> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung SM-N950F / DS Galaxy Note 8 - Discussion | Smartphone, 6.3 "

Rep: (52)
DiscussionSamsung SM-N950F / DS Galaxy Note 8
PictureSamsung SM-N950F / DS Galaxy Note 8
Description | Discussion пїЅ | SamsungSM-N9500Galaxy Note8 - Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Official firmware пїЅ | Unofficial firmware пїЅ | Modifications and decorations пїЅ | Modifications and decorations for devices without ROOT rights пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Fans Club Samsung Galaxy eNote8 пїЅ | Samsung Galaxy Note Owners Club пїЅ | Power consumption (autonomy) пїЅ | SamsungSM-N950U(Snapdragon) - Official firmware пїЅ |

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

MiniFAQ by Samsung Note8

Photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Reviews, comparisons
Reviews of our members of the forum
Useful

Previous polls
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

For questions related to workSamsung pay, Google payandBixbyTurn to profile topics.

Attention:since Android 9, Google has blocked the use of call recording!

There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the sectionI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).
Prior to the appointment of the curator, on filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedLexx808 - 19.09.19, 14:22
Reason for editing: Edit

Rep: (13)
* nonlocal
here completely agree with you. And everyone is waiting, hello. Coming worthy replacement for my 4 raccoon, "I think so"!

Rep: (10)
* Azu-nyan, in queue )
I'm sitting here waiting for Note 2)

Rep: (1597)
and you saw the S8 and how to work with the stylus without frames and without corners

Once again, the video looked, bends like notes 7 and the frame is also symmetrical, so I don’t see any problems with the stylus,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhnMuV0V6JUfrom 11 minutes.

Rep: (8)
Speculum @ 04/04/17, 1:33*
Yes, even now on C7 there is an opportunity to change the resolution from HD to FHD, and to QHD. So even between the extreme, well, very subtle (if finally can be seen) the difference at a distance of 30-40 cm
There is changing the resolution of the rendering image and not the physical resolution of the screen matrix. Whatever resolution you set, the physical resolution of the screen matrix will not change, and will be QHD. And when you change the resolution of the rendering image in the existing in S7 limits, the difference is not really noticeable. But if you reduce the physical resolution of the screen matrix to HD, then the difference in the quality of the picture you
feel much more.

Post has been editedvertanopp - 09.04.17, 18:58

Rep: (8)
* Pako777 , Well do not know about marketing it or not. In fact, at the Samsung 24 megapixel matrix, and each pixel is duplicated, it would get more light - good technology. And if you do the usual 21 MP, then the shooting will suffer in low light. It megapixels to the detriment of quality. In my opinion, today it is hardly possible to find a full-fledged alternative to the technology that would not be duplicating the pixels receive the same image in low light. I do not think that Samsung refuses to this technology for the greater number of pixels. The most sensible option is to increase the very matrix that would Dual Pixel mode get 16 megapixels.

Rep: (52)
* LastPunk ,
Sasha Gray, like a laptop 8, knows how something that ordinary callers never dreamed of. And even figure 8 resembles the figure of a woman.

there is an error crept into the code name of laptop8.
not note 8 Great
well note 8 gray

!
Ignoring the curator's warning. 3 days PO.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 03.05.17, 20:05

Rep: (48)
Twisted s8 + in the hands .. more comfortable of course than note 4, which I now have. If the note 8 is in this form factor ... with a cover, the truth is not clear how it will be ... and without a cover already, I don’t wear it)))

Rep: (530)
* Pekaphone
Some time ago, the 4.5 "screen was worth something, the curved screens were not liked, but sales statistics suggest the opposite - most people like it! And they like the glass and like the screen and like the big screen (and add more memory: yes2 :)).
Let's not discuss trends in general, and marketers in particular. Even if 10 thousand do not like the design, then millions of sales speak for themselves. : thank_you:

Post has been editednonlocal - 17.05.17, 11:14

Rep: (335)
However, sales statistics show the opposite - most people like it! And like glass and edge like

I think it's not something that I like, but just on Android, except Sams, there is nothing better on the totality of TX. Would honest 6.3 without any bent price would not exist. :)

Post has been editedgumbi - 17.05.17, 11:25

Rep: (2341)
Technologies, as well as the industry as a whole, stride forward and if they follow the user's advice and add features that regularly disappear into non-existence, they will get something like:
Attached Image

We need it? Therefore, let's leave Caesar to Caesar and rely on the taste and only known technological innovations, and who are not satisfied with the products of the manufacturer, can easily choose from another! ;)
We continue to wait .. :)

Rep: (1337)
Android O out of the box

7.1.1 most likely!

