> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Accelerate 3G connections on any Android device
Survey 1. Results of activation of compression
Which cellular operators earned?
Beeline [ 29 ] ** [9,39%]
Mts [ 47 ] ** [15,21%]
Megaphone [ 28 ] ** [9,06%]
Tele2 [ 41 ] ** [13,27%]
Yota [ 31 ] ** [10,03%]
Other operator [ 35 ] ** [11,33%]
Still not working on any ... [ 100 ] ** [32,36%]
Which cellular operators did not work?
Beeline [ 35 ] ** [11,33%]
Mts [ 28 ] ** [9,06%]
Megaphone [ 25 ] ** [8,09%]
Tele2 [ 39 ] ** [12,62%]
Yota [ 29 ] ** [9,39%]
Other operator [ 69 ] ** [22,33%]
Everywhere earned [ 87 ] ** [28,16%]
What's up with ping?
Ping decreased (good) [ 92 ] ** [29,77%]
Minor changes [ 152 ] ** [49,19%]
Ping increased (bad) [ 52 ] ** [16,83%]
Would you recommend a way to friends? ;)
Yes [ 179 ] ** [57,93%]
Not [ 115 ] ** [37,22%]
Total votes: 309

Rep: (55)
Accelerate 3G connectivity on any Android device by activating data compression

Greetings
Reading a life hacker, stumbled uponinteresting article. Because I did not find an existing topic on the forum about this modification, I decided to create it in order to promote a way to the masses!

Summary table with the results. Open for editing.

Links to posts in other topics with the results of testing this method

Test results sent to QMS
Please do not post results in QMS. Write in this thread.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
Hello! Unfortunately, the subject did not work in my case - Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro 3 / 32Gb (AOSP-RRO 6.0.1), operator Velcom 3g, Belarus, Gomel.
Before
Attached Image
Attached Image

After
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

I would be glad if my results will be with others under the spoiler) Well, it was interesting, thanks!

For the result, thanks to u.kurserjah .

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
Acceleration of 3G CDMA Intertelecom (Ukraine)
Good afternoon, I requested your script, everything went well, without a script the speed is 0.35 - 0.64 mb / s (3G CDMA), after the script - 0.9 - 1.04 mb / s. Many thanks for your hard work !!!
Device Redmi Note 3 Pro Global Developer 16.12.8

For the result, thanks to u.pavl-wb .

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
Hi, on my sgs4mini 9192 android 7.1 phone, the first two methods only made it worse, and the third one made the wrong link.
Standard: Download 6.22, returns 3.59, ping 34.
Method 2: Download 3.47, return 1.16, ping 31.
Method 1: Download 2.82, return 2.57, ping 31.

For the result, thanks to u.asd_13 .

ZUK Z2
Good evening. Model ZUK Z2, custom-based runoff 7Andrey.
Ping increased, was 62-66, became 71.
But the speed is more, if that is possible.

For the result, thanks to u.black3383 .

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
Internet speedup did not work, "Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro; Citrus CAF Firmware - Android 7.1.2" I tried the one in the subject and 1st way, created the "peers" folder with the rights - 755 and threw the file with the rights 555 anyway and yes operator "Life Cell"

For the result, thanks to u.Ramses6259 .

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
Before manipulation 40-48. After 20-22 mb / s 4g
Redmi note 3 pro 2/16 miroom 10.2 ± radon 6.0

For the result, thanks to u.alb-99 .

A bit of theory and observation
The article on lifehacker refers to the sourcexdaas well as usedJacobson’s TCP / IP header compression method.
The method is based on configuring a PPPD daemon - a Point-to-Point Protocol Daemon daemon. You can read more about this.here.
On my 4G smartphone, the data download speed increased only in the 3G connection mode, and in the 4G connection mode it remained equal (within the margin of error, of course). The change in speed in the second generation network did not check, because my operator in this range does not serve.
That is, the acceleration is relevant only to those who have the network at least sometimes works in 3G connection mode.

If interested, welcome to the instructions.
Disclaimer
I remind you that you perform all actions at your own peril and risk; no one is responsible for their consequences. It is recommended that you first read the instructions completely, evaluate your capabilities, and then proceed with the implementation.

Installation Instructions
After updating the system, you must reinstall! Read more inUseful ->Note on the location of the file in the system.
Using customrecovery(script version 16.8)
If there is Ruth access, then you should first try the Ruth method. there ismessage, that after flashing the archive, the device stopped loading! It is strongly recommended to make a backup!

1. Measure the speed of the 3G connection before executing the instructions (I like to use the site2ip.ru/speed), write / scroll / remember the result.
2. Save fileAttached fileupdate-speed-up-3g-16.8.zip(176.22 KB)
on the device and flash it through the recovery.
3. [optional] Just in case, after installation, check for the presence of a fileoptionsin folder/ system / etc / ppp, if it was not copied there, the acceleration will not work (please informto mein QMS).
4. Check the speed increase in 3G connection mode: measure the speed at the same place where it was measured for the first time, and compare it with the previous result.

