Change the operating system on a laptop

Rep: (70)
The topic is intended to discuss issues related to (re) installing the OS on a laptop.

Attached Image

Post has been editedstp101 - 21.04.18, 00:19
Reason for editing: New header. Cap reworked AndrewP_one

Rep: (21)
I think preobrestiAsus eeePC 1000h . I looked at prices and realized that I had no desire to overpay 5,000 rubles for the presence of WinXP, especially when there are a license of the True standard XP, and not portable. I will work solely under Windows, as it requires working conditions. In this connection, the question is ... Is it possible to establish the usual XP on the "kids" (netbooks)? Is there any difference between standard windows and pre-installed on netbooks? Is it possible after such an installation independently all branded software and firewood? Share the experience of the Lord, is it worth the dressing pad?

Price differencefor Linuxandfor WinXP.

Rep: (1)
I just installed Windows XP without any problems. (It was a vista)
Sliced ​​the usual Windows distrib (clean!)
Climbed into the BIOS. Made a bootable dvd drive.
Install Windows as on a regular computer, set up andhttp://support.asus.com/download/download....SLanguage=en-usI downloaded firewood here.
The installation for the first time took 20 minutes (including downloading firewood + prog). Then everything is faster.
laptop asus z99h

Rep: (70)
Kazak_koka @ 30.9.2008, 4:35*
So, I can say that on my Toshiba, openSUSE 11 was installed from the first attempt, without any complaints, and put all the firewood on our own. Even special Toshibov keys work ...

I'm happy for you, but not everyone can do that

Rep: (81)
When I bought my first laptop ASUS F3JC, he walked with Vista, I was afraid of the same questions, the screens with Dom were frightened, but working for a week (it was the very beginning of the wist) I realized that it was impossible to live like that, and demolished her. I can't say that all the firewood was found right away. But in the end, fighting in the net. A couple of hours, everything, absolutely everything earned. The biggest problems were with the camera. For myself, I realized that there was no reason to worry. It is necessary to take an empty laptop, and then do with him that he wants. The same applies to Eeepc, well, well, this is an ordinary laptop. I am sure that the people of the level as most of the guys are writing here, they will be able to put everything without any problems. I am dreaming about Egpes, so I came here. I begin to ask Right ..;)

Well, add as a fly in the ointment, or vice versa, that I plan to switch to Vista. And I already tried to put it on the laptop, by default almost all the firewood came up !!! Do not put the current mine for a card reader and a modem, RIKOH Vender something. I really love it ..;) No matter how they spit, there are some things that I really like there. Thank God there is an experience (I am the “sysadmin” of the wife’s laptop :).

Rep: (27)
mur-mur-meow @ 30.3.2008, 10:38*
In connection with the frequent moans on the topic "I put another axis, but half of me does not work," I create a theme.

If you have a laptop with Vista, and you need XP in advance (the old programs do not start, do not like the design or whatever, it does not matter), then XP, like any non-native axis, should be installed with the second OS. This will facilitate your survival in case of unavoidable glitches. If the non-native axis falls, and this often happens, your device will at least be able to work.

Ned, the second aspen is of course good and useful, like three punch cards with a travel card - "in reserve", only the place on the screws is not official, especially for UMPC with 40 GB on the screw or 32 - SSD.

As for the situations when “nothing works” - it is treated simply. For 2 goths of practice in the support, when 9 out of 10 clients go with the purchased notik directly to my mom and ask "to demolish this crap and put XP" (the tenth will come later anyway, from a week to a month) - a method has been worked out how to deal with notes for which there is no firewood for HRW or for which the SATA controller mode does not switch to IDE-compatible mode in Beavis.
To solve the last problem, one of the three can be made: first, you can flash a bivis with the support of switching modes (if there is such; a common solution for assers); secondly - to connect a USB flip and snap from the flip mode diskette under XP for the SATA controller; Thirdly, to use the distribution of Windows Windows or "left" (I do not recommend) assembly with already "sewn" firewood for new SATA controllers. The lack of the last method is that for its implementation, it takes some time to digest the info on the sewage of firewood, to carry out this in practice and test, or use various pirated "assemblies", stuffed with all Beliborda in the most impractus.
As for firewood problems, it is solved like this: if there are no branded firewood under XP and worm, we try to find a similar note model (from the same line, the same company, with the same modules ...), and if it is not Helps - In the properties of each of the devices that there is no driver, see the tab "Details", take from there the line identification line "PCI \ VEN_XXXXXXXXXXX & REV_XXXXXXXX & REV_XX", drive it into the search engine, open the pages containing this string, we look for it on the page and look for the prompts and a description, what is this device, who is a manufacturer and where to look for firewood. In 90% of cases, the link will be on the rifle and in the same or next post that the identification string, there is a reference to the driver or the download page.
I can not wish a bug-free Windows to everyone, because it does not exist;) but simply - a successful hunt.

Rep: (398)
For those who suddenly want to have Windows and Linux, here is the complete installation guide ...http://acerfans.ru/faq/77-linux-i-windows-...m-noutbuke.html

Post has been editedDEEMA01 - 23.11.08, 00:40

Rep: (0)
I once stood on the Asus X50VL Linux for Vista from the coils flew off. Put without problems! (although in reality it wasn’t really a Linux user - Ubuntu)

Rep: (81)
Laptop asus f80s, everything fell great from firewood from the off site like, only a sound device was not found, or it works incorrectly, and a couple of unknown pci devices. How does a patient heal?

