Compatible models
Galaxy S7, S7 edge, S6, S6 edge, S6 edge +, Note5
Memory
External memory
MicroSD (Up to 256 GB)
Camera
Sensor
CMOS, 15.0 MP x2
Default Output Pixel (Count Equivalent to)
25.9 MP
Video recording resolution
360 В° (3840 x 1920) @ 30fps
f Number
f / 2.0
physical characteristics
Dimensions (H x W x D)
56.3 x 66.7 x 60.1 mm
Weight (g)
Battery
Standard battery capacity
1350 mAh
Removable battery
Yes
Video Recording Time (Dual 2560x1280 @ 30fps)
Up to 140 m
Video Recording Time (Single 1920x1080 @ 30fps)
Up to 160 m
Audio and Video
Video Recording Format
Mp4
Video Recording Compression
H.265 (HEVC)
Audio Recording Compression
AAC
Number of MIC
GEAR 360 Known Issues
1. The alignment of the horizon in PHOTOS, with automatic stitching using a PC and ActionDirector DOES NOT PERFORM !!!

Treatment Using third-party software and manual merging of sources.

2. Lens fogging
Examples ofcondensate problemson the picture (turn the mouse wheel zoom and look at the loss of detail)

Example of Fogging 1 (1/4000 c. ISO-100)
Download stitched source

Fogging Example 2 (1/3200 c. ISO-100)
Download stitched source

Fogging Example 3 (1/800 c. ISO-100)
Download stitched source

Examples ofcondensate problemson VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0abnke06ec

Treatment condensate inside the chamber link .

3. Overheat.
Overheating causes two problems at once, the first one described above is condensate, and the second is that the camera is simply cut off after 12-15 continuous video shoots from overheating.
Treatment - homemade radiator: examples of homemade radiators for cooling Gear360

4. A very severely limited number of officially supported phones (these are only SGS 6 and SGS 7 (now also SGS8)).
Treatment - The use of modified applications, with the removed zalochki under the manufacturer, and for very weak (old) devices also with the cut out LiveView module.

- Modified Gear360Managerwith the support LiveView (i.e. real-time viewfinder), however, this version only works on top-end flagship devices (SONY Z5, etc.) from other manufacturers. And does not support devices like SGS4. (On condition of sufficient power and modernity of the phone, it supports the full functionality of the Gear 360 Manager, but because of this the range of supported phones is not too wide).
DownloadSamsung Gear 360 Manager Bin4ry mod
If this mod did not work on your phone, try to install the RVFX360 mod with the cut out LiveView.

- Modified Gear360Managerwithout LiveView support and auto-flashing in the phone, BUT supporting any phone model with Android 5.0+ (except Android 6 like). The ROSTOVisualFX mod only allows you to use the phone as a remote control and also change camera settings, such as shutter volume, turning off red LED indicators, changing white balance, exposure compensation, limiting the maximum possible ISO values, and turning on HDR mode.
DownloadSamsung Gear 360 Manager RVFX360 mod

- The new official Gear 360 Manager with support for two models of Gear 360 (2016) and Gear 360 (2017) cameras, but on old phones still does not work (only Galaxy S8, S8 +, S7, S7 edge, Note5, S6 edge +, S6, S6 edge, A5 (2017), A7 (2017))
Install from Google.Play

5. Severe lack of accessories (in particular, Aquabox).
Treatment - Search Used on Avito and other sites
Comparing Gear 360 and Gear 360 (2017)
Comparing Gear 360 and Gear 360 (2017)
Gear 360 (old)
Aperturef2.0
Photo360Лљ:30MP (7776 x 3888)
Video360Лљ:3840 x 1920 (30fps)
Battery:1350 mAh

Gear 360 (2017)
Aperturef2.2 (worse)
Photo360Лљ:15MP (5472 x 2736) (worse, at such a low resolution, your panorama will not even be accepted for 360cities service)
Video360Лљ:4096 x 2048 (24fps) A low frame rate kills the advantage of a meager increase in video resolution (24p video looks rather worse than 30p in the old version of the camera).
Battery:1160 mAh(weaker)
Comparison of Gear 360 (2016) with peers from competitors:

LG is not even considered a competitor, because You on YouTube can see for yourself the awful even sparse video quality of LG’s counterpart that is not close.

