TP-LINK TL-WR842ND - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, firmware, problem solving

Rep: (15)
TP-LINK TL-WR842N / ND- Discussion
Attached Image
The forum decided to post images under the spoiler Attached Image

A photo:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Description:
TL-WR842ND is a multi-function wireless N Router with data transfer rates up to 300 Mbit / s, which ensures trouble-free streaming of HD-video, online gaming, Skype calls and fast transfer of files over the LAN. Multifunction USB port provides convenient work with the printer over a wireless connection and the ability to FTP-server configuration. Guest network with its own private access to your network for guest users, and VPN-tunnel function can ensure the security in data transmission between several local networks.
Specifications:
  • Wi-Fi speed - up to 300 Mbps
  • Wireless Standards - IEEE 802.11n / g / b
  • Frequency range - 2,400 - 2,4835 GHz
  • Interfaces - 4 10/100 Mbps LAN ports, 1 10/100 Mbps WAN port, 1 USB 2.0 port
  • Buttons Button - WPS / Reset (WPS function / reset), Wi-Fi ON / OFF button (on / off wireless broadcast)
  • Antennas - 2 removable omnidirectional antennas with 5 dBi gain
  • USB functions - Data storage / FTP / Media / Print server / 3G / 4G connection
  • Wireless Network Security - WEP, WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK Encryption, MAC Address Filtering
  • Additional functions - NAT (network address translation), VPN traffic transmission (PPTP / L2TP / IPSec), SPI firewall, access control, 5 IPsec VPN tunnels, guest network
  • Food - 12 V post. current / 1 A
  • Dimensions - 192 x 130 x 33 mm
Firmware
Instructions:
Complete User Guide:
Restore or replace the router software:
  • 1. If there are no problems for users when switching from official to alternative firmware, an attempt to replace one alternative firmware with another may cause difficulties. For example, if you want to replace OpenWRT with DD-WRT (and other combinations), you will need to roll back to the factory software from the web interface and then upgrade to the desired one.
  • 2. This router is practically not killed (in terms of experiments with software), but a situation may arise when it is necessary to recover, but there is no access to the web interface. Then we do this (an example for revision v2, therefore the files are substituted for the revision corresponding to yours):time, two, three. Firmware for recovery via tftpd revision 3.
  • 3. Ways to replace the router software

3G / 4G USB Modem Compatibility Chart(stock software).
3G Backup Channel Setup(OpenWRT).
Examplerestore and configure the router (ver.1) with Gargoyle, NDIS modem (3372) + unlimited bonuses ;-)
Replacing the radiator in the TL-WR842ND v1
Connect OpenWrt / LEDE as a wifi client
DD-Wrt connection as a wifi client
We raise 4G connection on Openwrt
Differences from the team building ofmodemsandmen from openwrt
Collection of tips

The curator of the topic isN.o.F.a.c.e.

Post has been editedstp101 - 13.05.20, 18:39
Reason for editing: OpenWrt 19.07.2 for WR842N v5.

Rep: (311)
Kryukov.Rostislav @ 11/22/2015, 5:44 PM*
Friends, there is such a router. Wi-Fi does not work - the button from the back if you hold for 2-3 seconds, then in the Status section the status of the wireless network changes On / Off. But there is no broadcast. Visually, the whole is on board and there is no smell.
What could be? How to return the wireless?

a similar situation ... only on the native firmware ... there is a wireless on the dd-wrt and open-wrt ... does anyone have any thoughts on how to return the waffle to the NATIVE prosh ...

Rep: (115)
Hello! I received this device as a gift, the question is: there is a Canon MF 3110 MFP, when connected to the USB port of the router, it is not visible on the wafer either from BB (Win8.1x64) or from other Android / windows devices. In what m. hook? : blush:

* Peugeot339 In order to see in Windows you need to install ... http: \\ proadminz.ru/nastroyka-dd-wrt-v-primerah/ for the link we don’t pay attention that for dd-wrt ... from the router it is only necessary to enable the printer’s support in vinostroyka ... all the most important thing in the actions in Windows ... they are similar for 7,8,8.1,10 ... in android It is necessary to look for an application that supports your printer ... and the fact that it is ...

