Rep: (20)
TP-Link TL-WR840N - Discussion

A photo:
TL-WR840N V1
Attached Image
TL-WR840N V2
Attached ImageAttached Image

Description:
We need to start with the fact that TP-LINK TL-WR840N is exclusively a router for a small home or office. If you need to organize the distribution of the Internet via Wi-Fi and cable, say, more than 10 devices, and constantly download something, play online games, and perform other complex tasks, then you need a more powerful router. For example, as an option, you can watch TP-LINK Archer C20i, which also supports Wi-Fi 5 GHz.

This router without problems will distribute the Internet to several devices via Wi-Fi, and via a network cable. Judging by the information on the box, it can withstand online games, file downloads, etc. But you need to understand that everything is in moderation. If you run some heavy games on several computers at the same time, then most likely it will not withstand this load. If such budget models could cope with all the tasks, then who would buy a router that costs ten or more times more.

Specifications:
v.1
Wireless standard - 802.11n, 2.4 GHz frequency
MIMO support - is
Max. 300 Mbps wireless speed
Reception / Transmission
Information Security - WEP, WPA, WPA2
Transmitter power - 20 dBM
Access Point / Bridge Options

Switch - 4xLAN
Port speed - 100 Mbps
WDS technology support - is
Bridge mode - is

Router

Firewall (FireWall) - is
NAT - there is
SPI - is
DHCP server is
Dynamic DNS support - there is
DMZ - have
Static routing - is

VPN

VPN pass through support - is
PPTP support
Support - L2TP is
Support - IPSec

Antenna

The number of internal antennas - 2

Monitoring and Configuring

Web interface is

Additionally

Dimensions (WxHxD) 182x35x128 mm

v.2
HARDWARE CHARACTERISTICS
Interface 4 LAN ports 10/100 Mbps
1 10/100 Mbps WAN port
Buttons WPS / Reset Button
Antenna 2 fixed 5 dBi antennas
(only for hardware version 2)
External power supply 9 VDC current / 0.6 A
Standards of wireless data transmission IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n
Dimensions (WxLxH) 182 x 128 x 35 mm
PARAMETERS OF WIRELESS MODULE
Frequency range (receive and transmit) 2400-2483.5 MHz
11n transfer speed: up to 300 Mbps (dynamic)
11g: up to 54 Mbps (dynamic)
11b: up to 11 Mbps (dynamic)
Sensitivity (reception) 270 Mbps: -68 dBm with 10% PER
130 Mbps: -68 dBm with 10% PER
108 Mbps: -68 dBm with 10% PER
54 Mbps: -68 dBm with 10% PER
11 Mbps: -85 dBm with 8% PER
6 Mbps: -88 dBm with 10% PER
1 Mbps: -90 dBm with 8% PER
EIRP (Wireless Power)<20 dBm or<100 mW
Wireless Features Enable / Disable Wireless Broadcast, WDS Bridge, WMM, Wireless Statistics
Wireless Security 64/128/152-bit WEP / WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK

Useful links:
Firmware

For filling / editing questions caps press "complaint", then in the commentary write that it is necessary to add

Post has been editedM | A | G - 16.06.20, 23:26
Reason for editing: Ready firmware Padavan

Rep: (0)
I decided to update the router, bought TP-Link WR840N, my old Tenda W311R +. The problem is that the TP-Link does not see the WAN and Tenda cable ... I'll see TP-Link sees it but once a minute for a split second, I do not understand what the problem is .. I wan Tandy continuously blink however at least he sees it. Change the router because the speed has become smaller and disappear Inet times for 20 seconds with the WAN LED is extinguished. I like all vporyade provider, I sin either on the router or on the wiring, guys with routeromi first encounter who can help!

Rep: (978)
* teltar
Model router?

tp link wr840n

In general the problem lies in the fact that the Internet began to disappear in the 20-60 seconds several times a day, sometimes the speed drops greatly, for example by playing the game can be seen dramatically drop with Ping - Ping on 30 - 400 ++. Decided to buy a new router (tp-link wr840n) old (Tenda W311R +) when a new router, wan is blinking very slowly, once every 20 seconds, no .. Internet when connected to a computer on the line, too, sees no wan. But the old Tenda well see it up and running but that's a problem, to be honest I would like to solve the problem on its own without the provider .. Thanks in advance!

