> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung GT-I8160 Galaxy Ace 2 - LineageOS / CyanogenMod firmware (OS 5.x-8.x)
Select firmware
What firmware did you choose for yourself for everyday use?
LineageOS (CyanogenMod) 14.1 [ 271 ] ** [49,63%]
Resurrection Remix N [ 23 ] ** [4,21%]
AICP 12.1 [ 16 ] ** [2,93%]
Ultimate ROM [6.0.1] [ 12 ] ** [2,2%]
CyanogenMod 13 [ 81 ] ** [14,84%]
CyanogenMod 11 [ 58 ] ** [10,62%]
Stock firmware 4.1.2 [ 85 ] ** [15,57%]
Total votes: 546

Rep: (301)
Samsung GT-I8160 Galaxy Ace 2 - LineageOS / CyanogenMod firmware (OS 5.x-8.x)
PictureGT-I8160, GT-I8160P, codina, codinap
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Official firmware (2.3.6) пїЅ | Official firmware (4.1.2) пїЅ | Custom firmware (2.3.6 / 4.1.2) пїЅ | Firmware MIUI V4 / 5 пїЅ | Firmware CyanogenMod 10/11 пїЅ | Development of firmware and kernels пїЅ | Owners Club | Topics for CyanogenMod 12/13

Important information!
  • The first installation of firmware (if the phone has not been flashed before) is carried out only on the official firmware 4.1.2.
Drivers and Utilities
FAQ
How to enter the recovery menu?
Turn off the phone and turn it on while holding down the Home, ON / OFF and Volume + buttons.
Where to get TWRP Recowery?
It is sewn into the kernels of custom firmwares and therefore it will appear on your device after installation.
How to activate forced reboot?
Clamp all device buttons simultaneously and wait for the screen to turn off (usually takes ≈10 seconds) and then release all buttons.
How to enable settings for developers?
Go to Settings>“About phone” and press “Build number” 7 times.
How to make a screenshot?
At the same time hold and hold the Home and Volume - buttons.
Will IMEI crash after firmware?
Not.
What to do if, after various manipulations with the firmware, IMEI still flies?
Follow this instructions to restore them.
How to get root-rights?
In firmware, they are already built-in. You can activate them in the settings for developers in the item “Superuser mode”.
Is it possible to install firmware through standard recovery?
Not. Custom firmware will not be installed due to the verification of archive signatures built into the recovery.
How to backup (backup) applications to restore them on a new firmware?
Using the “Titanium Backup” program, but in very rare cases, errors may occur in the operation of restored applications.
How to return to the standard (stock) firmware?
Install it through Odin. All details in related topic
Should I do a system cleanup when updating an existing firmware?
No, cleaning is optional. Just install it through the recovery on top of the existing one.
What are GApps?
GApps (Google Apps) are Google’s apps and services.
What to do if VPN does not work?
Copy file tun.ko of system / lib / modules at system / lib / modules / autoload and restart the phone.
Why, when choosing a 3G network mode, it sometimes automatically switches to 2G and how to solve this problem?
For some firmware in the settings, the “3G” mode means “2G + 3G” with the priority of the latter. You can fix this by choosing 3G mode in the settings, then dialing the code “* # * # 4636 # * # *” in the dialer, in the window that appears, go along the path “Phone Information”>“Set Preferred Network Type” and select “WCDMA only”
How to “overclock” a smartphone?
Overclocking is carried out using the built-in ChronoKernel firmware by increasing the processor frequency (by default 800 MHz with the possibility of increasing to 1245 MHz) and using a script for overclocking DDR (more details under the "Useful" spoiler).
Why did the 3G connection disappear in the firmware, data transfer does not turn on, and in the settings in the item “Communication module firmware” it shows “XXXX” and how to fix it?
This happened as a result of damage to the “modemfs” section in the phone. To return everything to its place, you need to flash the modem you need for this reference .