Rep: (27)
General_P @ tton @ 10/29/2008, 2:17 pm*
I once stood on the Asus X50VL Linux for Vista from the coils flew off. Put without problems! (although in reality it wasn’t really a Linux user - Ubuntu)

% revolt is also a linux, just in case. just linuh is not an OS, but a kernel and a set of raws to it, and that's it.

RC_Gremlin @ 10/30/2008, 10:43 PM*
Laptop asus f80s, everything fell great from firewood from the off site like, only a sound device was not found, or it works incorrectly, and a couple of unknown pci devices. How does a patient heal?

|
\/
In the properties of each of the devices to which there is no driver, see the tab "Details", take from there the line identification line "PCI \ VEN_XXXX & DEV_XXXXX & REV_XXXXXXXX & REV_XX", drive it into a search engine, open pages containing this line, we look for it on the page and look for hints and descriptions by context What is this device, who is a manufacturer and where to look for firewood. In 90% of cases, the link will be on the rifle and in the same or next post that the identification string, there is a reference to the driver or the download page.

Posted on 11/06/2008 22:48:

PS: and the second or third piano pianos do not play ...

Good day!
I bought the DELL1525 laptop with voyage, before that I used only stationary PCs. The disk is divided into 2 logical, s (system) and D (recovery). The latter has a volume of 10 gigs, of which 4 gigs are busy (Windows folder, etc.). The kit includes a Recovery Windows Vista disk, as I understand it, to restore the system. In the whole situation, it is confused by the fact that on disk D all the recovery files in open access, i.e. You can delete, copy, etc. I always believed that such files should be hidden from human eye to not be deleted. What threatens the removal of these files and whether to do on any. Case image of Windows? Or I misinterpret the whole picture ... Thanks in advance.

Rep: (102)
I bought HP 550, on the second day drunk, I launched some disk sanitizer in the BIOS, which completely formatted the disk for me, turning it into one simple partition. Not for a long time steaming, shoved a disk with Piggy and set it, pulled the driver off the official, Everything plows, works much faster ... It was dumb ... But everything turned out well .... A week later I was bored with whist, set Ultimate. It remains only to pull the wood :)

and if you pull out the hard from the laptop, pick it up to the BB, format it, put it back into the laptop - and put any Windu in it .....
give a ride?

Rep: (156)
Yes, I think, finally, stupidly through the DOS installation, Khryusha can be hard formatted

nikerossxp @ 12/13/2008, 7:29 PM*
Yes, I think, finally, stupidly through the DOS installation, Khryusha can be hard formatted

for details
with the flop chtoli?

Such is the question:
How to change the operating system on the mini-laptop ASUS Eee PC901? (worth Linux. I want to install xp)
Optical drive no. As far as I understand, you will have to install either from a flash drive or from SD.
Where do you start? Where to get the file (there is a licensed Windows on the disk)?
Thanks in advance.

Rep: (62)
compart,
ask in the topic about EeePC. Read the FAQ on the device and everything will be OK! : thank_you:

Rep: (145)
I’ll add Ubuntu to the garden. I set myself a second OS for Ubunt in addition to XP. Not to say that I am happy to priests, but there are positive moments. Supports all 126 keys on the keyboard (if correctly counted them); flies (AMD Athlon 2000 1.67 GHz 256 Mb RAM), for using TA as a modem no additional software was required:
1. connected SE k790i - Ubunt wrote that, they say, the device was connected to me here, and it can be captured and used as a modem .. Will we? Earned as merged. Although for XP before that it was necessary to install firewood SE and make some settings in the Control Panel.
2. connected Asus p535, “Start-Programs-Shared Internet-Connect” - works (!!!), although XP needed ActiveSink for this.
Well and minuses, I hope temporary - I can not teach Linux to get the Internet through BT, and print the printer quickly and economically.

Rep: (107)
Vanya Susanin @ 12/23/2008, 10:58 PM*
I’ll add Ubuntu to the garden. I set myself a second OS for Ubunt in addition to XP. Not to say that I am happy to priests, but there are positive moments. Supports all 126 keys on the keyboard (if correctly counted them); flies (AMD Athlon 2000 1.67 GHz 256 Mb RAM)

On its Q210, the FS03 went even further =) He took the whist to the root and set ubuntu as a single system. KCC under Vain, office 07 under Vain, visual studio 2008 - under virtual boxing from Xp wines. Everything flies. Antivirus is not needed. Current pleasant experience. (Core 2 Duo p7350 2.0 Gz, 4 Gb ram, 200 Gb Hdd, 9200M GS)

Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedLI-O-N - 04.01.09, 17:50

Rep: (2)
I bought a new ASUS S3Sa with Vista Home preinstalled. The axis was reinstalled on XP Home (licensed). I have been using it for 3 days, everything seems to be working. BUT! If you send the laptop to reboot with the external power cable connected, the system does not boot further than the window that says "Windows XP". The laptop is corny "hanging." If you do a reboot with external power off, it's OK! More than 20 "experiences" of such reboots were made - the situation repeats steadily.

Rep: (591)
COSSAC @ 12.1.2009, 11:03*
The laptop is corny "hanging." If you do a reboot with external power off, it's OK! More than 20 "experiences" of such reboots were made - the situation repeats steadily.

Problem in ACPI, most likely. You can try to update the BIOS or search for firewood on the ACPI.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 20.12.20, 02:45