Loaders Grub, NTLDR, Chameleon, etc. | OS Bootloader Discussion

Rep: (0)
* Adagumer , The repository at all. And teams related, respectively, too. Operating system ocheeen ancient.

As I understand it you want to add a new bootloader entry pointing to existing OSes on your computer and you do not see the grub?
And the update-grub does not find that the OSes?

* Adagumer I want to add an entry that will download files from the uncompressed image iso.

Rep: (105)
Good day!
Are there any ways in .efi grub2 file to change the path to the config? I tried to "manually" notepad replace / boot / grub on the way you want me to, but modified so .efi file is not loaded. And I need to config search on the same partition as the file itself .efi (not to specify a specific section within the file so that it can be used without edits on any computer).
Thank you in advance!

Rep: (105)
So I researched .efi hornbeam files from installation images, and found there the following code:
if! search --file --set = root /.disk/info; then
search --file --set = root /.disk/mini-info
fi
set prefix = ($ root) / boot / grub
fi
if [-e $ prefix / i386-efi / grub.cfg]; then
source $ prefix / i386-efi / grub.cfg
elif [-e $ prefix / grub.cfg]; then
source $ prefix / grub.cfg
else
source $ cmdpath / grub.cfg
fi

There's something written all that I need. Now the question is how to change the "script"?

Rep: (188)
Can anybody explain how GRUB4DOS can load the operating system from an ISO file?

It determines that it is necessary to download BOOTMGR of ISO? And if the two ISO loader, NTLDR and BOOTMGR? Here is a code successfully loads the different WindowsPE from different ISO:
find map --mem /obraz.iso (hd32)
map --hook
chainloader (hd32)

But wherever I have read about the load of the ISO, it is written that the image must be bootable. And it becomes the boot under what conditions? After all, in the first sector is not a boot ISO code, and indeed the first ~ 16 sectors with some zeros.

Rep: (14)
Hello . Tell me what you need register in Menu.lst so that loaded PE system ? (Located in)
set GRUB4DOS .
Now it is written:
title WIN7 RECOVER
find --set-root / 1 / bootmgr
chainloader / 1 / bootmgr

But it gives an error when loading0xc000000f .
Mistake
Attached Image

Attached Image

Rep: (1163)
* Loyvsc ,
Loyvsc @ 31.05.20, 12:32*
title WIN7 RECOVER
find --set-root / 1 / bootmgr
chainloader / 1 / bootmgr

Try hybrid method download

In addition to the stick rasrakovannyh iso files, copy to a folder on a USB flash drive and add menu.lst

title w.iso
map (hd0,0) /iso/w.iso (hd32)
map --hook
chainloader (hd32)

Where / iso /
folder iso
And w.iso
Name your image

Rename, if necessary

Files should be duplication
And unpacked and ISO

Hello . Tell me , what do you need register inMenu.lst so that boot from HDD ?
InstalledGRUB4DOS .

* Loyvsc ,
Standard menu template
(Spoiler unfolds)
timeout 40
gfxmenu / Boot / fskin
default / default

title Booting from hard disk
find --set-root --ignore-floppies --ignore-cd / bootmgr || find --set-root --ignore-floppies --ignore-cd / ntldr
map (hd0) (hd1)
map (hd1) (hd0)
map --hook
rootnoverify (hd0)
chainloader (hd0) +1

title Boot from floppy
rootnoverify (fd0)
chainloader (fd0) +1

Loading title c CD / DVD-ROM
cdrom --init
map --hook
chainloader (cd0)

title ------------------------------------------------- --------------
root
configfile /menu.lst

title ------------------------------------------------- --------------
root
configfile /menu.lst

