Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) and Wi-Fi Calling (VoWi-Fi) in Russia | Discussion of VoLTE / Wi-Fi Calling communication services and their launch in Russia
Do we need additional options
Do you need presented options (you can choose more than one option)
USSD over IMS [ 213 ] ** [44,01%]
SMS over IMS [ 253 ] ** [52,27%]
Video over IMS [ 137 ] ** [28,31%]
None needed [ 38 ] ** [7,85%]
Total votes: 484

Rep: (409)
Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and Wi-Fi Calling (VoWiFi / VoWLAN) in Russia

Attached Image

About technology
    VoLTE (in English. Voice over LTE - voice over LTE) is a voice over LTE network technology based on IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS). Allows you to provide voice services and deliver them as a data stream over LTE. VoLTE has three times more voice capacity and data capacity than 3G UMTS networks and up to six times more than 2G GSM networks. In addition, it frees up bandwidth because packet headers are smaller than non-optimized VoIP / LTE.

Wi-Fi Calling - a technology that allows you to make voice and video calls, exchange text messages on the mobile operator core network through connection to any Wi-Fi-network. In fact, thus solving the problem of poor quality of voice service or its complete absence in the premises, and there is no need for mobile network development in separate buildings. Technologically, Wi-Fi Calling (or Voice-over-Wi-Fi) - a continuation of the services of Voice-over-LTE (LTE transmission of voice over data networks), which is based - voice over IP-based. The principal difference between Wi-Fi Calling on the existing services of IP-telephony (Skype or multiple applications such as WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook Messenger and so on.) Is that the call is made on the base of the mobile operator network and is an ordinary phone call mobile numbers subscriber. To work VoWiFi be skipped here are the ports / protocols: UDP / 4500, the UDP / 500, ESP.
Articles, instructions, videos and other materials
Materials
Information on operators

б…  б… List of smartphones supporting VoLTE and VoWi-Fi (Wi-Fi Calling) from different operators
б…  б… Interactive map of supporting VoLTE & WFC regions (MTS, MegaFon, TELE2)(From the author of the map for MTSwa75)
Beeline IMS is temporarily turned off and VoLTE is not working
Megaphone
Mts
Tele2
MVNO operators
    Sbermobile
    The operator works on the baseTele 2 . supported Technologies VoWiFi in Moscow and St. Petersburg

MGTS
    The operator works on the baseMts . VoLTE / VoWiFi technology supported

Tinkoff mobile
    The operator works on the baseTele 2 . Being developed VoLTE
Yota
Motive
Surveys
What technology is more important to you?
Attached Image

Cellular networks, network generation, frequency and range, as well as other technologies used by our operators, we discuss the topic:
Monitoring cellular networks in Russia

The curator of the topic isDjeclol. For all questions please contactQMS.

Post has been editedDjeclol - 17.06.20, 13:06
Reason for editing: Mts

Rep: (2)
Comrades! A funny garbage! I beeline iphone 6 once a reservation. I talked to beekeepers - we say VoLTE launched 08/12/2015. Cool. Do not say anything. Debited from Apple - I ask the question why does not work? Meet - go beat the operator, phone poher he is able to, but if the operator can VoLTE and something wiser - and let them give of-the letter that they can, let them themselves (Apple) ipat. And now here it feels cool, sent them to declare officially let say can or not they want to be able to VoLTE ... And a miracle !!! Open the link -http: //moskva.beeline...-bezlimitniy-internet/
So can ... Waiting for the official response from Beeline. I think someone kabzda. FOR. Either the iPhones are shit that VoLTE does not work and they all donate iPhones for non-compliance with the declared technical specifications, or Beeline will start mixing shit with all who feels lazy, including none other than I. Communication with the biline and apple is documented ... Maybe the situation is? It was a good experience ...

* tuzmaster
iPhone 6 supports VoLTE. But while the update that activates this feature for Beeline, did not come. When it comes, the item "switch" VoLTE will appear in the settings. That's when it should be earned.
Who slows down in this case - Beeline or Apple, I do not presume to judge.

I got the impression that Apple doesn’t itch until the users request activation ... honestly - it’s out…
a manager from the apple gave a whole sequence of what to do, what and what documents to demand from the biline, I will pass in the apple documents confirming that the beeline launched, after which pipets what management of the apple (probably Cook himself) will give the task to the engineers to turn on ... the manager all the time somewhere ran to ask something. Inspired of course ...

Post has been editedtuzmaster - 03.09.15, 20:11

Soon VoLTE support will be activated in Russian iPhone 6 / 6L. Already test with a network of Beeline and MegaFon in Moscow. And VoWiFi. no more comments

https://twitter.com/_a…tus/639522086902472704

Rep: (16)
What is known about the implementation of VoLTE in Cyanogen?

