Recovery of corrupted information | discuss software and recovery methods

Rep: (3017)
Recovery of damaged information from hard drives and other media
Attached Image
This topic discussesdata recovery questionsonly. Questions related to the analysis of the technical condition of the hard drive (decoding of the attributes S.M.A.R.T) are made in the subject:About hard drives!

пїЅ useful links

Attention! Inappropriate use of recovery programs can permanently destroy data. If you are not confident in your abilities, or data is extremely important - it is better to contact a professional workshop for data recovery.

Post has been editedstp101 - 16.04.18, 22:57
Reason for editing: New cap author AndrewP_one

Rep: (230)
Friends, the topic is this. On the laptop a blue screen. I put a LiveCD with Windows 7 quietly loading, it works, but .. does not open the C and D sections of the system hard drive. When you click on drive C simply does not open it. When you click on the disk, D says "Disk is unformatted." Do not run any programs with Live CDI, too, do not see partitions D and C. Is it possible for me to go buy a new HDD?
I can not lay out screenshots, I will answer any additional ones. or leading questions. Launched another CDI with Akroniks, he sees only the sizes of volumes C and D, however, he also can not do any operations.

Rep: (2729)
Ivan Govorov @ 03/21/2013, 01:42*
No running CDI programs can also see sections D and C
And what shows a SMART disk from the same LiveCD? It is necessary to decide whether this is a software problem or a hardware problem.

Rep: (1161)
ivan govorov,
The thing is. There are bad sectors on the hard drive + the file table has flown (possibly due to damage). You can do it as a user, to launch hdd regenerator 2011. It can extend the life of the disk a bit by transferring links to bad sectors to the backup area of ​​the disk.At the end of the actions they (!), Will have to decide - whether the data on the disc or not. If necessary, you should think about what they are likely to be lost due to damage and spent on the restoration time can be wasted. Increase the chances of recovery itself can be explored console program testdisk. Namely, it functions restore the partition table and the file table. If you do not want - to make the removal of all the partitions, then create them again and make their full format. After completion of the above-described drive operation will be used again.

I hope you had backups of your files and you respect backups at least once a week. If not, I hope that this case will teach you how to back up.

P.S.
Just restoring another hard drive. So what the hdd regenetor looks like you already know. I want to note that the program takes a very long time to recover. In my case, 2,300 sectors were recovered in almost 16 hours. A broken sectors can be 50,000, and 70,000 and 100,000. That is "recovery" may take days.
Attached Image

Post has been editedtempico - 21.03.13, 16:11

Tempico @ 03/21/2013, 17:01*
as user above
I make the "amendment":About hard drives (Post # 20362282)

Rep: (230)
tempico,
understood, thank you. Data is not needed, the moped is not mine. Today I turned on this laptop, and - what the hell ... I have stopped loading all the LiveCD. In general, sit down, and as a result, instead of the booted system, I see a black screen with a white mouse cursor. What could I do wrong?
Hmm, that’s what I’ve done right now. I inserted a suspicious HDD into another working laptop. Included. Immediately writes: SMART Failure predicted on hard disc 0: the name of the disk. Launched from under the shower sit the acronis. Deleted all volumes and formatted. In 15 minutes of operation, the hdd is heated so that tea can be boiled. It seems to him all the same Khan. Now I will insert hdd into his native laptop, I'll try to roll Windows.

update: I started installing Windows, immediately writes: "Installation to this drive is not possible. Perhaps the drive will be damaged soon." But still started to install. Then everything is knurled. Thanks for the help!

ivan govorov,
In that case, I would not risk using this disk. A malfunction on the hard drive board created due to overheating can damage the chipset of the laptop motherboard. When burning chips, really random things happen. And here two devices are connected directly by one wire and the Chinese quality mark.

I hope that the laptop user is lucky and everything will be more or less good.

Post has been editedtempico - 21.03.13, 22:36

Rep: (15)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 Photo under the spoiler.
Attached Image

I did not fix it on the case, but simply put it on the piece of iron neatly .... I noticed for a long time that the case beats electric current ... the case is somehow shaken and he moved the board to the piece of iron and punched him.
Is it being treated? How expensive?
On the screw itself, nevermind, the main files on it.

Cr0wd
No. To the scrap.

And you - read safety precautions and give hand in hand. Sistemnik could catch fire at any time. At least because of short circuit. In BP, the currents are not children's. 20 amperes each. If you don’t care, you don’t need to substitute your relatives.

Post has been editedtempico - 22.04.13, 20:58

Rep: (1955)
Cr0WD @ 04/22/2013, 9:55 p.m.*
Is it being treated? How expensive?

It is treated. Expensive.
At the native conference you ask (or google) the contacts of the person / office that is engaged in data recovery in your city. They will take money from you for a donor + work. The higher the probability of recovery is called, the more money will be taken. Something like this...

