TP-LINK TL-WR842ND - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, firmware, problem solving

Rep: (15)
TP-LINK TL-WR842N / ND- Discussion
Attached Image
The forum decided to post images under the spoiler Attached Image

A photo:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Description:
TL-WR842ND is a multifunctional wireless Router of the N series with a data transfer rate of up to 300 Mbps, which guarantees uninterrupted streaming HD video, online games, Skype calls and quick file transfer over the local network. The USB multifunctional port provides convenient operation with a wireless printer, as well as the ability to configure the FTP server. The guest network provides a separate access to your network for guest users, and the VPN-tunnel feature is capable of securing data when transferring data between multiple local networks.
Specifications:
  • Wi-Fi speed - up to 300 Mbps
  • Wireless Standards - IEEE 802.11n / g / b
  • Frequency range - 2,400 - 2,4835 GHz
  • Interfaces - 4 10/100 Mbps LAN ports, 1 10/100 Mbps WAN port, 1 USB 2.0 port
  • Buttons Button - WPS / Reset (WPS function / reset), Wi-Fi ON / OFF button (on / off wireless broadcast)
  • Antennas - 2 removable omnidirectional antennas with 5 dBi gain
  • USB functions - Data storage / FTP / Media / Print server / 3G / 4G connection
  • Wireless Network Security - WEP, WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK Encryption, MAC Address Filtering
  • Additional functions - NAT (network address translation), VPN traffic transmission (PPTP / L2TP / IPSec), SPI firewall, access control, 5 IPsec VPN tunnels, guest network
  • Food - 12 V post. current / 1 A
  • Dimensions - 192 x 130 x 33 mm
Firmware
Instructions:
Complete User Guide:
Restore or replace the router software:
  • 1. If there are no problems for users when switching from official to alternative firmware, an attempt to replace one alternative firmware with another may cause difficulties. For example, if you want to replace OpenWRT with DD-WRT (and other combinations), you will need to roll back to the factory software from the web interface and then upgrade to the desired one.
  • 2. This router is practically not killed (in terms of experiments with software), but a situation may arise when it is necessary to recover, but there is no access to the web interface. Then we do this (an example for revision v2, therefore the files are substituted for the revision corresponding to yours):time, two, three. Firmware for recovery via tftpd revision 3.
  • 3. Ways to replace the router software

3G / 4G USB Modem Compatibility Chart(stock software).
3G Backup Channel Setup(OpenWRT).
Examplerestore and configure the router (ver.1) with Gargoyle, NDIS modem (3372) + unlimited bonuses ;-)
Replacing the radiator in the TL-WR842ND v1
Connect OpenWrt / LEDE as a wifi client
DD-Wrt connection as a wifi client
We raise 4G connection on Openwrt
Differences from the team building ofmodemsandmen from openwrt
Collection of tips

Post has been editedstp101 - 05.11.20, 19:06
Reason for editing: Beta firmware from the manufacturer TP-Link c support Huawei E3372h-320

Rep: (13)
segerist @ 13.04.20, 05:56*
Here you can read more about this?
how it changes and even ITSELF?

I explain: (Windows 10)
1) Control Panel \ Network and Internet \ Network Connections
2) Right-click on the network device
3) Properties / IP version 4 (NCP / IPv4)
4) A check mark in the "Use the following IP-address"
5) in the IP-address insert 192.168.0.66 (subnet mask pops up automatically, tick on "Use the following addresses of DNS-servers" is automatically set - empty field)
6) click "OK"
7) window closes
8) open again / again the window "properties", nothing is nowhere I enter, and there are already IP-address is not the one that I introduced her hands, and 192.168.0.86.

stassat @ 13.04.20, 10:49*
According to this report, such as a connection there, it's up to the file remains.
Have you tried with the file name<wr842ndv2_tp_recovery.bin>?

Yes, there konekt writes tftpd is: "error 2 in system call CreateFile Can not find the file specified."

If you do not run any programs, here's what happens to the network connection without continuously (constantly) and cyclic, fast (TP-LINK TL-WR842ND):

The network cable is not connected - Connected - does not recognize the network.
this time with the TP-LINK TL-WR842ND:
Light up all the lights on it - go out all except the first one (the one that the power light / far left).

Mr. Crank @ 13.04.20, 07:22*
After these messages, it became clear: Users get worse?

Nothing. All in the same condition.

4) What do you mean "nothing", there is no longer a connection [Connection received from 192.168.0.86 on port 3076] bulbs and do not react?

By "nothing" was meant tftpd response program: "error 2 in system call CreateFile Can not find the file specified."

Here are 2 variants are slightly different: should blink or burn USB
Should turn to squander lock: Recovery (v2)
Pay attention to the "Before starting tftpd-server router must be in recovery mode,
otherwise you may have problems connecting to the PC network interface "

Many thanks, today try to accomplish your goal.

