DEXP AL-10T2 - Firmware | TV Box Allwinner A20 chip

Rep: (2)
DEXP AL-10T2 - Firmware (Android OS 4.2)
PictureTV box on Allwinner A20 chip
Firmware пїЅ

• To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Specifications
Main characteristics

Device type media player with recording function
Support HD 1080p (Full HD)
TV tuner DVB-T2
Android 4.2 operating system

Format support
MKV, AVI, WMV, MOV file formats
H.264, VC1 Codecs
MP3, WMA, PCM, WAV, FLAC, APE audio files
Image files JPEG, GIF, PNG

Connection
Audio output stereo, audio optical, video composite, HDMI 1.4
Interfaces Wi-Fi, USB 2.0 Type A, Ethernet
DLNA specification support
Support for micro SD, micro SDHC memory cards

Functionality
TimeShift function is
IPTV support functions

Audio
Internet radio is

Design
Remote control is

The name of the processor / chipset Allwinner A20
The size of RAM 512 MB
Flash memory size 8192 MB
External power supply
Passive cooling

Additionally
Internet services are
Dimensions (WxHxD) 102x23x102 mm
Weight 0.17 kg

Additional Information
IR output; AV cable, adapter, manual, remote control

Drivers and Utilities
Dragonface (V2.06) for editing firmware for Allwinner processors: https://yadi.sk/d/rY34irxhmc8ZH
PhoenixCard (v3.09):https://yadi.sk/d/jRZH7kjPmc8Tw

Official firmware
Archive with files (not firmware!) On the official DEXP FTP server: ftp://dev.dexp.club/Me…01_17.11.2014_V1.0.zip

Unofficial firmware
Firmware self-assembly (img-file): https://yadi.sk/d/Auawwqkgmc8Z3
Linux installation

Instructions
How to flash:

- you need: microSD on 4GB (maybe 2GB will do - try it), Phoenixcard program (I had version 3.09), img-file of the firmware

1) using Phoenixcard, format and save the img-file to the memory card (the program will do everything itself, everything is clear). Do not expect to see the files recorded on the card, it is formatted in a special way, in a normal file manager, after recording it will be seen as empty - this is normal.
2) turn off the player from the outlet
3) insert the memory card into the card reader next to the USB connector
4) connect a monitor to the HDMI output (it can be done without it, using the flashing green LED on the player's face)
5) turn on the player in the socket
6) the process has started ... (the green LED starts blinking; if a monitor is connected, a green bar-indicator of the firmware will appear on it)
7) when the LED stops flashing and goes out (the strip on the screen reaches the end), wait a while and unplug the power cord
8) remove the memory card and turn on the player again
9) the player should normally boot and exit to the welcome menu with initial settings

Everything.

miscellanea
For fans to make the firmware "for themselves."
You need the firmware editor for allwinner processors called DragonFace (See above). On the FTP server, the Dexp, unfortunately, for this model of the IMG-File player, there is no firmware, but only archived sources. I had to make a grief in half to get a third-party firmware file for a similar "miracle" SDMC DV7204-T2 (if you flash this firmware, our player will not scan the ether and show digital TV, although the other functionality is broken and it will not work normally and work) and From it using sources from DEXP-A to build self assembly. This is done as follows.
1) using Dragonface, disassemble the img-file of the third-party firmware (link to file:https://yadi.sk/d/Ll0bXMaAmc8aS ).
2) in the folder with Dragonface after disassembly there will be a subfolder / FSOP / SYSTEM
3) unpack the archive from the DEXP-a FTP server (link to the archive:ftp://dev.dexp.club/Me…01_17.11.2014_V1.0.zip) or a backup link (https://yadi.sk/d/4WxCaEJImdvhR); you only need the contents of the SYSTEM folder from this archive.
4) now compare the contents of the SYSTEM archive and SYSTEM from Dragonface. All clear? :)
5) now we delete all apk-applications (tab "Build-in APK" in the interface of Dragonface) so that it is empty; we manually clear all odex files in the SYSTEM / APP subfolder (in the Dragonface folder).
6) now through the same interface we install all apk-applications from the SYSTEM / APP folder (DEXP-ovsky archive) instead of the deleted ones; manually transfer the odex files to the installed applications.
7) now carefully look at the contents of the file init.rc (tab "Advanced Settings" in the interface of Dragonface); we see that in it towards the end a certain script is mentioned: sdmc_init.sh in the root of the SYSTEM folder, which for some reason we did not unpack Dragonface.
8) here is the sdmc_init.sh script (link:https://yadi.sk/d/yk9yqLYWmc8as )
9) copy it to the SYSTEM root (in the folder with Dragonface), where it belongs.
10) You can press the SAVE button (build firmware) in Dragonface.
11) all, we have img-file, ready for firmware (player normally finds and accepts digital TV DVB-T2).

