> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung GT-I8160 Galaxy Ace 2 - LineageOS / CyanogenMod firmware (OS 5.x-8.x)
Select firmware
What firmware did you choose for yourself for everyday use?
LineageOS (CyanogenMod) 14.1 [ 276 ] ** [49,91%]
Resurrection Remix N [ 23 ] ** [4,16%]
AICP 12.1 [ 17 ] ** [3,07%]
Ultimate ROM [6.0.1] [ 12 ] ** [2,17%]
CyanogenMod 13 [ 81 ] ** [14,65%]
CyanogenMod 11 [ 58 ] ** [10,49%]
Stock firmware 4.1.2 [ 86 ] ** [15,55%]
Total votes: 553

Rep: (301)
Samsung GT-I8160 Galaxy Ace 2 - LineageOS / CyanogenMod firmware (OS 5.x-8.x)
PictureGT-I8160, GT-I8160P, codina, codinap
Description | Discussion | FAQ | Purchase | Accessories | Marriage | Firmware | Official firmware (2.3.6) | Official firmware (4.1.2) | Custom firmware (2.3.6 / 4.1.2) | Firmware MIUI V4 / 5 | Firmware CyanogenMod 10/11 | Development of firmware and kernels | Owners Club | Topics for CyanogenMod 12/13

Important information!
  • The first installation of firmware (if the phone has not been flashed before) is carried out only on the official firmware 4.1.2.
Drivers and Utilities
FAQ
How to enter the recovery menu?
Turn off the phone and turn it on while holding down the Home, ON / OFF and Volume + buttons.
Where to get TWRP Recowery?
It is sewn into the kernels of custom firmwares and therefore it will appear on your device after installation.
How to activate forced reboot?
Clamp all device buttons simultaneously and wait for the screen to turn off (usually takes ≈10 seconds) and then release all buttons.
How to enable settings for developers?
Go to Settings>“About phone” and press “Build number” 7 times.
How to make a screenshot?
At the same time hold and hold the Home and Volume - buttons.
Will IMEI crash after firmware?
Not.
What to do if, after various manipulations with the firmware, IMEI still flies?
Follow this instructions to restore them.
How to get root-rights?
In firmware, they are already built-in. You can activate them in the settings for developers in the item “Superuser mode”.
Is it possible to install firmware through standard recovery?
Not. Custom firmware will not be installed due to the verification of archive signatures built into the recovery.
How to backup (backup) applications to restore them on a new firmware?
Using the “Titanium Backup” program, but in very rare cases, errors may occur in the operation of restored applications.
How to return to the standard (stock) firmware?
Install it through Odin. All details in related topic
Should I do a system cleanup when updating an existing firmware?
No, cleaning is optional. Just install it through the recovery on top of the existing one.
What are GApps?
GApps (Google Apps) are Google’s apps and services.
What to do if VPN does not work?
Copy file tun.ko of system / lib / modules at system / lib / modules / autoload and restart the phone.
Why, when choosing a 3G network mode, it sometimes automatically switches to 2G and how to solve this problem?
For some firmware in the settings, the “3G” mode means “2G + 3G” with the priority of the latter. You can fix this by choosing 3G mode in the settings, then dialing the code “* # * # 4636 # * # *” in the dialer, in the window that appears, go along the path “Phone Information”>“Set Preferred Network Type” and select “WCDMA only”
How to “overclock” a smartphone?
Overclocking is carried out using the built-in ChronoKernel firmware by increasing the processor frequency (by default 800 MHz with the possibility of increasing to 1245 MHz) and using a script for overclocking DDR (more details under the "Useful" spoiler).
Why did the 3G connection disappear in the firmware, data transfer does not turn on, and in the settings in the item “Communication module firmware” it shows “XXXX” and how to fix it?
This happened as a result of damage to the “modemfs” section in the phone. To return everything to its place, you need to flash the modem you need for this reference .