Rep: (24)
Fanis70 @ 05.22.17, 16:37*
Android O out of the box

7.1.1 most likely!

Were righttyts

I do not agree with the statement that we get used to certain producers. I did not so long ago, before leaving S8 / S8 + (so as Note 7 flew past me and I was tired of waiting) decided on a little experiment. By occupation I have to do a lot, notes, napominalok, to-do list. I decided to abandon the stylus. I put the most convenient and functional for me, Essential PIM task manager (not advertising). Enjoyed 4 months (I think that get used and find an adequate replacement for the stylus), but could not completely replace it. Sometimes it is necessary that a sketch, sketching, small drawing on a photo to indicate the size of any objects, schematically show a person something that is not currently there. After all this buy S8 + disappeared. Note to owners of the series is not hard to give it up, if there is an analogue. This series of people acquire because of the stylus uu opportunities that it provides. Have the LG has a similar rule, but it does not develop at their stylus are no opportunities like Wacom. I hope Samsung will develop the range further and create a stylus is really one of the best ecosystems. (Such as in the IOS 11).

KoT @ 06.06.17, 11:54*
But gradually he looses his positions here (we look at c8, the old module, etc.,)

The company then rolls out revolutionary solutions that globally starts to lose sales, as does HTC, whose share falls steadily. Samsung S6 in series, the S7 has rolled out an excellent camera that is far stepped forward, relative to the other manufacturers. Sense now to give even better results. Of course, in the depths of being developed steeper camera modules, which we will see in the future. But one thing I agree with you, perhaps right now the best time to do it in Note8. Since the Chinese in this regard has come on the heels.

Rep: (20)
Vadimm @ 06/08/17, 16:41*
So thinking, for s8 a lot of criticism about the inconvenience of a finger on the back ..

I look at the s8 and s8 + themes and I also want to say that a lot of people used the device when they wrote that they got used to the scanner rather quickly and now it suits them and is even conveniently located in some cases, so if the scanner is in the same place or under the camera I don’t I will deny myself the pleasure to buy this device

Rep: (1597)
Pekaphone @ 8.06.17, 17:15*
What do you keep on your phone

Applications banks and Spey, conveniently on a print ..
Pekaphone @ 8.06.17, 17:15*
And why do you even need this rudiment in the form of a fingerprint scanner, when there is face recognition, iris at the worst?

There are nuances, auto cradle and when the body is on the table.

Rep: (66)
nonlocal @ 08.06.17, 14:44*
Here is some kind of ambush with a scanner ..

As a c8 + user, I declare that the scanner is on the back, with this phone format is as convenient as possible.
Unblocked and began to immediately use without changing the grip
But if under the display, the grip will have to change

Rep: (197)
Santjay @ 06/09/17, 09:57*
Really looking forward to 1000fps

Exactly, everyone is waiting for this from Note 8, otherwise it is not needed.
Tell me, what for is this professional feature needed in everyday life? ;) Shoot how the bullet flies out of the barrel or how beautifully the glass beats? Well, play around a couple of times and quit ... All this is marketing lures, which in the life of the vast majority of users are not needed! For home video 30 FPS (and HD) - for the eyes :)

Rep: (197)
Zsavhd @ 9.06.17, 12:54*
You can also ask a question, why does he need a stylus?
By the way, yes - a very good question :) Then the same as 1000 FPS, since the use of the stylus is also very specific and is required only for some tasks;)

Posted 09/06/2017 13:17:

Zsavhd @ 9.06.17, 13:12*
Well, why, for example, imagine what beautiful shots of all that will turn out, before the human eye could not “catch”.
Can I have a couple of examples? True, interesting ... :)

Posted 09/06/2017 13:18:

Zsavhd @ 9.06.17, 13:12*
while we still live in the material world and need certain things
Or do not need, but the manufacturer persistently imposes on us: D

funny467 @ 09.06.17, 14:14*
Can I have a couple of examples? True, interesting ...

With such a camera it will be possible to catch the rapid movements of animals, insects. I have a dog at home and my daughter made a lot of videos on her S7 in slow motion. It was very cool to take off as the dog drinks water, as it bends its tongue at the same time. Try to shoot a waterfall with such a camera, it will be something. All fast processes that the human eye cannot catch will be shown by this camera.

Rep: (2341)
Santjay @ 06/13/17, 15:31*
It would have pressed the button home, unlocked the tap, pulled out the card and set the finger for payment.

The first 2 points can be eliminated, it is enough to hold the bottom up on the quenched screen and put your finger on the scanner, total 4-2 = comfort :)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 05/05/20, 18:22