title Restart the computer
reboot

title Computer shutdown
halt

Post has been editedarvseslav - 31.05.20, 22:19

Rep: (1)
I have a laptop Dell Inspiron 15 (3521). Bought in early 2014, immediately blew Windu 8 and found I do not remember what. Promuchavshis few years with all sorts of viruses, in the 2017th decided to try Linux. Of the thousands of proposals chosen Ubuntu 16.04 first, then upgrade to 18.04. OS I liked, I understand it pretty well, in my opinion, three years lived without knowing the troubles. But suddenly the other day an acquaintance bragged that set Android OS, said on his laptop, it is difficult that the wood must first find, then, behold, in short, on the move, said Figure Set. I fired up ... Choate came home, entered in Google "How to Install Android on a computer" and voila - a lot of results - take it, download and install. I went into the GParted, allocated for the new OS 24 GB hard disk, the operating system downloaded and installed. Went without any problems, but whether she herself has made a new section on your 8GB, or both - do not understand, in short, terrabaytny computer became vosmigigovym, more than 5 of which occupied the Android OS itself, gig - program, and there were only 1 5 GB of free space. And yet. Naturally, I did not accept this situation and I decided to take down Android and return my faithful Ubuntu. And this is where it all started. When you restart your computer, I discovered that there is only Android Grabe. I do not put up with Ubuntu, but it is stupid not appear in Grabe. What to do? Well, I think it does not matter - put Ubuntu again, the business somehow at half maximum. I shake my Ubuntu from office. site, but ... Sorry, there is no space available. It was she who weighs more than 2 GB, and I only have one and a half! What to do? Android on the flash drive. A swing on the flash drive any distro Ubuntu Chrome or Mozilla or Opera do not want - I did not find the settings to change the location for downloaded files. Went to the store and bought an adapter to connect the flash drive to the phone, I downloaded Ubuntu on the phone and set on the flash drive. Install Ubuntu on a computer, but at the first reboot, when the OS is installed and take out the flash drive, Hornbeam shows ... Android !!! Ugh! But what is this ?! Reinstall Ubuntu, erasing during the installation of all drives except sda2 on more than 800 GB (drive D, if on Windows), and when you restart the console climbs with the inscription: Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device or file completions. And below left: grub>and a blinking "_" (without the quotes, of course). Are transferred from a bootable flash drive, I go to the Ubuntu Mozilla open and let's read kilograms of materials throughout this topic. What did I not pereprobyval - nothing helped, even Ubuntu forum did not help. And seek help there - it's just needlessly stress. There are assistants that first tub of slops poured on you, and then later, through, perhaps to help a couple of days. May be. In short, I read that Windows kills Hornbeam, putting his own. Uploaded distribution Vind sevens on a flash drive, is installed on the computer. And then began the most terrible. After installation and the first reboot climbed the same inscription in English. But most interesting is that Windows is no such function that it can be run from a flash drive without having to install as Ubuntu. Had again on the flash drive to load Ubuntu and try to log into the OS though, so no installation. But ... all computer stops responding. This message always appears in English, it was a feeling that the computer does not see a flash, that is, I could not start the computer even with a LiveUSB, not at all. Stupid damned label and everything. On the phone I have found a bunch of different ways Grab recovery, but 99% of them are required to go to the operating system with the LiveCD / USB, but it was impossible. I found in Youtube 4 ways to restore Grub, and 2 of them were just out of this console. But it did not help! Once again, I went to the forum Ubuntu, did some operations described there, doing something of the writing on other sites, in short, I killed 2 days with all this rigmarole, Sunday and Monday - all useless, well though ... something I ponadelal there and now with a bootable flash drive again, I can log into Ubuntu without installing it. Actually, right now I print the text of this unknown OS. I have bios and any differently tried to set up - all useless. Ubuntu, I found sort of, but after the restart again climbs the damn console with an English inscription. I do not know what to do. The boy, who by Android on a computer I boasted, and advised to go here, what I'm doing. On top of the English inscription written GNU GRUB version 2.02. I hope someone of you can help me to recover Grub. I'm just not sure what to do ... I fully formatted hard not an option - too much of the desired information. And with an unidentified Ubuntu (with flash) sda2 (drive D) is not displayed anywhere that this info somewhere in the cloud send.

Memory 3.7 GiB
Intel Core i5-3317U [email protected] x 4 processor
Intel Ivybridge Mobile Graphics
GNOME 3.28.2
OS type 64-bit
Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

kalguyak @ 5.06.20, 0:38*
Memory 3.7 GiB
there is a small Linux for service flash drives
working in the Live CD / USB mode. They have utility for disc re.
for examplePorteus
Downloading, recording to a USB flash drive.
Georgia with the stick under the Live CD / USB
and repartition your drive.

P.S. it was necessary in the Live CD / USB to try himself Android x86.
P.S.S. When you install any Linux, and Android x86 - it's the same Linux, it is necessary in the installer interface repartition the disk partitions.
P.S.S.S. When to partition create a single FAT32 partition for the boot loader and a separate pot exFAT files. Do not store user files on the system partition.
P.S.S.S.
Buy usb-hdd for such cases.

Good luck.

Post has been editedarvseslav - 05.06.20, 09:51

* kalguyak ,
By the way the flash drive, it is the same memory.

Hello . Tell me How to makeboot the installer Windows 10 through Grub4dos ?
Bought a new USB flash drive 32 GB: heppy_dancing: (almost 6 years, enjoyed a flash card to 2 GB)

Post has been editedLoyvsc - 16.06.20, 18:16

Set the stick g4d
Unzip the installation image to the root of the stick
Register configuration item g4d install Windows 10:

title Installing Windows 10
root (hd0,0)
chainloader / bootmgr

Post has been editedarvseslav - 16.06.20, 20:07

arvseslav @ 16.06.20, 20:04*

thank.

Rep: (696)
kalguyak @ 05.06.20, 00:38*
In short, I read that Windows kills Hornbeam, putting his

"Wind" specifically kills Grab, but only upon receipt of a command from the console. (Command line)
For this, too, will have to boot from a flash drive if the system is.

Bootrec / FixMbr - we write the master boot record to the system partition, and the partition table when it is not overwritten. Apply if damaged boot record; (Case hornbeam)
Bootrec / FixBoot - writes a new boot sector. Apply if the boot sector has been replaced, damaged;
Bootrec / ScanOs - conducted disk scan on all operating systems installed on the disk;
Bootrec / RebuildBcd - used to search for all operating systems on the disk, as well as reconfiguration of the storage load.

To restore the standard download, enter the command with the same key - Bootrec / FixMbr

P.S.
I also like this got this fucking robbed.
He also thought that it is necessary to run a remote axis already and nothing else do not want to see.
And the team did not react.
Cured.

Post has been editedcontradictor - 23.07.20, 01:45

* contradictor ,
Yes it izvstny moment.
20 years have all put the first wine and already over penguin with hornbeam.

Post has been editedarvseslav - 23.07.20, 07:25

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 03/09/20, 20:43