> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Useful tricks on Android | Any device

Rep: (1530)
Useful Tricks on Android

Any device

For those who are not yet guided by the forum! This topic is not about useful programs, not to search for programs or help with devices!
You can ask only for android specific problems androidofonam, excluding third-party software, pre-searching a solution on the forum and in the Google.

We are looking for programs here.
The most necessary / must have / programs here.

What is this topic about?
Lifehaki, nishtyaki, utility, hidden capabilities of various software, components of "iron" smartphones and not only, find which even know how to use the search, is unrealistic. I bet that most of these features are unknown to you! Much here from personal experience, as in the description of different excellent programs there are no very useful things. Many nishtyakov scattered around the forum and usually come across the instructions of the caps of the topics on devices. But almost always there they remain, and users of other devices about their existence do not even suspect.
That is, this topic is not for the functions that are the main purpose of a program, but for disclosing their hidden features as well as all non-obvious techniques when using android smartphones that may be useful for someone, but obviously little known.

Forward using tweaks marked[R] (you must have root-rights), you must do Nandroid! I and the authors of the instructions for the bricks do not bear!
[T] - it is necessary to have a recovery (although there are options that will not need to install zips through it).

Separate useful program functions.
[T] [R] Android patches. Just an indispensable thing for those who put the program is not from the market or enjoy the benefits of different mods and Russified versions! Installing mods over the original versions, installing older versions and programs that have never been installed before! To install В® Xposed (if not) and then В® LuckyPatcher by ChelpuS , mark it in the list of modules and reboot the device.

[T] [R] Block unloading of certain programs from memory. Prevent the standard Task Killer from unloading the applications you need. All devices. (Post by shchelkynchik # 21751572)
For droid 5-6 put this versionAttached filede.robv.android.xposed.mods.appsettings-4cbfcda7a57bc7eb1b4530755ae377e5.apk(166.94 KB)

Downloading clips and even movies from sites where this possibility is not provided. Videoder (Post by alekcei1977 # 30639878)

[R] Solving the problem of recording on a memory card on Android 6 (maybe 5) Xiaomi Redmi 3S / 3X - MIUI Firmware (OS 6.0) (Post armind94 # 51928245) . There is also a xposed module, it almost completely restores access to the card on the 6th droid - http: //repo.xposed.inf…/com.pyler.xinternalsd

[R] Saving battery by turning off unused cell frequencies. Xiaomi Redmi 3s - Discussion (Post Ildar16 # 53367597) . There may be problems with the Internet / connection!

[R] Saving battery by turning off the media server. Just click on the first switch in https: //play.google.co..._cliff.sdfixtool&hl=en It does not hurt if you use programs for viewing / listening to media in which you want to specify the scanned folders. Otherwise, the database of songs or galleries may lose relevance and in the same program you will need to rescan manually.

Watching video at great speeds. from other devices, routers running Ftp server. Suddenly! ES File Explorer File Manager (Post dim ^ n # 49725014) You only need to set up an FTP connection in this program, and open video files!

Record any audiostrim. To install ES File Explorer File Manager open m3u list with it, long press on the item, share button. Record move from /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.estrongs.android.pop/tmp/share/ manually, then click "cancel" in the ES Explorer.

Always know how much space is left on the drives. To put Elixir 2 (Post Lares # 8808483) And set the "Status Bar", that is, the widget in the curtain. As an option, it will be so
Attached Image

"Day mode". Who can not add a separate "Invert" button to the curtain, you can configure the "Special features" settings shortcut via QuickShortcutMaker or set CF.lumen (Post OmgGG # 33279259)

Internal file associations. If you often open different files through the file manager, and the system is tired of what often forgets which program to open. Total Commander for Android (Post spidey_07 # 12252154) . Also it can ES File Explorer File Manager .

Set scrollable or fixed wallpaper to choose from. Just install through QuickPic Gallery if launcher supports options.