Comparison of Samsung Gear 360 with Nikon and ricoh (Post by ganzikov # 59323802)
Useful

• Before posting read the message Video section rules
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedOleg Vereshchagin - 19.09.20, 22:35
Reason for editing: Curator

Rep: (4)
Hacked Gear 360 application runs on the cheap Xiaomi Note 3 Pro 3GB / 32GB (costs 12.5tr). Everything works except for firmware updates and stitching. That is, you can control the exposure and ISO, see the composition of the frame in live view, see the contents of the memory card.
The author of the hacked version is waiting for an update from Samsung, maybe after this the crosslinking will work on this device too.

On the one hand, stitching is not very necessary, you can do it on a computer. On the other hand, after stitching on the phone, the bitrate is twice as high, they say .. Some kind of nonsense, but this is Samsung, what good to expect from them. Maybe the action director will also update and finish, it would be nice ...

Post has been editedVigilant - 26.08.16, 17:06

Rep: (4)
Zveris @ 08.26.2016, 11:35*
So far, so hmm .... FICHI :) I have not watched myself

The feature is not very noticeable, you need to take a closer look to see fogging (you can see it much better on video). Playback conditions: +18 degrees, humidity ~ 90% (it drizzles on the street, the camera is under a canopy), it is turned on for 15-20 minutes, it writes in the maximum quality and the live view works on the phone (i.e. it is fully loaded, and recording, and wifi).
In colder weather it will be worse, one must think.
Misting is pretty quick.
But anyway, some uncomfortable crap again.

By the way, did anyone understand how to slip your own logo down the video? In the Premiere it’s clear, but in the application on the phone / action director on the computer there is no such feature?

Rep: (17)
I encountered fogging in the summer when shooting on a crocodile farm, the humidity is wild, the temperature is about +35 .... but this did not affect the quality of the photo ... it took about 15 minutes of inactivity ....

regarding compatible phones, as I understand it, there are 2 key points: Android 5 and above + 2 and more gigabytes of memory ... although I tried it on asus, it didn’t work ... on my lenovo yogatab 3 starts, and that's it :( but I have 1 gig of operative ...

And regarding the expectation of something new from Samsung, I wouldn’t do it until the New Year ... the camera is niche, there is no demand beyond ... at the Enemy office. The site gave a curious answer to the question:
"How to update the camera firmware if there is no Samsung flagship?
Answer SAMSUNG - At the moment, we can recommend finding the Samsung flagship from friends, install software on it, update and then remove the application from the phone ... We apologize "

Rep: (8)
Gear360 @ 08.26.2016, 19:49*
I encountered fogging in the summer when shooting on a crocodile farm, the humidity is wild, the temperature is about +35 .... but this did not affect the quality of the photo ... it took about 15 minutes of inactivity ....

ViGilant @ 08.26.2016, 17:09*
you need to take a closer look to see fogging (you can see it much better on the video). Playback conditions: +18 degrees, humidity ~ 90% (it drizzles outside, the camera under a canopy)

Oh, about fogging - I’m renting a week, I also can’t do it at all WHY SUCH AN UNSTABLE PICTURE QUALITY!
I just turned on the Gear 360 right away - cool photos, in 10-15 minutes everything was already soapy, the photo was blurry, as if the optics or the matrix were really fogging.
Maybe all the same, it’s rather overheating? Or is fogging not due to the external climate, but to the fact that the internal condensate from the factory starts to evaporate when the camera heats up and condenses on the matrix or lenses?
Because I have the conditions in Rostov-on-Don Wild heat and dry weather, removed and at +35 and yesterday at +30 and humidity only 29%. I personally have allions of SAMSUNG Gear 360 jambs in sunny and hot weather (we have no other time at this time). Houses with bad lighting removes perfectly - you will leave on the street (waiting for even more), and one disappointment. At best, only the first few pictures after switching on are turned cool, then everything is samped due to the fog, overheating, toli because of overheating ... (I remove from the tripod from DJI OSMO, with a timer of the self-selection of 5 sec.)