Rep: (47)
There is an external 1TB hard drive clogged with 95% information: angry:
Last night I turned off the computer and pulled out a hard one, but today when I connect Windows requires it to be formatted: grabli
the file system in the properties is displayed as RAW, how to recover data on it, (options for connecting another hard drive are not considered, because I simply can’t get such a large volume for recovery), I tried to connect it directly through SATA, but the result is the same same.
Akronis defines the NTFS file system but in the information it writes The file record is damaged,
CHKDSK writes
C: \ Documents and Settings \ Administrator> chkdsk F: / f
File System Type: NTFS.
Unable to determine the version of the volume and its state. CHKDSK operation aborted.
: help:

no_name8914, can I try some programs from of this set
Attached Image

It is not necessary to boot from this distribution, you can simply mount the software package in your OS
Attached Image

Attached ImageAttached Image
Or, if it doesn’t work, try to run the necessary utility directly from the folder
Attached Image

Post has been editedShoore - 05.09.13, 18:34

Rep: (150)
Hi everyone, I encountered the same problem asno_name8914, The hard drive is 1 TB and was divided into 4 partitions, and after I added 4 partitions, the drive stopped being detected and became the RAW file system. I tried the Active Partition Manager program, but after it scans the drive, I want to restore everything sections that were, but when I click on Recovery, I see it
Attached Image

Rep: (0)
Hello.
help solve the problem. I got lost and my brains explode I don’t know what to do. The problem is as follows:
External hard drive The company eGo Portable hard Drive model RPHD-UG3 when I connect to my computer asks for the password screen in the attached file.
I don’t remember the password. sadness !! how to bypass this password and save all the information on your hard drive.
Ladies and Gentlemen, help you. My hope.
The minds of the internet are connecting. The whole world.

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (910)
Koks-kg,
http://www.lostpassword.com/hdd-decryption.htm
But there are big doubts that it works as it should ...

Rep: (2)
help me please. who faced such a problem, or to someone else. 2Tb WD hard drive fell from a small height, after which it makes a sound and, accordingly, stopped working. please tell me what can be done? either recover data or subordinate? and where it can be done for the lowest price. Moscow

Aron_86 @ 05/01/2014, 05:57*
Is this 104Mb MFT? Stupidity is just
This is a map of disk clusters. Probably without her in any way. You can write your file system, which does not require such atavism: P

A little "perverted" and spied this:
Attached Image

Almost 4GB clean volume

Djmotor007 @ 04/30/2014, 16:26*
either recover data or subordinate?
I recommend to start reading at least thisJustification of prices for data recovery from HDD

Post has been editedShoore - 01.05.14, 22:11

Rep: (1)
Good day!)) Trouble, comrades !!! I inserted an external hard drive into the USB smart TV (LG), paused while watching the channels from the antenna, he wrote something and suggested “yes / no” ... Without reading the message, I press “yes” and that’s it ... HDD is not identified, writes me a tv. Comp defines it through computer control, what to do with it, I do not know. Attention, the question is: how to restore the product’s performance and at the same time save 900 GB of information? Hard WD My Passport 1 TB.
* tempico,
So it goes...

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

* nik5075,
Ah, well it’s not so scary. There are options.
99.9% working option to save information:
Run testdisk, disable logging. Select the disk to 1TB, the type of partition intel, press analysis, then load backup (keep your eyes peeled tips at the bottom, L button). Most likely there is a valid backup of the table. Press P (keep your eyes peeled over the tips) to preview files - if you know your files - excellent! This means the backup that is needed. Keep a backup of the table as the original it (the program will tell which button to press, probably W). If a backup is not the - looking at each copy of the table, without the need for confidence and "W" will not reap. If there is no - will have to start in-depth analysis. But practice shows that this problem is eliminated from the first time, the first backup, a minute and a half. Recovery algorithm FS table is similar, just on the list will be added "more copies."
After writing the changes to the disk, wait 20 seconds, then simply pull it out without safely removing it. Windows likes to write all sorts of nonsense on the disk when removing. If the operation will be done under Linux (I recommend this option, but do not insist), then it is advisable to write to the console before extractingsyncto synchronize buffers and storage devices, and only then do physical extraction.
If you are afraid to do a full recovery, you worry that you will click the wrong button .. then at the time of viewing the list of files (P) you can restore the necessary files by pressing C (copy files from damaged device) and choosing the directory where these restored files will be copied (of course the directory should NOT be on the "damaged" disk, but, for example, on the system disk of the computer).
If the disk starts to determine all the files again, do a disk check (check disk), without checking the free space.

95% working option:
If you still don’t understand anything: start (as administrator) R-Studio, which I gave above, click "scan", then in the scan results you can pull out files and directories. But they can be wildly scattered, so you have to be extremely careful. But the interface will be graphic, with a bunch of beautiful buttons.

50% option:
Download Recuva. The master will clearly describe everything. Recovery will be long, file names will be lost, the directory structure will be destroyed. The data will be restored, but it will take a lot of time to process it.

0% data recovery:
Format the drive and just use it as a new, if purchased at the store. It will be a good lesson. If the data were really needed - would be back up to half an hour could be returned back to the disk. Restoring files, of course, it is good practice, but you should understand that the program for the recovery - is not a panacea and does not replace regular backups. It is an expensive operation (especially in the corporate sector), in which no one can give guarantees.

-1%
Maybe someone will advise some other programs that restore information in 1 click. Of course you can try. But keep in mind that in manual mode you at least know what the program can do. In automatic, it can destroy data.

Post has been editedtempico - 23.09.14, 15:57

Rep: (1955)
* nik5075
Run testdisk
Here are the manuals with pictures:
http: //www.cgsecurity ... data recovery
http: //www.cgsecurity.../ TestTisk_step_step
http: //www.linuxcenter.../partitioning/6x.phtml
some other programs that recover information in 1 click.
It is betterlose a day, then fly in five minutes! В©restore a partition, than to torment with files ... :-)

Post has been editedpasha_550 - 23.09.14, 20:35
Reason for editing: It is better to lose a day, then fly in five minutes! В©

Rep: (0)
I don’t know what topic to write if you don’t quarrel.
I dropped my hard drive yesterday, when I connected, the computer first saw it, but didn’t open it - it required to be formatted. I did not, I pulled out the cable, reconnected, the computer did not see it at all.
Actually the question is, is the disk amenable to repair? and will it be possible to recover information?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 07/13/20, 06:18