[R] Display color calibration

[T] [R] Firmware utilities from recovery.
A large selection of sound packs from different smarts! Xiaomi Redmi 3s - Modification and decorations (Post dim ^ n # 58914017)

Improving cameras 13-16Mp Xiaomi Redmi 3S / 3X - MIUI Firmware (OS 6.0) (Post dimon03091970 # 54958865)

Increased performance due to system cache. ZTE Blade GF3 (T320) - Firmware (Post No_Hammer # 73925836) What makes the patch.

Hibernation instead of shutting down. For CM11 Sony Xperia Z - CyanogenMod Firmware (OS 4.x.x) (Post BrateloSlava # 32892463) for CM12.x Sony Xperia Z - CyanogenMod Firmware (Post Mr. Mayor # 42582744)

Reset password / fingerprint / key lock screen , if you forgot or as a result of some bug it stopped working. Useful Tricks on Android (Post bullik01 # 56646077)

Fix to defrost all applications if the system failed due to freezing. В® Link2SD (Post intro555 # 25738191)

Save space on / data by disabling the creation of dalvik / art cache in full. Most likely, it does not work on Android 7 and above. Sony Xperia M - CyanogenMod 12 Firmware (OS 5.x.x) (Post intro555 # 41277907) . Attention, the overall performance will decrease, a variety of system glitches are possible !!

Automatically add lines to build.prop . If you constantly flush, and tired of adding your options to build.prop Android update-script (Post intro555 # 22780360)

Firmware archives for firmware in system, data, script execution. Just add any files to your archive manager and flash it through recovery! Description in the name of the archives! Autoreboot - autoreboot into the system after flashing.

Possible solution to turn off overlay error . Not tested on MIUI!
Samsung SM-G935F Galaxy S7 Edge - Unofficial Firmware (Wlryss Post # 51825566)
Network
If the Internet disappears while being in the network mob. the operator. Solution options.

[R] If WIFI is slower than I would like . Carefully! The path for this file may be different, but the effect will still be!

[T] [R] Possible increase in 3G connection speed. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro - MIUI Firmware (OS 5.x - 6.x) (Post SerVBul # 51030238)

Everything is different.
Zram. Increased multitasking without noticeable minuses.
If there is Memory Optimization in the "For Developers" settings, then we can say that lucky, no, it means using third-party programs.

[R] Deleting your Google Account.
microG Services Core (Post dimych_vd # 70313656)

How to allow access to the Google account to third-party programs.
K-9 Mail (Post Risen Symbian # 90687472)

Opening mht (saved web pages). Options - The way to open * .mht files

How to find out the password from the wifi in the connected phone?
Help in finding programs for Android OS (Post MAOQ # 54351529)

How to add letters to the contact number Useful Tricks on Android (Fast pechkiv # 71775570)

If the lock type "hold on the screen is not active. Useful Tricks on Android (Post shiftalt55 # 61614801)

[R] How to speed up the system slightly. Useful Tricks on Android (Post OMOIKANE # 82505126)
Another option.

If not downloaded downloaded apk
Useful Tricks on Android (Post dim ^ n # 66690328)

[R] New camera features - camera2api . What is it - http://www.marginz.co.nz/snap/?page_id=152 Installation - add line to build.prop
persist.camera.HAL3.enabled = 1
In Snap Camera, FV-5 Camera, Manual Camera, enable this item in the settings. Glitches are possible, then return as was build.prop and camera settings.

[R] Does your firmware support init.d. В® Improving battery performance tenfold (Post Bobko_904 # 30753902)

[R] How to change the file system from ext4 to f2fs, getting a speed boost.

How to enable power saving mode Doze.

[T] Delete all contacts via TWRP

Fast charge

[T] [R] Replacing the proprietary (from Google) system application WebView (VEBVEY) on
Bromite System WebView

[R] Possible ways to reduce energy consumption.

How to choose the APK for download from the resource 4pda.

Why can there be specific bugs that no one knows how to fix? Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 - Informal firmware (OS 4.xx) (Post Ersten # 29096890)

[R] How to get logs when a bug / departure / reload occurs (logcat and kmsg) - Sony Xperia M / M Dual - CyanogenMod 11 Firmware (OS 4.4.x) (Post intro555 # 31741395)

Separate selections
[R] Releasing internal memory. Sony Xperia M / M Dual - Discussion (Post agur4ik09 # 30650863) Most of the ways are my workings out. In addition to the substitution of memory, the methods are universal for different devices!