Note!
If you selected modems for CWM, then you can sew them through TWRP, but you have to do this 2 times. After the first installation, in the settings, the firmware of the communication module will be defined as “Unknown”, and after the second, everything will be as it should.
How to make Logcat if the phone is hanging on bootanimation?
Need to follow this instructions
What is memory re-allocation, what is it for, and what file to re-allocate?
This is the process of resizing memory in some partitions at the expense of others. It is needed because when installing custom firmware in the "system" section there is not enough space to install GApps. Of the presented selection of files for re-allocation of memory, I personally recommend choosing this one - CWM_ReParted_SY820_CA130_DA1800_SD1000
Instructions
CWM installation
1. Download the archive from CWM:Temporary CWM
2. Copy it to the root of the memory card
3. Go into the recovery (hold down the Volume +, Home and Power buttons simultaneously)
4. Use the volume buttons to select apply update from sdcard, the power button - confirmation
5. Select the archive with CWM and install it.
Installing firmware
1. Install the stock firmware Android 4.1.2 (if already installed, skip this item)
2. Download the firmware, GAPPS for the Android firmware version (5.1 or 6.0, put the gapps package at your discretion), as well as the Chrono corer2.24.7
3. Copy the firmware, GAPPS and kernel to the root of the memory card
4. Run a temporary CWM, install the Chrono r2.24.7 kernel, restart the recovery
5. Back up the partitions: click Backup and select Data, Boot and System
6. Next, click wipe and select system, data and cache
7. Click on Install, select the archive with the firmware and GAPPS
8. Confirm installation
9. Reboot the device
Firmware upgrade
Not in every case, you can just update, sometimes you need to install from scratch.
Firmware update examples:
1. Transition SM12.1->CM13. Since the firmware is incompatible, you need a "clean" installation, for this you need to make wipe system, data and cache in CWM / TWRP. Similarly for
SM13->CM12.1.
2. When updating CM12.1 / 13->CM12.1 / 13 from another developer, you need a "clean" installation, for this you need to make wipe system, data and cache in CWM / TWRP.
3. When updating CM12.1 / 13->CM12.1 / 13 from one developer, you don’t need to do wipe (unless the developer asks for it).
Note
WhenCM13 by SergeylThere are 2 types: Standard and Full.
Upon transition CM13 Standard->CM13 Complete, you need a "clean" installation (because the firmware is incompatible), for this you need to make wipe system, data and cache in CWM / TWRP.
Similarly with CM13 Full->CM13 Standard.
When updating the firmware of one type, wipe does not need to be done (unless the developer asks for it).

If you decide to roll back to the stock firmware 4.1, go tothis topic. Firmware and instructions are in that topic.
Firmware
Android 9.0.0 Pie
Android 8.1.0 Oreo
Android 7.1.2 Nougat
Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (Deprecated)
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (Deprecated)
Google apps
Useful
Polls
Attached Image

Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply by creating a new topic in the sectionI want to be curator(having previously studiedRules and recommendations for curators).
Prior to the appointment of the curator, on filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editeddestroyer71 - 24.08.19, 04:04
Reason for editing: editing

Rep: (27)
look just in case in the information about the phone version of the modem ... I was so

Rep: (1029)
Ogremagi85LVL @ 05.10.2015, 17:12*
Nobody watched the complete SIM cards on the firmware of Sergey without the possibility of restoring the reboot or shutdown (Rom from 29 Sep, Oposa Beeline).

29 I did not release .. And on the 27th full there could be these glitches ... I also did not work when switching to modems mode .. I fell off the tightening. The telly bodied. .. Everything corrected it, but I did not notice .. So, how long ago it corrected

Post has been editedSergeyl - 05.10.15, 17:48

Rep: (637)
* Granindm
It is impossible, and mostly, it does not make sense without updating the entire MMC driver entirely. And we have a very specific and old driver (from LK2.6), I did not have to update even before LK3.0.

Rep: (1)
* Sergeyl,
Sergey, so there with a call? While bad things? Many people write that when calling the phone, Friesit as I do not know what. The screen does not light up, even on the last builds up to the 27th number inclusive

Danilkalmykov @ 05.10.2015, 21:34*
Sergeyl,
Sergey, so there with a call? While bad things? Many people write that when calling the phone, Friesit as I do not know what. The screen does not light up, even on the last builds up to the 27th number inclusive

He always grieves me. There are delays up to 7 seconds .. but it's when I sit in Vibers and some programs are launched .. and the memory at this time falls below 150 meters ...

Even with the working Navitel and launcher VIber ... Bodies perfectly with me responds to an incoming call ... There may be problems with some kind of softener I lowered ... I haven't found the logs on the logs yet ... I have that software that costs In addition to the Gulele and native ..el works fine

Post has been editedSergeyl - 05.10.15, 21:41

* Sergeyl,
Because, can I do something to do so that even with the RAM below 150 mb light up? And then I sit in the VC, listening to Mouzon and a black screen when calling, and the phone sometimes reaches the reboot when it works.

Added 05.10.2015, 21:40:

* Sergeyl,
But also not only for me) you have it perfectly well, I understood)

Danilkalmykov @ 05.10.2015, 21:40*
Sergeyl,
But also not only for me) you have it perfectly well, I understood)

I did not try with the VC ... I do not use it ... I listen to the museum only by my relative player .. I will put the contacts to drive, I will not see that there .. And I didn't have any illusions and overload

Post has been editedSergeyl - 05.10.15, 21:44

* Sergeyl,
I do not know, many have seen a lot of posts where people say that the ppz dialer as lags. I remember the CM lock the code updated it seems, now everything should be smart. But in the first number 27 did not notice this. I give the phone just lies, then yes, everything is fine, but when you begin to use it, and you call you in the middle of work, it is terrible hell. I listen to the muling, too, in your native player, but sometimes I use third-party

Rep: (51)
Sergeyl sitting on extreme standard. Gave a maximum load on the dialer. The delays are minimal, the display lights up in the worst case after 3 seconds. But I caught the glitch: if the curtain of the quick settings is open, and the call is received, the curtain does not hide back, but closes the WX screen. Call.