Post has been editedegen1980 - 20.12.15, 16:55

* egen1980
Under the link - an error 404 ... :(

* Peugeot339 xs ... from the application I have transferred ... proadminz.ru/nastroyka-dd-wrt-v-primerah ... type in the address bar

Rep: (7)
Can anyone merge the firmware dump for this router? I want to try to pick up on the programmer.

* egen1980
There is no stone flower ... :(

Found on the forum on D-Link:
As far as I know ALL LaserBase line is GDI (CAPT) printers.
(Anyway, the Canon LaserBase MF-3110 MFP is a software-based printer).
Those. programmatically controlled.
With D-Link print servers and other 100% incompatible.
But there is an exception.
For them, let's say the print server AXIS 1610 and AXIS 1650 distributed through the Canon dealer network. Made specifically for Canon.
This is the only exception to the rule saying that print servers cannot be used for GDI printers.
Do not forget to notify the Client about the cost of the specified print servers.
Their price is comparable with the cost of a normal computer and exceeds the cost of the
Canon LaserBase MF-3110 MFP (A4, 2400С…1200dpi, 64Mb, USB).
In this way. "No options".
Questions to Canon.

It's a pity... :(

Post has been editedPeugeot339 - 21.12.15, 17:29
Reason for editing: Added info on MF3110

Colleagues, please tell me about the firmware. I bought this unit for use in a small network, 10-15 clients, and also as a print server and a backup channel with 3G internet. Native (the latest official) firmware is simply inadequate: by connecting the modem first tries for a long time to determine the whistle, if it is determined that as long establishes a connection that constantly breaks. If you connect via usb hub (tried different support is stated on the website) and a printer and a modem, the situation is even worse, or one or both units are not determined (sin a shortage of food, but it was not there). As a result, it is poured into a monster Openwrtfrom here and happiness seemed to come ... It was not there! Gone was a problem with the print server and the modem - it worked, but there were other problems. Constantly fall off wired clients, wifi internet access is no longer allowed into the wireless clients, even with it on the router connected clients on the network. Reboot helps correct the situation, but not the first time, and from the 2nd third and not for long. Multi WAN such works, but when you switch to pppoe on 3g traffic passes, not all internet radio can play, and the page is not loaded, etc. (Both added to connect one firewall zone that should eliminate such phenomena). Hair ripped everywhere already. Loading seems not large, heavy no nobody pulls mainly web documents in the cloud, and the connection of the banking terminal. Prior to that, he was for years a box DSR-500N and there were no problems (it is now no longer with us). This raises a few questions: Is there a stable firmware (gargoyle, tomato or other custom) for my needs, and the same thing if tl-wr842ND v2 and tl-wr842N v2 (possible to put this luci-15.05-ar71xx-generic- tl-wr842n-v2 -squashfs-factory.bin).

Post has been editedaltiveus - 25.12.15, 19:02

* altiveus,
dd-wrt have not been set? ..

egen1980 @ 12.26.2015, 00:51*
dd-wrt have not been set? ..

No, I have not tried. I read everything I could find on the firmware for this piece of hardware and it seems that dd-wrt on it, according to reviews, is sadder than the official one. Put it all the samegargoyle - much more stable with the network (generally within 12 hours no problem, and this is the miracle of trust). But I understand luci multiwan not come to establish. Package Available packages in there, if you add in the way of openwrt configuration setting results in an error and disable scanning of signatures. Gentlemen, can advise on the backup channel configuration with 3G, it is desirable from a web muzzle gargoyle? And whether it is necessary to install anything for HP LJ 1350 printer (any changes for this shummashiny as I understand it in the assembly openwrt have been made). I apologize in advance for maybe stupid question, but is small enough information in the network to meet these challenges, in particular by means of a web interface, the majority of SSH (later begin to learn to work through the terminal).