* xtdAlex0010 ,
Option 1try logging into the web interface of the router
Network>wan>determine the type of connection
Attached Image

Option 2
Press the wps / reset button and hold for 10-15 seconds then the router should reboot and try connecting the cable
Option 3
Make quick setup
Attached Image
Attached Image

Option 4
Find out what type of connection your ISP uses.

Post has been editedivan2280 - 27.11.16, 15:41

1. Static
2. It did not help
3. He says that he does not see the cable and this ends everything.
4. Well, as far as I understand static.

I just can not understand why the cable sees only the old router and others do not see, and when the provider asks how to fix the error, they say that they will come to install their new router and do everything themselves .. and as a matter of fact I bought the router for nothing.

* xtdAlex0010 When connecting an Ethernet cable to a router, does the Internet indicator light on your internet / ethernet port?
Attached Image

And does the settings indicator flash or does it just light up?
What is your version of the router?

Post has been editedivan2280 - 27.11.16, 16:26

Yes, on the old router, on the new one, no .. he doesn’t see it at all
New rotor (broken) Tp-link wr840n
Old router (working) Tenda W311R +

Posted on 11/27/2016 5:42 PM:

Ivan2280 @ 11.27.2016, 15:25*
And does the settings indicator flash or does it just light up?

On the old flashes, on the new there.

* xtdAlex0010 , then probably - factory marriage

Ivan2280 @ 11.27.2016, 16:42*
then probably - factory marriage

I doubt the laptop also doesn’t see the cable .. only the old router can see it.

Rep: (1973)
xtdAlex0010 @ 11/27/2016, 2:59 PM*
that they themselves will come to install their new router and do it all themselves .. and as a matter of fact I bought the router for nothing.

You need to clone the MAC address on the WAN port from the old router to the new one.
Attached Image

Post has been editedctich - 27.11.16, 20:46

You need to clone the MAC address on the WAN port from the old router to the new one.
Reduced by 54%

862 x 225 (32.29 KB)

But not in general, then something with a cable .. although it is strange that the old one works from it.

Rep: (119)
Good day. Now Kyivstar gives such routers to the Internet. Has someone already come across to reflash attached to Kyivstar?

Hello, this is the problem. A few days ago bought this router, connected, Internet works, IPTV, too, everything is fine. But, when I go to any online game, notice that ping jumps every 30-40 seconds to 1-2 seconds + on Skype at the same time fading for 1-2 SECOND DELAY such impressions going that stupid internet cuts off half a second. I began to look for the problem - the router is losing packets. The problem with the provider is no longer - when the cable is directly stuck in the computer, ping goes, there are no losses. Through a router - loses. Disable all add. functions, firewalls, IPTV, tried through Wi-Fi and the LAN, a loss here and there, trying to pick up the MTU size. Result: or packages do not go, or go to the losses. It remains only except to flash, but no new firmware and the old can not find anywhere else, except that the English put it. If you put the version below and in English will be no problems? or can be somehow in another way to solve this problem? Please help, because the return is not hunting I bought in another city, until sent there until the day send new 3-4 will be held ....

Post has been editedglum2134 - 08.12.16, 21:55

* glum2134 , did you try to change the ping in the settings?

what do you mean

Rep: (119)
ivan2280 @ 08.12.16, 14:32*
Personally, I did not flash it - I am satisfied with the stock, though sometimes the ping is big, and so are the rules (I have 1 version of the router)
I have OnLime

second version. the problem is that on smart tv it blocks dns

* glum2134 , there is a packet frequency in the settings (sort of). I’ve been setting it up for a long time, I don’t remember well what and how. Try to reset the data, or make a quick setup.

* glum2134 , packages

Posted 12.12.2016, 12:52:

* D_Devil tried reset?
Quick setup?

Rep: (30)
What chip inside this miracle?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 22/06/20, 15:32