And why no one talks aboutGear 360 Accessory Value Kit for only 3600r you can buy a remote control. I haven’t started buying yet, because of the utopian tripod of an unknown purpose, mine for DJI Osmo is much better, the legs are as flat as possible at the ground level, and the stick is stretched as vertically as possible and the camera self-cuts out right under it, and 3 legs lying directly on the ground no need to gloss over the mind)

My question is, why when auto-stitching from ActionDirector from the Cyberlink Cryosoft, do they add XHC to one video and YHC to another?

Gear360 @ 08.26.2016, 14:08*
- the third option is not obvious and no one has written about it (well, I haven’t met either on Russian or on enemy forums), you can walk, click the camera and at the same time get IMMEDIATELY stitched panoramas in the camera memory ...

Gear360 , please, tell me the secret - how can I shoot with auto-stitching in the camera itself?

Post has been editedLG P970 Optimus Black - 28.08.16, 15:18

Rep: (92)
LG P970 Optimus Black @ 08.28.2016, 15:16*
Just immediately turned on the Gear 360 - cool photos, in 10-15 minutes everything is already soapy soap

Right! This is not a defocus, but a fogging! I have everything 1: 1

And what kind of a whale is it - you can link, and where to buy in the Russian Federation? (tired of smart connect - long)

Zveris @ 08/28/2016, 18:34*
And what kind of a whale is it - you can link, and where to buy in the Russian Federation? (tired of smart connect - long)

Buy Gear 360 AccessoryValue kit
I have not bought a whale yet, I hopeBin4ry will finish the mod for android. And so this store I tested, in it I bought my SGS4 LTE + and a couple of 8Tb external HDDs of 18k rubles each.

Zveris @ 08/28/2016, 18:34*
Right! This is not a defocus, but a fogging! I have everything 1: 1

There are ideas how to dry it inside?

Post has been editedLG P970 Optimus Black - 28.08.16, 20:46

Rep: (28)
Has anyone connected Gear360 with Note4? Will it work fine? Oddly enough, SamsungGear360Manager version 1.0.4 was installed on Note4 (although it had to swear, which is not compatible). Then he starts looking for the Gear360 for bluetooth, but the Gear360 is not available, so it is unclear whether it will work fully or not.

Post has been editedalek-sasha - 28.08.16, 23:49

1. About to dry, the only option suggests itself (the camera is not tight):
- take a lot of selicogel or rice
- place the tuds of the camera with an open hatch so that there is the possibility of moisture exhaustion
- Well, probably wait at least a day ...

2. Regarding Gear 360 Accessory Value Kit (Part Number ET-YC200BBEGWW (or EZ-C200P))
- all that is useful there (IMHO) is a quick-detachable head and its fastening and, possibly, a remote control
- immediately the question "The remote control is 100% blue-tooth, will any other blue-tooth remote control work with the camera? On the same EVEU of such remote controls 100 rubles / kg"
By the way, judging by the description, the remote control is not waterproof, which again makes it impossible to work in conjunction with the mythical (so far) underwater boxing ... (the number of the box of the underwater EF-YC200BTEGWW (or EZ-C200H) will suddenly come across ...) or to the tselofanku and so swim :))

3. Auto-stitching without using a smartphone
Chukchi is not a writer, he does Chukchi with his hands, so get the algorithm:

So step by step:
1. Launch on ANY STREET VIEW smartphone
2. Connect the camera (for me, like everyone else over Wi-Fi) and check that the camera icon in the RIGHT bottom corner has turned blue
3. Make sure that the camera is connected to the STREET VIEW mode (for those who have forgotten, the letter G lights up on the top window
4. We send the smartphone to sleep (I turn off the button with a banal button), but at the same time, the G icon continues to light on the camera
5. We take pictures as usual with a button (well, or with a remote control, who has it)
6. After shooting, we connect the camera to the computer and observe files in the directory with the name SAM _ *** (such names are assigned, as we recall, to pictures taken on one lens)
7. We open the resulting pictures and enjoy automatically stitched panoramas ... if desired, we correct them in any convenient editor ...
8. After all, I import images from the camera into STREET VIEW, not forgetting to refuse to delete photos from the camera itself.

So it turns out that the possibility of auto-stitching was originally laid down in the camera program and for some reason was blocked by the manufacturer.

