> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung SM-G950F Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus - Discussion | Smartphone, 5.8 "/ 6.2"

Rep: (2539)
DiscussionSamsung SM-G950F Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus (Exynos)
PictureSM-G950F / SM-G955F
Description S8 | Description S8 + | Discussion пїЅ | Official S8 firmware пїЅ | Official firmware S8 + пїЅ | Unofficial firmware S8 пїЅ | Unofficial firmware S8 + пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | S8 Accessories пїЅ | Accessories S8 + пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Owners Club пїЅ | power usage пїЅ | Modifications and decorations пїЅ | Modifications and decorations for devices without ROOT rights пїЅ | Operator versions пїЅ | Additional topics | Music Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus пїЅ

Specifications
  • Size S8: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8.0 mm, 155 g.
  • S8 + size: 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1 mm, 173 g.
  • Screen: Infinity Display 5.8 "/ 6.2" 2960x1440 (Quad HD +), 18: 9, curved Super AMOLED, 3D glass. S8: 570 ppi; S8 +: 529 ppi.
  • CPU: Exynos 8895 or Snapdragon 835 (8 cores), 10 nm; Octa-core (2.3GHz Quad + 1.7GHz Quad), 64 bit, 10nm processor / Octa-core (2.35GHz Quad + 1.9GHz Quad), 64 bit, 10nm processor.
  • DAC: Cirrus Logic CS43130 for Exynos version, and Aqstic WCD9341 for the Snapdragon version.(see under spoiler in Additional Information)
  • Graphic Accelerator: Mali-G71 or Adreno 540.
  • Memory: 4GB RAM (LPDDR4).
  • Built-in memory: 64GB (UFS 2.1).
  • Camera: Dual Pixel 12MP AF, OIS (Optical Stabilization), F1.7 aperture, Pixel size: 1.4Вµm, Sensor size: 1 / 2.55 ", FOV: 77, Maximum zoom: 8x (digital), PRO mode (manual settings), Panorama , Slow motion, Hyperlapse, Food mode, save to RAW. Front-camera: 8MP AF, F1.7 aperture, Pixel size: 1.22 Вµm, Sensor size: 1 / 3.6 ", FOV: 80, wide-angle selfie.
  • Video recording: 4K video recording at 30 fps, 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps, VDIS (Video Digital Image Stabilization), Digital zoom 8x, High CRI LED Flash, Slow Motion support for 720p video at 240 fps, Hyper-light video with stabilization, Video Continuous autofocus, Face detection, Autofocus tracking, 9 megapixel photos while shooting 4K video, Tags in the video location.
  • Audio: UHQ 32-bit & DSD support, PCM: Up to 32 bits, DSD: DSD64 / 128.
  • Battery: 3000/3500 mAh
  • Network: LTE Cat.16.
  • Wireless network: Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac (2.4 / 5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, 1024QAM
  • BluetoothВ® v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT +, USB Type-C, NFC, Location (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou).
  • Expandable memory and SIM card: Single SIM mode: one nano SIM and one microSD card (up to 256GB).
  • Dual SIM mode (Hybrid SIM slot): one nano SIM and one Nano SIM or one MicroSD card.
  • Connectors: USB Type-C (supports USB 3.1 Gen 1, it is the same old 3.0) and 3.5-mm output.
  • Sensors: light sensor, proximity, IR-LED-indicator, iris scanner.
  • Additional features: Bixby voice assistant, IP68 protection against water and dust, IP68 scanner, iris scanner, data protection with Samsung Knox, support for Samsung Pay payment system, wireless charging, AKG tuned headphones.
Additional features.
  • The first flagship without a physical button "Home"
  • Screen: Only the virtual button "Home" at the bottom of the screen will be sensitive to the force of pressing.
  • Interface: The updated design, which has undergone a simplified interface, is styled as an elongated display.
  • Voice Assistant: Bixby will first appear in the Galaxy S8. Through the voice assistant user can manage all operations associated with the interface of the smartphone.
  • CPU: The United States, China and Japan will receive a Snapdragon 835, all others - Exynos.
  • RAM: 4 GB for all, 6 GB for South Korea.
  • Color options: In total there will be 7 color options: the black , blue , pink , gold , silver and purple .
  • Scanners: Fingerprint scanner, iris scanner, face recognition function in 0.01 second.

Photo
Reviews, videos, tests
Useful applications and tips about them
Additional Information
Useful
Voting results
Attached Image
Attached Image

Picture
FAQ
Android 7/8
Android 9

C User activity in the subject.