If there are no special changes, you can try another installation method or go to the removal instructions :(

Results sent to QMS:
This method works on: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro with TWRP 3.0.0-0 recovery.
This method does not work for: Lenovo P70-A with TWRP v3.0.2.0 recovery.

Instruction written by userSerVBul , inspired by the way uv. alexax66 .

UsingROOTaccess
Under the spoilers are explaining screenshots (for example, Root Explorer).

1. Measure the speed of the 3G connection before executing the instructions (I like to use the site2ip.ru/speed), write / scroll / remember the result.
2. SaveAttached fileoptions.zip(398 bytes)
on the device.
3. Unpack the archive and move the fileoptionsfolder/ system / etc / ppp.
To item 3
The file is copied to the desired folder:
Attached Image

4. Change permissions for this file: in the "Read" and "Execute" columns, set three checkboxes each, and in the "Record" column, on the contrary, there should be no checkboxes. Thus, file permissions take the form "r-x r-x r-x" or 0555.
To item 4
In different file managers, changing file properties is done differently, for example, in the Root Explorer you need to make a long tap on the file, click on three points and in the opened window select "Permissions":
Attached Image

The file system may be write protected. You need to enable recording:
Attached Image

We set permissions:
Attached Image

You must return the write protection. Push the button:
Attached Image

The inscription r / o says that the file system is in read only mode - write-protected:
Attached Image

5. Reboot the device.
6. Check the speed increase in 3G connection mode: measure the speed at the same place where you measured the first time, and compare it with the previous result.

If there are no special changes, you can try another installation method or go to the removal instructions :(

Instruction written by userSerVBul based on lifehacker's instructions dimgor .

In development: using adb shell; manually using ROOT.

Removal Instructions
Using ROOT access
  1. Delete a file/ system / etc / ppp / options.
  2. Reboot device.

Instruction written by userSerVBul based on lifehacker's instructions dimgor .

In development: using custom recovery; using adb shell.

Useful
How to measure the speed of the 3G connection
If your device does not work only in 3G mode, measuring 3G speed can be a problem, because device in the testing process can switch to another generation of communication. Therefore, you need to activate the "3G only" mode.
Instruction (on different devices the process may differ slightly):
  1. In the call to dial* # * # INFO # * # *(i.e. in numbers*#*#4636#*#*), the test window should automatically open (you do not need to press the call button).
  2. Select item "Phone information"(if there are several SIM cards in your device, then it may be offered a choice for which SIM to change the settings).
  3. Scroll and find the drop-down menu under the heading "Set preferred network type".
  4. Remember that it is selected by default (to return as it was after the test).
  5. Select item "WCDMA only"(on different devices may be called"3G only", "HSDPA only"...).
  6. Wait a few seconds for the connection to restart.
  7. Check connection speed.
  8. Reset the settings to their original state (repeat steps 1-6).

I can add that on my smartphone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro) after rebooting, the network type returns to its default position.

Note on the location of the file in the system
Because fileoptions(which runs the acceleration) is in the folder/ systemAfter flashing / updating the system, its automatic removal is possible. Therefore, after each such action, you must install again.

Other ways to accelerate the connection
You can check other ways:
* Method 1
* Method 2
* Method 3 (ADB)
All of them are planned to be added to the header and design.

* Description of the current options file

* Test the load time of the real file

I received both gratitude and the message that the acceleration failed. Let's figure it out! Do not forget to vote in the poll. We add our results to the pivot table. For suggestions on filling caps write toQMSto userSerVBul . In this topic, you can also write: welcome information about the model of the device, the cellular operator, and, of course, about the result of the done manipulations.
We hide the screenshots under the spoiler: we respect other users who do not want to spend traffic on pictures! (Short lesson "How to clean images under spoiler")

Topic looking forcurator. It is necessary to keep the topic up to date, as well as bring to mind the methods of installation and removal.

Post has been editedSerVBul - 13.03.19, 12:00

Rep: (666)
Here you have perhaps the last proof that your file does not work. I made a program that emulates the command pppd with the options specified in the file header of the branch. All absolutely shell option swears errors. You can see them for yourself by installing a program. For convenience, I brought each command on a separate button. In principle, it was possible to do without the program. Your options file simply adds an option to the shell command pppd. That is, it is just 4 posledovatelnotakie shell request:
pppd crtscts
pppd VJ
pppd bsdcomp
pppd deflate
That is, if the terminal repeat all 4 teams, it will be done properly and what is written in the options file. What, exactly, I realized in the program.
The program requires Ruth, because the address to pppd impossible without Ruth

Attached filepppd_test.2.apk(3.86 MB)

Post has been editedStupidSage - 15.06.19, 11:40

Rep: (0)
permit system / etc / ppp / options 0644 -ili kak ??

Rep: (3)
* *** alaniv ***, 0555

Rep: (1)
I helped! Le 2 X526 android 10 Arrow OS
megaphone operator

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (986)
M
* mrg78 Refer to the topic of your device. This topic is not conducted firmware discussion

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 09/03/20, 3:24