[R] Tweaks build.prop Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro - Discussion (Post all1651 # 50061260)
Topics
The Android device optimizer from the category of "all in one", to improve performance and energy saving without harming anything.

Extremely miniature replacement for the Market and other gaps microG GmsCore is a FLOSS framework . What a good idea - it takes a couple of dozen and not hundreds of megabytes, does not load and does not sit down the device, does not update, so it does not consume the traffic and memory of the device, there are not many specific market sores, such as the inability to download or departures, because the assembly is very easy and works well.

The operator blocks the distribution of the Internet

Create update.zip patch for firmware through recovery

[T] Install Busybox

Recover data from internal memory

Uninstalling Android system apps

Google Account Bypass (FRP) Ways After Reset

The whole topic of tweaksScripts, tweaks, collect them all

Post has been editeddim ^ n - 26.10.20, 17:51

Rep: (247)
* xtra , and just in the list of applications you tried to turn off the stock launcher?

Rep: (0)
I do not know in which section to develop this topic.
New Samsung firmware blocks memorization of a combination of numbers in the keyboard shortcut. Samsung explains this by security in caring for bank card numbers. Tell me where to write about it.

Rep: (33)
ShuNaher @ 03/27/18, 16:23*
not only numbers, but also a letter to add.

I dare ask why?

The best patch is to flash Viper. Any audio video patches are best done for specific devices, universal ones will not harm at best.

Rep: (55)
* Nahkriin , and not easier to put a nova launcher?

SuperAndroidOC @ 09/15/18, 15:09*
Is not it easier to put a nova launcher?
or apex

Rep: (2515)
* SuperAndroidOC , or even a lawn (Lawnchair to deliver) ... Well, or similar to Pixel ...

* Nahkriin Well, everything depends on the device

* Nahkriin , it's hard to say about ... You need to know at least the size and cutting of the screen ...

Rep: (0)
tell me how to register IMEI

Rep: (649)
How many dpi do I need to put in order for the desktop to have 5 icons?
I have a grid of 5x5 icons at 360dpi.
When changed to 400dpi, it becomes 6x6.

* demon24rus , I want to change IMEI

Post has been editedDiman_3452 - 15.09.18, 19:39

Rep: (4)
Good day. How on Android 8.1 is better And better configure GPU acceleration? In the developers menu, all items are disabled. Does it make sense to include them.
Attached Image
Attached Image

* Aze1978 , on my different devices, switching to gpu led to an increased level without a noticeable performance increase, especially the "4x MSAA".

Post has been editeddim ^ n - 22.09.18, 15:06

Rep: (23)
The method of flashing without battery and because of the battery. Most likely works on most other devices.
Tyk

Post has been editedkrasnoshtan - 16.11.18, 22:52

Rep: (3)
Forgot how to clean the device cache through a regular TWRP?

Rep: (11)
Vector + , it can be a regular TWRP and it differs from a non-regular one, on my non-regular one: reboot into TWRP — Cleaning — below Selective cleaning and there you choose what to clean.

Rep: (7)
And who knows where the separate Google voice search widget for Android 8 disappeared?

Rep: (291)
Hello, friends.
I would like to use a fingerprint sensor instead of entering a password in applications (Sberbank for example), but the OS requires adding a “secure screen lock type” to add fingerprints, which does not suit me. The device Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) SM-A520F, OS 8.1, there is a root-access (Magisk Manager).
Have any thoughts or experience?

Rep: (102)
Hello. I did not find a more suitable topic ... I am interested in the question whether it is possible to carry out the first launch of android 9 (first setting) without an internet connection? Google services are installed.

Rep: (1)
Sorry, I do not know where to ask, help me figure it out - Android 4.1.2 on 2013 Zopo950:

WhatsApp video messages stop after 1 sec, the arrow is spinning with a disk, no longer goes, can the memory be clogged?

no message "little memory"

How to clean up old videos and pictures? or where they lie, I have Total Commander,
they can wipe.

Post has been editedcuneiform - 14.01.19, 16:18

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 30.10.20, 00:24