Note!
If you selected modems for CWM, then you can sew them through TWRP, but you have to do this 2 times. After the first installation, in the settings, the firmware of the communication module will be defined as “Unknown”, and after the second, everything will be as it should.
How to make Logcat if the phone is hanging on bootanimation?
Need to follow this instructions
What is memory re-allocation, what is it for, and what file to re-allocate?
This is the process of resizing memory in some partitions at the expense of others. It is needed because when installing custom firmware in the "system" section there is not enough space to install GApps. Of the presented selection of files for re-allocation of memory, I personally recommend choosing this one - CWM_ReParted_SY820_CA130_DA1800_SD1000
Instructions
CWM installation
1. Download the archive from CWM:Temporary CWM
2. Copy it to the root of the memory card
3. Go into the recovery (hold down the Volume +, Home and Power buttons simultaneously)
4. Use the volume buttons to select apply update from sdcard, the power button - confirmation
5. Select the archive with CWM and install it.
Installing firmware
1. Install the stock firmware Android 4.1.2 (if already installed, skip this item)
2. Download the firmware, GAPPS for the Android firmware version (5.1 or 6.0, put the gapps package at your discretion), as well as the Chrono corer2.24.7
3. Copy the firmware, GAPPS and kernel to the root of the memory card
4. Run a temporary CWM, install the Chrono r2.24.7 kernel, restart the recovery
5. Back up the partitions: click Backup and select Data, Boot and System
6. Next, click wipe and select system, data and cache
7. Click on Install, select the archive with the firmware and GAPPS
8. Confirm installation
9. Reboot the device
Firmware upgrade
Not in every case, you can just update, sometimes you need to install from scratch.
Firmware update examples:
1. Transition SM12.1->CM13. Since the firmware is incompatible, you need a "clean" installation, for this you need to make wipe system, data and cache in CWM / TWRP. Similarly for
SM13->CM12.1.
2. When updating CM12.1 / 13->CM12.1 / 13 from another developer, you need a "clean" installation, for this you need to make wipe system, data and cache in CWM / TWRP.
3. When updating CM12.1 / 13->CM12.1 / 13 from one developer, you don’t need to do wipe (unless the developer asks for it).
Note
WhenCM13 by SergeylThere are 2 types: Standard and Full.
Upon transition CM13 Standard->CM13 Complete, you need a "clean" installation (because the firmware is incompatible), for this you need to make wipe system, data and cache in CWM / TWRP.
Similarly with CM13 Full->CM13 Standard.
When updating the firmware of one type, wipe does not need to be done (unless the developer asks for it).

If you decide to roll back to the stock firmware 4.1, go tothis topic. Firmware and instructions are in that topic.
Firmware
Android 9.0.0 Pie
Android 8.1.0 Oreo
Android 7.1.2 Nougat
Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (Deprecated)
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (Deprecated)
Google apps
Useful
Polls
Attached Image

Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply by creating a new topic in the sectionI want to be curator(having previously studiedRules and recommendations for curators).
Prior to the appointment of the curator, on filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editeddestroyer71 - 24.08.19, 04:04
Reason for editing: editing

Rep: (33)
* ChronoMonochrome, Not last Omni. What is the reason? Reflaking and F2FS stands.

Attached files

Attached fileOmni-5.1.1-20151002-Codina-homemade.zip.log.txt(4.87 KB)

Post has been editeddjkenny - 04.10.15, 16:40

Rep: (636)
Djkenny @ 04.10.2015, 16:40*
Not last Omni. What is the reason? Reflaking and F2FS stands.

Business in the redecessing and jamb of the installer. You have a section of Preload standing too reduced, and the installer tries to format it. Wait until I reboot this build.

Rep: (209)
I am flashing here for my brother on the firmware from Sergey. There was 2 times the ass that the alarm clock did not work on the old firmware. Included a smartphone, and he starts to start all the alarm clocks.
Last page it is written that it hangs from Sergey. Yes ... smartphone trouble.