Threat. I have the original firmware, as There is no Samsung smartphone, I can’t reflash it yet :(

4. They haven’t voiced it yet, but people are already trying to swim packing the camera in a plastic bag for documents (xs, as we correctly call it, but it’s easy to find on the same EBAY, the main thing is to choose the sizes ...) I tried to use this for a long time, but with a soap box ...
http: //360rumors.blogs...and-insta360-nano.html
http: //360rumors.blogs...-case-for-samsung.html

5. If you are interested, more about the camera and its features can be read herehttp: // 360camerasforum ... amsung-gear-360-forum /

Post has been editedGear360 - 29.08.16, 09:23

Gear360 @ 08.29.2016, 09:20*
1. About to dry, the only option suggests itself (the camera is not tight):
- take a lot of selicogel or rice
- place the tuds of the camera with an open hatch so that there is the possibility of moisture exhaustion
- Well, probably wait at least a day ...

I also wanted to write about it today, but you got ahead.
This morning I decided to open the plug of the Gear 360 camera and look at the tightness inside, I found it seemed like multiple holes. I removed both the memory card and the battery and put a bag of silica gel in the battery compartment, set a backup so that the plug did not close, and put it in the sun on the loggia and closed the door, then the oven turns out there.
Unsubscribe by results.
Attached Image

Gear360 , for the method of auto-stitching panoramas directly on the Gear 360, thank you very much, plus.
Be sure to try this method as soon as I dry the camera.

What is the current firmware version? I haveC200GLU0APE4 .
What prevents you from taking the camera, going to any communication salon and reflashing to SGS7 if there is no phone. Well, I don’t know if I need to flash, maybe the firmware is so up-to-date.

Post has been editedLG P970 Optimus Black - 29.08.16, 09:57

About going to the salon is cool :) sorry I have no friends there, and so it would be possible to go with my SIM card and download the update ...
Regarding the firmware, then if I'm not mistaken, everything goes the same from the factory. I have the stock firmware C200GLU0APC9
While the network had information about only one new firmware ...

Gear360 @ 08.29.2016, 15:59*
sorry I have no friends there, and so it would be possible to go with my SIM card and download the update ...

I was in the Samsung store today - I was allowed to try connecting the Gear 360 to the hedgehog and raccoon 7 dummies.

However, none of them, despite the Gear360Manager preinstalled application, refused to connect to my Gear360. The application seems to see the camera, I click on it, spin for a long time then says it’s unable to connect to the Gear360. In general, the seller said that this is most likely due to the fact that they are dummies, or you need to update the software on these dummies before it works. But the fact that neither SGS 7 Edge did not want to connect either Note 7 (well, or rather the demo version without GSM).

Well, I have at least a mod version connected to SGS4, only Liveveiw hangs. And here in general in any way.
So about firmware upgrade by going to the salon, at least Samsung can be forgotten. Although if you do not mind the traffic, you can upgrade on their dummy android and there you look and ride. He connected Wi-Fi from his SGS4, on the Note 7 he was a dummy, and he immediately suggested updating the Android software, well, I didn’t update it, although I still have 3GB of traffic burned out in a week, I just didn’t have time to lose it.

Drying outGear 360 in the sun with silica gel on the loggia does not help. Everything is still the first 5-10 minutes, the quality is good, then soap soap.
If you turn it off for 15 minutes and turn it on again, then again more or less sharply, but not for long. But it’s better to shoot 3-5 panoramas and turn off the camera, leaving it to cool in the shade, and remove the battery to speed it up.

Apparently the holes in the chamber are not enough and it is possible to dry it normally only by completely disassembling.Gear 360 is assembled in Vietnam - you can imagine the humidity there ...
Although it is possible that overheating may in some other way degrade quality.

How do you charge the Gear 360? Got external battery chargers for the Gear 360? And then charge the battery directly in the camera with the plug open, and even from the laptop wildly. And the camera is busy, and the moisture seal is dusty and can be damaged.

What does YHC XHC mean in the name of Gear 360 files stitched by CyberLink Action Director?
Answer:
Xhc in the file name means that the video was stitched as is without stabilization.
Yhc in the file name means that in the Gear 360 ActionDirector in your settings on the Editing tab the bird opposite is set: Video (Automatically removes jitter and instability during gluing while maintaining the vertical orientation).
However, if you are shooting with a tripod with a fixed camera, I do not recommend including this nonsense.

