Rep: (20)
TP-Link TL-WR840N - Discussion

A photo:
TL-WR840N V1
Attached Image
TL-WR840N V2
Attached ImageAttached Image

Description:
We need to start with the fact that TP-LINK TL-WR840N is exclusively a router for a small home or office. If you need to organize the distribution of the Internet via Wi-Fi and cable, say, more than 10 devices, and constantly download something, play online games, and perform other complex tasks, then you need a more powerful router. For example, as an option, you can watch TP-LINK Archer C20i, which also supports Wi-Fi 5 GHz.

This router without problems will distribute the Internet to several devices via Wi-Fi, and via a network cable. Judging by the information on the box, it can withstand online games, file downloads, etc. But you need to understand that everything is in moderation. If you run some heavy games on several computers at the same time, then most likely it will not withstand this load. If such budget models could cope with all the tasks, then who would buy a router that costs ten or more times more.

Specifications:
v.1
Wireless standard - 802.11n, 2.4 GHz frequency
MIMO support - is
Max. 300 Mbps wireless speed
Reception / Transmission
Information Security - WEP, WPA, WPA2
Transmitter power - 20 dBM
Access Point / Bridge Options

Switch - 4xLAN
Port speed - 100 Mbps
WDS technology support - is
Bridge mode - is

Router

Firewall (FireWall) - is
NAT - there is
SPI - is
DHCP server is
Dynamic DNS support - there is
DMZ - have
Static routing - is

VPN

VPN pass through support - is
PPTP support
Support - L2TP is
Support - IPSec

Antenna

The number of internal antennas - 2

Monitoring and Configuring

Web interface is

Additionally

Dimensions (WxHxD) 182x35x128 mm

v.2
HARDWARE CHARACTERISTICS
Interface 4 LAN ports 10/100 Mbps
1 10/100 Mbps WAN port
Buttons WPS / Reset Button
Antenna 2 fixed 5 dBi antennas
(only for hardware version 2)
External power supply 9 VDC current / 0.6 A
Standards of wireless data transmission IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n
Dimensions (WxLxH) 182 x 128 x 35 mm
PARAMETERS OF WIRELESS MODULE
Frequency range (receive and transmit) 2400-2483.5 MHz
11n transfer speed: up to 300 Mbps (dynamic)
11g: up to 54 Mbps (dynamic)
11b: up to 11 Mbps (dynamic)
Sensitivity (reception) 270 Mbps: -68 dBm with 10% PER
130 Mbps: -68 dBm with 10% PER
108 Mbps: -68 dBm with 10% PER
54 Mbps: -68 dBm with 10% PER
11 Mbps: -85 dBm with 8% PER
6 Mbps: -88 dBm with 10% PER
1 Mbps: -90 dBm with 8% PER
EIRP (Wireless Power)<20 dBm or<100 mW
Wireless Features Enable / Disable Wireless Broadcast, WDS Bridge, WMM, Wireless Statistics
Wireless Security 64/128/152-bit WEP / WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK

Useful links:
Firmware

For filling / editing questions caps press "complaint", then in the commentary write that it is necessary to add

Post has been editedM | A | G - 16.06.20, 23:26
Reason for editing: Ready firmware Padavan

Rep: (5)
Is it possible to use your dumps to overwrite your router without any adapters or repack?

Rep: (437)
* f0kysnik,
Not

Rep: (0)
Good evening!
Suddenly he became the owner of the promotional device from Kyivstar. When connected via Wi-Fi, the estimated communication speed is 2.5 Mbps, the return is 10.5 Mbps. This is at 100 mbps package. Surprised, thought a glitch. At home I checked the package 80mbit, reception 65mbit, return 25 Mbps. I sin on the router, but I’m not sure yet, I can’t check it yet. Did someone have this and what was the treatment?

Rep: (3)
Is it possible to use your dumps to overwrite your router without any adapters or repack?

Who needs to flash - contact ...

Rep: (1)
Guys tell me if you put openwrt on our router work ??
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=66223

Rep: (2)
At home I checked the package 80mbit, reception 65mbit, return 25 Mbps.