P.S.
When tftpd run, hold the button and reconnect all the instructions, there is a slight pause in the constant reboot TP-LINK-well, and as they say in the instructions, illuminates only the leftmost and rightmost bulbs. Those. he responds correctly, it should be.

I suspect and agree that see some "herd" it with a file.
No wonder that the program tftpd writes: File<wr842ndv2_tp_recovery.bin>: Error 2 in system call CreateFile Can not find the file specified. Only problem is that a lot of different firmware files (ripped) to rename the specified (wr842nv2_tp_recovery.bin) and threw the same error pops up. It remains, assuming now only your latest recommendations / options.
and it is possible to download the latest version of the official firmware from the site TP-LINK-A and cut it (unfortunately so far I do not know and do not know how to do, the Internet has not yet found a detailed instruction for beginners)
In any case, can someone help. regarding circumcision
Some options are:

HJSplit is a freeware and portable (size == 300 KB), and does not have to be installed.
There is an older, free command-line version of Goetz's File Splitter, it is best if you plan on running batch scripts to split many files.
7-Zip is another free open source program that allows you to split (with or without compression) and combine files, either via GUI (right click on the file>Split File ...>choose size) or command line.
Total Commander does that as well (Files>Split File ...).

Post has been editedstassat - 13.04.20, 09:21

Rep: (1784)
stassat @ 13.04.20, 9:06*
to rename the specified (wr842nv2_tp_recovery.bin)

you have a router requests a file with a different name, be attentive, missed the letter '' d '', t. e.
File name should be wr842nd v2_tp_recovery.bin

Post has been editedvaleramalko - 13.04.20, 07:58

valeramalko @ 13.04.20, 11:58*
you have a router requests a file with a different name, be attentive, missed the letter '' d '', t. e.
File name should be wr842ndv2_tp_recovery.bin

thank you so much. Thank you.
You were right and the problem was solved this way, the correct file name, in this case, it is my:d /
B - care.

All thanks to all router recovered:
Connection received from 192.168.0.86 on port 3983 [13/04 13: 05: 56,794]
Read request for file<wr842ndv2_tp_recovery.bin>. Mode octet [13/04 13: 05: 56,799]
OACK:<timeout = 2,> [13/04 13:05:56.800]
Using local port 51220 [13/04 13: 05: 56.800]
<wr842ndv2_tp_recovery.bin>: Sent 15873 blks, 8,126,464 bytes in 14 s. 0 blk resent [13/04 13: 06: 10.106]

Issue has been resolved. Maybe someone someday will help my mistakes, and your helpful answer will help solve someone's problem!

Post has been editedstassat - 13.04.20, 09:16

Rep: (145)
stassat @ 13.04.20, 06:49*
I explain: (Windows 10)
1) Control Panel \ Network and Internet \ Network Connections
2) Right-click on the network device
3) Properties / IP version 4 (NCP / IPv4)
4) A check mark in the "Use the following IP-address"
5) in the IP-address insert 192.168.0.66 (subnet mask pops up automatically, tick on "Use the following addresses of DNS-servers" is automatically set - empty field)
6) click "OK"
7) window closes
8) open again / again the window "properties", nothing is nowhere I enter, and there are already IP-address is not the one that I introduced her hands, and 192.168.0.86

it's amazing

however, you have already figured out it was the wrong file name

Rep: (0)
* stassat , There shapee threads have a website with proshvkami openvrt, optimtzirovanymi under modem.Dlya v2 exactly there, and I put the modem worked well.

Rep: (1)
Good day to all.
I have a problem - without much knowledge picking routers and so on)
In stock TP-LINK TL-WR842N v.5.0.
Bought, installed the firmware from Padavan and friends from here:

SOLALEX1 Thank you.
I tried to install all sorts of buns according to the instructions from YouTube, Githab ...
Even a flash drive of 32 gigabytes under the EXT2 formatul, but little happened (
I decided to go to the OpenWart of the Ministry of Extreme Version - everything was successfully, Russified, I wanted to try to configure (I think something in the OpenWart more opportunities than in Padavana) and collided with:
The whole problem is the speed of the Internet via Wi-Fi and 1 megabita does not pull (on the wire - 75 megabit works).
Do not scold, poke, pliz, finger like in OpenWRT 19.07.2 R10947-65030D81F3 on the MediaTek MT76X8 802.11bng chip speed on Wi-Fi normal to do?
ZY Now and for more than a year, the Internet operates on TP-link 741nd versions 4.2 (installed OpenWart 18 version) The speed of Wi-Fi is about 75 Mbps.
Thank.