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 21.12.16, 17:50
Reason for editing: Installing Linux

Rep: (0)
In general, it turned out to flash.
I used several cards, with one of them it turned out, with the others the firmware was not loaded.
And also the PhoenixCard_V310 program version below did not want to burn the image on win10.
Thanks to all

Attached files

Attached filePhoenixCard_V3.1.0.rar(1.98 MB)

Linux image deployed cubieez-cb2-nand-hdmi-v2.0.img
I can not pick up the login, password. Any ideas?

picked up.
login cubie password cubieboard
wifi wound up out of the box

Rep: (5)
The guys suffered for a long time, but nothing normal happens with the firmware. Can anyone make and lay out the firmware naked without gaps !! Need a clean android. I turn on films over the network through my native conductor, and watch digital, but it slows down due to gaps !!

Checked the topic.

1. In message No. 31, the link to Aliexpress is invalid. There, I meant the HDMI-VGA adapter. You can see it yourself on Aliexpress.com according to the words "HDMI VGA".
2. In my Yandex-drive, I found some obscure links in the comments to the file with the firmware al-10t2_r01_17.11.2014_v1.0.zip. Do not follow the links in the file comments; download only the file itself.

The reason for my appearance here was that the prefix suddenly turned off after these years of continuous operation (the green LED went out and did not react in any way). All this time, it has been running Linux-Debian for ARM. It turned out that the 1000mkF 10V capacitor was swollen in the external power supply. Replaced - everything worked like new. Inside, the prefix is ​​like new, there are no signs of overheating, not even dust.
By the way, Linux after installation can be updated with a sequence of commands:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get dist-upgrade
apt-get autoremove
apt-get clean

Let me remind you that I do not use the prefix for android, so unfortunately I can’t help you with advice.

Charles_Manson @ 12/05/18, 11:27*
Linux image deployed cubieez-cb2-nand-hdmi-v2.0.img

Charles_Manson @ 12/05/18, 12:50*
picked up.
login cubie password cubieboard
wifi wound up out of the box

Exactly. Also, after the firmware at the stage of entering the password, I lost a lot of time trying out options. Different firmware has different usernames and passwords. After installation, you need to change to your own, so as not to get confused (command: passwd).

Post has been editedivanivanovich1 - 10.12.18, 21:29

UPD: Clapping:
So did not make anyone IPTV?

What does not suit you?IPTV Playlists and Videos

How to configure SSH Server? For remote control. Cubieez-CB2-NAND-HDMI-V2.0.img firmware

Where to find a login and password for other Linux builds?

Rep: (5)
Guys help. Need an application instead of the console. Tell me what suitable?

Glory1983 @ 11.28.19, 20:27*
Where to find a login and password for other Linux builds?

Sometimes there is information in add. files along with the assembly. Or carefully read the site where you download.

Damager2007 @ 11.02.20, 14:05*
Guys help. Need an application instead of the console. Tell me what suitable?

Alas ... Under Android I do not use.

For those who use our prefix under the Linux.
How to upload a prefix with microSD cards from a slot for microSD (without affecting the NAND on the board):

I have on / Nandb in Linux began to appear physical disk errors - the 8GB nand memory (chip 29F64G08CBABA) has spoiled. It is easy to overpass a microcircuit to a new one (250 rub. Piece on Ali), but immediately there is a desire to not use any more memory. Loading goes in order: first the immutable area in the CPU, then (if a hidden button on the right side of the housing is pressed) FEL mode, then (if the hidden button is not pressed) a microSD card in a slot for a microSD card, then nand memory, then .... etc. (Do not interest us further). We are interested in downloading from a slot for microSD (you can make an improvised multiple: No cards - Android with NAND is loaded, the card is inserted - according to the loading order, Linux is loaded with microSD).

1. So far, it was possible to find .img images for microSD with the fresh at the moment the Linux core (Debian version of Buster). This is Armbian (https://yadi.sk/d/thrqtrzh1mlubw.) and Kali Linux (https://yadi.sk/d/fnb4hleauua1wg. ).

2. Need a MicroSD size more (I took 32GB for myself) so that these images in the unpacked form are placed on it and the place remains for the rest in the process of working in Linux, because The prefix will use MicroSD only.