Post has been editedserega65sc - 05.10.15, 21:55

* serega65sc
How did you give a maximum load on the dialer?)

Incl. Different programs, music, Internet and called your number.

* serega65sc
This is not a load on the dialer, you just scored stupidly memory. I also have when I sit in different programs, sometimes the dialer is easily triggered, but sometimes (for the most part) is just a kapets. Words not to pass these friezes

Serega65sc @ 05.10.2015, 21:53*
Sergeyl sitting on extreme standard. Gave a maximum load on the dialer. The delays are minimal, the display lights up in the worst case after 3 seconds.

Well, even at least one dialer works .. I, too, everything works finely about the dialer .. I'll tell you that my patch is still perfect .. but I understand the work even over him ...
Serega65sc @ 05.10.2015, 21:53*
But I caught the glitch: if the curtain of the quick settings is open, and the call is received, the curtain does not hide back, but closes the WX screen. Call.

An interesting glitch .... I didn't get so much ... I checked on the full version of today ... if it is selected to start in the form of notification, the notifications appear on top of the curtains ... If the full mode is selected, then the dialer hides behind the curtain curtain There appears notifications to answer or not .. how it should be working .. and thedient did not think about it on the SM12.1 ..No 11 I'm not remembered ...

Added 05.10.2015, 23:11:

Danilkalmykov @ 05.10.2015, 22:33*
Words not to pass these friezes

What friezes then ?? I can not understand that not so? The screen on time the dialer is not buggy .. if the screen turns on the screen for a long time, then I already wrote it ..

No one has a glitch - with an incoming call, after receiving it, you can not wake up the screen? I recently have such a bug: / until the phone does not put on the other side, I can not do anything.
P.S. I tried on two different firmware (omni and vanir) - the result is one. Can the sensor covered? Apparently it will have to be forced to turn off, since this is the case ...

Post has been editedChronoMonochrome - 05.10.15, 23:24

CHRONOMONOCHROME @ 05.10.2015, 23:19*
Can the sensor covered? Apparently it will have to be forced to turn off, since this is the case ...

Looks like that ... comes cranes to him ... I understand it is not always? Or constant .. the path of switching on and disconnecting the approximation sensor

Post has been editedSergeyl - 05.10.15, 23:42

* Sergeyl,
always. I turned off the sensor in the kernel .. Well, it seems like, I will check tomorrow. If that, patches will ask.

Rep: (7)
* Sergeyl,

Updated without wipes on rum from 5 Oct, Simka did not wake up,
About Phone - Baseband XXXX
Looks like a modem really fell off, as talked above
what do you advise?
: thank_you:

Post has been editedOgreMagi85lvl - 06.10.15, 00:00

Ogremagi85LVL @ 05.10.2015, 23:59*
Updated without wipes on rum from 5 Oct, Simka did not wake up,
About Phone - Baseband XXXX
Looks like a modem really fell off, as talked above
what do you advise?

Here is a way to restore from under any firmware, I put the experiments ...
Restoration modem
Samsung GT-I8160 Galaxy Ace 2 - CyanogenMod 10/11 Firmware (Post Sergeyl # 40742824)

Posted on 10/06/2015, 00:04:

Chronomonochrome @ 05.10.2015, 23:54*
Sergeyl,
always. I turned off the sensor in the kernel .. Well, it seems like, I will check tomorrow. If that, patches will ask.

Clear .Then you write, ladies Patches through the menu in the settings on the off sensor

Sergeyl ideally, if the curtain hid at once. Standard do not update?
Friezes and departures are, but extremely rare, and absolutely not predictable, most likely when the operator is clogged under zero. Count. Interface for all time once flew when I tried to see a very hard video. According to the result, then he looked fine. Friezes can be when too many applications are running in background. For example, my music player hangs in the operative, although I listened to music 3-4 hours ago. But again I repeat, it is extremely rare.

Post has been editedserega65sc - 06.10.15, 00:08

Serega65SC @ 10/06/2015, 00:07*
Sergeyl ideally, if the curtain hid at once. Standard do not update?

Tomorrow intends to update the standard .. At the expense of the curtains and the incoming, I understood ... I will do as it should

Post has been editedSergeyl - 06.10.15, 00:11

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 29.01.21, 20:02