- What is a bootloader and what is it for?
- The loader is responsible for starting the system, as well as for launching the recovery.
- What is the boot loader unlock for?
- To install custom recovery, which in turn allows you to quickly install and reinstall the system, install various patches, add-ons that improve the performance of the system, add new features, as well as to create and subsequently restore backups.
- Why did Xiaomi block it?
- This is a requirement of Google, as well as for the safety of your data in case of loss of the device.
- Does unlocking bootloader affect warranty?
- Not. More detailed answerhere
. But there is a nuance. If you, for example, brought the phone firmware to the bootlap, then it is not covered by the warranty. Those. The warranty is only for hardware. The software part and everything connected with it falls out of warranty.
- howto blockloader back Method 1
. Method 2
- How to check the status of the bootloader on your phone Way
via fastboot, the most reliable option.Check under Linux
- what firmware you need to pre-install to unlock
WITHthe beginning of 2017
unlock successfully passes and on stable
Previously, it was necessary to install developer (weekly) firmware for unlock.
ForMi4c and Mi Note Pro
, having an unlocked bootloader from the factory, you only need to sew the last ones (starting from April 2016) China Developer Version
blocking the bootloader, and only after that unlock it. Installing official firmware locked boot does not interfere!
- When unlocking occurs hard reset? (factory reset, or data reset)
no, unlike HTC, Motorola unlocking ... unlocking occurs without data loss. Starting with Mi6, Mi Note 3, Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix 2s and more recent models - a complete reset occurs. The program will necessarily show a warning if the data will be deleted.
- What does the "factory unlock" item in the menu for developers mean?
- Opens or closes access to the bootloader, an additional security measure. This is NOT an unlock.
- Is it possible to unlock a new (other) phone, if an unlock has already been made from the m-account?
- Can. The number of unlocks is unlimited. But each new phone will have its own time counter. AND
for 1 account ->1 phone per calendar month, i.e. From the 1st of each month you can unlock the next device.
- If you lock the bootloader, then when you re-unlock, wait for the counter again?
- The same phone on the same mi account, after the first unlock, you can unlock at least every 5 minutes. But after leaving the account and changing the firmware, most likely, there will be a counter again.
- When I launch Mi Unlock, I get the message "Not connected to Mi Phone"
- Not installed (or not those) drivers for fastboot (adb).
- When unblocking, I see a message that a part of the functions, including "Finger scanner", "Device search", will be unavailable.
A little misinterpretation (the fault of the translation from Chinese into English and beyond). Functionality will remain and will work. Its PROTECTIVE properties will become weaker, since There will be access to the system and the ability to disable this functionality.
- The bootloader unlocked, but when I try to enter the recovery, I also see the phone with the cable.
This is normal. The type of recovery does not change (there is a recovery with a closed external entrance). This does not interfere with flashing official firmware. Also, you can flash TWRP and use it. Instructions for flashing, TWRP and firmware are looking for in the theme of the firmware of your device.
- Can I get OTA updates after unlocking the bootloader?
- Unlocking the bootloader does not affect the mechanism of OTA updates. As it was with the locked, it will be the same with the unlocked.
- My phone does not load and I cannot unlock the bootloader.
- If you have a "brick", then you must first "pick up" the phone, and only after that unlock the bootloader. And not the other way around.
- I forgot to enter the pattern and can not log in.
- Unlocking the bootloader does not relate to a forgotten pattern key set on the phoneвЂ™s entrance and to the activated вЂњanti-theftвЂќ. First, deal with these problems, and then unlock the bootloader (if you still need to). And not the other way around.
- For how long is permission to unlock the bootloader?
- Permission to unlock the bootloader is given forever. You can use it at any time, not necessarily immediately. Autumn (2016) and February (2017) collapse of Xiaomi databases is a force majeure, not a real revocation of permissions.
- Is it possible to block the bootloader if I have localized firmware and TWRP?
- Locking the bootloader is possible only on the official firmware and native recovery (full flow).
- Is windows important when unlocking?
- Not important. You can unlock on both 32 and 64-bit system. Bitness is sometimes important when flashing.
- When you log into your account gives an error.
- You can try to enter in the login field not a phone number, but an account ID.
- Error "Network Error"
- The problem is in the xiaomi server, the Chinese wall (firewall). You can try to clean the cookies in the browser, use the anonymizer (VPN gateway), for example, some here used TunnelBear, but others can also. For some, this problem occurs on the provider Beeline and helps to enter through another provider.
- When you try to add your phone to the database (via the developerвЂ™s menu), we get an error10008
- The problem is in the router / provider / Chinese firewall. You can try to use VPN, for example,So
- When I try to bind the phone through the Mi Unlock status menu (in the developer menu), an error pops up86006
- This sometimes happens on stable firmware. If nothing helps, then put the developer (through the system update).
- When I try to bind the phone through the Mi Unlock status menu (in the developer menu), an error pops up20091
- You can try to makeSo
. And furthervariation
. an option forRedmi Note 3 Pro SE
- Problems with IP and exceeding the number of requests.
- I bought a phone, and he ended up with an unlocked bootloader. How so?
- on the phone, going to the factory with Chinese firmware, sellers often patchatsya bootloader to install a global firmware. But there are also some with unlocked bootloader officially (via the service account).
- When I try to bind the phone in the developer menu, I get the message "connect to the network and try again."
- Sometimes it helps to disable the search location of the phone.
- Unlocked the bootloader, installed TWRP, root. And now the phone shows that the bootloader is locked.
- If magisk is used as root, it hides the real state of the bootloader from the system.
- Constantly in the "press any key to shutdown" fastboot
- Most often, the problem is the unfriendly yusb-ports. Slow, "oak" yusb - the best option. Or look for another computer, or try yusb-hub, better yusb 2.0.
- When unlocking, the program shows an errorдЅїз”Ё жњЄ иѕѕе€° жЊ‡е®љ ж—¶й—ґ пјЊ ж— жі• и§Јй”Ѓ
- Try other versions of MiFlashUnlock
- When you try to link your phone to the Developer menu pops up "Error Code 1"
- Get off the phone from E-Account, restart your phone and re-enter E-Account.
- On a computer processor Ryzen in 99.5% of cases, not be able to unlock the boot loader due to poor compatibility with adb mode.