3. To record on a microSD img image - Win32Diskimager-1.0.0-Install.exe program (under Windows):https://yadi.sk/d/vkgdtjjtqle1g.

4. Turn off the console, insert the map into the microSD slot, turn on the console. Linux should start booting.

It turns out everything is simple. And you can use the prefix either with Nand or with a microSD card (someone does not mind).

Remarks:
- Linux images specified here are not created for our console, but for Bananapi Pro and "Cubeboard2". Therefore, something may not work. I did not earn WiFi, there is no sound via HDMI (there is only through the usual connector), but Linux with a new core. It is necessary to deal with Linux to set up for yourself. A malfunction can also appear on the microSD card, but it can be simply replaced.

Kali Linux: Password: Toor
Armbian: Password: 1234

Found a site;https://docs.armbian.com/, it is different zondsPI Shek. I will try!
ARMBIAN has settings tools: sudo Armbian-Config, Sudo Nand-Sata-Install.
Expole: 1234.

I tried different assemblies. Operate only builds for the A20 processor. Wi-Fi does not work, Ethnet works and one USB, HDMI. We must figure out how to activate them.

Glory1983, thanks for the tests. WiFi works on the Kali Linux assembly, it is necessary to prefigure (in my opinion you need to add a new wireless interface. Now I will not say exactly, because I do not use WiFi). HDMI sound has no anywhere (on Cubier-E HDMI-sound worked). USB - Yes, only one worker (close to the front panel), but works well with a USB hub.

P.S. Using the DD command, you can save the boot copy of the configured Linux-A to the full recovery image on the MicroSD in case of which (saving goes for quite a long time and saves the entire volume of the drive, i.e. and empty place). For the same purpose, there is a partimage package (I could not restore the MicroSD to them completely with the boot record, but it remains only a useful volume of the busy system and unnecessary empty space does not include in the image).

- Save a copy of MicroSD:
dd if = / dev / sdb | Gzip - | DD OF = /<folder>/<file image>bs = 8m.

- Restore from microSD copy:
dd if = /<folder>/<file image>| Gunzip - | DD OF = / DEV / SDB

Where:

"if = / dev / sdb" - the location of the MicroSD (in this case, SDB), which we save to the file;
"Gzip -" - a team of compression of the image "on the fly";
"dd of = /<folder>/<file image>"- the name and location of the compressed Gzip-Ohm image file;

P.P.S. Disable the launch of the graphic shell to save RAM:

SystemCTL Disable Lightdm.

Post has been editedivanivanovich1 - 26.03.20, 16:45

It turned out to activate WiFi, by physical tightening +3.3 Volt to the WiFi module.
I want to use AL10T2 for a 3D printer + webcam, (Octoprint server). What use options are possible, share ideas?
Still started samples withftp://staging.olimex.com., kernel 3.4 A20 works., Debian 8.

Hello! Two questions, one on the topic no, excuse me.
1. With HDMI, you can take the sound and pink. There is no HDMI TV (TV ELT), i.e., insert the cable into the laptop HDMI and on the other end to sink tulips. What conclusions to take sound? I watched the pinout but something for doubted the difference of answers.
Thank.
2. It is also possible to take only the sound (the sound out of the tulip on the TV does not work, worked for more than a year, then one channel refused, then another, first quieter, all quieter and completely, took from HDMI consoles on another TV component which is HDMI, so There is an excellent sound and there is no way through a tulip, so I want to take with HDMI on the TV tulip only sound) on the Digital Prefix DEXP with HDMI and on TV through a tulip.
What contacts to take, because they are standard (HDMI contacts)? That is, what about the laptop, for example, with 6.11 sound contact well, and I think with the console, the same thing is the standard cable?
Get or not, correct if something is wrong.
Thank.
Attached Image

What contacts take to spill tulip and paste into tulip tv?
I need one channel, Ie, + sound and another minus as I already know

Tulip and HDMI - two things are not joint. Tulip - analog signal, HDMI - digital. Need a converter. In the prefix (_s_dens_name_) analog sound and videos are displayed through a mini-jack of 3.5mm rear ("AV OUT"). Mini Jack four-pin, and not three, as the usual audio stereo. With some third-party firmware (Linux), I do not even go through the converter with HDMI, because Firmware for other hardware platforms, but work with our console (without HDMI sound).

I do not know who is like, but I have a basic problem (after the number of RAM in our console) is the quality of the flash memory cards. So bad began to release. Where is it former SLC Flash? Let a little, but be reliably. :-(

Post has been editedivanivanovich1 - 02.12.20, 19:33

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 18.01.21, 19:20