believed otstomnym sound, the player swung so that it is now often they listen to music.

Post has been editedSergey_Nam - 13.01.17, 23:01

* Sergey_Nam,
one). similarly, however, I already wrote here: in short with JBL Flip 3 in the room and in a straight line - it calmly takes 6-7 meters in the room, but it’s worth stepping aside and even if the tree goes plugging, the smarts still have a somewhat long-range and more stable signal even at a slightly greater distance - the dimensions of the transmitter and, most importantly, the antennas in the player and smart apparently affect.

2). The general problem is already written.

3). the matter is still most likely in the firmware, although the class of the card and the manufacturer are also important I do not argue.

Rep: (34)
* Phtoroplast,
I don’t think it’s the firmware. The VK player community has already written that the player is demanding on memory cards. I purchased a player with firmware 1.2, updated it to 1.3.3, 1.4.1 and 1.5.3 (current) from the same card, no problems.

* Sergey_Nam,
maybe, maybe we'll see in the next firmware.
Well, maybe in the card, but maybe there are still problem files with problem tags. possibly

Post has been editedPhtoroplast - 13.01.17, 23:53

Rep: (0)
Hey. Firmware 1.5.3. Sony SDXC UHS-I (1) 64GB card.

I confirm the low speed when writing to the player 2 MB / s. It happens that the audio output flies to linear with some combination of a circle and buttons. While the flight is normal.

album covers sewn into audio files shows without distortion of proportions, trimming the bottom. A cover from a separate file, for example, cover.jpg, displays completely, distorting the proportions.

Phtoroplast ,
I have the same model of a card reader) I bought it for firmware via FormatGui cards on 64 GB. in fat32.
Sergey_Nam , I have the same 180s) I think they are excellent in terms of price and quality (not counting the case of course). A week ago I turned on them at a volume of 70 Daft Punk - Lose yourself to dance, so I still remember this wonderful feeling) The computer doesn’t shake them so loud and high quality!
vandal-reft ,
with covers the player is really strange. Stretches them all the time. It's good that I own some photo editors, I make the proportions of covers to fit the screen size. Sometimes you have to finish)

Post has been editeddaft1988 - 14.01.17, 20:02

daft1988

Pauses when playing CUE greatly get. I hope this is a completely software problem.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 06/07/20, 20:06