Yes, aboutAuto stitching in the Gear 360 itself - checked it really works, but this is almost a useless thing because the self-timer does not apply to the mode Google street veiw , and without this, you will press the button on the camera with your hand to close the floor of the sphere in the panorama. And secondly, my camera personally took only two photos in this way, after which I realized that she was sleeping and was in a hurry to leave this mode. As for the remote control - this is most likely impossible to connect, because the camera can only be connected in one of the 3 modes ( Gear360Manager, Remote, GoogleStreetView ) Accordingly, if we are connected in the mode Google street view , then we won’t be able to connect the Gear 360 in the remote mode without leaving the mode Google street view . Well, this is of course my logical assumption, I do not have a remote control.

Although I do not exclude two possible options that you can try. Enable continuous time lapse type shooting fromGoogle street view, and cut down the phone - maybeGear 360 foolishly continue to shoot? And the second option is to force to save the pictures directly in the camera - to fill the place on the phone, in this case it will not be able to download it and the camera will be forced to save the photo on the camera itself (almost checked, it happened by chance once), in which case the phone turns into just a remote shutter release both from Value kit , without the possibility of both a preview and a postview. Only the remote control and that’s it.

P.S.
And you can somehow makeGoogle street viewto save panoramas from Gear 360 NOT to the phone’s internal memory, but to the TELEPHONE memory card?

Post has been editedLG P970 Optimus Black - 30.08.16, 16:37

LG P970 Optimus Black @ 08/30/2016, 16:31*
Yes, about the autosswitch in the Gear 360 itself - I checked really works, but it is a practically useless thing because the actor's timer action does not apply to Google Street Veiw mode, and without it you press the button on the camera will close the floor on the panorama . And secondly, I personally took the camera in this way only two photos, after which I understood that she slept and hurried to get out of this regime. Regarding the console - so it is most likely to connect it, because the camera can only be connected in one of the 3 modes (Gear360Manager, the console, googlestreetview). Accordingly, if we are connected in the Google Street View mode, you cannot connect the Gear 360 in the console mode, without coming out of the Google Street View mode. Well, of course, my logical assumption, I do not have a remote.

Although I do not exclude two possible options that you can try. Turn on the continuous shooting of the type of timelaps from the Google Street View, and cut the phone - maybe gear 360 sfur will continue to shoot? And the second option to keep the pictures right in the chamber - to score a place on the phone, in this case it will not be forced to download it and the camera will be forced to save the photo on the camera itself (almost checked, once happened by chance), in this case the phone turns into just a remote Shutter shutter from Value Kit, without the possibility of both the preview and postproof. Only the remote and everything.

P.S.
Is it possible to somehow force Google Street View to save panoramas from the Gear 360 NOT to the phone’s internal memory, but to the TELEPHONE memory card?

1. Charging - just charging from the computer, throw the camera at night ...
2. Regarding shooting with the camera - I got used to it and my fingers almost don’t fall, but I formally agree, my hands are somewhat in the way
3. About "after which I realized that she was sleeping and hastened to get out of this mode" it’s not clear here, I take it off by the hour, just throwing my cellphone in my backpack and everything is written to the camera’s memory, but by default I have the phone turned off automatically after a minute.
4. I tried to force the phone down, the connection immediately breaks and the camera turns off the street mode ..
5. Regarding the remote control-mobile phone, the idea was born to purchase a simple smart for 1000 rubles. with a minimum of memory, it can be used as a remote control, and if it is crammed into an underwater cradle, the issue of camera operation under water is also solved without a company box ...
6. And now the most interesting thing, yesterday I tried to put the camera in a round glass jar with a sealed lid (they are sold in stores or can be bought for sweets ...) design advantages - tightness, dismountability, the ability to place the camera and immerse it (well up to 5 meters the glass jar must withstand exactly), on the minuses - you need a remote control for shooting and you need to seal the opaque light indicators, otherwise they are reflected ...