On filling caps apply to the QMSpro100jekon

Post has been editedVolkodav. - 06.11.20, 12:25
Reason for editing: Reduced to standard section

Rep: (2511)

K
Technical post

Post has been editedvladseverrr - 23.09.17, 11:54

* SandrBAS, The source states that microSD can be inserted exactly 2 pieces, i.e. The slot (as I understand it) is separate from the slot with SIM-cards / card: blush:

Post has been editedbullik01 - 15.06.16, 22:10

Rep: (1246)
I was going to take Note 7. On the day, when I decided to make a pre-ordered, I also blinded the site of Nosimo (our office. Samsung Store), and Pre-ordered did not pass. After a couple of days, they began to inflate their hype with fires. I didn't care about it, but even with this respect, the reliability of the device is a bit subjected, and I do not really like devices that are a little more possibly unreliable than everyone else. Also looked at the new iPhone - also in thought, mostly because of Jack ("there was a place for Jack" (c) :-D). I looked at the renders of S8 - I think that there is perhaps the point of waiting for it. Note Edge until the dump does not ask, which means there is time.

Post has been editedGnomeblack - 25.09.16, 01:11

Rep: (0)
Yeah ... Note7 wet pants, unfortunately .... there is no sense to take.
Wait for s8 ... hope that they would be thrown out on the counters earlier so as not to lose sales ...
Obviously Aplovo sabotage with the battery .... because the State Department financed their startup for nothing.
And when the war is clearly lost - all means are good!

Mpv77 @ 09/26/2016, 19:31*
Appello sabotage with battery

Hardly. Rather, it is an internal disassembly Samsung. Someone needs to hook someone. Of course, no one needs to ruin the company, for what is the use of it then.

However, the tarnished reliability of Note 7 will play a role. And some will wait just for the S8. I, too, in principle, is tuned to this, because I still have the size of the role plays - huge phones are a little tired.

I’m generally attending to the idea of ​​taking an iphone se ... 2 pieces ... and as before .... to wrap them with an elastic band and voila (this is how I went for a couple of weeks with 4) :-)
.... if you could work with files like in a bucket ... then you would.
Or I "do not know how to cook them)))"

Post has been editedmpv77 - 26.09.16, 19:55

* mpv77, as an option, you can search for more good smartphones among lesser-known brands ... I think there will be some decent devices (without a retina scanner :() ...

Unfortunately, there are only 2 options ... Murtazin in the video comparison of galaxies of the 7th series with a little remnant said the fix thing: the flagship is now only two Samsung and Apple .... the rest is compromises.
I will wait for Galaxy 8 or whatever they call it, not7 completely screwed up ((

Rep: (1)
Most flooding here, do not even think to buy it. But wash the bones, the phone which is not yet, yes! This is in our:savagemessiahzine.com:

do not even think to buy it

His is who? I think, or Note 7 to take, or S8 to wait. It depends mainly on the size of the phone I would like more in the next two months.

Post has been editedGnomeblack - 01.10.16, 02:27

Rep: (320)
* M3n5on , even better, this is when for 3 years of being on the forum 3 not very useful posts, of which only one carries the meaning.

Posted on 09/30/2016, 23:15:

GnomeBlack @ 09/30/16, 11:35*
Note 7

Right now there are stories on the Internet that they love to explode. Some kind of battery fault.
Vesti.RU
Samsung recommends that users urgently turn off their Galaxy Note 7 smartphones and exchange them for new ones for free. The reason for the recall was the possible explosion of the battery in new devices. Sales of the new model started on August 19, but in Russia it was postponed until September 16.

As stated on the manufacturer’s official website, the company's priority is customer safety. Sales of gadgets with defects stopped

Post has been editednosastik2015 - 30.09.16, 23:20

there are stories

On that they and stories to walk everywhere;)

Rep: (4)
If before that I was sure that I would not take the S8 at 100%, now I am sure of it at 200%. And do not think that we are talking about banal problems with a supposedly exploding battery. This problem is less worried about me ...