Rep: (226)
Peugeot339 @ 12.20.2015, 15:57*
Hello! I received this device as a gift, the question is: there is a Canon MF 3110 MFP, when connected to the USB port of the router, it is not visible on the wafer either from BB (Win8.1x64) or from other Android / windows devices. In what m. hook?

I have an MFP from Kenon normally picked up with such a router.
Step by step it looks like this:

1. In the settings of the router (192.168 ...) - USB settings - Print server - Online.
2. On the computer you are looking for, drivers must be installed on the MFP.
3. It should also install the Tlinker utility.TP-Link printer controller
4. Already in it, the connected multifunction device must be determined over the network - and in the same place you can set its automatic connection when printing. From there, the scanner is separately cut.

Post has been editedenclless - 26.12.15, 09:14

enclless @ 12.26.2015, 11:14*

Yes, Canon's multifunction devices are picked up normally (problems can arise only with hp gdi printers), the scanner only does not work this way, I have at least, but it says depends on the driver for a specific device (there should be support for network scanning). On the official firmware from canon usb controller, the client machine also has a scanner, but it falls off periodically.

Reporting. Gargoyle OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05 / LuCI (git-15.322.41240-4e44955). Checked with the Canon MG2440 MFP and HP LaserJet 1320 (n) works without problems. Almost a day I’m terrorizing the device with 5 wireless clients (before that, as I said, they constantly fell off) - I download and distribute torrents, I twist stream video in HD. The box is a little warm (and I also put a radiator on a pebble). It remains to fasten the backup channel, so that the automatic switching between providers is not yet decided.
Curator would be in topic -shapka issue, and then on the crumbs in the network have to collect!

Post has been editedaltiveus - 26.12.15, 11:49

enclless @ 12.26.2015, 09:14*
Step by step it looks like this ...

Gran Merci, but it turns out "soft" print server, sharpened under Win, and I would like, as I wrote above, to print and withAndroid-devices ...

* Peugeot339
This is for you to check the applications for network printing on the condition of supporting your MFP ... I have an ink jet MFP canon and a laser print nr ... each has its own applications ... and the most offensive of all the variety found only one ... and Not one application from the manufacturer does not rob ...

* altiveus,
by dd-wrt ... I will not say ... but at the firmware does not work consistently Bat ... 4 ... one wireless computer and a network (because it left the open-wrt, I could not quite get manual could not connect to no p2p) ... to yusb through a hub 2 printer uptime ... two weeks with no problems ... not warm and fails (even if the provider does not tupil, a couple of months of uptime would be) ... dd-wrt interface very similar to the interface devices zuheley (setup process and one totzhe) ... but a factory beg Trouble ... fucking understand it once so ... I can not understand what the problem is ... and do not like the software but and not the hardware ...

Post has been editedegen1980 - 27.12.15, 10:34

Egen1980 @ 12.27.2015, 12:31*
but from the factory troubl ... hell understand it so ... I can’t understand what the problem is ... it’s not software, but not hardware ...

Obviously a software problem (there is even an excuse about the development of a third party on the site, so that there are no complaints). Wherever I can, I use dd-wrt, but in the specific case the most stable of the 4 tested was the gargoyle. Loading minimum judging by reports. The only, as you have, problem with settings, terminal linux is heavy for me. But in the end everything works fine except the multivane.

Rep: (49)
Hello, tell me please, I bought a TL-WR842ND router from my hands, the factory password for Wi fi was erased at the bottom of the cover. I reset the settings with the button, but the password is unknown and the network is password-protected. What factory password can be on it tell me? There is no computer and therefore you can’t go to the settings site

Dmitrimalik77 @ 01/08/2016, 15:04*
What factory password can be on it tell me?

I have written "Wireless Password / PIN: 29245826"

Rep: (0)
If the firmware is original, then there is WPS in the settings
There pin-code he has a password for wiwai

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 17/07/20, 15:40