Rep: (32)
Yanixxx @ 09/03/2015, 17:51*
iPhone 6 supports VoLTE. But while the update that activates this feature for Beeline, did not come. When it comes, the item "switch" VoLTE will appear in the settings. That's when it should be earned.
Who slows down in this case - Beeline or Apple, I do not presume to judge.

No "Enable VoLTE" switch will appear. The LTE enable section will change, namely, the choice: voice and data / data / turn off.
Screenshots below.

tuzmaster @ 09/03/2015, 17:31*
Comrades! A funny garbage! I beeline iphone 6 once a reservation. I talked to beekeepers - we say VoLTE launched 08/12/2015. Cool. Do not say anything. Debited from Apple - I ask the question why does not work? Meet - go beat the operator, phone poher he is able to, but if the operator can VoLTE and something wiser - and let them give of-the letter that they can, let them themselves (Apple) ipat. And now here it feels cool, sent them to declare officially let say can or not they want to be able to VoLTE ... And a miracle !!! Open the link -http: //moskva.beeline...-bezlimitniy-internet/
So can ... Waiting for the official response from Beeline. I think someone kabzda. FOR. Either the iPhones are shit that VoLTE does not work and they all donate iPhones for non-compliance with the declared technical specifications, or Beeline will start mixing shit with all who feels lazy, including none other than I. Communication with the biline and apple is documented ... Maybe the situation is? It was a good experience ...

Everything corresponds!) You can even raise your IMS and use VoLTE on iPhone 6/6 + through a third-party operator (MTT, for example). Interesting? I'll tell you how) In principle, it is possible to make the iPhone work in VoLTE without Apple, but ... The Beeline IMS domain is unknown, registration types and other technical details are unknown.
To iPhone 6/6 + earned VoLTE, the system VimpelCom_ru.ipcc file section Carrier Bundle, should see some additional files (in the screenshot shown in yellow), responsible for device registration in the IMS domain. Red color files for work in the LTE network. Folder "signatures" contains signatures for LTE / VoLTE activation files. Change them - is impossible. At the moment we are testing the network, but from personal experience: a lot of registry errors, constant troubles with CRVS and therefore, there are doubts that the Apple iPhone enables support for Beeline soon. While not eliminate all schools. Perhaps that will have time to September 8 and 9 in iOS is already activated support.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Yarosfrank54 @ 09/06/2015, 13:55*
No "Enable VoLTE" switch will appear. The LTE enable section will change, namely, the choice: voice and data / data / turn off.

What is the difference, as it is called in the iPhone? I do not have an iPhone to look exactly like it was called in ios. The meaning of this does not change - the VoLTE switch should appear.

Post has been editedEpm @ k - 21.12.18, 12:19

I have to go

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedEpm @ k - 15.11.18, 09:46
Reason for editing: removed the picture in the spoiler

Rep: (554)
* tuzmaster
Come in "voice and data." what is there? If only items 2G, 3G, LTE, then you have nothing

So it is written the voice and data - LTE

Rep: (157)
should be something like this:

Attached Image

I have 9 firmware, then what's on the screen - so it seems at 8.

* tuzmaster
at 8 there is also a “voice and data” item. does not mean anything. It is important to be able to choose how to handle calls.

Tomorrow is the presentation of ios 9, I really want VoLTE on iphone 6 in Beeline. Can anyone know something new?

I know! Everything will be but not immediately!

Komarade! I share -Attached fileSafonov cover 4 G.pdf(264.25 KB)

I am a physical person and I have postpay.
I called 0611 - they said that my VoLTE is off. Turned on.
But it did not work.
Left to knock on the apple.

* tuzmaster
Well, knock. Until Apple Activates, You Will Not Receive

1. Tech support Apple - I do not know how the rest, for me so you can finish as much as they are polite and delicate.
2. In the words "There is no connection between Apple and Beeline" - I understood everything at once. (The context was that Apple did not certify Beeline, certification started in June)
3. Apple software blocks the VoLTE function.
4. Finally. Sweet girl Maria at the end of the conversation said in a quiet whisper - tomorrow they can turn on at 9 ...
Think for yourself, decide for yourself ...
Beeline also chemists ... Well, but they already include this feature through their switch on request (I recommend to include it in advance). We are waiting for inclusion from Apple. Behind this all. I am waiting for a letter from the manager of the applet with a message about the inclusion. See you later!

Rep: (157)
* tuzmaster
Well, it's the same as it was with LTE on the Iphone 5S ...))
generally waiting)

Post has been editedmsya - 08.09.15, 14:17

Has she whispered that in ios 9 this can happen?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 13/08/20, 16:32