- 4K display will put the battery at 40-45%, that is, almost half of the charge will go blank on the on screen.
- lack of 3.5 connector. I do not see the usb3 headphone shaft. Maybe at the beginning of next year they will appear ... at a bad price ... with a bad frequency range ... from some kind of left compass ... to aliexpress Dont need it, thanks. Early samsung, early! Although the situation is better than that of Apple with their proprietary connector. Hi sony ericsson walkman, I miss your crammed audio connector so much! (not)
- small technical progress. In my case, there was a transition from galaxy s2 to s7 right away. S7 transition>S8 will not be accompanied by any wau effect
- the price will certainly be too high
- there was a rumor that the S8 would only be an edge version, but most likely only a rumor

S7 is probably the last smart from Samsung (for me, esessno). Sorry, my favorite company.

Post has been editedmocap - 06.10.16, 11:14

Rep: (478)
Festt4t @ 10.10.2016, 00:16*
it would be better to return to PowerVR

PowerVR bought by eple, therefore left)

and will not overtake andreno, because Mali now surpasses andreno on rough performance (on technical specifications), on paper, in the matter of this, a gap of 2-2.5 times in favor of andreno, and on paper everything is okay, parity: D

Rep: (746)
Kapets. It’s not enough for 3.5, they have encroached upon the holy! On the button - "Home".

The presentation of Samsung flagship smartphones traditionally takes place at the beginning of the months, but rumors have already begun on the Internet about what is worth waiting from the new Galaxy S8. According to some information, the "Home" button will disappear in the device, and the fingerprint scanner will be built directly into the display itself. Moreover, the screen will take the entire front surface and will be bent not only on the sides, as in the models of the EDGE line, but also on top and bottom. Everything else, Galaxy S8 will be the first smartphone of the company with a double chamber. Now it became known when it is worth waiting for the presentation of the novelties. Insider Ricciolo posted in his Twitter Teaser event Samsung Galaxy Unpacked, which will be held on February 26 as part of the MWC 2017 exhibition in Barcelona.
On the teaser, we can see the eye with the number "8" in the pupil. This can be a confirmation that the new flagship will be called the Galaxy S8, and may also indicate the presence of an iris scanner, as in the Galaxy Note 7. There is also information that the Galaxy S8 will use the new Exynos 8895 processor with the Mali- G71. It is likely that it was he who scored more than 200,000 points in the AnTuTu benchmark.

Date set for Samsung Galaxy S8 dual camera announcement
A number of publications spread the information that the flagship Samsung Galaxy S8 will be presented on February 26, 2017, the day before the MWC 2017 exhibition. At the same time, the Korea Herald published a short article in which journalists reiterated the disappearance of the physical button "and integrating a fingerprint scanner with a device display. It is alleged that the Galaxy S8 will be the most ergonomic device for viewing video.

SAMSUNG component providers have received an order for double camera modules, and the quality of the obtained images should close as much as possible to the DSLR cameras. Unfortunately, the exact supplier of modules is not disclosed. But it became known that two versions of the smartphone will again appear on the market, depending on the processor used inside the processor - Exynos 8895 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 830. Both chips will be made by the company itself on 10-nm technical process. According to rumors, Exynos 8895 will be overclocked up to 3 GHz, and the graphics platform will become more productive than 70%.

Post has been editedelektrokot777 - 12.10.16, 07:34

Rep: (5)
Samsung managed to create the first mobile memory module LPDDR4 at 8 GB. Based on this statement, we can assume that the next flagship of the company, the Galaxy S8, will receive 8 GB of RAM, a dual camera and a 4K display, which has been repeatedly confirmed by various sources.Samsung managed to create the first mobile memory module LPDDR4 of 8 GB

Rep: (2511)
* MKway13,
Managed to create, it still does not mean managed to put into mass production. Well if to s9 nashtampuyut.
Another 6GB is not covered)

Rep: (73)
Here is a twist: sveta:
Fiasco with exploding Galaxy Note 7 can move the output of Galaxy S8 - the company's management for two weeks has suspended the development of a new flagship and redigibles of all engineers to search for the cause of mass marks in the Faltete market recalculated. This information shared with The Wall Street Journal one of the team members working on a novelty. Earlier in Samsung, they stated that they did not know what the reason for Note 7 is the reason. Until now, the research group failed to simulate the situation, within which the laboratory Galaxy Note 7 would be able to "self-splash". At the moment, the search for the reasons for fire is a number one priority, so until they are found, work on Galaxy S8 can go to the background. Such a subsidism will allow the manufacturer to avoid new problems that can become for the mobile division of fatal.

A new wave of reprinting links to sources that have nothing to do with the official press service of Samsung has been launched. Let's take the S8 together through joint efforts.

Rep: (73)
another portion of rumors
Attached Image
a sourcefor picky

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 12.01.21, 22:19