Post has been editedoskoline - 17.04.20, 08:10

Returned to drain through TFTP:

Updated to the newest firmware from the site.
Ineta speed via WiFay - 75 megabit).
Thoughts are: can the transition from Padavana on the opnvent lamets of Wi-Fi, and you need to Padavan - return to the stock - OpenWart?
I will try - I will unsubscribe (or maybe someone will tell me - so that in vain is not ...., and again I tried to tune with Padavan (it's 75m, too)))

Rep: (6)
* Oskoline,
Faced with a large problem - the Internet speed on Wi-Fi and 1 megabita does not pull (on the wire - 75 megabit works)

There is a branch of OpenWRT, try thereOpenWRT / LEDE - Alternative Firmware (Post Salexa # 87967616)can help

Transition from Padavana for stock, then - the opnvent did not help.
Wi-Fi Setup Tip:
There is a branch of OpenWRT, Try OpenWRT / LEDE - Alternative Firmware (Post Salexa # 87967616) can help -
Increased loading speed by Wi-Fi with 0.8 Mbps to 4 Mbps, but it is incomparably with 75 Mbps on the drain and Padavan!
Returned to Padavan.
Actual tasks:
1. Forcpleer on the "Ivi" button on the LV smartness console (solved easily).
2. Remove advertising with the router. (??? I heard maybe because of this does not work Forkler ???)
3. Remove the blocking of sites in t and .onion.
4. Set the torrenthouse on the router (to start on the USB))
5. This in the network has not met, but I would like the Assester server on the router (for forcpleer))
6. ...
ZY That would be topical solutions to these tasks, and then often pushing out for non-working (
Thank. :)

Here I found information about the possible reason for problems with Wi-Fi on the OpenWart:

But there for TP-Link 840N (in it the same chip Wi-Fi).
How to solve with TP-Link 842n Ver.56 I do not know yet, but I would like to all the OpenWart, and not Padavan, because Support is steeper, and Padavan (Linaro) is not very tpl in (

Rep: (535)
There is WR842ND v1.1. Will the speed fall, if I proceed from the runway on OpenWRT 18.06.8 / 19.07.2 or Gargoyle 1.12? Maybe someone compared or simply there is experience in use. What to choose?

Post has been editedAramir_ - 22.04.20, 13:39

Aramir_ @ 04.20.20, 22:58*
There is WR842ND V1. Will the speed fall, if I proceed from the runway on OpenWRT 18.06.8 / 19.07.2 or Gargoyle 1.12? Maybe someone compared or simply there is experience in use. What to choose?

For 842n version 1 (you) Wi-Fi on any firmware will be the rules)
In version 5, just a chip "Mediamatk" and the Openwarts have no normal driver (- I understand that by reading the forums ...

* Oskoline, Put 19.07, works well!

Rep: (33)
* Aramir_ , and on 19.07 for V1 there is an opportunity to work with a USB modem? (Out of the box or by installing additional packages)

* Xalio, like this: http: //linuxoidblog.bl...06/4g-openwrt.html? m = 1

Rep: (230)
Good day to all!
Maybe someone will come in handy. Using a smartphone as a USB modem in the router 842.
We have: Router 842 V5 in 3 / 4G router mode. Firmware official 190805.
When the smart connection is connected (USB modem mode on smart is turned off) for a long time looking for a long time (3G / 4G USB modem: definition ...), and in the end it writes "3G / 4G USB modem: unknown"
Include USB modem mode on smart and seconds after 5: "3G / 4G USB modem: definition successfully."
The Internet on the wire and WiFi is distributed.
On the Status tab:
Attached Image

And, yes - I know that you can distribute the Internet directly from a smart in WiFi mode router, but this method (smart + router), it seems to me much more flexible.
And you can not buy a modem, but try using an old smart to do this.

One bigBUT - It happened on one (Alcatel 3x) of the two smartphones available from me. On Lenovo K5 Pro - this method did not take off.
What is the case here - I do not know. On Lenovo Android 8.1, on the alkatel - 7.1. But it is unlikely that the Android version is.

And the second is largeBUT Speed ​​on the distribution (that by WiFi, which on the wire) for some reason is rigidly limited to DL / UL 7/5 Mbit, although the speed of 28/12 Mbps itself is in the same place. Simka is the same.
The same smart when connected to a computer in a USB modem mode gives a speed of 55/30 Mbps (SMART installation site is another - mobile network at this point is better).
When connecting the "present" USB modem E3372 to a 7/5 limit router. Perhaps in the router there is no driver suitable for such a "android smartphone" and is used as limited.
If someone tells how this option passes in the alternative firmware of the router - to that of my words of gratitude: yes2:

Rep: (14)
Hey. Collected firmware update for V2 version.
Details inthis post

Post has been editedDI_MMA - 24.04.20, 04:53

Rep: (114)
V3 router firmware openwrt (ofmodemsandmen) does not want to cling to the client to a WiFi grid. Can anyone win?

Rep: (25)
ag-94 @ 04/24/20, 9:16*
V3 router firmware openwrt (ofmodemsandmen) does not want to cling to the client to a WiFi grid.
and broadcasting type (only N / legacy, 20 / 40MHz, # channel type encryption key) on both devices identical?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 03.01.21, 03:49