Rep: (11)
bonny_k-9 ,
SM12 in development and communicate to mind will be long for a number of reasons. Put the SM11 from the adjacent branch and rejoice in life, everything is already licked and doped there. Not such trouble our smart: rolleyes:

Rep: (0)
D @ CENT @ 04.10.2015, 20:23*
Not such trouble our smart

Another thing is that the device is obsolete. The amount of profits and meaning further lick the firmware is less every day. I am almost sure that every owner of Ace 2 is already thinking about buying a new smartphone. And it's not necessary to say that "I am satisfied with everything," if you were given a smartphone today, then any of us would have left Ace 2 grandmother for which the stock firmware is quite ice. That is, there will be such a stage that CM12.1 is licked, but only 3 people remained on ACE 2. In the course of the already Marshmallow, where it is possible to work on Lolipop are useless.

Post has been editedIchigoWalker - 04.10.15, 21:36

Rep: (11)
Ichigowalker @ 04.10.2015, 20:35*
Another thing is that the device is obsolete

Of course, it is obsolete, but not everyone has the opportunity to buy something newer, especially now. Of course, the development of SM12 will stall when the dear sergeyl and Chronomonochrome will acquire new devices. But their firmware will be used for another couple of years

Rep: (7)
I installed the stock firmware of the core from Chrono v3.6. Then I decided to install SM12. But TWRP does not see any memory of the phone, no flash memory! What to do tell me pls

Rep: (136)
* be3yh4ick
Make Wipe Ramdisk and try again

* be3yh4ick
Put the versa of the kernel aged. For example, 2.24.7 is quite suitable for installing the firmware.

Rep: (9)
* be3yh4ick
Exactly the same situation. Can 3.7 flash through one? How to do it?

Rep: (203)
* kerat123, The kernel of chrono is stitched exclusively from under the recovery

Post has been editedArt2000 - 05.10.15, 10:35

But how to flash through the recovery if it does not see a flash drive nor the memory of the phone. Ramdisk also does not see, it does not do it. Sees only the system partition, but from there it does not flash, gives an error.

Post has been editedkerat123 - 05.10.15, 11:21

* kerat123,
It is necessary to read the topic normally:
Azizjan @ 05.10.2015, 06:38*
Put the versa of the kernel aged. For example, 2.24.7 is quite suitable for installing the firmware.

There should be no problem with this version.

Rep: (1)
* ChronoMonochrome,

I already wrote that my brakes begin when exchanging with memory card.
MMCQD starts to pull the processor and after that the application drops, or the phone becomes inadequate at all.
Especially noticeable when I use chrome. It hangs very often. And at these moments I can't answer the call at all.

Is it possible to try to compile the kernel with the last version
Linux / Drivers / MMC / CARD / QUEUE.C.
I looked, there is about the fourth part of the code added, compared to ours.

I am even ready to put the kernel with this source and drive.

* Azizjan,
And the kernel 2.24.7 is stitched through one? Because the recovery sees nothing.

Rep: (3)
Previously, pictures were kept from the memory card on the phone when it came to the gallery .... it has long been fixed if he asked about it ...

Rep: (975)
Full updated firmware ...
Version 20152015 - Any changes in my post ...

The default optimization is fast. Full themselves activate

Rep: (7)
Nobody watched the complete SIM cards on the firmware of Sergey without the possibility of restoring the reboot or shutdown (Rom from 29 Sep, Oposa Beeline).

Rep: (27)
Ogremagi85LVL @ 05.10.2015, 21:12*
Nobody watched the complete SIM cards on the firmware of Sergey without the possibility of restoring the reboot or shutdown (Rom from 29 Sep, Oposa Beeline).

The modem did not accidentally fly?

Rep: (3)
Everything would be completely rolled back on backup))) and simka worked again

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 03.11.20, 02:55