There was a misfortune with Rostelecom 100MB, for 740 models more than 20 did not give out, the "master" came to try the devices for an hour, then he called the base, there they digged, 82 reception 85 was leveled, after a week it received 38 feedback 80 -90, in as)))
I called again, they answered that the matter is in the router and they no longer work with the tiles ((

Rep: (124)
trait @ 01.26.17, 06:13*
Guys tell me if you put openwrt on our router work ??
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=66223
in the last message gave a link toworking firmware, 160 times downloaded it and there are no messages that it does not work

Post has been editedterakon - 26.01.17, 13:52

This firmware just throw and that's it?
Via tftp?

Rep: (8)
f0kysnik @ 01/26/17, 16:26*
This firmware just throw and that's it?
Via tftp?

not. judging by the file, this firmware flows through the web of the router. In any case, all manipulations with the firmware should be done on a router untied from the CS with a Chinese or original TP-Linkovsky boot.

Rep: (21)
Considering the fact that hardware version 3 is already on the way, I suggestbury stewardessslightly update the knowledge base
A photo:
TL-WR840N V2
Attached Image
Attached Image

Description:
Wi-Fi routerTL-WR840N is a combined device for wired / wireless access, specifically designed for use in small and home offices. TL-WR840N provides exceptional performance wireless data, making it ideal for viewing streaming video in HD format, as well as VoIP and online gaming. The device has a modern design. WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button provides encryption WPA2, which helps protect the network from external threats.
With support for 802.11n, the device provides wireless data transmission at speeds up to 300 Mbps, which meets the requirements of most home networks.
The presence of support for the SSA technology (assessment of channel availability) allows avoiding channel conflicts during data transmission. Thanks to the function of selecting and combining channels, the performance of the wireless connection increases significantly.

Specifications:
Attached Image

Useful links:

Post has been editedgedler - 27.01.17, 10:31

Rep: (8)
actually what people wanted. screenshots below.
welcome page
status page
Well, then everything is as usual in openvrt. for a knowledgeable person no questions arise with the setting.

As I wrote above, the firmware openwrite through the web interface of an already unlocked router.
on the status page writes
Model TP-LINK TL-WR841N / ND v9

but we know that it is not so :)
not a lot of console

wifi test
speedtest
cable test
speedtest

packet symmetric 100 mbps
Wi-Fi without encryption

Post has been editedhawkman - 28.01.17, 11:47

* hawkman
It was necessary to immediately and duplicate the firmware in your message and how to roll back to the stock firmware

Post has been editedterakon - 28.01.17, 12:20

Rep: (29)
Guys, give a clear answer, is it possible to untie the server from the CS via TFTP?
Or by the hawkman method (Message # 26) through the console connector?
Or just solder and rewrite the programmer chip?

Post has been editedserg_000 - 31.01.17, 00:34

Rep: (3)
It all depends on the revision, if TL-WR840N V2 then it should work, if V4, then there will be no guarantee .. The hardware changes and the firmware accordingly .. Try to fill it, if it works, then you will need to fill the correct firmware and settings for the wifi

But does this device have a separate wi-fi on / off button?

But does this device have a separate wi-fi on / off button?

Before v5 there wasn’t exactly, and judging by the v5 samples, it’s not provided either.
There is a WPS / Reset button. In theory, it can be used for these purposes.

UPD: Wireless On / Off button present on tl-wr841n / 841nd models, along with WPS / Reset and Power On / Off
And on tl-wr840n there is not even a power on / off button.

Post has been editedgedler - 31.01.17, 14:16

Before v5 there wasn’t
asked because had seenhttp://u.to/WqexDw hereand surprised

* terakon, most likely the information is unchecked plus outdated.
In the same place on the page they have tl-wr840n magically growing external antennas for themselves, although in the description they appear as internal ones. (ANDin the instructionsalso with external).

Post has been editedgedler - 01.02.17, 08:01

Rep: (1)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/…6c8b774b09a29246f2aaef

Who checked, works on a locked CS router?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 27/08/20, 3:29