Gear360 @ 08/31/2016, 09:04*
3. About "after which I realized that she was sleeping and hastened to get out of this mode" it’s not clear here, I take it off by the hour, just throwing my cellphone in my backpack and everything is written to the camera’s memory, but by default I have the phone turned off automatically after a minute.
4. I tried to force the phone down, the connection immediately breaks and the camera turns off the street mode ..

So I also don’t understand what the difference is between turning off the phone and automatically turning off the mobile phone in a minute (under “just throwing the mobile phone in the backpack” - you didn’t specify by dropping the mobile phone completely OFF? Or did Wi-Fi turn off and that’s all?). Maybe I did something wrong. I just took and turned off the power of the phone through the Android menu that appears if you press and hold the power key.
And how was it necessary?
If it’s not what I didn’t do it right, then it’s about the firmware versions, you haveC200GLU0APC9 and I have C200GLU0APE4 .

1. Charging - just charging from the computer, throw the camera at night ...

Maybe to charge the Gear 360, you can connect the USB from the camera to the network power supply from a Samsung phone?

2. Regarding shooting with the camera - I got used to it and my fingers almost don’t fall, but I formally agree, my hands are somewhat in the way

How do you like my idea of ​​a clogged place on the phone? It solves the issue of fingers getting into the frame, and we use the phone as a remote control and the pictures in the Gear 360's memory are saved!

But there’s another question: do you really need a physical Bluetooth remote control, that they can’t write an Android application so that you can connect the camera in remote control mode, but not to the remote control, but to a phone on which a primitive application would simulate the remote control and there was only a shutter button, or what else is there on the remote.

Post has been editedLG P970 Optimus Black - 31.08.16, 12:21

LG P970 Optimus Black @ 08/31/2016, 12:12*
Maybe to charge the Gear 360, you can connect the USB from the camera to the network power supply from a Samsung phone?

In fact, the USB standard implies that you can connect to everything that has USB ... do you have a nokia, chtoli? :)))

In fact, the USB standard implies that you can connect to everything that has USB ... do you have a nokia, chtoli? :)))

What do you want to say that I can plug my SGS4 into the power supply from the Apple iPad for charging? USB is the standard ...

LG P970 Optimus Black @ 08/31/2016, 12:24*
What do you want to say that I can plug my SGS4 into the power supply from the Apple iPad for charging?

Why not?

1. About charging - the main issue of charging (as far as I understand) is the current strength ... most of the devices (not a single Samsung one) are charging from the old Samsung charger ... by the way, I tried to charge (and charged) the camera from Samsung charger (even from the first tablet tab 7 "), so you can safely charge, there should be no problems ...

2. About the clogged memory - the idea is great, it’s a pity there isn’t a simple mobile phone at hand ... by the way today I looked it turns out the easiest smart NEW costs no more than 2500, so it’s easier to take it instead of dialing with a remote control :)

3. About my method of shooting, I just send the phone to sleep, after connecting to street view ... if you turn it off, then the street view mode is turned off on the camera and you can shoot only with saving 2 frames and subsequent stitching ...
If you turn off wiFi, then the connection immediately breaks, if you turn off the phone completely, the same garbage ... on my firmware, it turns out that while the phone is sleeping, it does not exchange information with the camera ...

"But there’s another question: do you really need a physical Bluetooth remote control, that they can’t write an Android application so that you can connect the camera in remote control mode, but not to the remote control, but to a phone on which a primitive application would simulate the remote control and there was only a shutter button, or whatever else is on the remote. "

interesting idea, today I’ll download an application with similar functionality and play around ...
In general, of course, IMHO, do not pick the application for Samsung in order to achieve compatibility with others, but you need to pick the camera firmware so that all the hidden functions are pulled out ... it will not be convenient to roam through the menu, but in the end the camera is in fact 100% self-sufficient and does everything herself, but the creatures from Samsung are neutered ....

Gear360 @ 08/31/2016, 17:02*
I just send the phone to sleep, after connecting to street view

What does it mean to send Android to sleep?
Just lock the screen (Turn off the screen with the lock button)?

LG P970 Optimus Black @ 09/01/2016, 07:20*
What does it mean to send Android to sleep?
Just lock the screen (Turn off the screen with the lock button)?

Yes, exactly ... I have Lenovo YogaTab 3

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 28.01.21, 07:16